Indie bands

Guest Requiem

Guest Alice

i'm not sure.... hot hot heat are from NZ aren't they? or i could be wrong...

LOL NZ :lol: I remember my friend talking about purchasing an imported album of their's from Canada..

We don't get popular indie bands at NZ -__- unless you like those random Maori 'rappers'. :crazy:

I like 自然卷, Hopscotch and Japanese indie bands ^^

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest petit_charat

i dunno where i got NZ from, honestly. i think i must have mis-read an artcle. isn't Scribe that rapper guy from NZ?

Guest prequality

Are you sure they're not just a local band?

I'm not terribly sure. Gaslight Radio might have an overseas following but I guessed that from the length of their discography. Still, I don't really see them played much on music video channels and I haven't really been hearing them on radio anyways. I could be wrong and possibly just tuned on the wrong wavelength...

Guest JungxYumi

I would like to add few more bands I like:

minipop

eisley

The fall of troy

zolof the rock and roll destroyer

mirah

minus the bear

the wildlife

pinback

q and not u

the mercury program

neon blonde

appleseed cast

jeniferever

Guest Alice

i dunno where i got NZ from, honestly. i think i must have mis-read an artcle. isn't Scribe that rapper guy from NZ?

Yea he is.. he used to be popular for a few weeks but died. Not literally.

Guest petit_charat

THE LIKE-- http://www.myspace.com/thelike

just foundout about them on myspace--

myspace is really good to look for bands---

a definite listen to band==

oooo, i know them! i first knew about them when i saw the video for 'June Gloom'. loved the tune and it was an all-chick band! doing somethign for girl rockers...!! :lol: they're a good band, highly recommended

Guest love.is.red

^yeah their songs are nice, but their shows would be quite boring to watch.

maybe now, i don't know but when i saw them with phantom planet over a year ago and nobody knew them, they were a good live show. their voices are nice and their songs weren't all so mellow and boring.

Guest hopelessxlove

The Scene Aesthetic.<3

Secondhand Serenade.<3

The Spill Canvas.

Daphne Loves Derby.

Straylight Run.

Plain White T's.

Sherwood.

The Academy Is.

The Format.

Thursday.

Bloc Party.

The Rocket Summer.

Circa Survive.

Thrice.

etc. .

indie is music released on an independant label, hence the word "indie" being the short term for independant...

its confusing when you list indie music because you can be getting mixed up with alternative music (which i what i do most of the time ._. )

must indie be its own genre?? cant it just fall under alternative, or whatever it really is? i was looking for death cab the other day at towers in the alternative section, but found it in indie instead (cuz then, i dint know what indie really was... ) but yeah..

since indie is "independant" as you say, is it possible that rap and hip hop artists can also be indie?? juss a thought that came to me.

btw, i guess these are indie (that i listen to):

-death cab for cutie

-she wants revenge

-the fray

Guest VersusVillain

must indie be its own genre?? cant it just fall under alternative, or whatever it really is? i was looking for death cab the other day at towers in the alternative section, but found it in indie instead (cuz then, i dint know what indie really was... ) but yeah..

since indie is "independant" as you say, is it possible that rap and hip hop artists can also be indie?? juss a thought that came to me.

Umm... YEAH? I'm so sick of people obsessing over indie music when they don't even know what it is. Indie= Independent. In order for a band to be independent, they have to be signed to an independent label, meaning no major coporate backing, which usually means the band is less popular/more obscure. Indie isn't a genre of it's own, any type of music can be indie.

Death Cab for Cutie may have once been indie, but they most certainly aren't anymore.

not really indies..not sure

currently listening to

the rakes

razorlight

lasse lindh

starlet

i know lasse lindh and starlet are indies..well they are from labrador...this independent label from sweden

club 8 from labrador is a very very popular indie band in sweden but not my taste

Guest petit_charat

well, it seems a lot of peopel are discovering indie music through MySpace or the internet, as its now a common advertising techinique. though, you can check out the local bands in ur area that are playing a few small gigs. they're usually indie or waiting to be signed to an indie label. support ur local artists!!!

the record store i go to doesn't even have an indie section cos all the indie artists are listed under alternative.....might be cos they can't be stuffed organising it properly or they don't have enough room...

Guest jumpkickingninja

japanese indies ftw?!!!?!?!?!!

bloodthirstybutchers

deadman

D

acidman

suneo hair

i think syrup16g is but iunno :phew:

dangit cant remember all of them :wacko:

Archived