Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

regarding the layout, we changed it due to the complaints we were receiving that it was too different and too washed out. now we're getting complaints that it's too colorful and the main panel is too narrow. it's hard to know what to change because we receive so little positive feedback about our layout until after we address the complaints and decide to change it, and then people want to know why we changed what they liked. anyway, those of you who are having issues with the main panel, please submit a screenshot so we can know what you mean. it's true that the panel is now narrower than it used to be, but for at least one person, there appears to be a sizing issue that's unintended. if you post a screenshot along with your browser and OS info, we can see if you fall into the latter category. thanks.

also, we resized the avatars because people were complaining that the old ones were too small. but as anyone with basic photoshop skills might know, it's not possible to take a small photo and resize it bigger without getting that blurry effect you see. you will need to reupload the avatar, or we can go back to the smaller avatars that people said they hated. we apologize.

as for the crackle ads, we are trying to get to the bottom of those and figure out what's going on. we definitely did not approve these ads, and apologize for their appearance.

some people are having problems with center align. i'll note it and see what vanilla can do to fix it!

for the members list, what it shows is different than what IPB showed in terms of the time span that indicates a currently active user.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@endeavor.

Thank you for looking into it for me.

Those damn password saving addons makes you stupider every day..... now I gotta remember what my *old* spam-yahoo email was.... ugh. 

send an email to support@soompi.com! we should be able to help you out. please provide your username and the email address you use to log in, even if you can't access that account.

Hello

:)

I LOVE the new layout for Soompi, it'll take some getting used to though. Anyway I've been trying to change that title/ those words right next to username (it's there every time I see my post). Can anyone help tell me how to change the title? 

the member titles are temporarily gone! we will work on restoring them, thanks! http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2000084/forum-launch-faq/p1

@melkimx Okay another one, it is so weird that when I am using my Windows machine, I can see the chain link picture (that button used to get the link of individual posts) but when I am on my Mac (Firefox), I'm not able to. The area is still there, I still can click it but the picture is gone.

Next, when embedding YouTube videos, I hope you can also let us use the newer code (we now have the option to use a newer iframe code instead of the object embed code in YT). It works in the text area, but when you confirm posting, it doesn't show.

i had the same problem with firefox before the layout change, but now i can see the chain icon fine. how about you?

there's no way 2 make a new topic... ive looked at the faqs and it still doesnt help

:(
please check out http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2002719/soompi-forum-how-tos#latest

@

grey_ic3

I've tried accessing the thread through 

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/332422/goodbye-kim-min-hye/

(removed the "p2" in the address bar) and it worked.

:)

Thanks, but I actually want to read page 2 =( Seems like all the other pages in that thread are working except for #2. 

there seem to be a few pages that are like this. i'll note it. sorry for the inconvenience!

Cannot "Go To..." a specific Page Number. 

I want to jump to a specific page in the forum.  How do I do that?

Thanks!!!

Can we get back the page jump feature?

The Vanilla folks are considering creating the feature for us! In the meantime, you can access a certain page by adding "/p#" to the end of the URL, where # is the number of the page that you want to view. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2000084/forum-launch-faq/p1

Guest nairu

this is weird since yesterday , when I type the website soompi.com it doesnt show up but when I google search will appear then click the website its works....something is wrong, how is that?

^ Looks like the url issue's been fixed. :)
btw If anyone has a blurry avatar, reupload it to fix it! I was wondering why our avatars were blurry and thought it was a temporary glitch, but it's not.

Guest graceyoon

yeah i have to agree with another poster that the layout has gone kinda weird.. before the layout took up 90% of my screen which i liked, but just recently i noticed extra padding has been given around the layout to center align it but i find it makes things look smaller.. 
on safari though (which i mostly use) the padding is increased mainly on the right.. i attached a pic.. i liked how before the widths of the posts were wider so posts that have a bit more content wouldn't look so condensed 
EDIT -- thanks for the fix soomp!

I would like to re-post my problems, sorry for taking unnecessary space by doing it. But I hope that someone, anyone can help me here. Maybe there are some members who face the same problem:

- About the typing in the "Leave a Post"-field: you put your cursor on the field and you type. Normally you type and the letters immediately appear, so everything is in sync. But in my case it isn't. If I start to type, iit is very slowly and I need to wait a couple of seconds so that I can see actually what I typed. I found a solution for now that when I click on the last icon on the top right side saying "show source", I am able of typing normally. In source-mode I can type, in Rich-Text mode, I can't.

- When quoting other members' posts, you can't see on the top left side the name of the member, for example "melkimx said"

I would like to re-post my problems, sorry for taking unnecessary space by doing it. But I hope that someone, anyone can help me here. Maybe there are some members who face the same problem:

- About the typing in the "Leave a Post"-field: you put your cursor on the field and you type. Normally you type and the letters immediately appear, so everything is in sync. But in my case it isn't. If I start to type, iit is very slowly and I need to wait a couple of seconds so that I can see actually what I typed. I found a solution for now that when I click on the last icon on the top right side saying "show source", I am able of typing normally. In source-mode I can type, in Rich-Text mode, I can't.

- When quoting other members' posts, you can't see on the top left side the name of the member, for example "melkimx said"

the first problem, i'll note for vanilla to take a look at. the second, can you take a screenshot? because i see it just fine and i'm curious to know what you see.

this is weird since yesterday , when I type the website soompi.com it doesnt show up but when I google search will appear then click the website its works....something is wrong, how is that?

That's the same for me. I believe it may be a problem with the redirection?If you don't put "www" in front of soompi.com, it won't work. The forums work because it's "forums.soompi.com"; but just soompi.com or http://soompi.com does not work.

I believe it started not working yesterday or the day before that? 

is this still happening?

Hi!

I don't know if this question has been asked, but how can I undo the fact that I clicked on a thread? It irks me seeing how many posts have been made since I last clicked on the thread. hehehe
If it is somehow possible please share it with me.

Thanks

Guest HERMIT

I don't know if this question has been asked, but how can I undo the fact that I clicked on a thread? It irks me seeing how many posts have been made since I last clicked on the thread. hehehe

If it is somehow possible please share it with me.

the first problem, i'll note for vanilla to take a look at. the second, can you take a screenshot? because i see it just fine and i'm curious to know what you see.

Thanks melkimx for your help! Regarding the 2nd problem, just take a look at my post here: I am quoting you, but I can't see on the top left corner your name, saying "melkimx said" like with all of your posts, when you quote someone. For example I can see at your post that you quoted me as it says on the corner "bbly said", I see it for all the members.

I made a screenshot but don't know how to insert a picture in my post as the pic is saved on my desktop.

Guest myxfriends

hi
maybe im just stupid or totally missed where it was, but i went through all the stickied topic posts to look for how new members can start posting threads, and i didnt see anything about it in the starting mod posts... i think its probably nice to clearly post those instructions somewhere for new members if it already isnt. thanks.

hi

maybe im just stupid or totally missed where it was, but i went through all the stickied topic posts to look for how new members can start posting threads, and i didnt see anything about it in the starting mod posts... i think its probably nice to clearly post those instructions somewhere for new members if it already isnt. thanks.

yes, i temporarily unpinned the regular FAQ where that information was contained because people were looking at both the regular FAQ and the forum launch FAQ. but since things have settled down, i've reupdated the regular FAQ and i'll close the other one. thanks! and by the way, i updated your account.

Guest s4d0w

My problem is that I cannot access the forum at all from my laptop , it always directed to error page 'no data received' everytime I try to navigate from the home page or from google search. Strangely, I can access it just fine with my tablet. Is it because of the browser? Or maybe I miss something? I use chrome for my laptop and safari for the tablet, and I don't have any problem in accessing the old site before.

Guest leelee.

@bbly About multiquoting, I also noticed that it doesn't allow quotes from page to page. Maybe it would work if I saved the draft first? I never really experimented with it. Have you tried that? About the quoting, I'll note it and ask.

@bbly As for typing a post... what happens? You wrote "it is veryyyy slowly while typing, it is awful," but I don't know what that means. Let me kow!

@bbly About multiquoting, I also noticed that it doesn't allow quotes from page to page. Maybe it would work if I saved the draft first? I never really experimented with it. Have you tried that? About the quoting, I'll note it and ask.

@bbly As for typing a post... what happens? You wrote "it is veryyyy slowly while typing, it is awful," but I don't know what that means. Let me kow!

^ Okay, look at that. Quoting is a mess. O.O I only typed "It said... Eja said... but I was not the one who made that post!" and I hit post right after typing but look at that... The quoting was cut.

@melkimx

OMG. I am having the same problem with the quotes! When I try to quote someone the username doesn't show up at all. It's really bugging the heck outta me.

I liked Soompi pre-Vanilla, but I'm ever so slowly getting used to the new forums.

EDIT: Okay, so the quoting is getting seriously messed up when I use it. Some of bbly's quote isn't actually in the quote box, and the username thing decided to work on just this one post. What is going on? D:

Archived