[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest jtranla

Air City - Ep4 HQ *SPR Version* (Credit to WithS2 CB)

Part1 (300MB) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUN8GMC5

Part2 (300MB) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFM2K68F

Part3 (100.26MB) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZFWWEJM

Thank you all for the screen caps, translations and summaries. They really help me enjoy and understand the episodes before the subs come out. I really appreciate everyone who has contributed to the enjoyment of Kdrama for those of us who only speaks English.

For the lead actor LJJ - he looked so familiar to me...and finally remember that I first saw him in My Girl (the movie YR saw with the two guys). Even then LJJ just took over the scene the few seconds that he was on. This actor has mucho charisma and screen presence...when my friend and I watched the first episode, we both thought this reminds us of James Bond movie...and funny to see in the later episode that they gave him a nickname "James Bond"...well since I don't understand Korean, but could only understand when they speak English.

Guest ripgal

Arrhhh..so many insightful discussions already and I'm still downloading Ep 3 now. >.<

Anywayz, thank you so much for the updates and esp soonjap, you're heaven sent. Now we know the truth behind YW's departure.. And I do have a feeling it might go a bit the MNIKSS way..:(

I have faith in my fav couple KJS-HDG (as of the moment) tho. ^_^

o/t: hanihash, I noticed that you got Kim Ji Sung's name wrong. You used HJS in your posts..hahaha..just a note. And yes, LJJ is a brilliant actor, I'm trying to look for his previous projects now. :lol:

Guest fivemagic

wrblee, thanks for these AC screen caps...........very much appreciated. Yeah, AC is getting to be very interesting.

javabeans, thanks for episode 4 summaries...........you really outdone yourself........thanks for all the hard work and effort.

Guest hanihash

o/t: hanihash, I noticed that you got Kim Ji Sung's name wrong. You used HJS in your posts..hahaha..just a note. And yes, LJJ is a brilliant actor, I'm trying to look for his previous projects now

[

Thanks ripgal. Kinda got carried away that I didn't notice. So it is KJS and HDK right but I notice some people use HDG. Actually, I am still getting used to their character names. As I can't understand much of what's being said, I tend to go by facial expression and the mood being created by the director. He is good though, the director.

This actor has mucho charisma and screen presence...when my friend and I watched the first episode, we both thought this reminds us of James Bond movie...and funny to see in the later episode that they gave him a nickname "James Bond"...well since I don't understand Korean, but could only understand when they speak English.

Hi jtranda! A lot of us here don't understand Korean either, except for a few words we've picked up from being k-drama addicts I guess. That's why this thread has been so helpful. I am also getting a better appreciation of LJJ as an actor. He is very much an action hero type. As I am not a fan of James Bond movies, I don't care much for war movies or the action movie genre. Having been feeding on romance novels and intelligent type of love stories that really move me to tears and laughter, I have become a k-drama addict! I would suggest you get his movie "Il Mare" to see the romantic side of LJJ. Can't find his k-drama series anyomre because last one he did was nine years ago I believe.

Cheers!

Guest love.

i can't wait for this drama to come out. i haven't seen choi jiwoo

in a WHILE. rofl. i missed her! aja aja fighting AIR CITY!<3

Guest ripgal

I just finished Ep 3 and Ep 4. I really enjoyed the eps, the action packed scenes combined with the interaction between the different airport personnels. And of course, not forgetting the sizzling chemistry between HDG and KSJ. I swear it's long since I've been so into a drama couple, and yes the Air City couple is just getting to me. And man I can't get enough of HDG and KJS despite their lil arguments here and there. It's just like watching Lovers all over again, the chemistry's just SIZZLING. :wub:

Some of you mentioned earlier that HDG might not be interested in KJS yet. I beg to differ. IMO, I think she's already falling for KJS. She even admitted herself that she liked KJS's gaze, and because of his gaze, she let down her guard and helped him in the first place. And it was really cute how Ha Joon tried to tell her that he's not good blah blah..hahha..:lol: He's a cutie and a sweetie. BUT I think HDG's heart has no place for him as yet, she's kinda occupied with Ji Sung and her sister.

As regards to the ex-GF, I thought I'd like her. But she's appeared in a few scenes and has yet to leave a good impression. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's her character. She doesn't seem that NICE as I'd expected her to be. The way she talks is sorta commanding...nah..I don't know what I'm talking about now. I just know I don't like her at the moment. :P

I hate to reiterate, but LEE JEONG JAE is just da bomb man! I never thought I would be so captivated by him. His acting, quoting from javabeans indeed is a cut above the rest. When HDG said, "I love his eyes/gaze." I immediately understood. He's an actor capable of conveying his character thru his eyes. A simple gaze from him can just bring out all his emotions. I nearly teared when he showed HDG the pendant and explained that he's not a patriotistic guy or anything, but just someone who wants to help his friend. That scene was so convincing that even I was touched...let alone our HDG. And some more I can recall the so many scenes of him smiling in Ep 3 and Ep 4. YES, I'm sorta like a fangirl now, going GAGA over some guy I just got to know like a week ago. BUT, you've just gotta admit that LJJ's got a killer charm..

As regards to Choi Ji Woo as HDG, I have to say I'm very impressed. I really like her character HDG. I really like the transformation she's taken..From the vulnerable weak roles in WS/ STH into such a strong and determined character here in Air City. Her solid performance here has indeed a shed a light on her versatility as an actress. To be honest, I've never seen her in any other roles except sadistic ones. So it's definitely something new to me.

Some of the my fav moments in Ep 3 and Ep 4.

-The scene of Ha Joon calling all the colleagues to attend DG's welcome dinner. It was soooo sweet of him..DG was already aware that nobody liked her. But a simple call from Ha Joon solved everything. :wub:

-The beach scene with JS and DG talking to each other. OMG that scene was soooo funny. :lol: When DG asked JS why he wanted to become a secret agent, JS just blurted out, " Why? Because it's COOL!" It might not be funny as in the way I wrote it. BUT you've gotta watch that scene with subs and you'll understand why I love this guy.

-The part with the spunky colleague of JS telling him about the operations of the airport. I love this girl! She's so spunky and outspoken that even JS can't resist her charm.

-The scene of the trolley guy's niece waking up to find JS in their house. It's cute cos initially it was the trolley guy who had invited JS over to stay at their house. But when his niece asked him about it, he turned around and accused his niece for bringing a guy back while she's drunk. It was hilarious because the niece actually thought she really brought JS back because she was too drunk. Even JS laughed at the trolley guy's antiques..hahaha..:lol:

-The scene of JS asking DG whether she'd bought dinner for him the night before.( DG was actually quite pissed that he just left her there picking up the food. Because she actually bought the food specially for him and he just left like that.) And when JS asked her, she just pretended not to care and said it's for her manager. It was really obvious that she's pretending.. because DG was actually quite upset over the small matter and drank quite a bit too the night before after JS left her. Her expression was sooo adorable..hahhaa..

- The last scene of course, loved how JS pulled her out. And I could just feel DG's happiness.. SHE WANTED THAT TO HAPPEN! hahaha..:lol: ==> too bad they were interrupted by the phone calls. Dang..

Alright, I think I've written an essay. Just some of my comments after watching the eps..hehehe..^_^

Guest ellabel

Ah, I see. Those initial reports tend to change once the drama actually gets under way, so it's good to treat them as a guide, but I don't tend to accept things as "canon" until they're introduced in the drama proper. I don't think it was mistranslated or mistaken info; it was just probably very preliminary stuff.

I agree that actors, roles, stories even directors can still change even when the drama is already shooting but with nothing to disprove the original press releases then we may tend to believe that it is still the same.

Anyway, you know better than I, am sure, considering you understand the language and thanks a lot to soonjap too for clarifying that. It's so frustrating really to watch without understanding the dialogs but WTH! I wanna watch it already (so, suffer the consequences :lol: ). In fact, this is the first drama that I'm watching without english subs and thanks to you and your summaries, I'm not so clueless on what's going on.

Nice preview of ep. 5.

Looks like JS still has feeling for his ex-gf.

You can see it in the way he longingly looks at him.

Hmmm.... as I've said very MNIKSS.. i wonder how different it wud be.

Considering that she has only his best interest at heart when she broke up with him, it wouldnt be hard to forgive her. In fact, JS might feel guilty for not being with her when she was suffering.

But, like in MNIKSS, i still want JS to end up wiht HDG.

As regards to Choi Ji Woo as HDG, I have to say I'm very impressed. I really like her character HDG. I really like the transformation she's taken..From the vulnerable weak roles in WS/ STH into such a strong and determined character here in Air City. Her solid performance here has indeed a shed a light on her versatility as an actress. To be honest, I've never seen her in any other roles except sadistic ones. So it's definitely something new to me.

Besides her melodramatic roles, CJW took up a very challenging role as Yuna/Ai Sakura, a violinist turned restaurateur who actually is a computer-genious/hacker in RONDO, a Japanese-Korean JV production (aired early last year in Japan). It was a mafia-cop-underground agents (mole) kind of storyline, one of the most expensive productions produced by TBS/Yedang. Some quoted RONDO resembles the famous HK movie, Internal Affairs. You'll get to enjoy the movie-like thriller suspense in your small screen. Of course spicing up some romantic scenes with JW is big timer J-hunk, Yutaka Takenouchi.

Sorry for the off-topic recommendation...... :D

Guest apple red

Some of you mentioned earlier that HDG might not be interested in KJS yet. I beg to differ. IMO, I think she's already falling for KJS. She even admitted herself that she liked KJS's gaze, and because of his gaze, she let down her guard and helped him in the first place. And it was really cute how Ha Joon tried to tell her that he's not good blah blah..hahha..:lol: He's a cutie and a sweetie. BUT I think HDG's heart has no place for him as yet, she's kinda occupied with Ji Sung and her sister.

As regards to the ex-GF, I thought I'd like her. But she's appeared in a few scenes and has yet to leave a good impression. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's her character. She doesn't seem that NICE as I'd expected her to be. The way she talks is sorta commanding...nah..I don't know what I'm talking about now. I just know I don't like her at the moment. :P

I hate to reiterate, but LEE JEONG JAE is just da bomb man! I never thought I would be so captivated by him. His acting, quoting from javabeans indeed is a cut above the rest. When HDG said, "I love his eyes/gaze." I immediately understood. He's an actor capable of conveying his character thru his eyes. A simple gaze from him can just bring out all his emotions. I nearly teared when he showed HDG the pendant and explained that he's not a patriotistic guy or anything, but just someone who wants to help his friend. That scene was so convincing that even I was touched...let alone our HDG. And some more I can recall the so many scenes of him smiling in Ep 3 and Ep 4. YES, I'm sorta like a fangirl now, going GAGA over some guy I just got to know like a week ago. BUT, you've just gotta admit that LJJ's got a killer charm..

Haha Ripgal...nice comment from you

honestly, iam the one who guess that HDG had no feeling yet for KJS at the first place.that was because i stand on her profile. I thought she's likes to flirt with any man, but withdraw as soon as she can once they likes her back. On one of the interview, CJW said that HDG likes to flirt, and since KJS is not the kind of man who likes her back after one shoot, she has curiousity on him.

Perhaps, the curiousity had led to better direction. She likes him already, especially after few conversation with him. His gaze was the first thing she notice about him, and she couldnt pulling away easily from it (just like you ripgal..lol..and me too)

Amongst all CJW's character she'd been played, this one is the best character of her. Yuna at Rondo was 2nd to HDG. HDG and Yuna had a bit similarity, i must say. But Yuna doesnt like to flirt, unlike HDG. Both had mysteri hide in the past, and both are looks cruel sometimes, hard to herself and no commit mistake from themselves.

Judging from the preview of eps 5, seems like HDG's sister will liking KHJ ...ehm

Guest hanihash

Haha Ripgal...nice comment from you

honestly, iam the one who guess that HDG had no feeling yet for KJS at the first place.that was because i stand on her profile. I thought she's likes to flirt with any man, but withdraw as soon as she can once they likes her back. On one of the interview, CJW said that HDG likes to flirt, and since KJS is not the kind of man who likes her back after one shoot, she has curiousity on him.

Perhaps, the curiousity had led to better direction. She likes him already, especially after few conversation with him. His gaze was the first thing she notice about him, and she couldnt pulling away easily from it (just like you ripgal..lol..and me too)

Amongst all CJW's character she'd been played, this one is the best character of her. Yuna at Rondo was 2nd to HDG. HDG and Yuna had a bit similarity, i must say. But Yuna doesnt like to flirt, unlike HDG. Both had mysteri hide in the past, and both are looks cruel sometimes, hard to herself and no commit mistake from themselves.

Judging from the preview of eps 5, seems like HDG's sister will liking KHJ ...ehm

Fully agree with you on CJW role compared to Yuna in Rondo. Loved ripgals's take on episode 3 & 4.

By the way, just to digress, if anyone's interested I did a search David Lee McInnis and found out that he is Korean-American, born in Green Bay Wisconsin in 1973 to a Korean mother and American father. (Now I understand the exotic looks). He is a model/actor based in New York and has appeared in movies such as Typhoon (2005), Never Forever (2007) and A Cut Too Deep (1998) to critical acclaim. His website address is davidleemcinnis.com He is 6' 2" (1.88 m).

That flirting between Charlie and HDG looked really good.

Guest apple red

Jiwoo's better not to use that scary high heels shoes..lol..8 cm..oh come one. It's gonna kill you to wear that shoes on daily activity

Guest Rosepetal

I finally have little time to post at this thread....finished watching Ep. 3 and Ep. 4.

I watched Ep. 3 by downloading, but Ep. 4 - I watched it direct On-Air @ MBC on Sunday morning, 2:40 A.M., YUP!! :I'm so crazy!! wacko: :lol:

I was so tired and disoriented for last couple of days,....man!!, I would not do it again, I will just be happy to download it and watch it my leisure time. :D:D

I am really enjoying watching Air City, it's a great show, I am very impressed with LJJ's acting, it was very moving and touching when he talked about his friend and wanting to help.

Of Course, I also give alot of credit to Do-Gyung's role, (CJW)...she's doing a fantastic job!!

Do-Gyung looks so good in all the episodes, a cool career woman, LOVE all her suits and wardrobes!!

Ha-Joon was so funny and cute as always, I think he will be the one to comfort Do-Gyung whenever she has difficulty with her sister and private life....someone to lean and depend on, I guess...

I like all other supporting characters as well...

CJW said that the atmosphere on the production set is very good and everyone gets along and having fun~ :)

BTW, can someone tell me how to read the spoilers written and highlighted? Is there a way to un-do the yellow highlighted portion? Or how can I do it in the first place? Sorry, I feel so ignorant!~ :blush:

Archived