[movie 2005] Mr. Socrates 미스터 소크라테스

Guest klaritia

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thkss Phoebe ~~ for the info on the Greek philosopher Socrates ~~ so... hes a firm believer on virtues, am I right? :P

then why Rae Won's role, who becomes a cop later, who holds that "Bad Laws are laws" is being called "Mr. Socrates"?

I've been thinking how is Ku Dong Hyok associated with the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates???

Socrates was well known for engaging people in public deputations over things like the nature of virtue. He would ask people to explain a concept, point out flaws that would force them to alter their answer, and continue like this until the person either came up with a solid explanation or admit that they really don’t understand the concept. There're many so called "Socrates' Paradox". He have stated: "One thing I know is that I know nothing."

According to Socrates, no one errs intentionally. This means that whenever we do something wrong - including something morally wrong - it is out of ignorance rather than evil. In his ethical perspective he added another crucial idea known as eudaemonism, according to which the good life is the happy life.

Socrates was charged with impiety and corrupting the youth, found guilty by a margin of 30 votes out of the 501 jurors, and sentenced to death. Socrates was an opponent of democracy in Athens and was closely connected with the Thirty Tyrants installed by Sparta after Athens lost the recent war. He was ordered to drink hemlock, a poison, and refused to let his friends bribe the guards so he could escape because he believed strongly in the principle of law — even bad laws.

I figured that in the movie "Mr. Socrates", Ku Dong Hyok might end up going through an unjustified treatment because of his wild, unruly life before. The first trailer of the movie with the Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata really brings the pathetic kind of feeling about him. (By the way, the second trailer, however, is super exciting with fast pace.) I wanted to see the movie badly to solve the puzzle in my mind.

I've been thinking how is Ku Dong Hyok associated with the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates???

Socrates was well known for engaging people in public deputations over things like the nature of virtue. He would ask people to explain a concept, point out flaws that would force them to alter their answer, and continue like this until the person either came up with a solid explanation or admit that they really don’t understand the concept. There're many so called "Socrates' Paradox". He have stated: "One thing I know is that I know nothing."

According to Socrates, no one errs intentionally. This means that whenever we do something wrong - including something morally wrong - it is out of ignorance rather than evil. In his ethical perspective he added another crucial idea known as eudaemonism, according to which the good life is the happy life.

Socrates was charged with impiety and corrupting the youth, found guilty by a margin of 30 votes out of the 501 jurors, and sentenced to death. Socrates was an opponent of democracy in Athens and was closely connected with the Thirty Tyrants installed by Sparta after Athens lost the recent war. He was ordered to drink hemlock, a poison, and refused to let his friends bribe the guards so he could escape because he believed strongly in the principle of law — even bad laws.

I figured that in the movie "Mr. Socrates", Ku Dong Hyok might end up going through an unjustified treatment because of his wild, unruly life before. The first trailer of the movie with the Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata really brings the pathetic kind of feeling about him. (By the way, the second trailer, however, is super exciting with fast pace.) I wanted to see the movie badly to solve the puzzle in my mind.

AWw~~ akie ~~ ^____^ Welcome to the thread ~~

& Thankss soo much for the detailed explanation ~~ B) It did clear up some of the puzzles I have had.

O.... I hope Rae Wons' role --- Ku Dong-Hyuk --- wouldnt end up tragicly like Socrates..... >< :( :(

Guest klaritia

"Mr. Socrates" movie trailer version 2 is out>>>

1. visit the official website: http://www.mrsocrates.co.kr/

click to multimedia, then click trailer...

or these are 2 wmv files from other sources

2. fr http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=41074

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/trailer/2005/10/mr.socrates_tr_700k.wmv

3. fr kr-yahoo

mms://wms07.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/10/mr.socrates_tr_700k.wmv

I got super excited after seeing this updated movie trailer B)

Guest klaritia

Fr fanmir, message from Blue Dragon (KRW's agent):

[블루드래곤입니다!!] 김래원 OST노래 부르다..^^

안녕하세요?

미르 가족 여러분...

개봉 일정이 11월10일로 정해진 가운데 이제는

홍보로 점차 바빠지는 하루하루네요..

이번 영화 "미스터 소크라테스"에서는

직접 래원씨가 삽입곡을 불렀습니다..지난 토요일날 녹음을 했는데요..

정말 궁금하시죠..근데 기대하셔도 좋을듯...^^

녹음 장면은 26일 섹션과 엠넷을 통해 방송 예정입니다..

놓치지 마시구요..오늘은 영화 홍보 인터뷰 중이랍니다..

스크린,프리미어등..앞으로 대박 행진을 위하여..

다같이 화이팅...외치죠...

미스터 소크라테스 화이팅!!!

미르 식구들 늘 건강하세요..^^

Let me tell you the most important piece of info of the message:

- Kim Rae Won is singing for the OST of "Mr. Socrates"^0^)))

- Just 1 of the songs, but not the main title

- Recording has been done last Saturday, the video will be shown on Oct 26 in MBC entertainment news

^^big thanks to hyu & inccoyshao of raewon island

Guest XTINE__

looks like a good movie!

it's cool that he's experimenting with different roles, and straying away for the sweet, boy next door type of role

안녕하세요?

미르 가족 여러분...

개봉 일정이 11월10일로 정해진 가운데 이제는

홍보로 점차 바빠지는 하루하루네요..

이번 영화 "미스터 소크라테스"에서는

직접 래원씨가 삽입곡을 불렀습니다..지난 토요일날 녹음을 했는데요..

정말 궁금하시죠..근데 기대하셔도 좋을듯...^^

녹음 장면은 26일 섹션과 엠넷을 통해 방송 예정입니다..

놓치지 마시구요..오늘은 영화 홍보 인터뷰 중이랍니다..

스크린,프리미어등..앞으로 대박 행진을 위하여..

다같이 화이팅...외치죠...

미스터 소크라테스 화이팅!!!

미르 식구들 늘 건강하세요..^^

- Recording has been done last Saturday, the video will be shown on Oct 26 in MBC entertainment news

ahahaha.... yeah... Phoebe ~~~ Rae Won really sings for the movie ~~~ 6bb6072f.gif

see... he looks real coollll in the recording studio arr ~~~ B):wub::D

CAN'T WAIT FOR 10/26 MBC REPORT & TO HEAR HIM SING )))))) ~~~~ :lol:

26885ae8.jpga56101a3.gif

fr: fanmir

:D

re-post more July Press Conference + on location pics ----- COOL ~~~~~ B) B)

Rae Won + 3 other cool casts + the director ( on the most left ) :D

559492a8.jpg

49addf2f.jpg

830906a3.jpg

669d3eac.jpg

2d254025.jpg

01ffded9.jpg

9696168b.jpg

B) B) B)

2e38e701.jpg

d26acd7f.jpg

77e50115.jpg

here 2 nice, bigger in-the-studio pics ----- Rae Won juz has the song recorded last Saturday ~~;)

COOL~~ B) Cant wait to hear it ~~~ :D

bab8aa15.jpg

9ef1686a.jpg

fr: fanmir

Guest XTINE__

o0o0o0o thanks for posting the pics everyone!

wow, his arms are so buff. that's sexy ahaha. gosh, he's so adorable, love his smile.

Guest klaritia

2005/10/18 喜滿你新聞 (China)

Movie Star Kim Rae Won Became Singer Temporarily

159417_1_small.jpg

Recently, Kim Rae Won recorded the main song, titled “Sorry, Love”, of his new movie “Mr. Socrates” at a studio in 京畿 (place name).

The song “Sorry, Love” has a slow tempo. The work this time is so different from acting. KRW has to grasp well the complicated feelings of the song; his singing skills are greatly challenged.

KRW revealed during the recording that he thought he’s the one who knows the leading role best other than the Director, so he asked to sing the main title song. But he then added that the recording was much harder to do than practicing in the practice room, he’s got to pour in all the feelings. He finally understands that not everyone can be a singer and he thinks he properly can’t do that again.

Contrarily, the production team is very positive about KRW’s singing skills. A spokesperson says that the music director is very satisfied with the recording and the crew was surprised by his abilities.

“Mr. Socrates” will be shown on Nov 10.

http://krent.xicn.net/item/2005/10/18/159417.html

Korean news article the above is referring to:

http://news.hanafos.com/entertainment/view...d=1549459&c1=02

Other related online news articles, Korean & Japanese:

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...106&menu_id=106

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...106&menu_id=106

http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...d=6&ai_id=49286

http://news.media.daum.net/snews/entertain.../v10500270.html

credits to hyu, shriley9190 & superpp of raewon island :)

Guest obbsaran

559492a8.jpg

do you guys think the 3 dudes on the right kinda a bit look alike... ? ^.^^

heya... Oppah looks the handsomest, hottest! :wub:

TQ TQ middy, pchoi, jo for all the pix, KooL!!

whoaah! Oppah sings!!! :D can't wait!!

Archived