Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

"The Throne" VS "Accidental Detective"

photo640856.jpg

Movies "The Throne" and "Accidental Detective" are fighting for 2nd and 3rd place.

According to the Korean Film Council, "Accidental Detective" gathered 51,576 audiences on just the 6th alone, the accumulated number being 2,107,981. This makes it 2nd in the Box Office, beating "The Throne" on the 5th.

However, the gap between the two isn't that great. "The Throne" gathered 51,351 audiences on the 6th alone and the accumulated number adds up to 5,674,628 which is only about 200 or so less than "Accidental Detective".

In addition, "The Throne" beat "Accidental Detective" on the 5th and came in 2nd of the Box Office".

Meanwhile, "The Throne" is the story of Prince Sado (Yoo Ah-in) who wanted to feel the fatherly love of his father Yeong-jo (Song Kang-ho) just for once in his life.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Welcoming Fall

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take the time out of the week to share some of the most recent fashion-forward photos tied to the K-pop landscape.

October marks the change of season, with leaves tinging red, and the weather becoming chillier. This week, we see how these celebrities rock the fall fashion with sweaters, coats, and hats.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Kwon Sang-woo | Marie Claire

20151005_seoulbeats_kwonsangwoo

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1

"Accidental Detective" hits 2 million, possibility of a TV series?

photo641448.jpg

Actors kwon Sang-woo and Seong Dong-il's dual play is creating unexpected results. Therefore, it's possible there might be detective series coming up soon.

"Accidental Detective" has hit 2.1 million audiences since its release on the 24th of September. This was unexpected and on the 6th it even beat "The Throne" starring Song Kang-ho and Yoo Ah-in.

"Accidental Detective" has passed its breaking point and it's likely that it's making theater profits and even additional copyrights. Now there's the question of a sequel.

First, the main characters must be committed. kwon Sang-woo shows affection for "Accidental Detective" as he said, "I want to be a part of the sequel". He feels achievement from his comical act with his co-star Seong Dong-il.

The same can be said for Seong Dong-il. He said, "The director, kwon Sang-woo and myself have seven children in total. I hope we can all become good fathers thanks to the movie".

The movie was titled, "Detective" at first but the additional "The Beginning" was added later on. This noted the start of the movie and a possibility of a series later on.

The production team is going to talk about it after the movie is taken down from cinemas. If there is a sequel to "Accidental Detective", it might be the birth of another detective series after "Detective K".

source

Guest adikkeluangman

Child actor Hong Eun Taek took picture with Kwon Sang Woo for movie The Accidental Detective.

So this kid got a scene with him. I thought KSW only got a baby in that movie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Guest unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Son Tae Young brags about her husband, Kwon Sang Woo

Son Tae Yong bragged about her husband, Kwon Sang Woo on a new TV show.

On December 18th, actress Son Tae Young appeared on channel MBC's new program, 'My Money Partner: Next Door CEOs' with actor Lee Jae Ryong, Shim Hyung Tak, singer DEFCON, Eun Ji Won, Dindin, KARA's Huh Young Ji, comedian PArk Na Rae, and designer Hwang Jae Geun.

Park Na Rae and Huh Young Ji complimented Son Tae Young for her outfits, and Son Tae Young said, "I bought all of these on the internet."

As all of the other panels asked if Kwon Sang Woo buys her a lot of outfits, Son Tae Young replied, "He does, but one day, he complimented me for an outfit that I bought without telling him, and asked me where I got it. I told him that I bought it on the internet, and I was very proud of it."

After hearing Son Tae Young's story, Park Na Rae and Huh Young Ji expressed envies for her."

Meanwhile, Son Tae Young talked about how Kwon Sang Woo manages his income on this week's 'Next Door CEOs.'

Son Tae Young brags about her husband, Kwon Sang Woo

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young Celebrate Daughter Ri Ho’s First Birthday

Actor Kwon Sang Woo and his wife Son Tae Young posted a lovely family photo.

On January 12, Son Tae Young posted on her Instagram, “We spent Ri Ho‘s first birthday well. Many people commented saying they want to see Ri Ho’s face, and I’m glad to post a photo on a meaningful day like today. Thank you for congratulating her. We’ll keep living as a happy family.”

Along with this, she uploaded pictures of their son Rook Hee, and daughter Ri Ho.

Ri Ho definitely grew up a lot since the last time Kwon Sang Woo revealed a photo of her on her first 100 days.

source

5 hours ago, irilight said:

Actor Kwon Sang Woo and his wife Son Tae Young posted a lovely family photo.

On January 12, Son Tae Young posted on her Instagram, “We spent Ri Ho‘s first birthday well. Many people commented saying they want to see Ri Ho’s face, and I’m glad to post a photo on a meaningful day like today. Thank you for congratulating her. We’ll keep living as a happy family.”

Along with this, she uploaded pictures of their son Rook Hee, and daughter Ri Ho.

Ri Ho definitely grew up a lot since the last time Kwon Sang Woo revealed a photo of her on her first 100 days.

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. Wahhh.........she's so cute. Time flies so fast that it seems STY had just delivered - hahaha. Now, she's already 1-year old. So NICE to see a very HAPPY family! I love this couple, I’d say thumbs up for them. They are a winner! KSW is really a wonderful husband not to mention the eye candy appeal - LOL - :P

• 3 weeks later...

Kang Dong-won goes to the PC Room with Won Bin and drinks with Kim Yoon-seok and Song Kang-ho

photo681545.jpg

The tvN show "List of Names" put Kang Dong-won in third place of being star with unlikely networks.

Kang Dong-won mentioned in 2010 that he goes to the PC Room to play games with Won Bin and kwon Sang-woo.

However, now that Won Bin and kwon Sang-woo are married, who is Kang Dong-won's best friend? Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won met in the movie "JEON WOO CHI : The Taoist Wizard" and that's when Kang Dong-won learned how to drink too. He also drinks with Song Kang-ho too.

Another friend of Kang Dong-won's is Kim Jin-ho, the lead vocal of SG Wannabe. They met in 2006 through their stylist and have been friends ever since.

Meanwhile, "List of Names" mentioned stars with unexpected star best friends.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

• 4 weeks later...

9 Romantic Korean Movies That’ll Make You Fall In Love

In need of some romance? Got a date and wondering what movie to watch to get in that lovey-dovey atmosphere? Here’s some suggestions of some of the most romantic movies that’ll have your heart jumping for joy.

These movies will make you cry, laugh, smile and touched. Check out which movie’s are dubbed the nation’s favorites in this list called, “9 Romantic Korean Movies That’ll Make You Fall In Love”.

(skipped unrelated.....)

More Than Blue (2009)

This movie is one of the saddest but beautiful love story every told, it will make you smile, cry and laugh

item_81218_960px_5707e3a4a55e4908b40e3ab

source : koreaboo

•  
    Koreaboo

Koreaboo

3 of 9

My Little Bride (2004)

The movie that made Moon Geunyoung the nation's little sister, this movie tells the story of a young high school girl who will be forced to marry as soon as she graduates.

item_81217_960px_b8e9c7abfbba477084fa418
  •  
    Koreaboo

Koreaboo

4 of 9

Windstruck (2004)

A fictional prequel to the movie "My Sassy Girl". Although this movie did not succeed as much as "My Sassy Girl" it still is one of the best romantic comedy movies ever produced.

a1ae846e01ee40d9b2741dfed961fa5d.jpeg
  •  
    Koreaboo

Koreaboo

5 of 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo is creating a huge sensation in China with his latest drama.

The 39-year-old actor recently finished shooting a Chinese drama “It’s been a long time,” produced and distributed by China’s second-most-watched channel, Hunan Television.

He told an online news media, “Every moment I spend abroad shooting gives me new challenges and freshness. It was particularly exciting in China because I liked my role in the drama.”

Kwon is on a weeklong holiday with his family in Korea and will be going back to China next week to film a new Chinese drama.

source

@willenette, I love "More than Blue." One of my favorite movies. So well done. Poetry.

1 hour ago, irilight said:

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo is creating a huge sensation in China with his latest drama.

The 39-year-old actor recently finished shooting a Chinese drama “It’s been a long time,” produced and distributed by China’s second-most-watched channel, Hunan Television.

He told an online news media, “Every moment I spend abroad shooting gives me new challenges and freshness. It was particularly exciting in China because I liked my role in the drama.”

Kwon is on a weeklong holiday with his family in Korea and will be going back to China next week to film a new Chinese drama.

source

@willenette, I love "More than Blue." One of my favorite movies. So well done. Poetry.

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. I hope we could get to see KSW in a K-dramaland soon. About the movie, "More than Blue", I love it, too. I'm not a fan of sad romantic movies but he was on it so I've no choice but to watch this - hahaha. But, IDK why the film didn't make me cry. But, it was a well directed and well acted movie, though.  The way Lee Bo-young gave life to the character was good. Although if we come to think of it, it was a happy ending after all. There are just so many agonizing and depressing parts in the movie you can feel the hurt and that feeling of hate of seeing them hold back their feelings and pretend. :P

• Like 1

Kwon Sang-woo to lead Chinese drama

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo will play the main character on Chinese TV drama “Returning Love,” the actor’s agency SU Company announced Friday.

The drama series will depict the story of a man who suffers from amnesia after an earthquake. The man, played by Kwon, struggles in his relationships with two women -- his wife and a girl who took care of him when he lost his memory -- while gradually regaining his memory.

Kwon will leave for Beijing this month to begin filming the new drama.

Meanwhile, the actor recently finished filming Chinese TV drama “Destiny of Love,” which is set to air on China‘s Hunan TV.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About "More than Blue", @willenette,  I think it was because we were well prepared.   By the way, the writer-director Won Tae-Yeon,  it is a famous poet in Korea.  He had also created a 4 short episodes drama "Some Kind of Goodbye." I look forward to more projects from him.

14 minutes ago, irilight said:

Kwon Sang-woo to lead Chinese drama

Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo will play the main character on Chinese TV drama “Returning Love,” the actor’s agency SU Company announced Friday.

The drama series will depict the story of a man who suffers from amnesia after an earthquake. The man, played by Kwon, struggles in his relationships with two women -- his wife and a girl who took care of him when he lost his memory -- while gradually regaining his memory.

Kwon will leave for Beijing this month to begin filming the new drama.

Meanwhile, the actor recently finished filming Chinese TV drama “Destiny of Love,” which is set to air on China‘s Hunan TV.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About "More than Blue", @willenette,  I think it was because we were well prepared.   By the way, the writer-director Won Tae-Yeon,  it is a famous poet in Korea.  He had also created a 4 short episodes drama "Some Kind of Goodbye." I look forward to more projects from him.

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the article. I hope KSW will do a K-drama after this project in the Mainland. I hope we could get to hear some more news about this C-drama + get to see some pictures. Also, thanks for sharing some infos about the writer-director of this movie. :P

Actor Kwon Sang-woo to play lead man in Chinese drama

SEOUL, March 11 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo has been cast for the lead role in a Chinese drama, his publicist said Friday.

Kwon will play a man who suffers from amnesia after an earthquake and finds himself caught between a girl who saved him and his wife, Ytree Company said, adding Chinese actresses Wang Ziwen and Li Nian will star as the girl and the wife, respectively.

Kwon will leave for Beijing later this month to start filming the show, whose English title is not immediately known.

He has recently finished filming another Chinese drama, "Destiny of Love," according to the publicist.

South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo (Yonhap) South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

Gwon Sang-Woo, leaving for Beijing... Focus from Chinese media

17120_1.jpg

Actor Gwon Sang-Woo left for Beijing through Incheon International Airport to work on schedule on March 15th.

While actor Gwon Sang-Woo left for Beijing, Chinese media wrote big about Gwon Sang-Woo appearing on Chinese drama.

Gwon Sang-Woo is going to appear on as a man who lost his memory in drama 'Love Came Back.'

[Photo=Newsis DB]

source : Innolife.co.kr