[drama 2007] Winter Bird 겨울새

Guest Soy

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest curly carrot

I have been hanging around reading the posts but not adding anything to the discussion and I realized I hadn't posted a big thank you to Dramaok for posting the summaries. Thank you Thank you...I, too, have continued to watch just because of LTG and am just as frustrated with Mz Kang, wimpy boy who tries but fails to act like a man, and Ms. Jeong. I tend to be more forgiving of YE since she is acting in accord with her background and life experience...but enough now, get with the man that truly knows how to care and love you and be done with it. And HJ, you know you want that ex-boss so now is the time to surrender

Episode 40 and preview.

Mz. Kang attempts suicide!! I actually felt a little sorry for her as she was crying and thought about her memories with her son...and then I remembered she was batshit crazy and that flew out the window. The next episode looks very promising. YE tries to reason with Mz. Kang and says she'll try harder but Mz. Kang just throws her hospital plate at her, haha. KW tells YE that they should get a divorce because YE can live without him but his mother can't live without KW. He starts crying in front of Mz. Kang and tells her he's decided to divorce YE, and I'm not sure if that was a look of sympathy or joy from Mz. Kang...but we'll see.

And that bubbly girl who is trying to go out with DH is really annoying, and the fact that she is Mini's friend doesn't make it any better.

I don't see any LQ version of ep 38 and 39 in clubbox (hesung59 and godlove3494) so far. I can't access beautiful7979 anymore. Seems like you need some special password for it (sorry, don't read Korean). HQ version have been uploaded on VEOH.

So, if you want to watch ep 38 and 39, check VEOH.

Episode 40 and preview.

Mz. Kang attempts suicide!! I actually felt a little sorry for her as she was crying and thought about her memories with her son...and then I remembered she was batshit crazy and that flew out the window. The next episode looks very promising. YE tries to reason with Mz. Kang and says she'll try harder but Mz. Kang just throws her hospital plate at her, haha. KW tells YE that they should get a divorce because YE can live without him but his mother can't live without KW. He starts crying in front of Mz. Kang and tells her he's decided to divorce YE, and I'm not sure if that was a look of sympathy or joy from Mz. Kang...but we'll see.

And that bubbly girl who is trying to go out with DH is really annoying, and the fact that she is Mini's friend doesn't make it any better.

Thank you cocoa! I hope KW follows through with his decision moreover I hope YE don't make a move without her son. Just as Ms Kang can not live without her son I hope YE realizes that she too can not live without her son! (it's hard to tell what YE will do since they made her character relatively dumb .... no I should say stupid especially when she gave up her son to those crazy folks. Let's hope she doesn't abandon him once more!)

Episode 40 and preview.

o my , that is a real spoiler. I saw the first few words and quicky closed the window, as I am quite a few eps behind and don't want to be spoiled.

Episode 40 and preview.

Thanks for the spoiler...I felt bittersweet about it...I hope YE makes the best decision

WB will be ending in 2 weeks (if I'm right) since the next drama that will replace this, Last Scandal will air on March 8...we have 4 episodes to go...hopefully we'll get a good ending for YE at least

I've just seen Episode 41...

DH decides to marry YE and he brings to meet his family to their surprise as well...though YE is still hesitant and does not want to complicate things further,and of course Mz. Jeong doesn't approve of this though it was cute to see DH accompanying YE and her son to shop for toys, they're like one happy family ^ ^

Thanks koala and cocoa for the recaps. Really appreciate the sharing.. even when it seems so lonely at Winter Bird, huh.. but.. the upcoming episodes look much better than the usual fare we've been seeing.

Kinda drastic though.. the KW turnaround.. of course, initiated by Mz. Kang's drastic measures.

So, one hurdle down.. another one with the Jeongs waiting for them.

Guest xXeunhaexP

I've just seen Episode 41...

DH decides to marry YE and he brings to meet his family to their surprise as well...though YE is still hesitant and does not want to complicate things further,and of course Mz. Jeong doesn't approve of this though it was cute to see DH accompanying YE and her son to shop for toys, they're like one happy family ^ ^

wow thanks for the summary....

it's so weird though.... like everything is turning out to be a kinda happy ending? well at least with DH and YE? that was really sudden.

but isn't this drama going to go to 50 episodes?

it's so weird though.... like everything is turning out to be a kinda happy ending? well at least with DH and YE? that was really sudden.

but isn't this drama going to go to 50 episodes?

I agree.. a bit weird, huh..

a sudden turnaround.. KW was supposedly so attached to YE that he goes crazy looking for her before and Mz.Kang needed YE/baby for monetary gains. Did her plan suddenly backfires?

Hmm.. in another 9 episodes (supposing it ends at 50).. wonder what can happen? A bigger "drama" at the Jeong's household? :unsure:

The baby looks much bigger. How much time has pass?

Also, I am glad the series is turning around. Watching this series made me seriously question myself. :ph34r: But what can I say, I am a die hard for a good romantic ending :sweatingbullets: At least that is what I hope will happens!

Guest AlecRuby

how long is this drama? i heard that it was daily or something and that ratings were excellent in the morning, is that true? isn't hwang jung eum in here? is she good?

Guest xXeunhaexP

I agree.. a bit weird, huh..

a sudden turnaround.. KW was supposedly so attached to YE that he goes crazy looking for her before and Mz.Kang needed YE/baby for monetary gains. Did her plan suddenly backfires?

Hmm.. in another 9 episodes (supposing it ends at 50).. wonder what can happen? A bigger "drama" at the Jeong's household? :unsure:

oh i didn't watch it yet..i just read the spoliers...lol. but yeahh it does seem weird

i'm not sure when this drama ends, but from what i remember i think it was 50 episodes...but i'm not sure. it's just taht if it is a happy ending, it's happening really fast because usually the last episode is the happy one. haha. ohh i don't know. i just can't wait to see DH's confessions :)

how long is this drama? i heard that it was daily or something and that ratings were excellent in the morning, is that true? isn't hwang jung eum in here? is she good?

Hi AlecRuby, welcome to Winter Bird. It's initially a 60-episode series but was cut down to 50 episodes but we're not sure if it will end exactly at 50 or perhaps, even sooner. Winter Bird is actually a weekend drama (Sat & Sun primetime) and the ratings have been quite ok. It was low in the first 10 episodes and slowly picked up but not as much as the other dramas.

Hwang Jung Eum played a role in the beginning of the series but halfway through, her character had been adjusted so that she no longer appears. :mellow:

oh i didn't watch it yet..i just read the spoliers...lol. but yeahh it does seem weird

i'm not sure when this drama ends, but from what i remember i think it was 50 episodes...but i'm not sure. it's just taht if it is a happy ending, it's happening really fast because usually the last episode is the happy one. haha. ohh i don't know. i just can't wait to see DH's confessions :)

Hi xXeunhaexP, actually I haven't watched it either.. :blush: .. just can't take the Mz.Kang-KW crying combo anymore. :sweatingbullets: And it did seem like a dead-end for DH and YE then..

I think we've seen and heard DH's confession for quite a bit :blush: .. (even to the shock & objection of his parents).. the one we have yet to hear, is from YE. Numerous times, she had turned him down & pushed him away.. due to circumstances.

Guest steph92586

Hi AlecRuby, welcome to Winter Bird. It's initially a 60-episode series but was cut down to 50 episodes but we're not sure if it will end exactly at 50 or perhaps, even sooner. Winter Bird is actually a weekend drama (Sat & Sun primetime) and the ratings have been quite ok. It was low in the first 10 episodes and slowly picked up but not as much as the other dramas.

Hwang Jung Eum played a role in the beginning of the series but halfway through, her character had been adjusted so that she no longer appears. :mellow:

Hi xXeunhaexP, actually I haven't watched it either.. :blush: .. just can't take the Mz.Kang-KW crying combo anymore. :sweatingbullets: And it did seem like a dead-end for DH and YE then..

I think we've seen and heard DH's confession for quite a bit :blush: .. (even to the shock & objection of his parents).. the one we have yet to hear, is from YE. Numerous times, she had turned him down & pushed him away.. due to circumstances.

Has anyone talked about the possibility that DH is the real father of the baby? Didn't he and YE spend the night together at that beach house once?

Has anyone talked about the possibility that DH is the real father of the baby? Didn't he and YE spend the night together at that beach house once?

We wished it could be DH's but the night at the beach house was a long time before YE even got married. Besides, YE isn't the person who'd give herself to DH (due to the same reason not accepting his love) and DH isn't the person who'd seduces YE.. even though we wanted him to. :blush: Unless.. you're saying that there was another time they had actually spent a night together. :unsure: There was a scene earlier that DH had met up with YE at his hotel room, urging her to run away together but YE had always been consistent in turning DH down.. again due to their 'family' background.

YE was furious when Mz.Kang accused her of having an affair with DH, hence the baby but it's only her excuse to spite the wife of her son when she found out why the Jeongs had been so eager to marry her off.

Archived