[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest bibidep

The more I watch the episodes the more I think about OY's feeling I think she is falling for him already.  Episode 6 OS will know his feeling for OY is falling in love with her not because of her money.  The next few episodes will be all the happy one for them, a lot of romantic scenes and then the break up come.  I can't wait for the scene where both of them wear the coat and sit on the cable car go to the resort for skiing or vacation.  I think that is their most intimate and romantic scene before she gives him money and tell him to leave her.

I really need to catch up to this drama. Judging from the clips/mvs and all it's making my heart pound like crazy already. Gosh, can this OTP get any sexier. I don't know about you girls here but every time I see him looking at her, he looks like the big bad SEX A@@ wolf, waiting for little red riding hood and just wanting to eat her up. Of course it doesn't help that she is super short next to him (which I like)...I don't know but that bed scene sure got me thinking something else  :-\"

While waiting for the next episode impatiently, let me share my dirty mind...i think, when the TRUE romance begins OS will confirm about the difference between a peck and a kiss. But OY can't really show OS the reall kiss (me wish: the hot one :>

then OS will show her on his own way....yeaayy! Me? Dream? Ok...i'll sleep again....never mind, just ignore me.
Geezz...its so stressful to know that Wednesday is a mile apart from now *crying on the corner eating cotton candy* (:|

idless said: My guess is..

Secretary Wang is Youngie's birth mother, the way she look enviously at them when Youngie was young, and how she had arranged everything for her (letting the father die, matchmaking fiance). If it's true that she deliberately do not cure Youngie's eye, I think it's because she's scared Youngie would not rely on her anymore. Either way she is spooky and selfish.

A thought just occurred to me and I'm not sure if its been mentioned. I don't think OS will die. For some reason, I feel that the story is a flashback and he is narrating it from the present. Therefore, "THAT winter" and "it was THAT moment that I became curious about this person."

Ok call me crazy. First thing I think about when I got up was that thought. Dohhh!!

Guest julia_lee

oh geez!! @sukma_shinhye, you've just tickled my imagination..  =))  =))

idk but, as much as i want to celebrate each and every sweet/flirtatious moments (at times) they have together, i just can't allow myself to fully immerse into it, not until the 'fake brother stratagem' untangles.. the way things are happening now seem like a one-sided affair.. ah well OS seems to treat her like a woman and not a sister because he knows the truth anyway, but the mere fact that OY treats him like her oppa and not as a namja makes it hard for me fully throw myself into the O2 wonderland..

so my wish is, since OY is getting curious about the other OS, may she finally unravel the truth ASAP and deal with the aftermath pain of betrayal and then just rock each other's world.. too shallow as it may seem but this couple commands a strong visual appeal on screen and honestly it's hard for people (errrr, ok, say for me) to just concentrate on the story alone without thinking about the 'could-have-been-steamy-scenes' between these two.. 

(trying sooo hard not to sound like a perv here people) thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-staticim_blushing-2556.gif

Review by The Vault

1945_wallpaper_02a183.jpg

http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/%EA%B7%B8%EA%B2%A8%EC%9A%B8-%EB%B0%94%EB%9E%8C%EC%9D%B4-%EB%B6%84%EB%8B%A4-that-winter-the-wind-blows-ep-15-review/#comments

I think OS shows his jealousy from this scene
1361372343582.jpg

Hi everyone :-h I just finished Ep. 4&5. So pretty! It might be a bit late to give my thoughts on the story thus far, but better be late than never :D This answer from Noh Hee-kyung regarding how she approaches this drama is really interesting. It gives me a bit of understanding on what Writer Noh is trying to convey in her writing. 

After seeing the original production, I wondered...why that worthless man, why is he trying so hard to survive, and the process of falling in love with a blind lady is not in the original production. I was curious about it. I think I tried to change the original Japanese feeling and gave it a Korean feel. -- Noh Hee-kyung
To me, episode  4 and 5 is so full of love :x
But it's a kind of love that is introspective - both are learning the process of loving and caring for something or someone unconditionally by putting that love above all else. I don't even think their closeness is that of a romantic love, more of a natural love of two people who are similar in so many ways - their detachment to outsiders; Soo is living aimlessly, while Youngie is willing to die at any moment to end her suffering. Gradually, both people bring out the best in each other. He gives her a sense of comfort, an anchor in her life. Soo takes her out of her shelter, guiding her to outside places that she was once so afraid of venturing on her own. She has never had that kind of figure in her life after her mom and brother left. Soo, regardless of whether Young thinks is her brother or not, gives her that kind of happiness. That scene at the lake, where for the first time in a long while, she felt happy she could right then and there die brought me to tears. Side note, I'm very impressed with SHK's performance. I love Oh Young's cold detachment, yet we can always sympathize with her plight. This is what Song Hye-kyo said about her portrayal of Oh Young - 
My role is a blind person, so as I work in this production I felt that I, myself, feel really lonely acting in this drama. It's because I can't see the other actors' eyes as I act, and I can't show the expression that I know how the others are acting. So I have to act in empty space, so I feel the loneliness from that. - Song Hye-kyo 

Youngie, on the other hand, is inadvertently forcing Soo to revisit his past. Her persistence to die to at any moment presents such a deep contrast to his old belief of living without a purpose - as Soo said in Ep. 2, he is breathing, therefore he wants to live. Of course we know there is more underneath the surface; his fear of abandonment and death is the main reason he is so afraid of dying. His mother left him and his recklessness led to the death of Hee-jun. He experiences firsthand, what abandonment and death bring to those who are left behind -- they are left to suffer, to mourn endlessly like himself, like Hee-sun and Moo-chul. Maybe that's why Soo is afraid of death because dying, he believes, is an act of selfishness. Now, spending time with a person who desperately yearns for loving and caring has slowly changed Soo's perception on the meaning of life. What he lacks before is "love" (in visceral and sentimental term), because he has never had to look for a reason to love. With Youngie, there is a purpose to living. His existence is morphing to protect her, to care for her. And in return, it gives him comfort, showing him that his action is originated from the feeling of love.
And because this show is just so darn stunningly beautiful, I couldn't resist making a few fan arts and a gif :P
iPuu6d9BDtHkp.JPG
iWCjRMgWSrac9.JPG

iKvKcVqrJdLdn.gif

:x :x :x

How did I get 6 pages behind again? didimiss5iv.gif I love that more & more people are jumping on the TWTWB bandwagon. This drama is SO GOOD, I find myself thinking about it 24/7. 
Thanks for posting that our recap is up, @clockwatcher. I really had fun with it this week! 
@mystisith - You had the same thoughts as @clockwatcher about Neo. laugh3.gif
@anoosha - I know! Why did they cut that hug scene? 
@marie67 - I was mostly concentrating on her sudden pain (which is why I think she rushed off to the bathroom) to notice her getting flustered at him being that close but I went back & watched that scene? You're right! I'm not sure yet if OY knows he's not her brother - I keep going back/forth. I think she is definitely still testing him. Great question. 

hi guys..

am i the only one who wants oh soo to take youngie to the hospital?!!!!!!!
i'm dying here because i want to know what's really with youngie..?!! i mean for the whole time before this drama begin i thought that someday she will be able to see..but know that they're saying she have a brain tumor..or maybe wang ahjumma came up with this..and what youngie have is a side effect because she is not completely blind it's like her eyes saying "hello, just go to the hospital and see what the hell is wrong with me ?!"

wednesday..be nice and come faster please !!! me and the girls in this thread become so crazy making some theories about the ending and have so much dreams about kissing..and kissing and........................................................................................................kissing again XDDDDDDD

@julia_lee - Don't worry, I've had problems "concentrating" on the story too when JIS and SHK are close during a scene. Oh, and MAJOR FAIL at trying not to sound like a perv. It's okay though, I'm facing that demon myself. *kekekeke* 

tumblr_m3punq3Qrc1roj7qpo1_250.gif

@jjsweeter0211 - You're amazing! You must be following everyone's conversation because you always manage to post pictures of what we're talking about! >:D<
@Shajoona - Nope, you're not the only one. I was screaming about it last week but then got distracted by all the touching and feeling (and hugs) this week. :\"> I don't understand why he hasn't taken her to the hospital yet but maybe it's because he's still to much into the "con"? (so he doesn't care yet if she lives or dies?) That's changing rapidly though. 

Guest bibidep

Hello @Tessieroo, @Shajoona.   Missing both of you for a day seem like forever because no body make fun for us hahahah.

3 more days to go, why is it taking sooooo longgggg.   Don't worry about why OS didn't take OY to the hospital, it will be soon after he discover his real feeling for her in the next episode.  He can't afford to let OY die that soon hahahha.

@bibidep - That was my thinking - once OS realizes more fully that he's in love with her, THEN I bet he'll take her to the hospital. (If she lets him) 
Another thing: In EP 4, OY tells Attorney Jang that she's not ill, she had a thorough health check-up last Autumn. :-/ If she's the CEO (even if it's temporary) of course they would demand her health records, right? Or am I seeing too much into this? 

Guest bibidep

tessieroo said: @bibidep - That was my thinking - once OS realizes more fully that he's in love with her, THEN I bet he'll take her to the hospital. (If she lets him) 
Another thing: In EP 4, OY tells Attorney Jang that she's not ill, she had a thorough health check-up last Autumn. :-/ If she's the CEO (even if it's temporary) of course they would demand her health records, right? Or am I seeing too much into this?