Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

@melkimx Thank you for that. Though I had another question why the spam posts made by a user need to be viewable from his profile? Doesn't look nice >.<

Ah, I found one more... Before when a user quotes a post with pictures, the said pictures will not appear again and will be displayed as *quoted image* Is that possible with Vanilla? If a lot of users will quote a post like that, then you'll see the same pictures a lot of times while in a thread...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I start a new thread in Performers Forum, and it asks me for five tags.

and after the five tags it won't allow me to post because my tags are too long,and even after I've fixed the Tags it still won't allow me to go on.

Guest -quiescent

Does anyone know how to change the member title thing next to an avatar? Like mine is: Im YoonA ♥ 

Guest pugster9

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else but when I log into soompi, it logs me out of my email that's open in an existing tab on my browser.  I end up with 2 soompi tabs.  This doesn't happen with any other websites. 

Does anyone know how to change the member title thing next to an avatar? Like mine is: Im YoonA ♥ 

How can I edit the member title?

We don't know yet, sorry! We will have to converse with the Vanilla forum folk and find out!

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2000084/forum-launch-faq

When I start a new thread in Performers Forum, and it asks me for five tags.

and after the five tags it won't allow me to post because my tags are too long,and even after I've fixed the Tags it still won't allow me to go on.

hm, i just tried creating a new thread in performers and it worked okay. have you been able to create any other threads? what browser and OS are you using?

@melkimx Thank you for that. Though I had another question why the spam posts made by a user need to be viewable from his profile? Doesn't look nice >.<

Ah, I found one more... Before when a user quotes a post with pictures, the said pictures will not appear again and will be displayed as *quoted image* Is that possible with Vanilla? If a lot of users will quote a post like that, then you'll see the same pictures a lot of times while in a thread...

we'll definitely list it!

Guest HERMIT

@melkimx:  Perhaps a constructive suggestion:  I've noticed that unlike the prior forum board (if I recall correctly), the new one doesn't seem to allow for the listing of the moderators who actively lead each particular subforum.  As a result, this could be problematic for users - especially new ones - as to who to properly PM to address or report their specific problems within those subforums themselves.  Maybe a plausible workaround /alternative is for the respective moderators to create/revise the pinned FAQ/Forum Rules threads in their respective subforums to display their screen names as the designated moderators for that subforum (whether it be placed in the thread title or within the body itself). 

I noticed that probably some of these questions could be simply addressed by a moderator (ie. how can I have my post deleted?), but for some members, it's not immediately intuitive in determining which moderator to appropriately PM - or perhaps know who they even are.

Guest rocojulie

@melkimx:  Perhaps a constructive suggestion:  I've noticed that unlike the prior forum board (if I recall correctly), the new one doesn't seem to allow for the listing of the moderators who actively lead each particular subforum.  As a result, this could be problematic for users - especially new ones - as to who to properly PM to address or report their specific problems within those subforums themselves.  Maybe a plausible workaround /alternative is for the respective moderators to create/revise the pinned FAQ/Forum Rules threads in their respective subforums to display their screen names as the designated moderators for that subforum (whether it be placed in the thread title or within the body itself). 

I noticed that probably some of these questions could be simply addressed by a moderator (ie. how can I have my post deleted?), but for some members, it's not immediately intuitive in determining

which

moderator to appropriately PM - or perhaps know

who

they even are.

rocojulie

Is it possible to compile a list of all the moderators and administrators and the links to their profiles?

Some moderators may be active and some may not be so I think it's easier for the members if all the moderators are included in a list (as in the previous forum) and for administrators as well if members need to address their concerns/problems to higher authority.

I notice that not all subforums have moderators.

OMG!  Is that what that icon is?!  And, I thought I had read through the FAQ's and everything related to the new version!  I guess I missed that item.  Sigh and sorry.

This works if I'm sending the link right now.  Unfortunately, I may not need to send the link until months later, which will require that I somehow bookmark the post or save the post itself in my computer. 

I've always told people, including the people running the fan-subbing website, that soompi has always been the most user-friendly and user-caring site because you provided functions to your users that no other site had or would even think of.   And, your care for your users is exemplified by the way you respond to our questions, requests, etc.   THANK YOU!

Guest iSimplicityy

Some posts in my shop are crossed out. And it has nothing to do with the code [s] [/s]

Guest skwon1430286082

Hi, I might not be looking in the right area but where are the fan clubs? Since the renovation of the site, which looks great btw, I can't find them. Have they been removed? Please let me know. Thank you, sora

Hi, I'm wondering why I'm able to log in from my computer but not for the mobile version? It says incorrect password, but I'm sure it's the correct one. It's a bit frustrating and I don't really want to create a new account just for that. Thanks.

Guest daisyblu891430291594

I'm having some trouble with my account.  I was trying to log into my account, which is the same username as this one, but with a capital "D", but then, instead of logging into my old account, it created a new one, which I don't understand.

I have been a member of Soompi since 2005, but I haven't been on for over a year, but I'm trying to get back into it.  If you could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

@daisyblu89, I do see the other account you describe, but with a different email address. Since it was an older account, can you try logging in with the email address you might have used back then?

@chrissatinee, I'm also guessing that a tag wasn't closed properly somewhere. At least, I've seen it happen with our old forum too.

@ebulli3nt, all listed moderators should be active. If there are some who seem to be MIA, then it's probably something to take to an administrator. We would like to have a list such as you describe; it's not top on our list of priorities, as I'm sure you can understand, but ultimately we definitely would like it back!

@inxomnia, I've never heard this problem before, but will talk to the developers about it.

Archived