• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2011 KBS Drama Awards

WINNERS LIST

Daesang: Shin Ha-kyun (Brain)

Top Excellence:

Actor: Park Shi-hoo (The Princess’s Man)

Actress: Moon Chae-won (The Princess’s Man)

Excellence Awards:

Daily Drama, Actor: Ji Chang-wook (Smile Dong Hae)

Daily Drama, Actress: Do Ji-won (Smile Dong Hae)

Miniseries, Actor: Jung Jin-young (Brain), Daniel Choi (Baby-Faced Beauty)

Miniseries, Actress: Jang Nara (Baby-Faced Beauty)

Mid-length Drama, Actor: Chun Jung-myung (Man of Honor)

Mid-length Drama, Actress: Hong Soo-hyun (The Princess’s Man)

Serial Drama, Actor: Lee Tae-gon (King Gwanggaeto)

Serial Drama, Actress: Kim Ja-ok (Ojakkyo Brothers)

Supporting Actor: Jung Woong-in (Ojakkyo Brothers, King Geunchogo)

Supporting Actress: Park Jung-ah (Smile Dong Hae, Only You), Lee Yoon-ji (Dream High)

Newcomer Award, Actor: Kim Soo-hyun (Dream High), Lee Jang-woo (Man of Honor), Joo-won (Ojakkyo Brothers)

Newcomer Award, Actress: Bae Suzy (Dream High), UEE (Ojakkyo Brothers)

Netizens’ Award: Shin Ha-kyun (Brain), Choi Jung-won (Brain)

Popularity Award: Park Shi-hoo (The Princess’s Man), Kim Soo-hyun (Dream High), Moon Chae-won (The Princess’s Man), Han Hye-jin (Thorn Birds)

One-Act Special, Actor: Choi Su-jong (For My Son), Lee Hee-joon (Cupid Factory, Identical Criminals, Perfect Spy)

One-Act Special, Actress: Han Eun-jung (400 Year Dream), Eugene  (Princess Hwa-pyung’s Weight Loss)

Youth Actor: Park Hee-gun (Ojakkyo Brothers), Kim Hwan-hee (Believe in Love, The Houseguest and Mother, Only You)

Best Couple:

Park Shi-hoo & Moon Chae-won (The Princess’s Man),

Ryu Soo-young & Choi Jung-yoon (Ojakkyo Brothers),

Kim Soo-hyun & Bae Suzy (Dream High),

Lee Min-woo & Hong Soo-hyun (The Princess’s Man),

Shin Ha-kyun & Choi Jung-won (Brain)

Writer Award: Lee Jung-sun (Ojakkyo Brothers)

Thanks to Dramabeans.

• 2 years later...

@cynkdf  and @Felicia Soh..Thank you so much for the recommendation of "Yeon Woo's Summer"!  I liked it, and I loved her performance.

This is the 2nd time I have seen Han Ye-Ri  (First was in Commitment) and I want to see more with her.  Actually, in Commitment, I liked her part the best.

I have been looking forward to seeing "Dear Dolphin" with her, but it has not come to our shores yet...

BTW, Regarding "Memories in my Wallet", I initially watched it for Ryoo Soo-Young.   I have only seen Nam Bo-Ra before as Kim Nam-Gil's little sister in Shark.

@irilight, glad to hear you enjoyed Han Ye Ri's performance in "Yeon Woo's Summer".  Hope to see her in a K-drama soon but she seems to prefer movie projects.
This Sunday's KBS Special stars Bae Soo Bin and Lee Yoon Ji:
http://www.hancinema.net/upcoming-korean-drama-drama-special--love-like-that-67871.html

@irilight, I'll try to watch via live streaming this Sunday - although not understanding Korean, it will be a case of my just taking the chance to watch BSB on the small screen without understanding what the show is about  :)
Meanwhile, here's more info about the drama special, thanks to the KBS drama special site:
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/thedrama/intro/drama1404/index02.html

@cynkdf...ahhhh..you watched it live from Korea!

I thought that KBSW would show it at the same time..clearly they did not.. Let's make a request for it on KBS World. Thank you for the additional info.. I will look it over...

There is a drama special on KBS World in about 7 hrs.  (14:00 KST) but they don't tell us in advance which one it is.

Felicia Soh said:
@irilight, if I am not mistaken, KBS Channel @ Youtube will only upload their programmes after KBSW has completed its airing time with English subtitles.

Btw, I've heard of Kim Go-eun but I haven't seen the movie yet....hope to watch "A Muse" if I can get a copy of the movie.  She's a new gem in the movie world and if you are interested, there's a thread in Soompi for her upcoming movie, "Memories of the Sword".

Thanks @cynkdf for appreciating my post – I am always happy to share my views and of course, I don’t expect everyone to agree with me.

I am not sure whether those who were cast for DS are considered “under-rated or un-sung” actors because most of them (I think) are cast based on their talent and their “availability” which actually could mean they have no potential casting offer at the time DS script is being offered to them.  Afterall, this is just a one-act play and time commitment is short ….and it’s just perfect while waiting for the next project.   Anyway, you GAIN….from $creen time.  I would say most of those actors who were cast in DS roles have a wide range of acting talent  and has many years of acting experience and some hardly appear on small screen like Han Ye-ri who chose to focus on films.  Perhaps, those who are considered “under-rated or un-sung” actors are those who are still unknown and has yet to breakthrough the competitive market but has shown great potential.  Afterall, all rookie actors need to audition for a role and most agencies may choose a short drama to debut their actors hoping they will get the exposure and recognition in the drama-world.  I think only A-list actors are offered roles without going for an audition unless they want to break into Hollywood.    

Having said that, most idol singers make their entrance in acting field through sit-com, short drama, special appearances and I’ve noticed some of them were cast in a special segment catered for young couples in KBS “Love and War”.  Last year, BOA chose her acting debut in KBS Drama Special and from there, her breakthrough came ….non-stop….she has since appeared in a Korean film and I think she is heading to Hollywood now. 

Some actors continue their projects under the same TV station for a long period of time because once they wrapped up a project, they jump straight to another one and another one (sometimes) without any breaks in between. Take Kwak Dong-yeon for example, he must be one of KBS most-wanted actors – first seen him in KBS Weekend drama, “My Husband Got A Family” (2012) as one of the supporting actors and then join KBS DS, “Medley of Puberty” (2013) as main lead and then transformed himself as a street fighter, playing Kim Hyun-joong’s teenage role in “Inspiring Generation” (2014) and now back to another KBS DS project, a male lead role in “Junior High Girl A” (2014).  On top of his acting career, this up and coming young man is also known for his musical talent.  Can’t wait for him to break out in a much bigger, and entirely grown-up roles.

@cynkdf, I know who you are referring to :  Jung Soo-yeong, right? who played HJE’s soul-mate in Secret.  She is constantly on TV (and has appeared few times for DS), maybe one of the busiest supporting actresses around. She had been given an array of supporting characters you’ll either want to cuddle or smack in the face – like in Secret. Abundance of talent – no doubt about it.  Perhaps, one day we may get a chance to see her in a leading role….err….in a movie, similar to Pieta (where the main focus of the storyline revolves around a female role). That’ll be an absolute treat.

P.S  This will be my last comment related to Drama Special…..will move to the DS thread for any further or future comment unless solely related to BSB. I apologize to all BSB fans.  

@irilight, thanks for the heads up about the KBS Drama Special being aired today. KBS World TV just tweeted that the drama to be shown is "I'm Dying Soon" and I'd be watching it because of Kim Seul Gi  - haven't seen her dramas but read good things about her acting (eg in Flower Boy Next Door, she was the webtoon company's manager)

@cynkdf.. really?  That DS has already been shown and posted by KBS..

I still need to see it, though

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"I'm Dying Soon | 나 곧 죽어 (Drama Special / 2014.04.04)

Thank you @cynkdf and @irilight for all the great update in this thread.

I have recorded the latest DS aired through KBSW (I'm Dying Soon) - can't wait to see Oh Jeong-se (he is another one of those film actors who is not often seen on TV.....he was so hilarious in "Marry Him If You Dare" - also from KBS).  Kim Seul-gi (think she is one of those under-rated actresses) has been around but mostly as supporting roles - I think I've only seen her in KBS DS, The Wedding Planner. Err....maybe I've missed seeing her in other dramas...but now I am interested in her because of her name, "Seul-gi"....hehehe!! If you watch 1D2N, you'll understand why I am so hyped over her name.

Here's a brief synopsis of the "I'm Dying Soon" - Credit : koreaobserver

I’m Dying Soon | 나 곧 죽어 (Drama Special / 2014.04.04)

[Drama Special : I'm Dying Soon | 나 곧 죽어]
- Cast : Oh Jeongse, Kim Seulgi, Kim Jihyun
- Synopsis : Ujin is 35 years old and his life is filled with failures. After studying for bar and civil service exams for 10 years, he ends up working at a medium-sized company. He gets rejected by Gayeon, a fellow colleague and the only person interested in him is Sarang from the accounting department. He suddenly gets a stomachache and he ends up going to the hospital. Then he gets diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. He decides to put things to an end by taking out all his savings and living extravagantly. Will his last journey in this world be sensitive and romantic as he wants it to be?

@irilight - a thank-you note has been sent to you through PM.  FYI, KBSW just uploaded Ruby Ring (RR was aired last year but it was not concurrently being shown @ KBSW) because it is currently being aired with English Subs.  If I am not mistaken KBSW Channel @ Youtube is mainly focusing (with English subtitles) on popular dramas and variety shows that KBSW has picked up  (not all variety shows are being aired through KBSW).  KBSW have just recently added Golden Bell Challenge and Full House and I believe Mama Mia will be replaced by a new variety show, "Million Seller" or "I am a Man". 

If you are interested to know which drama will be scheduled to air through KBS (Korea) and KBSW, here's the schedule :

Airing Date            Airing Date                Drama Special – Title

Korea                      KBSW

2014-03-16            2014-04-04               I’m Dying Soon

2014-03-23            2014-04-11               Why I’m Getting Married

2014-03-30            2014-04-18               Monster

2014-04-06            2014-04-25               2 Junior High School Student                                                                         (Starring : Kwak Dong-yeon, Lee Yeol-eum)

2014-04-13            2014-05-02               Love Like That

(Starring : Bae Soo-bin & Lee Yoon-ji)

2014-04-27           * 2014-                       Climb the Skywalls

(Starring : ZE.A Dongjun & Kim Bora)

2014-                     2014-05-30                Youth (Formerly known as 18 years old)

(Starring : Seo Young-joo & Choi Min-sung)

2014-05-18            2014-06-06                Illegal Parking

(Starring : Ohn Joo-wan & Kim Sang-ho)

2014-05-25            2014-06-13                A Dreaming Man

(Starring : Yang Jin-woo & Yoon Se-ah)

2014-06-01            2014-06-20                Pitch-black Darkness

(Starring : Kwak Jung-wook & Danny Ahn)

2014-06-08            2014-06-27                Bora's Room

(Starring : Shim Hyung-tak & Lee Young-ah)

2014-06-                2014                          Different Cries

(Starring : Kim So-hyun, Son Seung-won)

Note : The upcoming DS airing through KBSW may not be accurate in view of the recent cancellation (Sewol tragedy) in Korea.

EDIT : Please note that the airing day through KBSW should be on every FRIDAY.  Time of Airing (Friday) : 9.50pm (KST) and repeat on the following Saturday at 4.10am (KST).

Last Edited : 14th June 2014

Huge thanks to @conankung for her contribution in providing the latest list of DS. Thanks @irilight for updating all the rescheduling of airing date.

Archived