So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest sara62

Thank you so much for translating the interview dear @damifino. Being a translator myself, I know how hard and time-consuming it is. Thank you for sharing your love for our So Ji Sub with us.
:x :x :x

Guest sara62

I can't help but admiring him more and more. His words are very meaningful and his thoughts are deep. I've never seen an actor in his level to be this humble. He knows what to do, what to think, what to say. His every single word carries its own meaning. He seems to be of those who don't talk before thinking about it carefully.

His lines kill me. God, he's admirable.

"If your behavior changes because you are afraid of the camera, it becomes too miserable of a life." That's what I don't like about most of the celebrities. They change based on the situation. But he 's NOT like that.

"The scariest thing for me is when my acting doesn't come across the way I want it to.  It's most difficult when I can't control my acting."
Impressive. Just how many of them out there are worried about their acting. But he is different.

"This profession of being an actor, there has to be someone looking for you in order for you to work so you have to sustain a certain level of interest.  That's how I can keep doing what I love, acting.  It's hard to maintain that line [where there is a certain level interest, but not too much interest].
" Just sooooooooo realistic attitude. Wow.wow.

"I feel that when you are trying to wrap yourself tight, you have to be completely wrapped up, but when you are trying to loosen up, you have to completely loosen up. Frankly, if I were trying to put up a front as an actor and tried to appear cool even when going on a variety show, it would probably have been better not to go on at all."

Somebody helps me. I'm dying of admiring him here. He's killing me.

:x :x :x :x

Hugs for you again @damifino

hello♡ .. sorry but i realy like this pic ..if  mr sexy scowl is my neighbor  i probly take drastic measures to get his attention like steal his mail so i can bring it over and say that i got it by mistake  ^^
tumblr_n2u72tXrVL1qcqqgto1_500.jpg

cr  weibo@june0711

@damifino Thank you SO MUCH for the translations! ! He's very honest in his interviews, as always.[...]SJS:  Basically, I'm of the belief that there is no person who treats you well without a reason.  So I prefer cool relations. If there is something to give, give it, if there is something to receive, accept it. Situations where both sides are ambiguously looking at the other's reaction to decide what to do next appears distasteful. I think that is a more clear relationship in this day and age.  On the other hand, long relationships where you don't have to measure what you've gained and what you lost seems more precious.

Interviewer: Don't celebrities form cliques amongst themselves and help each other out and such? Doesn't one need that kind of a friendly relationship?
SJS:  I don't like it.  First of all, I'm of the personality that doesn't form friendships easily and these days I don't have anyone that I want to become particularly close to. There's a difference between a close person and a really close person. I have quite a lot of people that are close.  But I don't have very many people I'm really close to and I think it will be that way in the future. But for me, that's plenty.

reyko said: hello♡ .. sorry but i realy like this pic ..if  mr sexy scowl is my neighbor  i probly take drastic measures to get his attention like steal his mail so i can bring it over and say that i got it by mistake  ^^
cr  weibo@june0711

Guest olang

Thank you @damifino for taking the time to translate the interview.

There's more to SJS than meets the eye. In today's world, we are often told to look or act a certain way. If we differ from these "standards", we are often judged and ridiculed. I hope this interview will open up lines of communication and to help everyone accept diversity with an open mind and heart. Expressing himself through speech is not something So Ji Sub is particularly good at, but I find his offbeat personality very endearing. He likes being alone but don't worry he is not lonely. Solitude is a choice not an impediment.

@sara62‌, I just wanted to thank you for posting that 2008 birthday clip. I've seen it before, some time ago and I loved it. Now I love it all over again. He's so sweet to his fans in his typical unassuming way, I love how intimate the event was, and how he interacted with them. And when he cried, I could really feel his emotions. What makes him so beautiful is not only that he is so beautiful physically but he also has a beautiful heart. Putting himself out there for his fans like that, when we all know he would much rather keep to himself - he just has a great big heart. I really sincerely hope he finds love soon and can share his life with someone he can truly love and make him happy.

Guest damifino

sara62 said: Regarding SMA, she is very beautiful but must lack one of the things mentioned. That might be why we still haven't seen her in a high quality work (MGIAG was very good though).

Guest damifino

This is a clip of SSH winning the MBC Drama Awards Daesang in 2008.  SJS made a surprise appearance (he wasn't at the rest of the awards show, just showed up to give SSH flowers).  It's around 1:21 into the video.  The girls in the front row are only paying attention to SJS, not the awards presentation going on stage LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p-j6OtU3Xw

SSH has a new movie coming out this May.  Hopefully, we'll get to see SJS as one of the attendees at the VIP premier.

@damifino.... thank you so much for your translated version of SJS interview this month. It was very informative indeed. SJS continues to be intriguing and interesting, and I guess he is right in that he is different from other actors, that is probably what keeps his adoring fans appreciating him more...sigh!
Being in the public eye must surely be a challenge, at times a hindrance I guess, because your every move is being assessed and evaluated, so an actor would need to have a personality that can withstand and remain undamaged in a sense to still lead and live a comfortable and enjoyable life. "Your personal life has to be exemplary"... The status of being an actor, a "top celebrity star" itself will probably face more assertions than usual yet SJS appears to take it all in his stride "the environment that surrounds me has changed a lot.It has become better", which I guess should allow him more freedom less constraint, and yet our SJS continues to be so hard on himself, always thinking about the next challenge, which I guess makes him stand out from the rest as he continues to "sustain a certain level of interest" and "I dont think that the person that is SJS has changed a lot"...which is why his adoring fans continue to support his individuality and his charm....sigh!

SJS is making more compromises now and has become more relaxed in a sense I guess. SJS continues to remain humble, sincere and as @Olang suggested, presents more "than meets the eye". Just being able to "express himself through speech" now is amazing. All we want is for SJS to be happy, healthy, find someone to love deeply and wholeheartedly, successful and live life to the full...with no regrets!...absolutely! 

SJS continues to intrigue and keep me interested. The foundation from which SJS came from, his humble beginnings, his vagrant and casual approach to making money, his choice of lifestyle living in solitude, his reflection on life, his insight to the future, his likes and dislikes....sigh! .....to accepting his pathway, working hard and continously challenging himself always...WOW, such an amazing individual absolutely. SJS has such an amazing soul, with a big heart and that is why he does so much for his fans, beautiful absolutely....sigh!
Thank you @damifino and @olang for exciting us with this new insight into our SJS, something to talk about, something to ponder and embrace our SJS about....hmmmm...."Solitude is a Choice, not an Impediment"....thank you @olang...I like that thought, absolutely..!!!
@EVERYONE FIGHTING!!!
:-? :-? :)>-