Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

Beating Hearts photos from their time in Gwangjin (episodes 17-20):

july22014_zpseb75a7ea.jpg~original

july292014a_zps0c1dcc3c.jpg~original

july252014_zps5e85361f.jpg~original

Source: 1 2 3

The first two are from episode 18, and here's the BTS/interview clip from that part of the episode:

credit: SBSNOW

And I have no idea what circumstances led to the last photo.  What did Woo Shik do that deserved a spanking? :D

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Castella quest update!  I know probably no one cares but me, but I finally got it!  Yay...
castella1_zpsefe7145f.jpg~original
Now, if only there were subs, haha.  I know that's probably never going to happen.  (But the script is actually still up on the official site from however many years ago, which I thought was interesting...not terribly helpful, but interesting.)

Anyway, I finally got around to watching My Tutor Friend 2 last night, so apparently it's just been a 2007 kind of couple of days for me.

So it seems appropriate that when I went through and checked the the first post for broken links today, I noticed that the photos that someone posted years ago of the Someone Behind You premiere and/or press conference were gone (honestly, I'm not even sure what the pics were of, since they're gone now).  So I got to search for pics from 2007 too!  And...the 2007 hair was really not my favorite, but here are some pics anyway, lol.

From May 22, 2007 (Someone Behind You press conference):
200705221711061003_1_zps80b919ee.jpg~ori
2007052217133694065_1_zps7ab6009f.jpg~or
source: 1 2

And August 10, 2007 (Someone Behind You premiere, I think):
hankyung2007081060657_zps47449a05.jpg~or
2007081016471032482_1_zps12d245ef.jpg~or
I guess we're sort of celebrating the 7th anniversary of Someone Behind You.  Huh.  Yay?

Well, that was a weird series of tangents, so I think I'm done for now.  Sorry for being so strange :)

ecs707a

said: Castella quest update!  I know probably no one cares but me, but I finally got it!  Yay...

Now, if only there were subs, haha.  I know that's probably never going to happen.  (But the

script

is actually still up on the official site from however many years ago, which I thought was interesting...not terribly helpful, but interesting.)

@na71, if you want more "Korean practice", you can read the Love Hunt script too :)
I also watched that one without subs, but somehow, it doesn't really need them as much.  But Castella is totally weird.  (I like it.)  And I just realized yesterday that the same person directed both Castella and The Scary One, The Ghost, and I.  I already knew that that was the guy that directed White Christmas, Equator Man, and Sword and Flower because I remember looking up the director after I watched The Scary One, The Ghost, and I.  But I never made the Castella connection.  Probably because it's not listed on any of his English-language profiles.  (But it's on his daum profile, and obviously he's listed as director here.)  And now that I know he directed Castella, it really explains a lot, haha.  I think you'll know what I mean if you've seen his dramas before.  He definitely has a distinct directorial style, to say the least.

So anyway!  I thought it was interesting that he's got two directors that he's worked with more than once.  (Are there others that I've totally missed all this time too?)

Yes, two years is too long.  We still haven't seen Mad Sad Bad though, and I haven't seen any news of DVD release (or anything else...), but maybe it'll happen soon and then we'll have new stuff to talk about.  Also, no real Made in China news, but I saw some articles about Han Chae Ah a few days ago (like this one) that said something about it being released in the second half of 2014.  Which made me laugh, because duh.  It's already the second half of 2014.  But if that's true, we ought to be hearing something about that soon too.

Chuno-era TVian interview, March 31, 2010:

uM2bf6yG208t634056468878292848_zps88d90c

hbyYZEAAcAnl634056472381618940_zps68c0e5

W2i57gDIe48G634056491806278008_zps8705a2

BDc6okhc8iP4634056477558872708_zps0418df

eqQYSIgBgSso634056473028417480_zps59d301

Video interview:

Original video source, photos, and the rest of the interview (text) are here: 1 2

Video found on daum.

(Is it crazy that I want to edit together hours and hours of him talking?  I love his voice.  I don't think I've ever said that before. :)  He needs to narrate something, or do radio, or something like that.  So needless to say, I like this interview.  There aren't that many solo video interviews of him out there.)

Speaking of radio, what I said before inspired me to dig up some radio appearances and fall into a PKW voice-induced state of bliss.  Aahhh.  I don't think audio of this was ever posted, but there are photos here.  Aw.  This was right after the 2012 KBS Drama Awards, and where he disappeared to in the second half of the broadcast of the award ceremony.

Audio (right click, save as; or just open and listen): Blue Night, December 31, 2012

(His part starts about 6 minutes in, and goes to about the hour mark.)

He guested again on the same show August 26, 2013.  Here are a couple of clips:

credit: bluenight mbc

And the audio: Blue Night, August 26, 2013

(His part is from about 5 minutes until 47 minutes.)

@ecs707a I thought the same about him hosting a radio show... I want it! I love his voice and he speaks in a really good speed to understand.... with that lovely and manly voice. I have his 2 interviews from  컬투쇼 (cultwoshow) on my mp3 and I practice my listening skills with him...If he host a radio show in the future... I'll be a really good student hahaha and I'll practice "listening" every day!

If he ever did host a radio show, I might never get anything productive done again.  But I'm willing to take that risk!

Speaking of Cultwo show...I almost forgot about the time when he went with Hye Bin to promote the Moses Miracle project.  So thanks for reminding me to find that one too, @na71! 

Audio: Cultwo show, March 14, 2014 (his part is from about 6 minutes or so until about 17 minutes (and why is the opening song "Baby Got Back"?  Ha.))

This was in episode 19, which aired a few days later.  I posted the clip of him singing with the screencaps for that episode, but here's the longer version.

credit: SBSNOW

Photos from all 3 Cultwo show guest appearances (just because):

Biqk7dHCIAAOqlLjpgcultwoshowtwitter3-13-

BNAlgrrCQAAEjG1jpgcultwoshow6-17-13_zpsc

Photo credit for the above: Cultwo show twitter (1 2)

5-28-13cultwo_zpsc6b7c516.jpg~original

Source; more photos from May 28 are there too...

One year ago today:
p19-6-13_zps1ebade68.jpg~original
Beating Hearts pilot part 1, September 6, 2013

Two years ago today:
289-6-12_zps06c61b5d.jpg~original
Gaksital episode 28 (final episode), September 6, 2012
Oh, Shunji.  Two years later and you still break my heart.

On another note, I'm in the middle of Art of Fighting.  And then I'm out of movies, except A Ghost Story (can't seem to find that, and not sure it's worth the effort anyway), and the two I'm ever so (im)patiently waiting for.

Just realized that I never posted these here, only in the show's thread...
Old Beating Hearts random photos (the first 4 are Busan (pilot and first 4 episodes), and the last was Suwon (ep. 8)).
130816-1_zps40b435a7.jpg~original
source

130819a-1_zps91fdb3c6.jpg~original
source (also JHB twitter, so maybe it's from there originally?)

130901a_zpsa3b69c87.jpg~original
source

130901b_zps994bd069.jpg~original
source
(The spoon.  Ha.)
And why did we never get to see any of this surf rescue training?  This is from when they were in Busan the first time.  They had 6 episodes to show us this!

One more:
131019_zps9fedb4c4.jpg~original
source: I think this is one of the photos they used when they were trying to find someone to adopt the kitten (episode 8; see below); found here

Spoiler

I think someone must have saved this from their listing.  Episode 8 screencap:
kittene08photos_zpsf2037df4.jpg~original
Top left.  Thanks, whoever saved this for posterity!  It's a cute one.

Another radio program:photo simsim79130925063417sstp0_zpsed16c375.jpg 
박기웅 (Park Ki Woong) en 심심타파 (SimSimtapa) as a special DJ on 2013 09 24 Park Ki woong come back to SimSimtapa but this time as a DJ (replacing Shindong). The guests were actor 홍승진 (Seungjin) and Eco Bridge.  Radio audio file
And 2 short videos: Naver blog MBC radio I didn't found yet the whole video.
More photos

No, @mbebzz, you are not wrong. :)

He is indeed UTW's younger brother in Never Ending Story.  Which reminds me that I should watch that again sometime!  It's a good movie.
20110919_1316424619_10726100_1_zpse6bf2f
3375fa5b12fb319bb2bd1747c2a17f99_zps3c92
(These were maybe from UTW's twitter originally, but I think I found them here.  Heh, the second one is the one that they talked about on their episode of Happy Together.)

Also, that reminds me of this video, which is really more about UTW than PKW, but it's pretty funny.  It's this weird segment where they go around and interview UTW's co-stars and other people.  It aired just before Never Ending Story was released.

credit: lodong1
(Watch from about 1 minute in until about 2:45.)

Late 2011/early 2012 must have been such a weird time for him.  The Musical didn't air until the end of 2011, even though they were done with it a while before that, right?  And then filming FH2 and promoting Never Ending Story at the same time, just a couple of months before Gaksital.  So he had the blond Kang Hwi hair for both the Gaksital script reading and Never Ending Story promotions.

From the Never Ending Story VIP premiere, January 9, 2012:
20120109_1326109871_33214900_1_zps6e5d14
20120109204715237_zpsc804a04e.jpg~origin

One last thing to add to the radio theme of late!
I think the full audio was never posted (only video) from his SSTP guesting so here's the audio: SimSimTaPa, August 6, 2013
A photo from that day:
simsim79130807051130sstp0_zps9db9c86a.jp
From official site; more photos there too...

ecs707a said: Speaking of Gaksital, I've been organizing my BTS video collection (slooowly; this is a long-term project, haha), and there are a few that I remember seeing, but I can't find them anywhere now.  Maybe someone can help me find some of them?  They were #40, 44, and 65 as originally posted on the official site.  So many of them have disappeared from youtube, they've been gone from the official site for a long time, and they didn't even include them in the DVD special features (I know; I have it).  But they must still be out there somewhere, right?

Quoting myself to say: yes, they are still out there!  Thanks to Baidu Joo Won Bar's youku channel, I found all three, and even a couple more I had forgotten about.

So here's the first, #40, now back on youtube (and hopefully it'll stay there):

I love this one so very much.  That laugh!  And who knew kicking a sword would be so complicated?

na71 said: 박기웅 (Park Ki Woong) en 심심타파 (SimSimtapa) as a special DJ on 2013 09 24 

And 2 short videos: Naver blog 

Oh dear lord.  I just finally watched all the way to the end of that naver video.  I'd never seen that one before.  There should be a warning label: "May cause death by cuteness overload".  What was that freakout about?  Hahaha.  Thanks for finding that, @na71.

Now, where is the full video?  Now I want that too.  Hmph.

ecs707a

said: Oh dear lord.  I just finally watched all the way to the end of that naver video.  I'd never seen that one before.  There should be a warning label: "May cause death by cuteness overload".  What was that freakout about?  Hahaha.  Thanks for finding that, @na71.

Now, where is the full video?  Now I want that too.  Hmph.

Aw, not a sappy romantic, huh?  (That's okay; I'm not either, hahaha.)

Actually, it surprises me a little that he's so revolted, lol.  This coming from the man who said that he just wanted to breathe the same air as his ex so he would feel closer to her.  I thought that was pretty painfully honest and also romantic in its own way.  A little poetic even!  It also could easily have come off as a little stalkery, but he managed to make it sweet somehow.

ecs707a said: Aw, not a sappy romantic, huh?  (That's okay; I'm not either, hahaha.)

Actually, it surprises me a little that he's so revolted, lol.  This coming from the man who said that he just wanted to breathe the same air as his ex so he would feel closer to her.  I thought that was pretty painfully honest and also romantic in its own way.  A little poetic even!  It also could easily have come off as a little stalkery, but he managed to make it sweet somehow.

Only 500 days left!  Sigh.

Oh well.  Gaksital BTS 44 will cheer us up, right?  4 1/2 minutes of Shunji beating that other guy senseless? 

But he's so cute and apologetic in this video.  He really doesn't seem the type to get angry in real life (not that most sane people ever get angry like Shunji anyway...), so I can imagine that it would have been totally draining to have to do that.  Physically and otherwise.

This scene also gave us one of my favorite stills:

real13_20e_zps8a6f2330.jpg~original

So cute.  And bloody.  And crazy. :D

Haha, I never noticed that "Kang-ji couple" thing before...is that what I should have been calling them all this time?
pkw-jwww1_zps919e5faf.jpg~original
Ha.

Archived