So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest sara62

littlekoala

said: I think I read it rather too late, but the discussion of compatible or desired actress for

SJS's next role was quite interesting

:)

Sorry, I rambled too much ^:)^

Guest sara62

Writing about this man and how he inspires me to write again is heartwarming. Sometimes I wonder how fascinating the connection between him and his fans is. As if that red thread is present between us (he and us fans). Different minds, different backgrounds, cultures,languages become one through their love for him and in a second you find millions of people feeling grateful just for his mere presence. And he's so kind to those hearts. He smiles, waves his hand and looks at them with eyes filled with affection. He even gets teary-eyed witnessing their overflowing love. So as this love makes him feel a heavier burden on his shoulders, he tries with his everything to not disappoint them. To repay them with his hard work. Just a glance at him when he's with his fans. He shares his love with his every single handshake, every single smile, every single hug. And fans can't help but giving him more of their hearts. As for me, he has a very special place in my heart. He's some where deep in my heart of hearts that fills my heart, my eyes and my fingers with love to write for him again. This man is making this earth a better place to live. This man is the wonder, the miracle, the masterpiece. This man is a fresh breath, a mild breeze, a lovely rain. This man....was born to be loved.a0e935b8125d5ff858b3ab734b8f59e0.jpg

Guest damifino

SJS filmed his Asahi Super Dry Beer commercial :)  They said he was wearing a sophisticated black suit with white shirt

ETA

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/229734

He gets to show off his beautiful hands to motion the "angeling" effect of the beer.

Guest damifino

Here's a translation of SJS's interview in Vogue Nippon back in 2010 that I found while browsing the internet

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/2561574.html

SJS said that Choi Gyu In from "We're Dating Now" was the character that was most like himself at the time he played it... somehow I suspected this.  I absolutely loved this character.  When I was watching WDN, the character seemed so heartbreakingly real.  Gyu In was so beautiful in his frustrating inability to say what was on his mind and letting his silly pride prevent him being with the girl he loves.  The timing never working out even with the right person... 

damifino said: Here's a translation of SJS's interview in Vogue Nippon back in 2010 that I found while browsing the internet

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/2561574.html

SJS said that Choi Gyu In from "We're Dating Now" was the character that was most like himself at the time he played it... somehow I suspected this.  I absolutely loved this character.  When I was watching WDN, the character seemed so heartbreakingly real.  Gyu In was so beautiful in his frustrating inability to say what was on his mind and letting his silly pride prevent him being with the girl he loves.  The timing never working out even with the right person... 

Love reading all your insightful thoughts about our sonick!

And i'd like to tell my sory too :D 
It's JJW that made me notice him ( I know I'm a bit too late :( ) , but instead of saying I like him for his look, I’d rather say that I like him because of his amazing performance. I love the way he portray JJW. But I'm the type of viewer who always love the actors when I'm watching their films and then lose interest in them right after the films ended. At first I thought I would forget about him soon like the way I did to other actor, but I was wrong. It was Misa that hit me. I see in this man a charisma which is really unique, really really different from others and it instantly draw my attention. And then I watch Ghost, I saw a Kim WooHyun who is full of charisma but when he smiles I find my heart stops. And then i watch his others video, his interview, see his passionate in music, see him always stay true to himself in the crazy stardome, I know he likes casual clothes and is more interested in accessory, omg it’s so cool! And I found out his personality is totally like me! Just like that, without knowing, there is a person who I can't get out of my mind, the man name So Ji sub. Then, I watch Cain & Abel, Road No.1, A Company Man, Only you, Rough Cut, WHIB. Some of those films may lack sth in their story line, but his acting never disappoints me. Like you guys said, his characters in his films is so different from each other, it make me forget about the actor SJS and just enjoy the character to the fullest. I've never found that in any other actor , even actor who around his age. And it make me respect him and know that I lay my love on the right person.
Yes I love him for his talent, but I also fall in love with his deep eyes, his cheekbone, his small mouth (although he said he doesn't like it because it’s too small hehe), I love the little hole on his earlobe, his body, his muscle, his tattoos, his beautiful smile, his magnetic voice, his cool style... All of them, including his talent, make him who he is.And fans just love him the way he is. It’s just simple like that. And I think Jisub should accept that ;)
tumblr_static_jp_banner2.jpg

:x

Yes I love everyone's insights into SJS and what made them his fan.
I have to be honest, when I first started watching Kdramas, my first ever Kdrama crush was Hyun Bin because my first Kdrama was My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. And then it was Won Bin after watching his short drama Friends. I watched a bit of Autumn in My Heart too because of him, but I just didn't like the whole step brother and step sister in love concept. It was not long after that I watched MISA. And OMG, I don't know, honestly, the drama just moved me sooooo much. And I didn't find him handsome in MISA at the time - remember my gold standard was Hyun Bin? But Moo Hyuk's story, his sadness, how he cried and how finally his mother never knew who he really was - it stayed with me for a long time and I couldn't stop thinking of him.
Which made me look for his other dramas - WHIB, We're Dating Now... and I realised that I was beginning to love the look of this single lidded tall man. I love how expressive his eyes were, how he emoted with the whole of himself, and always, his characters stayed with me. I think also because Moo Hyuk stayed with me for so long, I wanted to look for a drama he acted in with a happy ending. I just wanted to see him smile more because I thought he looked so good when he smiled. Unfortunately most of his dramas were pretty sad, or he died. Well except for WDN and the ending was a real bummer. I wanted to see him laugh out loud happy and there wasn't such a scene.
Then he disappeared from public eye to go for military service and after a while, I actually forgot how I loved this actor and got 'distracted' with other dramas and other K-actors. But happily he returned with Cain and Abel, and again, even though the story left much to be desired but his character, as always, Lee Cho In, stayed with me. Then finally last year he decides to act in a rom-com (and I thought that means he won't die as he seems to always do - and I was wrong, he died temporarily in TMS too!), and I was happy. And when I watched TMS, I was kicking myself, thinking how could I forget this amazing amazing amazing actor? He was THAT good for me as JJW. And it was since then that I've been reading more about him, reading his interviews, reading about his love for his best friends SSH and PYH and I have grown to admire this man more and more. So yup, I'm a late bloomer even though I discovered him early on, but I have watched almost all his works since then and he has been just amazing. 

Guest sara62

Even his selfy taken back in 2005 is so different from what we see nowadays. The definition of selfy has changed I guess. What we see nowadays are far from what we can call good pictures. But see how artistically this selfy has been taken.
He's multi-talented.
1536684_1414870545432033_2137824282_n.jp

Guest damifino

^  Well, SJS has an advantage over most people who take selfies... he has long limbs :)

An interesting article about why all the beer CFs are done by top male celebs while all the soju CFs are done by top female celebs.  Beer which is lower in alcohol appeals to both men and women so they like to get a charismatic male celeb who is popular with both men and women.  Soju on the other hand is purchased more by men due to its high alcohol content so they like to put a sexy, but wholesome female celeb. SJS becoming the new spokesperson for Asahi Super Dry beer and GHJ becoming the new spokesperson for ChamEeSeul soju...  Now if they did a so-mec (soju beer mix that Korean folks seems to like to drink) commercial together ;)

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20140318010009174

Guest sara62

damifino said: ^  Well, SJS has an advantage over most people who take selfies... he has long limbs :)

An interesting article about why all the beer CFs are done by top male celebs while all the soju CFs are done by top female celebs.  Beer which is lower in alcohol appeals to both men and women so they like to get a charismatic male celeb who is popular with both men and women.  Soju on the other hand is purchased more by men due to its high alcohol content so they like to put a sexy, but wholesome female celeb. SJS becoming the new spokesperson for Asahi Super Dry beer and GHJ becoming the new spokesperson for ChamEeSeul soju...  Now if they did a so-mec (soju beer mix that Korean folks seems to like to drink) commercial together ;)

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20140318010009174