[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

And though i dont hate dr.SMW ( honestly i understand her reason to leave him), i think her role are stereotype one. SIck, beg to come back, "iam the victim in this case and so on"...

I think i agree with ay_link on this one. SMW herself are doctor (so was JRW's role :rolleyes: ..i mean she's doctor wannabe), so both are now what will coming. And they surely knew what the affect to their loved ones leaving like that. Both are now what to expect...

I also agree with ay_link about SMW. I think she shouldn't decide what the best way of them by herself. Love is being together of 2 people in every step of happiness and sadness. I don't think it's fair for KJS to be with her after she'd left him for 3 years without telling anything! It's enough for him to give her forgiveness but not love. Past is the past as well.

Dear The conductor..

I'd recommend more Jiwoo drama but it's Japanese drama. It named "RONDO"...it's her latest drama just shown last year 2006. It's good drama with twisted plots, story of mafia and police and love between Japanese guy and Korean gal...

Guest The Conductor

Dear The conductor..

I'd recommend more Jiwoo drama but it's Japanese drama. It named "RONDO"...it's her latest drama just shown last year 2006. It's good drama with twisted plots, story of mafia and police and love between Japanese guy and Korean gal...

Thank you very much for your suggestion since I am a Jdrama fan as well I am definitely going to watch it.

vThankfully, she took RONDO (Fivemagic, you forgot mention Rondo :rolleyes: ) as her turn. You should watch RONDO. Yutaka did very excelent Job here. Though there's very minor romance scene on this drama (this drama is action genre, almost the same genre with AIRCITY), you could sense the chemistry between them. And CJW as a hacker here, acted out of her comfort zone. She looks alike Han Do kyung in AC, though Choi Yuna (Jiwoo's role on RONDO) doesnt like to flirt. But Yuna was as mysterius as HDK...

I have heard about this drama but never really wanted to watch maybe I will check it out later.

Well so far in Air city her charisma and charm has definitely captivate me, she is wonder to look at, I think given the right director and scripts CJW she will become the show stopper.

Guest apple red

I watch the "failed date" scene over and over. It was so funny, and let me say that i am pity KJS rather than HDG (though iam sure she really want this date a lot too, prepare her make up etc..lol). I notice KJS's phone rang up first, but he hesitate to take it (probably he's really on the mood to the date already, or he's affraid that it was SMW rang him). But later HDG's phone also rang, and she without hesitantly received it. Both are steal a glance what / who's the other part talking about or talking to.

And HDG bowed first and run to the job leaving KJS who looks disappointed (honestly, his eyes looks so desperate to me...but it's me only probably hehe) but couldnt comlains..lol

Guest andrewujin

someone pls help me with the instrumental music (see my post on previous page)

thanks and here is the banners that i made...

3333-1.jpg

^ size is less than 40kb suit for soompi's sig

33d.jpg

^higher quality

what's the title of the instrumental song (piano) which played in the background as choi ji woo was sharing about what happen to her sister with kang ha joon in episode 4 (after they drink and they sat down).. not the ringtone... the instrumental music...the same music that was in the background when she called her sister and her sister answered but HDG didn't say anything ... and also, the instrumental music that played in episode 1 when kang ha joon went to change the track lights....

andrewujin...

I read your question yesterday, and went to search for the instrumental piano song in AC soundtrack, but the song is not there. Perhaps we'll have 2nd OST later on? hehe who knows. But so far, I've searched all the songs in the OST, and it's not there.

It's just a very short instrumental song with couple of chords.. so perhaps it's just an insert song? hehe...

I like the song too though.. too bad they didn't include it in the OST. They include almost everything in there, minus this one ^^;

Only a few more hours till AC 5... yayy! ^^

oh btw, didn't anyone think that those 'supposedly' chinese men (the 3 guys that DK & JS were spying on-- ep1), they really don't sound like Chinese? I mean.. I don't know any Chinese, but from the way they speak the language, they sounded like Koreans who supposed to talk in Chinese... hehehe... :D

Guest acemaverick

i took siggys from Suz07 and Luv

and

from lovekoreastar

and

andrewujin

thank you!

oh mmh, i mus help push LJW popularity. he looks to be totally left out here.

i like his expression when HDG says she like the glaze of KSJ(LJJ) he was trying so hard to look the same! :lol:

Guest secretz

currently watching this drama and i love it :) the cast is hotttt :) and the script is so wicked...i never get tired of watching cho ji woo and Lee Jung Jae XD

Guest andrewujin

andrewujin...

I read your question yesterday, and went to search for the instrumental piano song in AC soundtrack, but the song is not there. Perhaps we'll have 2nd OST later on? hehe who knows. But so far, I've searched all the songs in the OST, and it's not there.

It's just a very short instrumental song with couple of chords.. so perhaps it's just an insert song? hehe...

I like the song too though.. too bad they didn't include it in the OST. They include almost everything in there, minus this one ^^;

thanks so much... there's like a lot of nice instrumental songs but its not in there.. is it possible to look at the official imbc site if they have write like what songs they use for the episodes...

Guest hanihash

I have heard about this drama but never really wanted to watch maybe I will check it out later. Well so far in Air city her charisma and charm has definitely captivate me, she is wonder to look at, I think given the right director and scripts CJW she will become the show stopper.

Hi The Conductor,! Noticed you changed your avatar and banner. Whoa, what a change!

I certainly join wrblee in recommending that those sceptics who haven't seen Rondo to give that Japanese-Korean joint production a chance. Just by watching you will realise why many Jiwoo fans are excited to see her in AirCity. I for one loved her role in Rondo so much that I had hoped she would play more such roles. And indeed she is doing it, in AirCity. Way to go Jiwoo! Rondo caught me by surprise with amazingly unforeseen twist in the plot, when Yuna, Jiwoo's character made an about turn from a "goody" image to that of a computer hacker par excellence for the bad guys. She blew me away with that. I won't spoil the story for you, cos you have to see it yourself.

It was also in Rondo that Jiwoo was given an unbelievable wardrobe. She was gorgeous in there. The look on Yutaka's face when they first met at the airport on her arrival in Japan for the shooting was just kawai. He had waited for her with bouquet in hand to give her a surprise. She wasn't expecting him to be there to greet her. The man was mesmerized by her beauty. You know, Yutaka is not known to smile or show much of his personal side in public, but the look he had at that moment when he walked on stage to present her with the bouquet at the press conference had eveyone thrilled to bits. It was priceless!

Don't believe all the rumors and bad press about Jiwoo and the ratings, coz that drama marked the turn of Jiwoo's career. Although I am a diehard fan who loves all her dramas, I urge you to give Rondo a try. The Japanese have a real edgy way of making dramas, especially the police versus yakuza type dramas. It had both stars going from Japan to Korea and vice versa. Although the scriptwriters wove in some pretty heavy messages about the destructive forces of hate, revenge and unforgiveness, the love story angle is just icing on an already delicious cake, if you know what I mean. I am predicting you'll be surprised.

Those who have seen her in action in Rondo, find AirCity is just a step up a very succesful career for Jiwoo. This time, she is playing one real hot babe type character right from the start. Of course I expect tears when it involves Jiwoo, after all who can do those type of scenes better then her, you gotta admit. But I'm praying hard no wailing scenes please, please! There are parallels in AirCity and Rondo, like KJS and Takumi both avenging the deaths of their loved ones, KJS his friend and Takumi his dad. Both men find it hard to love, Takumi because he has been so caught up in his hatred and vow to avenge his father's death. KJS, I am guessing is because of the crushing bitterness of betrayal of trust by his first love that broke his heart beyond repair. Just when HDG is reviving his interest in love........I can hardly wait to see what happens next

I read in Truly Jiwoo that the cast and crew are working really hard to get AirCity ratings up to 15 per cent. With the mind-blowing episodes we've seen so far, I am keeping my fingers crossed or knocking on wood or whatever it takes, short of moving to Korea and switching on all the TVs in the country to the MBC channel when AirCity is on.

But the surprise for me is discovering Lee Jung Jae. Judging from the growing number of Jiwoo fans who have embraced him as her current leading, this guy is gonna make it big. He really carries himself like the mega-blockbuster movie star that he is. Professional to core! But when he is with Jiwoo, it's pure magic!!! Hoping to see more of this, the most fantastic drama ever produced in Korea (I am echoing Felicia on this).

There is a line that I read in one of Rosie's posting in TrulyJiwoo that really says all about the characters of KJS and HDG. That

The woman is certainly satisfied with present and a man seems to be caught too much in the past.
. Now, at which point will HDG confront and deal with her past instead of running way from it? As for KJS, can he move on into a future with HDG if he cannot yet overcome his past. The preview of Episode 5 has already got me exicted. Have fun watching guys!

Guest Rosepetal

AIR CITY - Preview Summary for Episode 5

MBC Weekend Special Project Drama

June 2, 2007 Saturday, 9:40 - 10:50 P.M.

When the daughter of North Korean high rank elite attempts to commit suicide inside a restroom in the Inchon International Airport, Jae-Moo, the Bureau Chief, (Jang Yong) declares and assigns the crime scene area as the high security area. Thus, the tension grows worse between the airport operations team and the NIS agents team who forbids anyone from approaching or crossing the boundaries and the airport operations team tries to find the cause of the alleged crime on their own and creates confrontational atmosphere.

Dr. Suh Myoung-Woo (Moon Jung-Hee) pleads with Ji-Sung (Lee Jung-Jae) to help this pathetic woman (Hye-Ryeon) who tried to commit suicide to reunite with her lover who defected from North Korea due to the difference in their social class and Hye-Ryeon entered South Korea by illegal entrance/immigration to find her lover. However, Ji-Sung denies Myoung-Woo's request by acting cold and unsympathetic.

Meanwhile, Do-Gyung (Choi Ji-Woo) discovers Yi-Gyung (Lee Da-Hee), her younger sister in the operations headquarters area, she immediately freezes and stands emotionless by not being able to say anything and Yi-Gyung turns away and leaves Do-Gyung. Then Do-Gyung goes around inside the airport looking for her sister, and Yi-Gyung hides and watches her older sister from a distance.....

Sorry, hope you can all read this before watching direct on-air about a half hour from now....I 've been too busy!~

Please wait for the Episode 6 Preview Summary.... to be followed soon!~ *^_^*

Guest ripgal

oh btw, didn't anyone think that those 'supposedly' chinese men (the 3 guys that DK & JS were spying on-- ep1), they really don't sound like Chinese? I mean.. I don't know any Chinese, but from the way they speak the language, they sounded like Koreans who supposed to talk in Chinese... hehehe... :D

I'm pretty sure the 3 chinese men in the 1st ep are korean men. If I have to pick on AC, the only complaint would be the 3 guys speaking in Chinese. :lol:

Some gifs from our friends of DC Air City Gallery

smile1.gif

credit: dc

So many KJS gifs...thank you so much. :wub:

Guest Rosepetal

AIR CITY - Preview Summary for Episode 6

Sunday, June 3, 2007, 9:40- 10:50 P.M.

The airport operations headquarter shuts down the second (No. 2) airport runway due to the numerous birds flying into it, which can cause "bird strike", (This can cause accidental airplane fire and fatal crash). As a result, the airport operations headquarter staff gets very busy and work on hectic schedule in order to come up with a solution to solve this serious "bird" problem before the approaching of holidays.

Ji-Sung (Lee Jung-Jae) and Myoung-Woo (Moon Jung-Hee) both attend the quality inspection meeting by gathering at the conference room. Coincidentally, Do-Gyung was on her way to attend the meeting by entering the conference room, she witnesses Ji-Sung and Myoung-Woo being together from behind and watches with somewhat bitter feelings and eventually decides not to attend the meeting.

Meanwhile, Do-Gyung (CJW) was driving by and discovers Myoung-Woo (MJH) waiting at the bus stop with her heavy luggage and just cannot pass her by and ignoring her. Do-Gyung then gives Myoung-Woo a ride and allows her to stay over night at her house.

That same night, Do-Gyung get an idea from North Korean artistic technology investigation team and uses that hint by collaborating with a designer in painting a enormous bird (hawk) on the airport runway. (Hypothetically, drawing of this enormous hawk image on the runway is to chase and scare the real birds from flocking into the runway to cause fatal crash & fires)

Ji-Sung tries to offer assistance to Do-Gyung when he finds her engrossed in the painting on the runway project, but Do-Gyung rejects his help and tells him to go see Myoung-Woo by giving him a memo with her home address written on it.........

That's all for now... I cannot watch it on-line, please be understanding even if the translation is not perfect~ *^_^*

As I didn't watch these episodes yet, they are only preview summary, the translation may not be perfect, then, you can wait for Javabean's complete summary after the episodes are broadcasted..... *^_^*

AIR CITY - Preview Summary for Episode 6

Sunday, June 3, 2007, 9:40- 10:50 P.M.

The airport operations headquarter shuts down the second (No. 2) airport runway due to the numerous birds flying into it, which can cause "bird strike", (This can cause accidental airplane fire and fatal crash). As a result, the airport operations headquarter staff gets very busy and work on hectic schedule in order to come up with a solution to solve this serious "bird" problem before the approaching of holidays.

Ji-Sung (Lee Jung-Jae) and Myoung-Woo (Moon Jung-Hee) both attend the quality inspection meeting by gathering at the conference room. Coincidentally, Do-Gyung was on her way to attend the meeting by entering the conference room, she witnesses Ji-Sung and Myoung-Woo being together from behind and watches with somewhat bitter feelings and eventually decides not to attend the meeting.

Meanwhile, Do-Gyung (CJW) was driving by and discovers Myoung-Woo (MJH) waiting at the bus stop with her heavy luggage and just cannot pass her by and ignoring her. Do-Gyung then gives Myoung-Woo a ride and allows her to stay over night at her house.

That same night, Do-Gyung get an idea from North Korean artistic technology investigation team and uses that hint by collaborating with a designer in painting a enormous bird (hawk) on the airport runway. (Hypothetically, drawing of this enormous hawk image on the runway is to chase and scare the real birds from flocking into the runway to cause fatal crash & fires)

Ji-Sung tries to offer assistance to Do-Gyung when he finds her engrossed in the painting on the runway project, but Do-Gyung rejects his help and tells him to go see Myoung-Woo by giving him a memo with her home address written on it.........

That's all for now... I cannot watch it on-line, please be understanding even if the translation is not perfect~ *^_^*

As I didn't watch these episodes yet, they are only preview summary, the translation may not be perfect, then, you can wait for Javabean's complete summary after the episodes are broadcasted..... *^_^*

thank you very much, rosepetal... 'twas very kind of you to provide a translation of the summaries. Just watched episode 5 adn was a bit lost, but your translation helped a lot. :) Seems like HDG is pushing KJS towards the doc... hmmm...

I must say, of all the challenges that HDG is to face as a person in charge of the airport operations, i NEVER expected one of them to be about birds!!! hehe... Shows how ignorant i am with regards to the complexities of an airport. The preview for episode 6 looks really interesting. If I'm not mistaken, HDG's ex is making an appearance and gets her into trouble? He looks vaguely familiar... pretty sure i saw him in one of the behind-the-scenes pics...

Guest xinya24

OMG! Just finished watching AC at TVAns. Can't wait to see episode 6. Looks like DG first love came back and JS saw them embracing in the airport lobby.

Waah! Finally saw the jealous look ok JS. Waah! :w00t:

Guest 7875

Many Thanks Rosepetal for the summary and HYC for ep.6 preview. Can't wait for tomorrow....wow ex-boy friend gonna coz her big trouble ( I guess ). I want to know what happen to JS and DG relationship next.....seem like she will help JS and his ex....ha ha very cool...DG

Archived