Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, again, we will look into changing the flagging system so that someone's flag doesn't appear publicly.

and as for the ad, sorry about that! i agree that this is totally annoying so we'll make it so it loads as @HERMIT suggested (where it doesn't force down the rest of the content). we'll also look into making the ad smaller, but that may not be something we can control as well. thanks for letting us know!

Wow! It's a pleasant surprise indeed! =)

I find it so cute especially the lil icons we can click on when we find something interesting and tag as awesome and insightful. I love that's easier to find out which is interesting about KPOP lately. I trying to find out more about it!

It's now easier to know how many thread you've made. Autosave  for drafts is ♥

but the HEART is gone...Only the Friend of Soompi label is left... awww.. the hearts were cute.. hmm hmm...but it's okay. hahah

The annoying ad is genius!
You wanna click on some freshly new threads and all of a sudden, you end up clicking on that ad which gives extra adsense revenue for Soompi!
Money money money!
:-bd

hi, again, we will look into changing the flagging system so that someone's flag doesn't appear publicly.

@melkimx Okay another one, it is so weird that when I am using my Windows machine, I can see the chain link picture (that button used to get the link of individual posts) but when I am on my Mac (Firefox), I'm not able to. The area is still there, I still can click it but the picture is gone.

Next, when embedding YouTube videos, I hope you can also let us use the newer code (we now have the option to use a newer iframe code instead of the object embed code in YT). It works in the text area, but when you confirm posting, it doesn't show.

Guest bbly

Dear Mods/Admins, I am having some trouble since this new format of soompi (as pretty and trendy it looks) and I am not sure if it is my PC as I might have an older browser or if there are some features I need to activitate, don't know. 1. When leaving a Post in the the textfield "Leave a Post", it is veryyyy slowly while typing, it is awful. What I do now, is to click on the last icon on top on the right side "show source" and then I can type the text normally. 2. Mulit-quoting options don't work for me, sorry! If I quote a post for example on a previous page, then go to the next page to read the rest of the posts in that thread and if I want to quote another post there, I notice every time that the quote from the previous page doesn't show anymore on the "Leave a Post"-field. I tried it several times, on different threads, the same problem. 3. When other members quote, on the top it is written from who they quoted the post "xxxx said", "yyyy said" etc. But when I quote and write my comment below the quote and post it, it doesn't give the name, so you can't see from who the original post is. I really hope you can help me, as I honestly feel a bit frustrated about it. I noticed that I post less because of that. :( Thank you so much!

how can i link to a specific post within a thread?

Where are the post URLs? Before, they were accessible by clicking the number in the top-right corner of the post.

Post URLs can be accessed by right-clicking the link icon at the top-left corner of the post, and selecting "copy link address" or whatever variation your browser uses.

Guest walkietalkie

the old forum worked great. this new forum is very hard to find topics. in the old forum, i was able to find things relevant to what i was looking for. this new forum feels random. 

@melkimx Even if we don't see it, the system would still get abused, right? I feel it's still more just to have that text area where we can report it so the moderator will know why we had to click that flag button (in detail). I mean, we all see things differently, it'd be nice if the moderator sees our position, then judge fairly.

@Eja, Unfortunately, you really can't stop people from abusing the system; as I said, the system now is similar to what we had in IPB and there's really no way around it. A forum like this requires some human control at the end of it, and we do hire our moderators to be fair and impartial judges, so hopefully we can trust that they will do their best job.

Regarding the ads, we don't have anything like that (that we're aware of). Pop-ups and ads with noises run pretty counter to the types of ads that we allow, generally speaking. Can you take a screenshot next time you come across it and let me know where you see it? Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Jen. Hm, view counts shouldn't be reset... when did this happen?

@bbly About multiquoting, I also noticed that it doesn't allow quotes from page to page. Maybe it would work if I saved the draft first? I never really experimented with it. Have you tried that? About the quoting, I'll note it and ask.

@bbly As for typing a post... what happens? You wrote "it is veryyyy slowly while typing, it is awful," but I don't know what that means. Let me kow!

@melkimx - I'm not sure when it happened, but I made a thread in other tv/movies/books in June maybe. It was at some twenty something views then it got resetted the next day so I thought it was my computer acting up and cleared my cookies. But it happened again a few weeks later and it went back to 3 counts or something when there's already like 10+ replies. The math's a bit....odd. So I really have no idea if it's my computer acting up again or if it's possibly a bug...For me as well, I don't see the "promote" button option. I see LOL, Awesome, Flag and Insightful, but nowhere is Promote. I'm using google chrome. And also, I'm just wondering if the techs fixed the rich text editor (specifically the font size.) since it still doesn't work for me. If they did fix it, in which case, it could very much be my computer acting up...*sigh*

Regarding the Crackle ads:

• Where on the site does it appear (forums, news articles, threads), and where on the page does it appear from (bottom, top, etc.)?
  • What are you doing when it appears (scrolling, typing, etc.)?
  • Please take a screenshot of the ad!

@Jen., Promote is for moderators only and we'll probably get rid of it (it's not being much used)! And yes, the rich text editor should have been fixed by now. I'll put a note that it's not working for you.

Archived