Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

Eeeeee!!!

Made in China news!  It's being screened at the Tokyo International Film Festival in the Asian Future section.  TIFF movie page is here.  The film festival runs from October 23-31, 2014.  So I guess this is the premiere, finally.

Short description from TIFF:
Chinese eel farmer Chen smuggles himself into Korea to prove that his eels are safe after hearing that his eels were all thrown away due to contamination.

Oh, and this:
90_zps7bcc82e4.jpg~original

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In celebration of the one year anniversary of the end of Good Doctor, and my favorite cameo ever:

I linked to the Joo Won cut of this a long time ago (in this post), but I found another video source, so I made a different cut. :)

And look!  It's the guy from Castella!  I just looked at Jo Hee Bong's profile, and I had no idea they've been in so many things together.  When It's At Night, Love & Marriage, Chuno, Castella, and Good Doctor.  Funny how I never really thought about that before.  Well, I guess I have an excuse, having still not seen any of those dramas, except Castella and Good Doctor.  I'm coming dangerously close to watching one of them though.  I've been trying not to, so I can ration them out carefully.  Still 480-something days left...

His one official Good Doctor still (haha, appropriate that he's with Jo Hee Bong again):
67941_zps99a64176.jpg~original

The TIFF Made In China page has been updated:

Synopsis

Chinese eel farmer Chen smuggles himself into Korea to prove that his eels are safe to eat. An inspector takes pity on his desperation and tests his eels, only to discover that they are contaminated. To give him some hope, she gets him a job as a guard at a local business. But when Chen settles into his new job, he finds out the building he’s guarding is an illegal eel farm that harvests rejected batches from the inspector. Feeling betrayed, Chen takes the boss hostage and transports all the eels to a nearby lake...

◆Director's Message
What I would like to share with audience with this film is about Korean society, more specifically, about a capitalist society. All of us in this system hope to reach the top and obtain wealth. When such condition is fulfilled, we call this ‘success’, and through this we achieve respect from others. Desiring a ‘better life’, we risk everything to obtain this and disregard what’s important in our lives. This is often the final goal of life for most people, and they will do everything in their power to achieve it, which often creates hurdles in communication between one another. {Made in China} deals with problems of our current time: it reveals the absence of communication and the irony of capitalism. Before we had a chance to observe, China has become a global economic superpower, and our bias towards China and its citizens have created a barrier. Facing equal negligence due to clashes in our history, Korea and Japan have not maintained favorable relationship over the years. I hope, with this film, we acknowledge our neighboring countries with utmost maturity and reflect on the conditions we have set for ourselves.

Two (very tiny) new stills:
90_1_zpsa34fb952.jpg~original90_2_zpscb30545c.jpg~original

Okay, I couldn't resist.  How many times have I watched this trailer already?  A lot of times.  Haha.  So much for productivity today.

Anyway!  Welcome @shadi.hariri68_979f!  I don't think I've seen you here before.  Thanks for the alternate link.

Kisses!
Lsu9QPq.jpg

Eels!
mic12_zps59d1bead.jpg~original

This is going to be really depressing, isn't it?
mic34_zpsc7f8d3c0.jpg~original
mic789_zpse4dbda1d.jpg~original

How long am I going to have to wait to see this?  Sigh.

Gaksital BTS 65 (Last one of the three I was trying to find!):

So next time I watch this episode, I'm going to be thinking about that script hidden under the pillow. :)

There are still a couple of these that are missing from youtube, I think, including one of his interviews, so I want to upload it, but I can only find the Chinese subbed version.  Hmm.

And...I'm about thisclose to making a thread for Made In China.  It's even already drafted (and has been for a while).  For what reason?  Who knows.  Haha.  The premiere at TIFF is on the 25th, and the director is supposedly doing a Q&A, so maybe there will be some news on that, and hopefully there will be some early (English) reviews, since it's written by Kim Ki-duk and associated with Kim Ki-duk Films. 

Edit:

I made the thread!  Probably won't be much going on there though...

Also, Kim Ki-duk has been added to the first Q&A session on the 25th, so hopefully that will attract some attention and media coverage too.

Someone please tell me why I started watching Golden Fish.  Haha.

Well, I use the word "watching" loosely, I guess.  More like fast forwarding though to find the good parts (and then making cuts so I never need to fast forward again!).  And I'm only on like episode 9 of what?  133 or something?  What did I get myself into?  :)

I'm still in the blond haired Kang Min period of the drama, which was also the same time period as The Scary One, The Ghost, and I.  I recently rewatched that too; maybe the blond hair was what did it, lol.  That drama special might be my favorite one, and perhaps it subconsciously influenced me to spend some more time flashing back to 2010.  But all four drama specials are good.  I was thinking, what other actors have done so many drama specials? Lee Min Ki came to mind.  He did several too.  And Lee Sun Kyun did a lot.  But I couldn't think of many others. 

Anyway, it always somehow makes me feel better when I can finally place old photos in their proper context in my mind, and my (kinda, sorta) watching Golden Fish is giving me some of those moments.

Like this one.  Golden Fish script reading, with his drama wife, Guzal Tursunova:
1_L_1273230860artsnews_zps23deef12.jpg~o
source

And all of his official stills from Golden Fish, at least as far as I can tell:
fish_photo101108170227fish20102_zpsbd1d0
fish_photo101108170227fish20100_zpsaab07

Spoiler

fish_photo101109170337fish20101_zpsde4fc
fish_photo101108170227fish20101_zps53785
fish_photo101108170227fish20104_zps0ce38
sources: 1, 2
He's only in the very last two sets of stills!  Poor Kang Min.  133 episodes, and this is all you get?

I wish there was more Made In China news.  Urgh.  Everything I've found is in the movie thread, but it doesn't amount to much.

Well, I can console myself with 124 more episodes of Kang Min while I wait, I guess. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to sifting through all those random extra kwave photos from last fall.

Here are my favorites of the first set:
10751_zpsb5cebc46.jpg~original

Spoiler

10753_zpsa4869fd6.jpg~original
10755_zps89ac91c0.jpg~original
10772c_zps080b6322.jpg~original
10778c_zpsee2010eb.jpg~original

There are something like 60 of these (that I know of, at least), and several more from this set alone.  I'll probably continue posting my favorites of the other sets too, but if anyone wants the ones I don't post, let me know.

And a funny kwave-related sidenote...when I posted the photos from the main photo shoot before, I had just downloaded the low-res version of the magazine and used the photos from that.  And even then, I had to resize them smaller, if memory serves.  But at some point I downloaded the high-res version of the magazine, and oh my.  If you like the idea of getting up close and personal, to the point of being able to count the hairs on the back of his hand, then now you know where to go.  You can thank me later. :)

It's been almost a month since anyone posted something here!  This thread is getting sad and lonely.  Don't mind me; I'll just be sitting here with only my cat for company like poor, sad Kang Hwi.
khfh1_zps21bc1898.jpg~original
Heh.

Oh, and I posted this massive list of all of the Gaksital BTS videos in the drama thread a few days ago, if anyone's interested.  At least all the links are in one place now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realized that this was not posted here yet:
micposter1_zps7eeada77.jpg~original
Still no high res version that I've seen (or any version of any poster, for that matter).  This one's from a scan of the promotional brochure from the film market at Busan in October.  Here's the rest:

Spoiler

Aaah.  Want to see.  Not feeling terribly hopeful, though.

Speaking of things I want to see but maybe will never, I keep hoping Mad Sad Bad will turn up somewhere.  It was at another festival in October, but that's the only recent news I've seen about it.  Ugh.  Why won't the world help me with my withdrawal symptoms? :)

Which leads me to Golden Fish update!  Lol.  On episode 21, but I haven't watched any in a couple of weeks.  Have been contemplating a rewatch of Story of a Man, though, inspired by some bts videos.  It got me thinking about all the accoutrements that came along with that role - the glasses, headphones, even the hair in the face.  All that stuff could be used as a sort of shorthand for the character, but past a certain point, I can imagine that it became more of a hindrance than a crutch.  Imagine having to act through all that. 

Favorite stills, since we're on the subject:
52415_S58_122524_zps2f3feb23.jpg~origina

Spoiler

155014061_Ldaum_zps8a8cafda.jpg~original
storyofamandaum2_zps0db644c0.jpg~origina
155007002_L_zps351d770a.jpg~original572030_zps16b5f8e5.jpg~original
155007017_L_zps84e358f4.jpg~original155007013_L_zps18d717c5.jpg~original
574353_zps98999ff4.jpg~original
572029_zps52be7ea9.jpg~original
155007015_L_zpse1d06ee2.jpg~original
155006036_L_zpsa53286c9.jpg~original
155006037_L_zps9ad1777e.jpg~original
155007009_L_zps6db6c577.jpg~original
155007008_L_zpscb29c5d6.jpg~original

I have a lot of favorites...oops.

Anyone want to join me in my rewatch?

Morning/evening :-h

How's winter going for you? Just so you know Ecs707a don't think you're alone like Kang hwii and Chaton, I read everything you and uri Na71 wrote here.

My following post will be a short review from a PKW's fan point of view of the drama Full House2. What does that mean? Whenever I'm planning on watching a show for the second lead's sake, I usually wonder whether he has enough screen time? Was he just another third-wheel puppy put in the picture merely to enhance the first lead's presence, OR was he actually a character of significance, in terms of contributing to the plot, having his own well-structured presence; represented in not just being a pain (or in pain) thru out the drama, given a background story for us, audience, to understand where he comes from, his stand in the story and predict where he's headed away from his (unreturned) love for the girl. If he has in him more than: I love her, but she doesn't, ok, I'll spend the rest of the show mourning what could've happened. cry for me audience, cry. I wanna pinpoint that as briefly as possible. Hoping to encourage those who haven't caught the drama yet to maybe do+ nostalgic reasons+ I just like talking about PKW's awesomeness there.

ecs707a said: Castella quest update!  I know probably no one cares but me, but I finally got it!  Yay...

Now, if only there were subs, haha.  I know that's probably never going to happen.  (But the script is actually still up on the official site from however many years ago, which I thought was interesting...not terribly helpful, but interesting.)

@dr25!  All I wanted was for someone else to post something so I don't look like quite such a crazy person, but you went above and beyond. :)

dr25

said: My following post will be a short review from a PKW's fan point of view of the drama Full House2. What does that mean? Whenever I'm planning on

watching a show for the second lead's sake

, I usually wonder whether he has enough screen time? Was he just another third-wheel puppy put in the picture merely to enhance the first lead's presence, OR was he actually a character of significance, in terms of contributing to the plot, having his own well-structured presence; represented in not just being a pain (or in pain) thru out the drama, given a background story for us, audience, to understand where he comes from, his stand in the story and predict where he's headed

away from his (unreturned) love for the girl

. If he has in him more than: I love her, but she doesn't, ok, I'll spend the rest of the show mourning what could've happened. cry for me audience, cry. I wanna pinpoint that as briefly as possible. Hoping to encourage those who haven't caught the drama yet to maybe do+ nostalgic reasons+ I just like talking about pkw's awesomeness there.

Aw, FH2.  That was the first drama I made it through after Gaksital ended (and the only one, for an embarrassingly long time).  Ha.  So it's possible that my memories are nostalgia-clouded.  That show was a little ridiculous, but that totally works for me in a rom-com.  The instant most rom-coms go for realistic, I'm usually out because I just can't suspend my disbelief enough.  (Yes, I may be a little jaded. ) But I do think it was sweet and funny, and of course it had a good cast (loved both HJE and NMW here too)...it really didn't deserve the treatment it got.  Shelved for so long, then dumped on SBS Plus.  But on the bright side, I think it sent his popularity in Japan skyrocketing, so there's that.

I rewatched the first 4 or 5 episodes when we were doing the screencaps for the first post, but haven't otherwise revisited it.  I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it, @dr25.

And yes, you must add Never Ending Story to your to-watch list.  It's good.  Not perfect, but worth a watch for sure.

On another note, I'm in the middle of Art of Fighting.  And then I'm out of movies, except A Ghost Story (can't seem to find that, and not sure it's worth the effort anyway), and the two I'm ever so (im)patiently waiting for.

haha you really do miss him a lot. All of the above, Golden Fish, plus a rewatch of AMS! I thought you didn't have the head to sit thru long series, (fast forwarding is one way or the other sitting thru one). Admittedly, I, the pot, am greeting the kettle here As I have watched Chuno (rewinded a couple of times to hear how he says things while having your fangirling and @Na71's over his voice in mind LOL), did a comparative analysis with a friend of mine on BM vs Nine: Time travel. Told my father to watch the drama on the hard disk I gave him (BM) because he was watching a documentary on the Japanese period in Korea the other week. And marathoned Full House during the hectic three days after which my brother's wedding was held. HA. Regaining my quite surrounding by the end of each day couldn't have been a better experience.

Aaand...I still haven't watched Chuno!  See what a bad fan I am?  Heh.

You know, I think the problem is that I got used to my weekly dose through Beating Hearts, and then there was just nothing.  Cue withdrawal shakes, lol.  But it's easy to fix at first.  There's some low-hanging fruit there--old movies like Art of Fighting, Someone Behind You, and MTF2 for example.  And there was still The Musical to watch, which was at the top of the "older dramas of his that I actually had some intention of watching" list.  But then I ran out of those (except Chuno).  So where does that leave me?  Golden Fish, of course.  It made sense at the time.   (And I'm really just starting the video, setting it on 2x speed, and then doing something else, only looking up every so often to check.  Also, I think even in the episode that he's had the most screen time in so far, it was only something like 6 or 7 minutes.  So that's how I've "watched" 21 episodes so far.)

I have still been saving the few Beating Hearts episodes that actually got subbed somewhat completely.  So I haven't burned through everything yet!  (Gotta ration a little; there's still over a year left.)

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:

Quoting myself to say: yes, they are still out there!  Thanks to Baidu Joo Won Bar's youku channel, I found all three, and even a couple more I had forgotten about.

Oh dear lord.  I just finally watched all the way to the end of that naver video.  I'd never seen that one before.  There should be a warning label: "May cause death by cuteness overload".  What was that freakout about?  Hahaha.  Thanks for finding that, @na71.

Don't you love it when a fellow fandom member does something after your heart? Like Baidu Joo Won Bar's youku channel this other lovely fan channel, utube, is so helpful. I found Kwoong's cut of Castella there. Is there where you found it? or is it your channel?

Your mention of high levels of cuteness lead me to check the video

AWWWWWWWW. Found myself a fangirling (?) gif

Yeah, that youtube channel is where I eventually found the PKW cut.  I think I even linked to it here a long time ago.  It was the full version of Castella that took forever and much digging to get my hands on.  I had already been looking for Castella for several months by the time that the cuts were posted to youtube, so it was still nice to get to see a little more of it while I kept searching.   Yay for fellow (crazy) fans.

And is it a fangirling gif?  Or a get-the-ick-off-of-me gif?  Or something else entirely?  I don't know either, but I do know that I keep watching, and laughing, and maybe even flailing a little in response.  I especially like the part where he starts to drink the juice, then has to stop and freak out some more, and only then can he drink.

dr25 said:

My faves of your faves Ecs

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkwv2/story%20of%20a%20man/155007015_L_zpse1d06ee2.jpg%7Eoriginal

Because this shirt is too lovely to ignore as well as the gesture of kindness and familiarity (which is a huge deal for someone of his condition) with Eunso it captures. I almost pronounced it a ship back then. The still is well representative of the character; ordinary people don't try reaching out like he's doing (with two fingers, eyes looking somewhere else), only extra-ordinary ones do. Showing the adorable (yes he is), the careful, cultivating Mazanger. I agree with you. As the BTS proved, it's not easy acting with all these stuff on, or walking the way he walked in AMS. It would've hurt my back to walk the way he did. In this BTS video his co-star, director-nim were even mocking it which means it was noteworthy and, although it seemed as if effortlessly done, it wasn't. So yah I see your point of details added to help make the character alive a bit more easily making it hard for the actor.

My two favorite characters! <3 

I wouldn't say I ever shipped them, precisely, but I loved how she just never treated him differently.  She would just talk to him, and somehow that worked.  Some natural level of understanding or comfort, I guess.  While the rest of the team certainly accepted him and cared about him, there always seemed to be some distance between him and them.

I love that scene.

dr25 said:

http://youtu.be/Lo7sd7B8R8o

lol clearly cuz seeing Philip Lee and PKW in one frame is one of the best things KDrama land has ever gifted me. You've seen this gif before but I never posted it here so more of their moments on that show. Them throwing peace at each other.

That video was one of the BTS videos I binged on the other day that made me want to watch it again.  That one's maybe the best example of switching in and out of the posture.

Story of a Man just feels like a winter drama to me somehow.  I think it's probably because that's when I watched it for the first time, two years ago.  And I haven't rewatched it since, so maybe it's time.

And I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of law that states that if one's k-actor loves appear together on screen, it's more than twice as awesome.  I think the exact figure is 14.2x. ;)

dr25 said:
Dunno about the rewatch. It's tempting alright but dunno. What you say we make it interesting and have our own discussion at the drama's thread. I bet fans will love seeing that some people are still watching. Plus, It's no simple drama, picking your mind on it would be nice. Might as well break the circle of me processing all the dramas I've seen since April inwardly. Or we just comment here on the KWong-reelated stuff.

Ha, I just checked that thread, and it's only been 2 years since someone posted there!  That's not as bad as I thought it might be.  It's been over 5 years since it aired.  I'd be up for a bit of a drama thread revival.  So wherever you want to discuss, it's okay with me.

Usually, the only time I can discuss dramas with other people is if I actually keep up with something currently airing.  Which almost never happens, and on the rare occasion that I try, it's kind of exhausting, and it still never really works all that well because there are too many people, and there's too much going on to really have a decent discussion.  It seems like a drama that would be fun to discuss, though.  We won't have to worry about spoiling each other since we've both seen it anyway, so we probably don't even really have to watch on the same schedule.  One of the best things about watching something for a second time is catching the things that seem inconsequential the first time, but mean a lot more when you know what's coming.  I definitely feel like I missed some things the first time, and have forgotten others in the two years since I watched it, I'm sure. 

And maybe we'll attract some other people too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Already a year ago...
1388999940-39_zps1013d9cf.jpg~original
source
From the 2013 SBS Entertainment Awards last December.  Don't remember seeing this exact photo before, though.  In case anyone forgot:

credit: 악별

Totally unrelated...I found this the other day, while looking for something else:

credit: MBCentertainment

This is part 2/8 of episode 28 of Introduce the Star's Friend from December 20, 2008.  I haven't actually watched much of it yet, and I don't think he's even spoken at all in the parts that I have watched, but I don't really care.  I've seen screencaps of this show before, and had no idea where they were from.  Now I know!

Links to all 8 parts:

More 2008 cuteness, just because:
D06CAE30BCC0D658_BC15AE30C6C5-D0E4B7F0D2
D06CAE30BCC0D658_BC15AE30C6C5-D0E4B7F0D2
source

ecs707a

said:

More 2008 cuteness, just because:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkwv2/other/D06CAE30BCC0D658_BC15AE30C6C5-D0E4B7F0D2B8_01_zpsb982c3e5.jpg~original

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkwv2/other/D06CAE30BCC0D658_BC15AE30C6C5-D0E4B7F0D2B8_03_zps9f713232.jpg~original

source

ecs707a said:[...]

And is it a fangirling gif?  Or a get-the-ick-off-of-me gif?  Or something else entirely?  I don't know either, but I do know that I keep watching, and laughing, and maybe even flailing a little in response.  I especially like the part where he starts to drink the juice, then has to stop and freak out some more, and only then can he drink.
[...]

And I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of law that states that if one's k-actor loves appear together on screen, it's more than twice as awesome.  I think the exact figure is 14.2x. ;)

[...]

dr25 said:

Bromance.

The heart of the show, its best parts were the interactions between KH & TI. I didn’t mind the romance but I the bromance made it for me. I personally tell my siblings " I hate you" a hundred times a day maybe. I hate them for eating the food I hide in the fridge, I hate them when they don't shut the door after they pass by for a talk, I hate them for all kinds of reasons but I know for sure if, God forbids, something bad is to hit them, I'll be there. That sums the KH & TI relationship. Now...after that KISS that might've been harder to achieve since it started a tad off the bromance league but they convinced me. There's an interview where PKW talks of how he has better chemistry with his male co-stars than with the female ones, oddly. After Bridal Mask, Secretly Greatly, and now FH, I totally agree. lol

I think this one is representative of their relationship. Standing at a distant while they're actually very close.

Their friendship on/off-stage makes for another couple to root for. Here's Showbiz Korea's August interview with Minew in which he mentioned PKW. I like how he didn't think twice before answering.

All I can think of now is this:

credit: rikotomo919

Hahaha.  And awwww. 

But "I didn't mind the romance" is a good way of describing how I felt about it too.  That wasn't why I kept watching, for sure.  It was really more about the friendships between all three of them that kept me watching (with a little of former manager-turned-singer guy whose name I can't remember at all).

I had not seen the NMW interview, but when they were on Radio Star together, they seemed to sort of have each others' backs (two years after FH2), which probably says something.  And this part (just skip to 1:20 or so...or watch the whole thing, haha):

Dorks.

dr25 said:

My favorite aspects of the drama:

This part had me pondering for about a week. I didn't know how to put it.

Bilingualism for Character's Psychology Insight.

I am pretty sure I wasn't thinking very hard about this drama when I watched it.  So I totally never even thought about the language aspect, except that he spoke Chinese sometimes and Korean sometimes, lol.  I definitely never thought about it that way, but it does make sense.  He speaks Chinese with his family then only when he basically has to.  And otherwise chooses to speak Korean.  But then he speaks Chinese in other circumstances, like in the store when he was buying clothes in whatever episode that was, so his language is kind of how he rebels.  I might have to watch a couple of random scenes again because I think I totally missed that the first time.  Or at least totally forgot that part.

Plus, the Chinese language skills got used again in Made in China.  So good practice to be Kang Hwi.

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:

And I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of law that states that if one's k-actor loves appear together on screen, it's more than twice as awesome.  I think the exact figure is 14.2x.

[...]

Ode to the  Joowoong couple

Oh okay.  Well.  The equation applies elsewhere too. :)

Speaking of which, I watched episode 1 and part of 2 of Story of a Man last night.  Yeah, there was stuff I totally forgot about.  So thoughts are coming in the drama thread (probably when I finish episode 2), @dr25.

dr25 said:

Hahaha.  And awwww. 

But "I didn't mind the romance" is a good way of describing how I felt about it too.  That wasn't why I kept watching, for sure.  It was really more about the friendships between all three of them that kept me watching (with a little of former manager-turned-singer guy whose name I can't remember at all).

I had not seen the NMW interview, but when they were on Radio Star together, they seemed to sort of have each others' backs (two years after FH2), which probably says something.  And this part (just skip to 1:20 or so...or watch the whole thing, haha):

Dorks.  :)

I couldn't have imagined how literal you meant that LOL. Watched the whole thing then UTube suggested part 3, which I'm putting on pause to write this .

Haaaa.  I didn't mean it literally.  But maybe I did!  Thanks, subconscious! 

Yeah, I actually just randomly remembered not too long ago that I never finished watching that episode of Radio Star.  I watched most of it a year ago, when it aired, and then forgot to finish it.  So I just saw that part for the first time, since it's at the very end of the episode.  I missed out on the best part for a year!

dr25 said:

Lord! He did a remake of the mobile ad dance in this part. 7 years and it's still haunting him =) . Now I have an answer for whoever asked me if SE were used. The MCs mentioned the KISS and I don't get a word of what Minew said. *frustrated buries head in pillow*

I think they were just talking about tooth brushing and mouthwash or something?  I seem to remember some articles at the time that said that.

Hmm...like these?

(garbled Google translate ahead)

Spoiler

No Min-woo radio star "Park Ki-woong and kiss scene, what fits haneunge refreshing to worry" LOL

No Min-woo and Park Ki-woong the 29th MBC entertainment program 'Radio Star' stand featured appearances on 'Pretty Boy comprehensive set of "Kiss said it past the scene at the time a comment.

The two men have ceased in December of SBS Plus 'Full House 2' deep kiss scene is to present the topic in a bar.

No Min-woo is a question of MC "was postponed Park Ki-woong and idol singer in 'Full House 2' stage was the performance level," he explained.

Park Ki-woong kissing partner was to have "hard that when you brush your teeth," and let's surprise confession No Min-woo is surprised, "Park Ki-woong and was worried what are you going to kiss that brings a suit to brush your teeth and freshness," he revealed aroused laughter.

source: OBS
And these two: moneyweek, news1

Yeah, that dance is never going away.  I really wonder how he feels about that.

dr25 said:

ecs707a said:

But then he speaks Chinese in other circumstances, like in the store when he was buying clothes in whatever episode that was, so his language is kind of how he rebels.

That would be in episode 1. When he bickered with NMW over that scarf and stormed out of the house in his so called embarrassing clothes. KH used Chinese cuz he was in China wearing a non-fit get up for the celeb fashonista. You don't expect him to sacrifice that over some secret identity problems? That was an emergency for him He must shop his way out of it. The preceding scene had his maneger (the nice one) saying. "KH wouldn't be roaming around in such clothes. He doesn't even speak Chines! He'll be back soon enough for the performance", or something along the lines. That's what got me wondering why is he hiding it from those whom he sees every day. That theory I concluded wasn't the result of thinking things over, the drama is lighter than that. I couldn't help seeing it this way being a language major. It may not be how it was really but it's how I saw it. In fact, writing it down consumed more brain cells. XD

That's the fun part of watching though, isn't it?  Coming up with crazy theories that the writers may or may not have intended?  Haha.  Don't worry, I liked reading your take on it.  I never would have thought of it, but that's the reason to discuss.

gwangjin011910-12-14a_zpsbb11fca9.jpg~or
gwanglin011910-1-14a_zpsb6f97ca3.jpg~ori
from the Gwangjin eps (17-20).  source: 1 2

Number of days remaining starts with a 3 now!  So only a little more than a year left!

I started reading from the beginning of the Story of a Man thread, which I'd never done before.  I saw these photos from 2009, which I somehow hadn't ever seen and which I thought were kind of adorable:
D06CAE30BCC0D658_1238981413_zps55e7a823.
D06CAE30BCC0D658_1238981473_zps5a129b40.
D06CAE30BCC0D658_1238981465_zps356ce96a.
source

I just realized that this thread is seriously lacking in goodies from The Musical.  It wasn't that bad, I swear!  (I actually liked The Musical.  It's very low-key, pretty character driven, some might say boring, but I didn't think so.  It was perhaps a little aimless at times, but I enjoyed it anyway.  And not just because of Yoo Jin!  But it certainly didn't hurt.  But I know I've professed my Yoo Jin love before, so...)

How about we start with some press conference photos (August 30, 2011)?

0830404174215_zps244ec1a1.jpg~original

0830402174007_zps28fe8dce.jpg~original

source

mus8dr_zpsb524e2da.jpg~original

mus8fr_zps6071fba7.jpg~original

source

musicalpressconosen_zpse02053c1.jpg~orig

And this one I have no idea where I found, but I can't not share it. :)

The timeline of his dramas around that point still baffles me.  They were done (or almost entirely done) with The Musical by the time it started airing in late 2011.  He was already filming for FH2 by the beginning of 2012 and maybe even in late 2011 (I can't remember the exact timing), but then FH2 didn't air until fall 2012. Gaksital was the only drama operating under a "normal" drama schedule during that whole 2-year period.  And when did he have time to fit Neverending Story in there?  I think it was while they were shopping The Musical around in early or mid 2011, probably.

Stills and bts vids coming up, once I find them all again...

Archived