Indie bands

Guest Requiem

Guest wee33

indie is music released on an independant label, hence the word "indie" being the short term for independant...

its confusing when you list indie music because you can be getting mixed up with alternative music (which i what i do most of the time ._. )

hurrah for arctic monkeys!

ohhhhhh! thanks for the little music education lol. indie... independant. there we go. yepppp arctic monkeys are really good.

is Hot Hot Heat still indie?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest petit_charat

yep, thats them. i dunno where i got NZ from...?!?!!?!

i first heard them when they shows the 'goodnight goodnight' video on Rage...

Guest bluecarrot

indie= independent

i figured this out too.. (on my own..seriously..it just came to me while i was sitting in the bus)

anywho... i think indie's bands aren't what the genre is..i think it classifies them by status ..like how far up the fame scale are they--right?

btw---hot hot heat's music is cool-- i like the 'IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE' song..its totally stuck in my head--- the accent just tops it off--

Guest crazylush

Regardless of what everyone argues to be Indie (pretty subjective imo, especially from a girl who grew up in the pacific NW)..

I will always love Bright Eyes & and anything with Jenny Lewis (w/Watson twins> Rilo Kiley)...regardless of their label.

The Perishers rock my boat too.

I wouldn't put the Faint in this category but they're awesome as well.

Death Cab lost their appeal for me after Transatlanticism...nothing after that has caught my eye. My 17 y/o brother whose ipod is saturated with only indie music, seems to one way define a band's level of "sell-outness" based on the venue they play at when they come into town. If its at a stadium concert with thousands of screaming people in seats...yea. He prefers to see bands that have small, intimate settings, standing room only, and so close I can see and feel Conor Oberst's sweat. hehe

Incidently, Death Cab just played with Franz Ferdinand in my city. Heard the concert was ok from a friend that went (most were there for FF rather than DC?) but from her pictures I see they have elaborate props/scenery on stage..wtf?

Guest petit_charat

wow, Pagoda are pretty awesome. they definitely have that distinct Nirvana sound. listening to 'Happy Song' now and i like it. love that raw kind of sound.....and vocals rock. for some reason, i keep thinking of 'lithium' by Nirvana when i hear it.....and gotta love that last little outro. nice.

wow, Pagoda are pretty awesome. they definitely have that distinct Nirvana sound. listening to 'Happy Song' now and i like it. love that raw kind of sound.....and vocals rock. for some reason, i keep thinking of 'lithium' by Nirvana when i hear it.....and gotta love that last little outro. nice.

i thought nirvana , too . i know michael pitt played a kurt cobain "inspired" character in that film , last days i think it was ? i wonder if one's related to the other ..

haha glad you liked them , then . :D always sucks when you're going on about a band for a bit and you FINALLY get someone to listen , and they go "this sucks" and they never talk to you again .... or whatevs x]

Guest petit_charat

michael pitt is that "kurt cobain" dude?! wow, didn't know that. i've heard of the film 'Last Days' and it was a sorta recount of kurt cobain's life leading up to the suicide.... and isn't michael pitt in that other film 'Thumbsucker'? or i could be thinking of another person.

yeah, thats happened to me before. most of my mates don't really listen to my kind of stuff, but they do like the odd tune now and then. i'm more open up to anything that sounds good, great beat and sometimes meaningful lyrics......

Guest prequality

I haven't really been digging into the indie scene but one of my favourites would have to be the Australian band Gaslight Radio. Not sure if they're indie but their stuff is really hard for me to get a hold of.

On that note, if anybody knows where to get their songs and albums, hit me up with a message or something.

Guest Camera

I haven't really been digging into the indie scene but one of my favourites would have to be the Australian band Gaslight Radio. Not sure if they're indie but their stuff is really hard for me to get a hold of.

On that note, if anybody knows where to get their songs and albums, hit me up with a message or something.

Are you sure they're not just a local band?

Guest VersusVillain

michael pitt is that "kurt cobain" dude?! wow, didn't know that. i've heard of the film 'Last Days' and it was a sorta recount of kurt cobain's life leading up to the suicide.... and isn't michael pitt in that other film 'Thumbsucker'? or i could be thinking of another person.

Heh, no. Michael Pitt wasn't in Thumbsucker. He did a great job playing the Kurt Cobain-inspired character in Last Days though. Great film, I recommend it to you all. They have the music video for Happy Song by Pagoda on the DVD of it too. It's a good song.

Guest petit_charat

i've noticed a lot of biopics are being made nowadays. you have 'Last Days' which is about kurt cobain and there i gonna be on about David Chapman, the guy who shot John Lennon and i think Mike Myers is going to play Keith Moon in the biopic about 'The Who' drummer.

Guest heartwreckss

daphne.

death cab.

bright eyes.

sherwood.

the scene aesthetic.

walking ashland.

tegan and sara.

stars.

gatsby's american dream.

the early november.

straylight run.

dashboard.

desperado revenge.

sorry about the fire.

feeling left out.

electric president.

copeland.

augustana.

cartel.

the spill canvas.

amen!

i don't really like bright eyes or dashboard,

but i love most of the rest.

applause, applause.

some of these aren't indie, but it's good stuff.

caffeine.

cute is what we aim for.

head automatica<3

hellogoodbye.

houston calls<3

jack's mannequin.

mae.

the postal service.

onelinedrawing.

muse.

plain white t's.

play radio play.