Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

New drama 'Queen of Deduction' reveals thrilling posters starring Kwon Sang Woo & Choi Kang Hee

kwon-sang-woo-choi-kang-hee_1489018141_a

Three new teaser posters for upcoming KBS suspense drama 'Queen of Deduction' starring Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee were recently revealed!

SEE ALSO: Kwon Sang Woo shows off his sophisticated look for 'Grazia'

'Queen of Deduction' revolves around a life-driven mystery queen Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) and a hardboiled veteran detective Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) as the two pair up in order to solve crimes in this human mystery drama.

The first revealed poster shows Kwon Sang Woo staring at someone or something as a shadowy figure ominously hovers above in the dark of the night. The next poster illustrates Seol Ok and Wanseung under an umbrella, attending to a rather gruesome crime scene with blood splattered on the cold cement ground. The final image shows Choi Kang Hee dressed in black, wearing bright red lipstick and holding her finger up to her lips, signaling silence.

So basically, in a nutshell, a mixture of 'Sherlock' and 'CSI'? I'm in! 'Queen of Deduction' premieres April 5 at 10 PM KST!

choi-kang-hee_1489018007_201703090801774117_58c08e3eacf8f_99_20170309080603_%282%29.jpg

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

Mysterious teasers of suspense drama ‘Queen of Deduction’ already release

kwon-sang-woo-choi-kang-hee_1489018141_a

Recently, the three new image posters for upcoming KBS suspense drama ‘Queen of Deduction’ starring Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee were revealed!

‘Queen of Deduction’ is all about a life-driven mystery queen Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) and a hardboiled veteran detective Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) as the two paired up in order to solve crimes in this human mystery drama.

The first poster revealed that Kwon Sang Woo staring at someone or something as a shadowy figure ominously hovers above in the dark of the night. While the next one illustrates Seol Ok and Wanseung under an umbrella, attending to a rather gruesome crime scene with blood surrounding the area on the cold cement ground. The final image shows Choi Kang Hee dressed in black, wearing bright red lipstick while holding her finger up to her lips, signaling to keep silent.

So basically, in a nutshell, a mixture of ‘Sherlock’ and ‘CSI’? I’m in! ‘Queen of Deduction’ premieres April 5 at 10 PM KST!

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2017/03/20/mysterious-teasers-of-suspense-drama-queen-of-deduction-already-release/

*** I am so looking forward to this mainly for KSW! I want to see this SO bad! It’s been quite a while since his last drama. I’m happy he’s back. I like the teaser! The mix of the lighter comedy with the mystery plot seems to be good. It seems this is comedy. This looks quirky and fun. :lol:

Petty rants and bickering partners in Mystery Queen’s mockumentary teaser

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/petty-rants-and-bickering-partners-in-mystery-queens-mockumentary-teaser/

Best old school Korean dramas everyone should watch

5. Stairway to Heaven

Airing in 2003, this old school goodie depicts romance in a refreshing way. Two childhood friends share a bond that forms into true love after sharing the loss of someone dear to them. However, this love doesn't come easy as the leads face a plethora of threats and issues (such as assault and sabotage from an evil stepmother) that create various hectic scenarios. Fun fact -The drama is the second entry in director Lee Jang Soo's 'Heaven Trilogy' alongside dramas 'Beautiful Days' (2001) and 'Tree of Heaven' (2006).

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

Kwon Sang Woo Brings Out His Fierce Charisma In New Stills For “Queen Of Mystery”

Kwon-Sang-Woo.jpg

The first stills of Kwon Sang Woo in his new drama “Queen of Mystery” have been released!

In the drama, Kwon Sang Woo plays Ha Wan Seung, a skilled detective in the drug squad who is known for his beastly charms.

In the photos, the actor has a very sharp and charismatic gaze, and the scars on his face bring out his masculine charms even more. Because this is the actor’s return to the small screen, many viewers are curious to see how he’ll act in the drama.

Kwon-Sang-Woo-2.jpg

According to the drama’s production staff, Kwon Sang Woo reportedly gave his best in every scene and did not hold back when filming action scenes. He was very passionate, and that side of him was quite similar to his character’s energetic personality.

The production company of the drama stated, “Kwon Sang Woo is making his character Ha Wan Seung come to life. He has returned with a strong character, and we believe that this may become one of his representative characters.”

Meanwhile, “Queen of Mystery” revolves around the relationship of mystery queen Seol Ok (played by Choi Kang Hee) and veteran detective Wan Seung (played by Kwon Sang Woo) as they solve crimes together. It will air on April 5 at 10 p.m. KST after “Chief Kim” finishes its run.

Source (1) / soompi news

[HanCinema's Drama Preview] "Mystery Queen"

photo835402.jpg

The concept of the "ajumma", the older married woman has had a rough times. While often a stereotype to be ridiculed and kept within traditional confines, it has begun taking more progressive forms as Korean drama evolves. In this case, our "Mystery Queen" will cook dinner, then arrest your sorry hide.

Premise

Yoo Seol-ok (Choi Kang-hee) is a woman who married early and had to give up on her dream of becoming a detective. Ha Won-seung (Kwon Sang-woo) is a detective who thinks with his fists. When Seol-ok becomes involved in a case, she gets another chance at her dream. The two characters do not get along, but they have to work together.

The Worrying

Screen 1Screen 2

Selling Non-romance

Leading man-woman friendships are rare in Korean drama and this leaves me curious as to what type of a relationship our characters will have. Thankfully platonic pairings have been featured in some successful dramas lately, so perhaps this one will also do well. I do worry about a possible "husband as a villain" twist, if ratings fail, but I hope they will avoid that.

New Writer

A great element to have in a series when they manage, a new writer is like a promise of a fresh take on things which have been done in mostly the same boring, cookie-cutter ways time and time again. At the same time, it is an unknown element. Writer Lee Seong-min-II's story won the channel's screenwriting competition, however, so that is a promising start.

The Reassuring

Screen 3Screen 4

Good Cast

Aside from the ever-reliable Choi Kang-hee and Kwon Sang-woo, the supporting cast is full of known and beloved faces. Going by what the highly enjoyable promotional material has shown us, the world of "Mystery Queen" will be a small and quaint one, which means the locations and the characters tied to them need to make the world feel alive. A good cast helps achieve that.

Fun Premise

I always worry when Korean drama handles women and our issues. If works like "Strong Woman Do Bong-soon" are anything to go by, the industry has not yet reached an understanding of feminism. Thankfully such shows are not the only thing to go by, as we see more and more works getting it right. I hope this work will use its two leads and their adventures well.

Closing Thoughts

KBS2 is responsible for some great underdog hit stories, such as "Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho" and more recently "Chief Kim". It has done interesting things with its drama specials and shorts, so perhaps "Mystery Queen" can be another quirky little gem. A good mystery, some bickering camaraderie and I am sold.

"Mystery Queen" begins its run on April 5th and will air every Wednesday and Thursday at 22:00, on KBS2. It is directed by Kim Jin-woo-II and Yoo Yeong-eun-I, written by Lee Seong-min-II and features Choi Kang-hee, Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Won-geun and Shin Hyun-bin.

Still 1Still 2Still 3

Poster 1Poster 2Poster 3

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

April 3, 2017

Queen of Mystery: Hard-boiled crime show with comedic 'ajumma' twist

SEOUL, April 3 (Yonhap) -- With the recent success of the office series "Good Manager," KBS 2TV has proved that good ideas and execution can go a long way even without top-billed stars.

And in the vein of "Good Manager," the network is pitching another idea-oriented show titled "Queen of Mystery," which mashes up a gritty detective tale with the quirky "ajumma" comedy genre.

Ajumma is a generic term in Korean for married women who have the image of being middle-aged, tough, stubborn and also wearing unfashionable clothes.

"I picked the show for its overall scale of completion and for being fun," lead actor Kwon Sang-woo told reporters at a media event held at the Times Square mall in western Seoul on Monday.

A promotional image for KBS 2TV's new Wednesday-Thursday drama "Queen of Mystery" (Yonhap)

A promotional image for KBS 2TV's new Wednesday-Thursday drama "Queen of Mystery" (Yonhap)

Kwon, who returns to television for the first time in three years, said the show's entire crew is having a blast filming, "I'm wondering whether I ever had this much fun coming to film."

Kwon plays Ha Wan-seung, an elite narcotics detective, a hard-boiled gumshoe who is as thorough as they come. His opposite is Choi Kang-hee, cast as Yoo Seol-ok, an unassuming neighborhood ajumma who is a natural-born genius crime solver.

Despite having no authority in law enforcement, Seol-ok constantly snoops around crime scenes to investigate pending cases, clashing with the investigation led by Wan-seung. Though reluctant at first, Wan-seung accepts her talent as genius and joins forces with her.

"As much as the title is 'Queen of Mystery,' it is a work in which Choi must shine the most. The staff and myself began to work with the idea of supporting her," Kwon said.

Choi, meanwhile, made a bold statement, saying that she's never really liked mystery dramas. Choi said her friend, who read the script, recommended it to her for its comedy.

"In all honesty, I never really liked mystery shows. But one of my friends, who loves crime-solving series, read the script and said it was really funny," said Choi. "This might be the first mystery show that I love."

"Queen of Mystery," which also stars actor Lee Won-keun and actress Shin Hyun-bin, premiers Wednesday on KBS 2TV.

The main cast of KBS 2TV's "Queen of Mystery" pose for the camera during a media event held on April 3, 2017, at the Times Square mall in western Seoul. (Yonhap)

The main cast of KBS 2TV's "Queen of Mystery" pose for the camera during a media event held on April 3, 2017, at the Times Square mall in western Seoul. (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

Kwon Sang Woo Reveals Whether He Kept His 16-Year-Old Promise To Choi Kang Hee

kwon-sang-woo-choi-kang-hee.jpg

Actress Choi Kang Hee asked her co-star Kwon Sang Woo if he kept his promise from 16 years ago, and he responded with an honest answer.

After starring in a drama together back in 2001, Choi Kang Hee and Kwon Sang Woo reunited for their upcoming drama “Mystery Queen.” During the press conference held on April 3, Choi Kang Hee reminisced on their collaboration that took place 16 years ago.

“We didn’t film many scenes together back then, but I remember when Kwon Sang Woo told me that he would join my fan club. I’m curious if he actually joined,” she wondered.

Taken aback by the sudden question, Kwon Sang Woo truthfully answered, “I did not join. You have a really good memory. To be honest, I’m not very good at using computers.”

choi-kang-hee-kwon-sang-woo-XPN.jpg

Meanwhile, “Mystery Queen” will air on April 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

mystery queen holds press conference

mq3.jpg

Mystery Queen held its press conference and it may prove to be as quirky as its predecessor when it premieres on KBS this week. I’m getting some comedy, some noir from the trailers, with Choi Kang Hee and Kwon Sang Woo developing a snappy rapport, as an ajumma who is a crime-solving fiend, and a hard-nosed detective respectively. I grew up reading Nancy Drew so I know exactly how the female lead’s earnest passion feels when it comes to solving cases. Haha.

mq1.jpg?w=620

mq2.jpg?w=620&h=828

mq4.jpg?w=620&h=966

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/mystery-queen-holds-press-conference/

*** I hope KSW’s drama will do well. I love the posters released for this drama. Ye, I don’t even need this drama to have any romance. It helps that the two look goofy cute during the presscon. There’s surely a camaraderie there already that we saw. And I love watching them dancing together, huh – hahaha. :lol:

Please watch the video below :

cr-koalasplayground

Kwon Sang Woo shows that he is manly with Grazia

IMG_0641.jpg

You won’t believe actor Kwon Sang Woo is in his 40s after seeing how he posed for ‘Grazia’!

In the released photos by the Chinese version of the fashion magazine ‘Grazia’, Kwon Sang Woo portrayed a modern business-like man dressed in a knitted sweater that was raised up by his arms, showing his perfectly built packs.

In the other photos, he wore a patterned sweater, a sexy corporate shirt and a formal wear. In all the photos, he looks like a man in his 20s ready to do some business.

Check out the released photos!

IMG_0641-150x150.jpg
IMG_0642-150x150.jpg
IMG_0643-150x150.jpg
IMG_0644-150x150.jpg

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2017/03/31/kwon-sang-woo-shows-that-he-is-manly-with-grazia/

*** I feel sad & bad that the drama dropped to second place in just two episodes. According to Nielsen Korea, it rated 9.5% as per last night’s EP, April 6. This is a 1.7% decrease from the first episode. It made a wide gap with its competitors on MBC and SBS but it failed to continue. I hope it will increase.....:o

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 3-9, 2017

Wednesday, Apr. 5      
Mystery Queen 1 KBS 11.2%
Radiant Office 7 MBC 7.4%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 21 SBS 9.4%
Thursday, Apr. 6      
Mystery Queen 2 KBS 9.5%
Radiant Office 8 MBC 7.3%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 22 SBS 9.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-3-9-2017/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 10-16, 2017

Wednesday, Apr. 12      
Mystery Queen 3 KBS 10.7%
Radiant Office 9 MBC 5.9%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 23 SBS 8.5%
Thursday, Apr. 13      
Mystery Queen 4 KBS 11.6%
Radiant Office 10 MBC 7.1%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 24 SBS Pre-empted

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-10-16-2017/

"Mystery Queen" Choi Kang-hee and Kwon Sang-woo catch the culprit father and son

photo840803.jpg

Choi Kang-hee and Kwon Sang-woo put together their forces and caught the real criminals. At the same time, their painful past went by.

On the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen", Yoo Seol-ok (Choi Kang-hee) tracked down the Lee Myeong-hee murder.

Yoo Seol-ok followed Ha Wan-seung (Kwon Sang-woo) around and started investigating. She looked through the list of phone calls with families and knew it had to be Cha Yong-chool (Seong Si-yoon).

However, Cha Yong-chool had an alibi which was the convenient store CCTV and Yoo Seol-ok analyzed the CCT with Ha Wan-seung. They found out Cha Yong-chool killed Lee Myeong-hee.

There was a twist. Cha Yong-chool's father played a crucial part in Lee Myeong-hee's death. Cha Yong-chool's father knew his daughter-in-law was alive and threw her into the river.

Yoo Seol-ok was devastated and recalled the time she was suspicious about her parents' death. She then went home when her husband (Yoo Hee-seok) came to pick her up and said, "This won't happen again".

Meanwhile, Jeong Ji-won (Shin Hyun-bin) started to make engagement plans although Ha Wan-seung didn't want to. Ha Wan-seung thought about a woman while thinking about Yoo Seol-ok.

He had lost the one he loved. He couldn't give up being a detective because he had to catch the culprit that killed her. At the end, Yoo Seol-ok's husband and Ha Wan-seung came face to face with each other.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

"Mystery Queen" Kwon Sang-woo goes from wild detective to busking singer?

photo841990.jpg

Pictures of Kwon Sang-woo holding a microphone in front of many people came up from the KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen".

Choi Kang-hee told Kwon Sang-woo that Jeon Soo-jin was going to get kidnapped and if he didn't hurry, she'd be in real danger. Standing in front of the mic stand, Kwon Sang-woo looks deep in thought.

In the picture, Kwon Sang-woo is busking as the lead vocal near a beach. He looks too serious to simply say he's singing.

Some are anticipating hearing Kwon Sang-woo's singing of the OST that they've heard through the drama.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Translation : Hancinema

***  I'm happy that “Mystery Queen” has achieved the highest viewership ratings in its time slot once again! Nielsen Korea reported that the last night, April 26 broadcast garnered 10.7 percent ratings. Although this is 0.2 percent lower than the previous episode, the drama still managed to hold the No. 1 spot in its time slot.:lol: