[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest The Conductor

I finally finished watching the first ep with sub, and I have to say this drama can become what Korea secret agency in a way failed to become.

first I like the way it started with the first 30 minutes with nontstop suspense combine with some quality action scenes. The pilot did its job by laying the foundation for the rest of the story. It had all the ingredients of a great espionage drama, with the main character's lost of his friend during mission and the main female who was hired by the people who like to be the antagonist, this can become one twisted mess. I can't wait to see more. So far it has been a very intense ride with practically very little humor to ease the tension, well I will have to wach more before I comment on that.

In the Romance department of the drama, although I have to admit that the leads look very good together but the chemistry isn't quite there yet, well at least not in the first ep. I foresee a more mature romance development between these two. Where both of them know what they want and don't start to play unnecessary childish mind games on each other. That scene where LJJ grabbed CJw hand ala kdrama , you could feel sparkles flying in thee room for a minute , plus the awkward moment they had while waiting in the room was kinda funny as well. Though for those who are hopeless romantic don't expect too many kiss scenes during an espionage missions, I still hope that the romance on this one is better than those that were in Korea Secret agency.

As far as the second leads go , I didn't get anything from them from this first ep on where they stand, though I expect to see more serious involvement from them in the second ep.

That was a thrilling debut for Air city I expect the things to get much much better in later episodes, in all I gave the pilot a 7/10

Preview for episode 5 & 6...

주말특별기획「에어시티」5회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 02일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

북한 고위층 딸이 불법 입국해 공항 내 화장실에서 자살시도를 시도하자 재무(장용)는 사고 난 지역을 특별보안구역으로 지정한다. 공항운영본부팀은 일체 접근을 차단하는 국정원과의 묘한 대립을 이루며 정보를 캐내기 위해 신경전을 펼친다.

명우(문정희)는 신분차이 때문에 탈북을 감행한 남자를 만나러 불법 입국한 혜련의 가슴 아픈 사연을 접하고 지성(이정재)에게 둘의 만남이 이어질 수 있게 도와달라고 한다. 하지만, 지성은 냉랭한 태도로 일관하며 명우의 부탁을 거절한다.

한편, 운영본부 일각에서 이경(이다희)을 발견한 도경(최지우)은 순간 얼어버리고, 이경은 그대로 돌아서 가버린다. 이경을 찾아 여기저기 찾아다니는 도경. 이경은 그런 도경을 숨어서 바라보는데...

주말특별기획「에어시티」6회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 03일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

새 들로 인해 제 2활주로를 폐쇄한 공항운영본부는 연휴가 다가오기 전에 대책을 세우기 위해 분주하게 움직인다. 검역회의 때문에 회의실에 모인 지성(이정재)과 명우(문정희). 때 마침 회의실로 들어오려던 도경(최지우)은 뒤에서 둘의 모습을 씁쓸하게 보다가 결국 회의에 참석하지 않는다.

한편, 무거운 짐을 이끌고 버스정류장에 서 있는 명우를 발견한 도경은 그냥 지나치지 못하고, 명우를 자신의 집에 하룻밤 머물게 한다. 같은 날 밤, 북한 학술 조사단원들에게 힌트를 얻어 디자이너를 동원해 활주로 바닥에 큰 새를 그리고 있는 도경. 이런 도경을 발견한 지성은 도와주려고 하지만, 도경은 필요 없다며 자신의 집주소가 적혀있는 쪽지를 건네주고는 명우한테 가보라고 하는데...

Oh...I'll be out of town for the weekend...hopefully someone can help post the pictures this week. I'll be back next week. :)

Guest bwitched

thanks everyone for every contribution to make this thread alive...

I'm only up to eps 2 of the series, I'm following the drama with the english subs. Thank you WITH S2

I can't seem to get enough of the drama. It's sooo good...I never really like CJW, but I'm beginning to fall in love with her. And with LJJ they make a very powerful couple!!!...

so I did a little something..I'm not a pro with PS. But I simply wanna contribute something to the couple...a wallie

wallie.jpg

Guest ripgal

Thank you for the goodies ppl. I'm in a frenzy LJJ mode now that I'm trying to get just anything with him inside.(I'm going to download Feelings soon, thanx to WITHS2 and javabeans.:))

And siannkkkyuuu so much for the LJW/CJW punching clip. I'm downloading the clip now. Reading your comments just made me giggle and laugh..I'm truly surprised that CJW's actually a playful person. I'm kinda seeing her in a different light now.. Because of her cheerful and bubbly character. :lol:

hi ripgal, it's my first post here...i stalk this thread, mainly because of LJJ but I almost never post in drama threads. i couldn't resist this time cuz i'm spazzing over him so much and i can't help but agree with what you just said. i've also watched ep 4 countless times, mainly just replaying the sexy KJS scenes LOLz. to your observations i'd just like to add two other of my own: one, that scene where Charlie had rammed the getaway car (digressing...sorry, i know Charlie has fans here but i find him disgusting, especially the hairy chest) with a shaken HDK inside. KJS's first instinct, even in his dogged determination to catch Charlie, was to rush over to check if HDK was OK. that, to me is the mark of a true gentleman, and so made me gush! :blush:

two, i love the way KJS's hangdog expression (oh! those moist puppydog eyes!) suddenly transforms into a full grin that lights up his whole face, i.e. when HDK tried to act cool after agreeing to lunch with him but walked the wrong way, and when the cart ahjusshi started hitting his niece in front of him "the morning after". i've loved LJJ since Il Mare and An Affair and i swear, he's one of the most effortless actors around with the innate ability to speak volumes with his eyes. and don't even get me started on that deep sexy voice....

oh yeah, i also hope we'll get to see KJS riding that hot (or is it "cool"?) bike of his, preferably in a worn leather jacket! ;)

sigh, it's sheer torture to have to wait till next week for the new episodes....

Loved your description about KJS. And I've replayed several scenes just to catch LJJ on screen. The fever has really HIT me HARD I tell you. It's not just about watching a HOT guy on screen, but actually appreciating his character/role execution in the drama. And you're so right about LJJ being able to convey just about any emotion without having to try. This guy can just act with his eyes. A simple gaze from him can kill and charm you. One last thing about him, his smiles. They're just priceless man. Recalling the scene of the trolley ahjusshi hitting hi niece, JS's smile was just :wub: :wub:.

Please please post more about LJJ here. This thread has more CJW fans ranting about how good she is in the drama (and I totally agree too). I'd love to read more about LJJ's portrayal of KJS or even LJW's character Ha Joon. BUT as for me, I'm actually stuck with the main leads.. hahhaa..:lol: So anybody can expect me to rant on continuously about KJS and HDG...:wub:

thanks everyone for every contribution to make this thread alive...

I'm only up to eps 2 of the series, I'm following the drama with the english subs. Thank you WITH S2

I can't seem to get enough of the drama. It's sooo good...I never really like CJW, but I'm beginning to fall in love with her. And with LJJ they make a very powerful couple!!!...

so I did a little something..I'm not a pro with PS. But I simply wanna contribute something to the couple...a wallie

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/bwitched18/wallie.jpg

Nice to see you here bwitched chingu and glad you are addicted to this drama! Yup, the couple is already exuding breathtaking chemistry. Thanks a lot for the nice wallie, well done. :D

Guest starryblu

Why is CJW's character taking medication? My Korean is not too good.

So far in episode 3, they have shown LJW (childhood friend) knowing she takes medication and MJH (ex girlfriend) the doctor also. Is this part of CJW's character plot so that what seemed as a minor health issue is actually a symptom or something that later develops into a fatal illness?

I hope the heroine doesn't die. I hope there is a happy ending.

Guest ripgal

Why is CJW's character taking medication? My Korean is not too good.

So far in episode 3, they have shown LJW (childhood friend) knowing she takes medication and MJH (ex girlfriend) the doctor also. Is this part of CJW's character plot so that what seemed as a minor health issue is actually a symptom or something that later develops into a fatal illness?

I hope the heroine doesn't die. I hope there is a happy ending.

I don't think it's serious on HDG's part. She's just taking medication due to slight migraine problems.

And I certainly don't think anyone would die in the drama. :ph34r:

Some AC banners from lovekoreastar

ac1gt4.jpg

ac2xo1.jpg

ac3ox8.jpg

ac4oa9.jpg

credits: lovekoreastar

Guest simply_dream

ahh just watched 3,4!!! and i must say... like i did before, i want more!!! i havent seen much dramas on supposedly korea's secret agency, and it seems like that though almost most of the drama that i watch, it gives me to idea that korean police are useless XP well this drama SORTA made me change that, add spice to stuff =) which i like

what a cliffhanger they left at the part where the DATE failed... i was like DARN so close, but poor LJW, i wonder if he is going to develop a relationship with that NIS girl whom he asked to help to find yi kyung... talking about yi kyung does anyone have her ringtone song?!?!?! it's not exactly her ringtone, like the calling waiting dial song?!?!?!? IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD! but, i am not sure if it's on the ost, so i thought it'd ask

so... does anyone have the yi kyung cell phone song????

Guest apple red

Okay, let me see if I can be of help regarding Do-Gyung (CJW) popping alot of pills at work.... :unsure:

For those of you who watched, Ep. 4, Dr. Suh (Ji-Sung's ex. GF) treated Do-Gyung's wrist from a cut she got from the villain "Charlie" scene....

DG wanted to get refill of her medications by Dr. Suh, and Dr. Suh was very surprised why DG was taking all those medicines. Among them were drug for her bad & frequent (?) headaches, possibly migrane type?, and the other I remember DG mentioned was for insomnia....sleeping pills!

I think DG character is somewhat sensitive and maybe her sad childhood and the guilt she felt over abandoning her younger sister, Yi-Gyung bothers her so much that she needs to take those pills, not to mention alot of stress at work as a general manager at the airport, we can all imagine even in reality.

About the VOD "JiWoo-Punching-JinWook"...........

I watched this new one and I got to understand better now. JiWoo was fooling or joking around, her running to LJJ /Ji-Sung was not part of the script, rehearsal scene!! B'cos the caption on the VOD said "Rascal & Playful JiWoo !

She was suppopsed to be met by LJW /Ha-Joon who was so happy to see her and running to hug her, but after many rehearsal of punching LJW on the stomach, she ran to LJJ/Ji-Sung to hug him instead...

Now, we can guess maybe she felt sorry to keep punching LJW, who was already injured from the fighting scene previously, so she out of goodness of her heart, avoided doing it over again and ran to LJJ?????

Or she just felt like being playful and fool around by doing that out of spontaneity and of course to tease two hunks at the same time.....thus the PD Yim Tae-Woo said "Drama Ending!~" and also causing the everyone to laugh at her cute & funny act!??? :rolleyes:

We will have to watch more to find out...hehe.. :lol:

Thanks Rosepetal

i can relieved now. I know there's a chance for her to suffered insomnia due her memory to left her sister. And perhaps headaches. I really hope this drama is not a melodramatyc cliche.

Once more thank you for yr explanation regarding the vod. I thought the bonus hug to LJJ was just joking by seeing the look of LJJ (who was surprised and happy :rolleyes: ) and LJW who was suprised and funny :lol:

Guest apple red

Thank you for the goodies ppl. I'm in a frenzy LJJ mode now that I'm trying to get just anything with him inside.(I'm going to download Feelings soon, thanx to WITHS2 and javabeans.:))

And siannkkkyuuu so much for the LJW/CJW punching clip. I'm downloading the clip now. Reading your comments just made me giggle and laugh..I'm truly surprised that CJW's actually a playful person. I'm kinda seeing her in a different light now.. Because of her cheerful and bubbly character. :lol:

Loved your description about KJS. And I've replayed several scenes just to catch LJJ on screen. The fever has really HIT me HARD I tell you. It's not just about watching a HOT guy on screen, but actually appreciating his character/role execution in the drama. And you're so right about LJJ being able to convey just about any emotion without having to try. This guy can just act with his eyes. A simple gaze from him can kill and charm you. One last thing about him, his smiles. They're just priceless man. Recalling the scene of the trolley ahjusshi hitting hi niece, JS's smile was just :wub: :wub:.

Please please post more about LJJ here. This thread has more CJW fans ranting about how good she is in the drama (and I totally agree too). I'd love to read more about LJJ's portrayal of KJS or even LJW's character Ha Joon. BUT as for me, I'm actually stuck with the main leads.. hahhaa..:lol: So anybody can expect me to rant on continuously about KJS and HDG...:wub:

Hahahaha Ripgal

I dont think this thread full with CJW fans only, but most of Jiwoo fans are now united as "KJS-HDK" shipper. As LJJ had not made any drama for 9 years, iam very glad that Jiwoo lucky enough to be his first drama costar after 9 years (i remember there's at least 3 drama put LJJ's name as the male lead, but he rejected them all)

For me, he's not the most handsome K-actor (you can mentions JDG or JWS in this catagory) but he's one of few actor who's acting capability only show without trying so hard by his gaze only. I only can mentions LBH's name in this catagory so far. And as iam a big fans of LBH, iam gladly to put LJJ by his side as my favourit. Though i already watch Typhoon and Il Mare, but since lack of romantic scene on both movies, i cant continue the liking very much. But in this drama, one gaze to HDK is just like :phew:

Preview for episode 5 & 6...

주말특별기획「에어시티」5회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 02일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

북한 고위층 딸이 불법 입국해 공항 내 화장실에서 자살시도를 시도하자 재무(장용)는 사고 난 지역을 특별보안구역으로 지정한다. 공항운영본부팀은 일체 접근을 차단하는 국정원과의 묘한 대립을 이루며 정보를 캐내기 위해 신경전을 펼친다.

명우(문정희)는 신분차이 때문에 탈북을 감행한 남자를 만나러 불법 입국한 혜련의 가슴 아픈 사연을 접하고 지성(이정재)에게 둘의 만남이 이어질 수 있게 도와달라고 한다. 하지만, 지성은 냉랭한 태도로 일관하며 명우의 부탁을 거절한다.

한편, 운영본부 일각에서 이경(이다희)을 발견한 도경(최지우)은 순간 얼어버리고, 이경은 그대로 돌아서 가버린다. 이경을 찾아 여기저기 찾아다니는 도경. 이경은 그런 도경을 숨어서 바라보는데...

주말특별기획「에어시티」6회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 03일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

새 들로 인해 제 2활주로를 폐쇄한 공항운영본부는 연휴가 다가오기 전에 대책을 세우기 위해 분주하게 움직인다. 검역회의 때문에 회의실에 모인 지성(이정재)과 명우(문정희). 때 마침 회의실로 들어오려던 도경(최지우)은 뒤에서 둘의 모습을 씁쓸하게 보다가 결국 회의에 참석하지 않는다.

한편, 무거운 짐을 이끌고 버스정류장에 서 있는 명우를 발견한 도경은 그냥 지나치지 못하고, 명우를 자신의 집에 하룻밤 머물게 한다. 같은 날 밤, 북한 학술 조사단원들에게 힌트를 얻어 디자이너를 동원해 활주로 바닥에 큰 새를 그리고 있는 도경. 이런 도경을 발견한 지성은 도와주려고 하지만, 도경은 필요 없다며 자신의 집주소가 적혀있는 쪽지를 건네주고는 명우한테 가보라고 하는데...

Oh...I'll be out of town for the weekend...hopefully someone can help post the pictures this week. I'll be back next week. :)

needed Rosepetal or Javabeans to help us translate above

one words for you guys (javabeasn, Rosepetal and Luv) thank you very much, kamsahamida :w00t:

^ apple red, which dramas that LJJ rejected prior to Air City? hehe.. I'm just curious..

talking about yi kyung does anyone have her ringtone song?!?!?! it's not exactly her ringtone, like the calling waiting dial song?!?!?!? IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD! but, i am not sure if it's on the ost, so i thought it'd ask

so... does anyone have the yi kyung cell phone song????

It's in the OST :)

it's called "Learning to fly" track #3

thanks ripgal for posting those banners from lovekoreastar :)

love them all especially the first one.. hehee from ep 4 ^_^

i love it when JS puts his cellphone on his left ear like that... hehehe :blush: now now, everything he does is amusing :lol:

thanks ellabel for the explanation about the shoes!!!

i hope i can watch the AC as well

so that i can share also my enthusiasm about the series..

thanks for the pix you upload guys.......

^ apple red, which dramas that LJJ rejected prior to Air City? hehe.. I'm just curious..

Shenny, I think Apple Red is referring to Cain and Abel. The drama was originally offered to both Lee Jung-Jae and Choi Ji-Woo but they declined. They are destined to be together......AC! :D

Guest luvmygirl

i've just finish ep 1 in youtube. it's more amazing than i thought, like someone said in this topic, this drama likes movies and it is different from the others, it is fresh and attractive.

Choi Ji Woo is so elegant, I like her with curly hair and awesome golden earings.....beautiful ..... ^^

Hope rating is higher and higher , it is deserved.

Guest apple red

apple red, which dramas that LJJ rejected prior to Air City? hehe.. I'm just curious..

Shenny, I think Apple Red is referring to Cain and Abel. The drama was originally offered to both Lee Jung-Jae and Choi Ji-Woo but they declined. They are destined to be together......AC! :D

beside Cain and Abel and the one i cant remember the title ( i mentioned to Ay-link on the pm), there's also one drama i found on LJJ's thread (now i remember read it back then :w00t: ..my memory needs some repairement..lol), that's Full House. Originaly Bi's role given to LJJ or LBH, but both declined the drama since the character seems to be..well you know, a bit childish.Bi is perfectly fit with the role :D

apple red, which dramas that LJJ rejected prior to Air City? hehe.. I'm just curious..

beside Cain and Abel and the one i cant remember the title ( i mentioned to Ay-link on the pm), there's also one drama i found on LJJ's thread (now i remember read it back then :w00t: ..my memory needs some repairement..lol), that's Full House. Originaly Bi's role given to LJJ or LBH, but both declined the drama since the character seems to be..well you know, a bit childish.Bi is perfectly fit with the role :D

^apple-sis, just want to clarify that LBH was never offered any role in Full House (All In was his last) :mellow: ... it was mainly for LJJ to pair with SHK based on their chemistry doing CFs together.

Nonetheless, for whatever reason he turned down the role... very glad that LJJ didn't take on the series.

Archived