Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

'Mystery' Gwon Sangu makes new fad words! "I will arrest you!" [Queen of Mystery]

It looks like Gwon Sangu is making new fad words.

With Seolok, Wanseung continues to look for the criminal who kidnapped Hosun

After explaining how he caught him, he makes a gun with his hands and says, 'I will arrest you!' He has this unique accent when he says the phrase. It's why people like it when he says it. It looks like he's made a new popular phrase. 

Spoiler

14933638271493363827safe.jpg

In the meantime, the criminal is arrested. Seolok has her family safe again!

[Queen of Mystery]

Showtime : Thu-Fri 21:50 | Re-run: Fri-Sat 04:20, Sun 13:00, 22:30 Thu 11:50 (Seoul, UTC+9)

credit : KBS Global

Spoiler

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 1-7, 2017

Over in the Wednesday-Thursday time slot, Mystery Queen reigned supreme at a little over 9.0%. Both of its competitors, Radiant Office and Saimdang, Light’s Diary ended this week, with the latter ending early due to an episode cut.

Wednesday, May 3      
Mystery Queen 9 KBS 9.2%
Radiant Office 15 MBC 6.4%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 28 SBS Pre-empted
Thursday, May 4      
Mystery Queen 10 KBS 9.0%
Radiant Office 16 MBC 7.0%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 28 SBS 8.2%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-1-7-2017/

These Are Korea’s TOP 11 Sexiest Actors Over 30 Years Old

These 11 actors may have all left their 20s behind them, but that definitely doesn’t mean they’re not still total heartthrobs.

While most actors are considered most attractive during their 20s, these 11 men are proving that this isn’t always the case. They have taken being sexy to a completely new level—and they’re all over 30 years old.

Check out 11of the hottest Korean actors that are over 30 years old below:

6. Kwon Sang Woo

Kwon Sang Woo has been making fans swoon since his acting debut in 2003, and the Stairway to Heaven star doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

KwonSangwoo.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

“Ruler: Master of the Mask” Ranks First In Viewership Ratings With Premiere Episode

Ruler-Master-of-Mask-Mystery-Queen-Suspi

On May 11, ratings research company Nielsen Korea revealed the latest ratings for episodes of dramas that aired the day before.

Previous first place holder, KBS drama “Mystery Queen,” was bumped down to second place with ratings of 8.7 percent.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 8-14, 2017

Wednesday, May 10      
Mystery Queen 11 KBS 8.7%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 1 MBC 9.7%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 2 MBC 11.6%
Suspicious Partner 1 SBS 6.3%
Suspicious Partner 2 SBS 6.8%
Thursday, May 11      
Mystery Queen 12 KBS 9.2%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 3 MBC 10.5%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 4 MBC 12.6%
Suspicious Partner 3 SBS 6.1%
Suspicious Partner 4 SBS 7.2%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-8-14-2017/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 15-21, 2017

Over in the middle of the week, Mystery Queen continued to hold steady at under 10%.  But Mystery Queen only has one week left, so it’ll be interesting to see how all of KBS’ new programming impacts the current schedule.

Wednesday, May 17      
Mystery Queen 13 KBS 8.7%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 5 MBC 11.2%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 6 MBC 12.5%
Suspicious Partner 5 SBS 6.6%
Suspicious Partner 6 SBS 8.0%
Thursday, May 18      
Mystery Queen 14 KBS 8.2%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 7 MBC 12.0%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 8 MBC 13.4%
Suspicious Partner 7 SBS 6.8%
Suspicious Partner 8 SBS 7.4%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-15-21-2017/

Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-yeong become married couple models

photo851853.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo and his wife Son Tae-yeong filmed an ad.

The two of them modeled in an apartment advertisement according to Kwon's management.

Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-yeong are standing together in front of the camera. Although it's been a while since they worked together, they seemed very professional and they took care of each other throughout the shoot.

Their image was considered suitable for the image of the apartment and thus, had them chosen as the leading models.

Pictures will be released on the 25th onwards and a fan signing session with Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-yeong will take place on the 3rd of June.

Source : news.tf.co.kr/read/en...

Translation : Hancinema

"Mystery Queen" Choi Kang-hee and Kwon Sang-woo, catch the criminal

photo851850.jpg

The connection between Choi Kang-hee and Kwon Sang-woo in "Mystery Queen" finally came out.

On the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen", Ha Wan-seung (Kwon Sang-woo) told Yoo Seol-ok (Choi Kang-hee) that they were connected and gave her the files on the taxi driver murder.

The taxi driver was Yoo Seol-ok's father who wrote a will saying he killed a woman and killed himself with his wife. The woman he killed was Ha Wan-seung's first love Seo Hyeon-soo.

Yoo Seol-ok guessed that the will wasn't written by her father as he didn't arrange his sentences like that. She then found out that the police hid papers involved in the investigation and tried to make it look like murder.

Yoo Seol-ok and Ha Wan-seung came to a conclusion that her father didn't commit suicide but was killed. In addition, the two started to look for the criminal who killed Yoo Seol-ok's father and Seo Hyeon-soo.

Yoo Seol-ok started looking into the case on behalf of Ha Wan-seung who was in the lock-up.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

"Mystery Queen" Kwon Sang-woo and Choi Kang-hee foretell season 2, open ending

photo852233.jpg

"Mystery Queen" ended with a perfect open ending. The final episode which seemed to find the secret to everything, ended with a strong hint of a second season.

On the final episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen", Ha Wan-seung (Kwon Sang-woo) and Yoo Seol-ok (Choi Kang-hee) tracked down the real story behind Seo Hyeon-soo's death and the death of Yoo Seol-ok's parents.

Ha Wan-seuk quit being a police when Yoo Seol-ok got hurt and joined in father Ha Jae-ho (Jang Gwang) in his office. However, this was to avoid his father's eyes and closely investigate Seo Hyeon-soo's case. Ha Wan-seung and Yoo Seol-ok were trying to bring out a case that was statute-barred for a long time.

Ha Wan-seung mentioned that he will meet Seo Hyeon-soo in America. Ha Jae-ho heard this and set out to find the dead body along with the contract killer. Ha Jae-ho looked for the spot where the body was buried and Ha Wan-seung caught him red-handed.

photo852232.jpg

However, Ha Jae-ho said, "I will be out soon. It was to save you". He hinted that he had a secret with Seo Hyeon-soo. Ha Jae-ho was constantly looking for something within Seo Hyeon-soo.

Detective Ko was murdered in prison and DNA was untraceable in Seo Hyeon-soo's body. In the ending of the episode, a proud-looking woman introduced herself as Seo Hyeon-soo.

There was no real end and this could mean there is a season 2. Yoo Seol-ok is preparing to become a policewoman and there are still a lot of cases she needs to solve with Ha Wan-seung.

Source : news.tf.co.kr/read/en...

***  I thoroughly enjoyed this drama and its ending..... The final was head-scratching for awhile, but the open-ended ending didn't bother me at all. But, definitely not in a good way. That's why, I guess there were viewers complaining about the ending & hope for better ending. For me, it was still a good watch. It was a good show with engaging characters that I grew to love. It was refreshing that there was no love triangle.  Although, I'd love to watch the characters developed. Season 2? I'm not really into Part 2s/sequels or remakes............ I'm not cool wit this. I think the writer can definitely do a second season because of how she built up the characters and their relationships.  It's a good drama & my only complaint is they took way too long for a simple crime. :lol:

Mystery Queen producers explain ending, hopes for season 2

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/mystery-queen-producers-explain-ending-hopes-for-season-2/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 22-28, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Mystery Queen ended at a very decent 8.3%, just narrowly edging out Suspicious Partner for second.

Wednesday, May 24      
Mystery Queen 15 KBS 8.4%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 9 MBC 11.9%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 10 MBC 13.8%
Suspicious Partner 9 SBS 6.8%
Suspicious Partner 10 SBS 8.3%
Thursday, May 25      
Mystery Queen 16 KBS 8.3%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 11 MBC 12.1%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 12 MBC 13.8%
Suspicious Partner 11 SBS 7.1%
Suspicious Partner 12 SBS 7.8%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-22-28-2017/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Model-turned-actor plans to work out until 60 : Kwon Sang-woo has his eyes set on a role in SBS’s ‘Ugly Ducking’

04213600.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo started as a fashion model in 1998. He’s known not only for his body, but also for his acting.

The 40-year-old rose to stardom in 2003 with the romantic comedy “My Tutor Friend” and the melodrama “Stairway to Heaven” starring Kim Tae-hee and Choi Ji-woo.

He recently starred in KBS2’s detective comedy series “Queen of Mystery,” where he played an elite narcotics detective named Ha Wan-seung, who solves mysteries with actress Choi Kang-hee.

In a recent interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, Kwon revealed his thoughts about his work.

He said that his wife, actress Son Tae-young, would not make many comments about the TV show he was in but said it was good for him to star in the latest show “Queen of Mystery.”

He added that it was a relief that there were no romantic scenes in the show. “If there is a kissing scene it can be a bit stressful [for a married man],” said Kwon, smiling.

He said that he enjoys watching TV with his wife. SBS’s reality show “My Ugly Ducklings” is one of his favorites.

“When I see the mothers of celebrities in the show, I feel like they are having a special experience, because it is not easy to communicate with your mother as you get older,” Kwon said.

He said that he hopes to also be in that show one day. “I think the relationship with your mother is more important than any other relationships. I sometimes imagine what I would say if I am on that program.”

About his friendship with famous comedian Jung Jun-ha, Kwon said that he immediately received a phone call after “Queen of Mystery” finished.

“Since Jung got married, I think he has seen a good change. I can tell that he is feeling burdened as the breadwinner of the family, and that he is really trying hard,” Kwon said.

Kwon is also known for his fit body, and said that he has been working out for about 20 years.

“It just became a part of my life,” he said. “When I don’t have anything planned for the day, I go to the gym in the morning. When I work out in the morning, I feel like I didn’t waste my day. When I am out filming, I carry dumbbells in the car.”

When asked if he could keep fit when he is old, he said that in Hollywood, there are lots of actors who still look classy even when older. “I want to keep working out until I reach 60,” Kwon said.

BY PARK JUNG-SUN [jeon.sohyun@joongang.co.kr]

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 1:55 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

Kwon Sang Woo with Sung Dong Il and Lee Kwang Soo for their film "탐정2"

source

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing the picture. I wonder why I hardly heard any news about "Detective 2" movie, huh? So, I almost forgot this film.I will be supporting him till the end.  Fighting, KSW!:tongue:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** I heard that KBS has confirmed that they have a second season of detective comedy "Mystery Queen", which is due to come on next February next year. But, Kwon Sang-woo, who played an ever-grumpy detective is still in the “positively considering” stage, the same thing with Choi Kang-hee. I'm not really into sequels or part 2s but in case he wants to do this again, I'll support him.  They are such a fun duo. I guess in this I will see where our main characters will go from where we last saw them in the original drama. The ending wasn't bad at all, though. It didn't bother me so much. I heard that the script work for "Mystery Queen 2" is still ongoing.  I hope the script will be better than the 1st one. I hope they won't change anything major except for her marriage. I don't want her back with her husband. I also really hope the full cast will sign on because the drama just won’t be the same without them.  I know "Mystery Queen" wasn't perfect because the show ended with too many unresolved issues but I love the characters. I hope they will wrap up all the loose ends they left open from season 1.   I like their bickering.  I LOVE Kwon Sang Woo! So, I can pass myself to watch Season 2 for Kwon Sang-woo. :tongue:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, irilight said:

Kwon Sangwoo is still So Hot

Actor Kwon Sang Woo and actress Son Tae Young couple attended fashion brand Balmain store opening event in Daegu. Kwon Sangwoo was wearing black shirts and black pants. He looked so cool.
With his lovely wife

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this.  I do very much agree to the title. KSW is still so HOT & sexy until now. At 41 years old (42 in lunar calendar) & being married, KSW can still make hearts skip a beat. His years in showbiz came with success & fame, but they also left a trail of intrigues & heartaches that the public could follow. Through it all, KSW prevailed & he let the issues slide & dies a natural death. He pays no mind to haters. Well, if you're not fooling anyone, if you're just being yourself, whatever people say, however people react to you, it doesn't matter at all. :tongue:

• Like 1

*** I've re-watched his last drama, "Queen of Mystery" since I wasn't able to watch this continuously during its airing then because of lack of time. The series contains a hefty dose of comedy. It’s quirky, it’s intelligent, and it re-adapts characters I know and love in familiar but fresh ways. I was ecstatic when I saw Kang Hee take on this role. She is back to her quirky, loveable character. :tongue:

• Like 2

On 8/28/2017 at 8:25 PM, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this.  I do very much agree to the title. KSW is still so HOT & sexy until now. At 41 years old (42 in lunar calendar) & being married, KSW can still make hearts skip a beat. His years in showbiz came with success & fame, but they also left a trail of intrigues & heartaches that the public could follow. Through it all, KSW prevailed & he let the issues slide & dies a natural death. He pays no mind to haters. Well, if you're not fooling anyone, if you're just being yourself, whatever people say, however people react to you, it doesn't matter at all

Hi @willenette. Of course - I  agree with you. He was one of the first Korean actors I saw (in Bad Love. At the time I had KBS on my cable).    I still need to watch his drama with Yeon Jung-Hoon and  Kim Hee-Sun - San Love Story. It is high on my list... Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-young look stunning at the mall

photo883851.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo and Son Tae-young were spotted at the mall. They attended the grand opening of the French brand BALMAIN, in a shopping mall in Daegu on the 26th.

They looked stunning at the event with Kwon Sang-woo wearing a collared shirt and black denim while Son Tae-young wore a tweed one-piece dress.

Kwon Sang-woo is currently in the making of "Accidental Detective 2" while Son Tae-young is resting after the MBC drama "You're Too Much".

photo883852.jpg

photo883853.jpg

Source

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irilight said:

Hi @willenette. Of course - I  agree with you. He was one of the first Korean actors I saw (in Bad Love. At the time I had KBS on my cable).    I still need to watch his drama with Yeon Jung-Hoon and  Kim Hee-Sun - San Love Story. It is high on my list... Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

Hi irilight, I've watched all his works.................."SLS" is sweet bitterness of first love. True love in Korean dramas is never a smooth one. Regrettably, "Sad Love Song" pretty much follows the conventional tragedy storyline to resolve the love triangle theme. It was actually the most anticipated TV drama in South Korea for the year. When Song Seung-hun's military draft dodging scandal surfaced in the midst of pre-production phase, it placed the success of this drama at stake, big time. The script was completely rewritten to accommodate the switch of the main character, placing more emphasis on Kwon Sang-woo's character.  Song Seung-hun's absence is definitely missed in "Sad Love Song." Kwon Sang-woo's ability to shed tears has enhanced from his STH days. Many heart-breaking scenes in this drama were carried out beautifully with Kwon Sang-woo's ability to act. The only little drawback to this role is his unnatural attempts of playing the guitar and the piano. The production team of "Sad Love Song" should be commended for their efforts. Even the haunting instrumental music, theme songs compliment scenes of "Sad Love Song" beautifully. The drama is highly emotional and things can get tearful. So many names for this drama such as Sad Love Story and Sad Sonata, though. :tongue:

• Like 1