Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

Guest xinf1nityxl0v3x

woah i thought i went to the wrong page toos.. havent been on here in so long.. must check out all these new things
:-O

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s4d0w said: My problem is that I cannot access the forum at all from my laptop , it always directed to error page 'no data received' everytime I try to navigate from the home page or from google search. Strangely, I can access it just fine with my tablet. Is it because of the browser? Or maybe I miss something? I use chrome for my laptop and safari for the tablet, and I don't have any problem in accessing the old site before. what happens if you try opening soompi using another browser?
leelee. said:

Ok, I will try the multi-quoting with saving draft-option first and let's see what happens. But still I hope there will be a solution for this. And about the typing in the "Leave a Post"-field: what I mean is you put your cursor on the field and you type right? Normally you type and the letters immediately appear, so the typing, the cursor and the appearance of the text is in sync. But in my case it isn't. If I start to type, is very slowly and I need to wait a couple of seconds so that I can see actually what I typed. That's why I found a solution for now that when I click on the last icon on the top right side saying "show source", I am able of typing normally. In source-mode I can type, in Rich-Text mode, I can't.

And

And as you can see with my other problem: I quoted your text, but on the top there isn't your name written (the left top side) which should normally say "melkimx said". Thanks for your help!

OMG. I am having the same problem with the quotes! When I try to quote someone the username doesn't show up at all. It's really bugging the heck outta me.
I liked Soompi pre-Vanilla, but I'm ever so slowly getting used to the new forums.
EDIT: Okay, so the quoting is getting seriously messed up when I use it. Some of bbly's quote isn't actually in the quote box, and the username thing decided to work on just this one post. What is going on? D: hm, seems like there are a lot of quoting issues. will note. @soomp?

Guest knockblock

I previously posted in here some time ago. I haven't checked back on my last post. I don't know if there were any replies back to me and what was said. I don't feel like going back to read it though so I'll just go ahead with this post.

What I said back a while ago, I still hold the belief of what I said about the forum activity. I still think its lacking in some essence.

I made a thread some time ago about the difference between Soompi in the past and in the present. I haven't checked back on the thread since I posted it but I plan to soon. In it, I said what made the forums great in the past and what is different about it now. Going over what people who have tuned out feel about the current Soompi.

Thinking back to what I said earlier it appears the forum members would have to tell what should be done if the staff members are to know how it's going to be done. Would that be right?

Maybe I'll have to continue more on this elsewhere. I don't want to keep it up in here.

I hope the staff keeps an ear on the matter.

Guest wildfox

iSimplicityy said: Gorgeous update for Soompi~ I love the new look ^^

Though the pinned threads are no longer pinned and I'm finding it hard to navigate the forums without the forum markers.
But hopefully I'll get used to that soon...

Will the pinned threads be pinned again or will they remain like this?

Have you guys taken away the option to hide signatures?

For years, I've had signatures hidden. However, when I logged in today, I could suddenly see everyone's signatures. I checked my settings and they haven't been changed, viewing signatures was disabled... So I tried enabling signatures, saved the settings, disabled it and saved it again but I can still see everyone's signatures. Signatures lag my phone. :(

*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said: Have you guys taken away the option to hide signatures?

For years, I've had signatures hidden. However, when I logged in today, I could suddenly see everyone's signatures. I checked my settings and they haven't been changed, viewing signatures was disabled... So I tried enabling signatures, saved the settings, disabled it and saved it again but I can still see everyone's signatures. Signatures lag my phone. :(
i see what you mean. i checked the "hide sigs" option just now and i can still see your signature. let me ask @soomp!

@knockblock, i don't remember what you posted either... i mean, i believe the atmosphere is always going to be a little different, so asking soompi to go back to how it was a few years ago probably won't happen. i think it's more about trying to make what we have today better. even if it's not the same, my belief is that the core of soompi has always remained the same, even today. but i do take your point that there are a lot of improvements that we could make.

Guest amyao

I can't create a new thread? >.< 
I am a new member, and I want to create a new thread in the Tech section. Is there a requirement I need to meet before I can start posting my own thread? 

Guest Fabiola1430291735

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this Site and I'm telling you that "I AM LOVING IT" ;) have a great day

Fabiola said: Hi Everyone! I'm new to this Site and I'm telling you that "I AM LOVING IT" ;) have a great day welcome! (there's another member with your username... this whole setup that vanilla has is a bit confusing...) T_T

amyao said: I can't create a new thread? >.< 
I am a new member, and I want to create a new thread in the Tech section. Is there a requirement I need to meet before I can start posting my own thread? 

@amyao you need to have at least five posts before you can create a thread. are you still not able to create a new thread?

Guest tianovak

Hi, everyone :)

I've been reading the board for quite a while and have just decided to register and start actively participating in discussions myself :)

Is there a way to automatically truncate or hide text in posts with long quotes just like this: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25148415/#Comment_25148415 o.o?

Eja said: Is there a way to automatically truncate or hide text in posts with long quotes just like this: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25148415/#Comment_25148415 o.o?
as i know, no. however, maybe it's just me, but the link you posted... the quote there doesn't actually look that long to me

@berrymonster, can you take a screenshot or describe the ad that plays this music? none of our ads should have any kind of sound, so we should report this.

I was editing a completed fanfic but I don't see 'completed fanfix' subcategory below 'fanfix' to park the completed fic. Not sure if anyone pointed it out before but I just realised. Maybe we have to pm the mods to move completed fics over every time we edit? Just curious if that's the case.

67784550.th.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived