[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

marie67 said:

While (im)patiently waiting for episode 6 lets take a poll about OY:

Do you guys think she knows OS is not her real brother? If so, why? If not, why?

I think OY knows that OS is not her brother. She has always been a smart person and who knows what goes on behind that blank expression and smirk? The scene where she takes off her pants was purposely done to gauge his reaction and her smirk was a tell all. Also when she felt the burn on his arm; her expression was one of shock but not an affirmation that "oh my God, this is proof." It could be shock that the burn was on the wrong arm. For her, trusting herself to a strange man is no different than trusting herself to the wolves in her house; therefore she plays along with OS. Btw, I was blown away with JIS acting in eps 6 of the last scene. "should I? Should I give this pill to you?" Omg, so many emotions and feelings right there! Is it a question for her or more for him because he's coming to realize his feelings? Superb acting! Nobody but JIS could put so much emotion into that sentence!

My guess is..

Secretary Wang is Youngie's birth mother, the way she look enviously at them when Youngie was young, and how she had arranged everything for her (letting the father die, matchmaking fiance). If it's true that she deliberately do not cure Youngie's eye, I think it's because she's scared Youngie would not rely on her anymore. Either way she is spooky and selfish.

idless said: My guess is..

Secretary Wang is Youngie's birth mother, the way she look enviously at them when Youngie was young, and how she had arranged everything for her (letting the father die, matchmaking fiance). If it's true that she deliberately do not cure Youngie's eye, I think it's because she's scared Youngie would not rely on her anymore. Either way she is spooky and selfish.

Here's a fancam of Gummy performing "Snowflower"/"Snowflake" (I've seen it written both ways) OST :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v1n-avw4PDI#!

it sounds absolutely beautiful!!!!! omg, i want to see which scenes this song will be used for in future episodes! i can't wait, i'm getting so excited waiting for the next episodes dklfajfdsfl;kajs :x

Kim Kang Woo and Kim Bum Go Rough for ′Elle

Kim Kang Woo and Kim Bum unleashed their manly vibes for a photo spread together.

27678843.jpg

The two actors posed for the March issue of Elle, adding to the charms of their roles in the film Psychometry.

Kim Kang Woo appears as a detective, who comes to face his trauma through a certain incident, in the film.

The actor said in an interview with Elle, "I wasn′t merely imitating; I tried to show how all workers in their 30s work hard to make ends meet. I tried to build on the character′s history because I didn′t want him to be covered by the unfamiliar content matter."cr. http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=29642

Guest sunshine4ever

So I've been trying to rewatch episodes 2-3 the DramaFever version, but I wasn't able to do that. So what I'm writing now may not be 100% fresh in my mind. If I am wrong, please do correct me because I really think I forgot a lot of things from last week's episodes as I only watched it once for episodes 2-3, so I may lack details. Also ideas are just so random. This time for some reasons it's hard for me to wrap up all of my thoughts in all 5 episodes. I may add on another post because I think there are more details that I like to share later on.

To avoid calling Oh Soo and confusing you with Oh Soo (Oh Young's brother) I will use Soo for Jo In Sung and Oh Soo for OY's brother for this sharing.

I like the first episode and how it started out with because it gave me some of Oh Soo's background. Through Oh Soo's background, I learned that he is one complicated character with a complicated background because he was abandoned by his mother and lived his life as a gambler. I'm not too sure if the drama touches base with us about how Oh Soo grew up to be as an orphan, but we can see that it was not an easy path because he was first abandoned by his mom and then turned out be a gambler who lived basically for money (but later said he doesn't even know what his meaning in life is after 1 year in prison). He also had a past with hurting a woman (like Hee Joo) and So Ra (well, more like she couldn't handle not being able to live without him anymore). So all of these lead me to think that Oh Soo has a very rough life and sometimes it has to do with a lot of choices in his life. I have to say though with this kind of background where he was abandoned by his mom and then raised up by the orphanage, he didn't really have a proper morality. I don't know how to describe it because I remember the scene that Oh Soo got killed, Soo looked really shocked and when the police came to chase him, he was still in disbelief looking at Oh Soo lying on the street with blood after being crashed to by the car. I almost thought there and then that Soo really had a heart because he was shocked and I thought there was something there that disconnected me because after that there was a scene showing that Soo was in jail and then there was no really formal burial for Oh Soo nor was there any questioning of the police and/or the car that killed Oh Soo. I'm really wondering if Soo ever felt any difference if one of the people in his life were to die, but thank goodness I saw that in episode 5 where it showed that Soo was very sad/hurt that Hee Joo died because of him in an accident. But I kind of have doubts with him raising up and knowing what is right and wrong correctly.

And then there is Oh Young. At first I thought her character was quite bitter because she looked like she was stabbing at people around her especially Attorney Jang, Secretary Wang, and her fiancee. Haha. Later I thought it made a lot of sense because all of these people didn't really show proper love and care for her dad. In her mind, they were always there to get her and the money that she has. But she showed great love for her brother by staying out at the hotel to wait for her brother for 3 hours.

I really like the scene that both Soo and Young met each other for the first time.
opzsaw.jpgjidhj5.jpg
Love the way Soo was reading to Young her brother's letter. It was so sweet and comical that I was crying and laughing with Young when Soo stopped in between to tell her that he wouldn't read his part to protect his privacy, but at the same time he was taken aback by how fast Young's tears were rolling. I think Soo's weak against tears and Young's just so natural and expressive in it.

This scene below is very ironic...1st Oh Soo died (probably there) and then Oh Young was like right in front of her brother yet did not know that was her brother.
2e6aogy.jpg28t9m4j.jpg
^I cried a whole bunch watching this scene because on that same day Oh Young's brother and dad died and on that same day Soo got sent to jail. I just thought that both Soo and Young have so many similarities aside from this date since both was abandoned by their mom and both seemed to be very bitter towards the world except for Soo she did so in her speech and for Young he did so in various things---hide it in his gambling and his playful times with women. Obviously though, I wondered if Soo was like that to Hee Joo when they were 19 or was he just changing after HJ died? I am not sure as I don't recall we're told of any of those things yet so I'll just let this drama unravel itself.

The scenes that Soo's mom and Young's mom abandoned them seemed similar here. (I know Soo's mom put him under the tree in the snow, but later it seemed he met her again and she ran away in the cab as he chased after her is very similar to the scene Young ran after her mom's car also...)
006.jpg007.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

Oh an interrupted thought here, but we have discussed about how there is possibility with Soo's mom being Wang or Young's mom; however, we can see here the mom's looks here as he was chasing after his mom, so if that was really his mom she wouldn't be Wang or Soo's mom, right? They don't look the same at all.

005.jpg
^I thought this beautiful bouquet of flowers were for a girl, haha, but it turned out it was given to Oh Soo. But the flowers are just so pretty so I just wanted to capture it.

Okay, so as I was flipping through episode 1 for the captures I realized that Young is actually now 27, haha. She was six when mom abandoned her, but she said somewhere in episode 5 that for the past 21 years no one dared to treat her the way Soo did, so that makes her really 27 because I remembered in episode 1 they said she was 26 at the beginning, but I forgot to count the 1 year Soo was in jail, so that makes her 27 and not 26.

This scene when both Soo & Young met each other again...they both were smiling which reminded me of the first time they met each other---I think they were also laughing..or at least he made her laugh..
012.jpg013.jpg

For Wang whether she is a good woman or not, I'm not too sure because she did see that Young's dad's alarm did go off----that means it was in emergency and I think she made a conscious choice of not rescuing him and letting him die or something? So isn't she an evil person with intentions? So my question is that what are her intentions? Does she want money from Young? Or is she really behind Young's fiancee and hoping that both will get marry and when Young die the fiancee will get the money and she will also benefit from it? But how does that explain the way she cares (being overly protective) of Young? This really lost me and I think I'll just have to wait for further explanation from the drama before I jump into something. At this point in time I really can't say who's evil and who is not. Everybody seems to look grey here.

So after meeting Soo, Young had certain doubts that he is her brother and it's true---she's a smart woman because she knew people around her really just want her money. However, as she gradually knew Soo, it seemed like she had become softer than she would usually look like from the outside. So maybe she is different from the interior than exterior. Perhaps she wanted to look strong outside because she's afraid of others seeing her weakness as she is a blind (disabled to others). I thought that she might have some vulnerability that she didn't want to show with others and she didn't trust others, but after knowing Soo for a while she was able to trust him enough to let him held her in this scene. I think what Soo gave Young was a sense of trust and protection. Like maybe she had been alone all of these years without her mom and brother and living with a not-so-easy-to-get-along with dad didn't help her live her life well. And that's why she was hot-tempered around people she didn't trust?

014.jpg015.jpg
^In this scene Young really showed her true self (totally vulnerable) towards Soo who was really holding on to her and she (I couldn't understand why) for some reasons allowed him to make fun of her just a little...he seemed a bit mockery there...but I think that scene only happened because he first rescued/protected her from the train station even though she insisted on dying. I mean, seriously who wouldn't trust someone who rescued you when you intended to die? If this was Soo's sole intention, then I think he got it. He was successful in deceiving her, but my thinking is that he's not aware that he himself really likes her or he is attractive towards her vulnerabilities and he really wanted to protect her for her and not for her money. But for now that's just how I see it. His exterior motives may be something but underneath it may be different ones that he didn't even know. lol.

Oh and the shooting scene was so hilarious. I just thought that he was so embarrassed at not being able to shoot the animal, but he got so lucky to shoot after she shoot with him. And then after that she even threw the balloon on him correctly. Oh my gosh...if I were her I would be super excited to go out with him because it boosted my confidence, haha. She was able to threw the balloon and everyone was cheering for her, so I think she must have liked being around him because she was not some blind girl relying on other people, but a blind girl who can aim and shoot correctly. And plus she got "protection". I just thought it's funny because even though Soo (the tree) had been faking to be Young's brother, but he turned out to be the Soo (protection) for Young. All of those scenes with him rescuing her from the river and from the train and also from people walking over here especially in a crowd show evidences of him being her protector and a brother to her.

I think I'm going to stop my thoughts here. I may have to come back and say some more stuffs about episodes 4-5. Sorry to write so long some of my thoughts may not make sense as it's kind of late here.

When OS said, “Alright, I’ll be by your side. If you tell me to stay, I will always stay” during this scene... did anyone else feel that it seemed really sincere? 
tumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io8_r1_250.giftumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io2_250.gif
tumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io3_250.giftumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io7_r1_250.giftumblr_mil6pph7N11qag92io6_250.gif

I don't know if he's just really good at pretending like he cares or if she's actually breaking him down, but i like how i can't really tell when he's putting on an act anymore. that means that he's starting to develop some emotions and they are starting to take over. he's starting to feel for her, he can relate to her, and he's actually enjoying the time he spends with her. it's just the way he said those words and told her "if that's what you want, then i'll stay." the look on his face looked so vulnerable, like he felt like he HAD to be there for her and now he actually WANTS to be there for her. 
i'm really loving these small developments in OS. the way she's making his heart waver and making him more genuine and sincere. when he watched the videos she recorded for her mom, he started to feel something... when he slapped her for attempting suicide, he was subconsciously letting his emotions take over since he started to care. when the guy kissed her in the preview, you could see the jealous boiling in him... i cannot wait to see that scene!!!! i really really really hope that OS will kiss her before that guy kisses her or else i'll be so angry ~X(
there are two possible kiss scenes, 
but i think there won't be a kiss in this one... it looks like he'll stop himself or something :( if i was there, i would've so pushed his head to hers!!tumblr_miohspNtmG1rs0ii7o6_250.gif

it's probably be this one i mean they BETTER kiss in this one! i think i'll die if there's no O2 kiss but only a kiss between her and the fiance :-w12885764.jpg
85865649.jpg

it'd be awesome if there was a kiss in both scenes since OS needs to show OY the difference between a peck and a kiss afterall :-\"

my guess, oy havent fell asleep on both scene. 
sw isnt oy's mother but did has jeaolusy toward oy's mother , because her background maybe, but why her mother choose took os with her instead of took both of them. i can(t) predict anything of its plotline.

Guest satisfaction!

@marie67: idk its so hard! they're both such good actors in their characters and outside their characters that it's hard to say....but i'll hafta agree with you and say she probably knows Soo is not her real brother...i mean c'mon, look at all that skinship they're having heh. i feel like Soo will get the greater blow to the cheek because of OY. in the writer's works, i tend to not underestimate the main female character b/c they're strong and smart. but who knows? super excited for the new episodes <3

Guest jjsweeter0211

Another fanmade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJva5ENB8Pw

cr to uploader

The instrumental of this song is so beautiful.I can't wait to have all those gorgeous instrumentals in this drama replaying in my ipod :x :x

Guest whitelily000

Hi everyone :) 
“People want to find meaning to their life.

To try to find meaning in life,
some people put their life on the line
for a loved one they will soon forget.
Others put their life on the line chasing after
a desire that will soon disappear like bubbles.
Everyone says they’re looking
for life’s meaning.
Then should I also try to find some
meaning in this screwed up world?
Then will my life change?
I’ve lived my whole life believing that
there’s no one I can count on but myself.
Will the sun shine down on me as well?
Then, let’s give it a shot…” ( yesss OS the meaning will be OY!  ) 
— Oh Soo

sow it somewhere so I couldn't resist not to post it :) 
and about the kiss...hmmm I would like to see O2 couple kiss, yes..but one more thing that I think will like more than that  is his anger after he sees OY kissed by her "fiance" ... How I like when I'm watching some role falling in love and not knowing that, and at one point snaps, woho, what's that, why I'm angry, jealous ,why my heart is like this and etc :) ... and I think that maybe-o2-kiss will come after that, but he will stop ( and we will all die) ....

for next episode my guess ( more my wish Loooool ) ..he will kiss her 

then she will be surprised and cry as in the preview she was crying and he tried to calm her ( same clothes of this scene )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0M4Fg1DHt8

so he will confess to her ,, and she will accept it >> bed scene discovered by SW 

:P

Seriously what could t be to share all these scene , when they are wearing same clothes and there were ; almost to kiss , crying , bed scenes ?????
Waiting with Great Anticipation and widely opened eyes  <:-P :-B

I am quite sure oh young and oh soo the real are not half siblings, means we have no birth secrets. The DNA test, they did it using only Oh Young's and Oh Soo's samples so if they had only one parent in common it would come out. ( the percentage of the common allels etc would be different. And the doc would inform the fiancé)