Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

On 'Entertainment Weekly' Kwon Sang-woo says "I think about Son Tae-yeong while kissing other actresses"

photo617175.jpg

People are talking about kwon Sang-woo because of the story he told involving his wife, Son Tae-yeong. 

On an episode of 'Entertainment Weekly' which aired on the 25th, an interview with kwon Sang-woo and Seong Dong-il was broadcasted. In the interview, kwon Sang-woo said "I spend time raising my child as a husband and a father" and "I love being a father".

In response to the mention of Son Tae-yeong talking about his melodramatic acting on a variety show, he said " I think of what I should do at home even while filming kiss scenes with  Soo-ae, Choi Ji-woo, or Jeong Ryeo-won". This got a big laugh out of the crowd.

On the other end, when asked what he is up to, Son Tae-yeong joked that "I cannot be myself at home because of my family. The time between when I close my eyes and fall asleep is the happiest moment of the day". He also explained his character in the movie "Private Detective" as being similar to kwon Sang-woo's character but without the cool factor. 

Source: http://tr.im/tPiO6

Kwon Sang Woo Reveals What Goes Through His Head When Filming Kiss Scenes

Kwon Sang Woo Reveals What Goes Through His Head When Filming Kiss Scenes

Actor Kwon Sang Woo recently talked about his wife Son Tae Young’s reactions to his kiss scenes with other actresses.

On the broadcast of KBS’ “Entertainment Weekly” that aired on July 25, the lead cast of the movie “Private Investigator,” Sung Dong Il and Kwon Sang Woo, sat down for an interview with a reporter of the entertainment news program.

During the interview, the reporter mentioned that Son Tae Young previously appeared on “Happy Together” and complained about her husband’s kiss scenes.

In response, Kwon Sang Woo shared, “When I film a kiss scene with Soo Ae, I worry, ‘What should I do when I get home?’ in my head. When I film one with Choi Ji Woo I think, ‘What do I do when I go home?’ and with Jung Ryeo WonI also think, ‘What do I do?’”

After hearing this, his co-star Sung Dong Il asked, “Are you showing off?” causing laughter.

kwon sang woo entertainment weekly

Source

K-pop stars brought to life at Grevin Museum Seoul

Life-size wax figures of K-pop stars and Hollywood movie stars are on display at Grevin Museum Seoul, which opened Thursday in Seoul (Grevin Museum)

Leading K-pop stars, such as Psy, G-Dragon and Rain and dozens of other Korean celebrities, as well as historic and sports figures, have been brought to life in wax models at the Grevin Museum opening in Seoul on Thursday.

The French wax museum’s first Asian branch presents 80 life-size wax models of world-renowned figures and celebrities, including 30 Koreans.

“We decided Seoul to be our first destination for Grevin Museum in Asia because the city has rich history and strong cultural content. From here, the Hallyu boom has spread throughout Asia,” said Dominique Marcel, CEO of the Compagnie des Alpes, which operates the museum, at a press conference Wednesday at the Grevin Museum in Seoul. The French firm also runs ski resorts and leisure facilities around the world.

The Seoul museum, located near Myeong-dong, Seoul‘s hottest shopping district, presents wax figures of movie stars, celebrities, historic figures and politicians in the four-story building from the Japanese colonial era in the early 1900s.

The wax figures are on display in different themed rooms.

Popular Korean actors, such as Bae Yong-joon, Jang Dong-gun, Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon, greet visitors to a movie awards red carpet scene.

The television studio titled “Hallyuwood” features popular Korean actors and actresses, such as Kim Soo-hyun, Park Shin-hye, Lee Min-ho, Jang Keun-suk and Hyun Bin, filming shows and movies.

“This is the world’s biggest exhibition featuring Hallyu stars ranging from the first generation stars to the latest ones,” said Kim Yong-gwan, president of Grevin Korea.

Hollywood movie stars are also on view in interactive settings. Brad Pitt and George Clooney stand side by side, watching visitors play roulette. Robert De Niro welcomes visitors to a dimly lit bar.

U.S. President Barrack Obama, Queen Elizabeth II and secretary-general of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon are gathered in the same aircraft, accompanied by the noise and tremor felt in an actual flying aircraft.

The museum also attempts to impress visitors with a state-of-the-art audio and light system that helps them be fully immersed in the viewing experience and take quality selfies and photos.

It expects to receive 450,000 visitors per year, including foreign tourists from other Asian countries, including China and Japan.

“We found a great potential in Seoul for attracting many other Asian tourists. We hope the Grevin Seoul is one of the tourist attractions that tourists don’t want to miss,” said Marcel.

The museum plans to add four to five new models each year in addition to the current list of figures.

At the end of the museum tour, visitors can learn the steps of making wax figures and make their own wax figure with the special software that scans one’s face and turns it into a three-dimensional image.

Compagnie des Alpes runs Grevin wax museums in Paris, Montreal and Prague. The first museum opened in 1882 in Paris.

Tickets to the Seoul museum cost 23,000 won ($20) for adults, 18,000 won for teenagers and 15,000 won for younger children.

For more information, call (02) 777-4700.

By Lee Woo-young (wylee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

July 31, 2015

Grevin wax museum opens in Seoul

16-01%28533%29.jpg

By Yun Suh-young

Ban Ki-moon, Barack Obama, Xi Jinping, Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, Bae Yong-joon and Kim Yu-na. These are all people you can meet in a day if you visit a particular location in Seoul.

The Grevin Museum, a French wax museum with a 133-year history, opened Thursday in Jung-gu, in the heart of Seoul. It is the museum's first Asian branch.

"As hallyu, the Korean wave, is spreading across Asia, we decided to come to Seoul," said Dominique Marcel, CEO of Compagnie des Alpes, which owns the museum. "When we select a city to open a museum, we estimate the potential of the city _ the potential to attract tourists.

"Seoul is strong with cultural content, from movies and music to cosmetics. Seoul is becoming an important destination."

There also are Grevin museums in Paris, Montreal and Prague ― all run by Compagnie des Alpes. The first opened in Paris in 1882.

When entering the Seoul museum, visitors will be guided to the fourth floor where hallyu stars such as Jang Dong-gun, Bae Yong-joon, Kwon Sang-woo and Ahn Jae-wook will greet them in the first room, themed "red carpet."

Inside the four-story building, there are 14 exhibition halls with different themes -- such as "geniuses of the century," "presidential aircraft" and "beauty salon" -- and eight interactive rooms where visitors can participate in activities from roulette to motor racing.

In the themed rooms, people related to the theme are exhibited. For instance, in the "genius" room, there are Steve Jobs and Albert Einstein; and in the "presidential aircraft" room, built like the inside of a real airplane in collaboration with Asiana Airlines, you will find United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Chinese President Xi Jinping, United States President Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II on board. In the "beauty salon," Audrey Hepburn, Paris Hilton and Princess Diana are busy dressing up.

Near the end of the exhibition, there is the "Discovery Atelier" where visitors learn of the wax-figure production process and can experience making their own figures through three-dimensional scanning.

The museum features 80 life-size wax figures of celebrities and influencers, 30 of which are of Koreans. The museum plans to add four to five models a year as it does at the other museums. It takes six months to produce each wax figure.

When asked what the selection process was for the Korean models, Kim Yong-gwan, president of Grevin Korea, said it was based on historical importance.

"We chose iconic people who became the 'first Korean' to rise to international fame in a certain field and proudly represent the nation," he said.

Of all the wax museums, Grevin Seoul features the largest number of Korean celebrities.

The museum is near the City Hall. Tickets cost 23,000 won for adults, 18,000 won for teenagers and 15,000 won for children. For more information, call 02-777-4700.

x
  • Like 1

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa! I celebrate all the wonderful things you are to me! I hope you enjoy your special day TODAY with your wife & 2-kids..... :P

Eight K-Drama Stars That Celebrate An August Birthday

Several k-celebs are a year older in August and each has had a busy year since their last birthday.

(skipped unrelated.....)

August 5 is Kwon Sang Woo's birthday. He has not appeared in a drama since starring in "Temptation" with Choi Ji Woo and Park Ha Sun. But this year he has roles in two films, a Chinese film titled "Honey Enemy" and a k-movie titled 'Detective." Kwon became a star when he appeared in the comedy film "My Tutor Friend" and in the drama "Stairway To Heaven."

Copyright ⓒ 2015 DramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Edited by willenette
  • Like 1

New Stills of Honey Enemy

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the still cuts. Is this the title of his upcoming movie, huh? Sorry..........I lost track of it.....:P

Cha Ye-ryeon and Kwon Sang-woo hungry for kiss

Cha Ye-ryeon and Kwon Sang-woo hungry for kiss

A kiss scene through Cha Ye-ryeon and kwon Sang-woo has been brought back up the surface.

Cha Ye-ryeon once told a tale about a "filling kiss scene" in the television display "Steel Heart" before.

She had said, "The first scene of the drama we took became once a kissing scene and my spouse became once kwon Sang-woo. I became once nervous".

"We had to kiss appropriate after assembly each and every other for the first time yet it wasn"t a cushy one. It became once a coarse and passionate one. We kissed for almost 10 hours and we began to feel hungry".

"There were donuts at the snack table that day and I wondered if I may just devour it. kwon Sang-woo advised we devour the similar flavored donuts each".

Source : www.etoday.co.kr/news...

• Like 1

@willenette, thank you for the article.  To be honest, I don't remember a kiss between them in Bad Love, where Kwon Sang-Woo was paired with Lee Yo-Won.   I think it was my first Kwon Sang Woo drama. I had watched it as it was airing on KBSW.

Yes, Honey Enemy is an upcoming Chinese movie.

He also has an upcoming Korean movie - Private Investigator.

Embedded image permalink

@willenette, thank you for the article.  To be honest, I don't remember a kiss between them in Bad Love, where Kwon Sang-Woo was paired with Lee Yo-Won.   I think it was my first Kwon Sang Woo drama. I had watched it as it was airing on KBSW.

Hi irilightoh, so, that drama was your 1st KSW series you've seen? The drama didn't do well rating-wise during its airing. IDK why it didn't pass Korean's audience taste. As far as I remember the ratings were only in the 7% range. I wonder what could be the reasons for its failure to catch on. Is it because viewers have started becoming fed up with such tearjerkers like the lead characters with fatal diseases who die in the end? Thanks for the reply - So, KSW has an upcoming C-movie? I never heard about it, until you mentioned it here. The "Private Investigator" is the "Detective", right? I guess the latter is the final name of the movie. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I heard before that he's offered to do another drama, IDK what happened to it.....:P

• Like 1

Hi irilightoh, so, that drama was your 1st KSW series you've seen? The drama didn't do well rating-wise during its airing. IDK why it didn't pass Korean's audience taste. As far as I remember the ratings were only in the 7% range. I wonder what could be the reasons for its failure to catch on. Is it because viewers have started becoming fed up with such tearjerkers like the lead characters with fatal diseases who die in the end? Thanks for the reply - So, KSW has an upcoming C-movie? I never heard about it, until you mentioned it here. The "Private Investigator" is the "Detective", right? I guess the latter is the final name of the movie. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I heard before that he's offered to do another drama, IDK what happened to it.....:P

@willenette,  yes, at the time I had a TV subscription that included KBSW, so I watched practically every drama they aired. I should qualify and say that I did not really like the drama, but I loved Kwon Sang-Woo in it.

Here are some more photos from Honey Enemy

CMuiJowUcAAk4dI.jpg

CMuiJf7U8AA0Q1y.jpg

@willenette,  yes, at the time I had a TV subscription that included KBSW, so I watched practically every drama they aired. I should qualify and say that I did not really like the drama, but I loved Kwon Sang-Woo in it.

Here are some more photos from Honey Enemy

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing more photos from this C-movie. Please keep them coming. :P

• Like 1

@willenette, and you too, please... :)

Photos of Kwon Sang Woo in Press Briefing of The Accidental Detective

irilight, thanks for sharing the photos during the press briefing. NICE. I missed this man! I'm sure I will like & enjoy this movie because it's a comedy thriller. He said during this briefing that he could relate to this movie. I'm happy that he's gonna do another comedy like this one after quite a while.........This opens on Sept. 24, I guess around Chuseok holiday in Korea. I guess that this is the only comedy film opening during this time. I hope a family gather to watch this fun movie. Can't wait!

:P

• Like 1