Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

“Mystery Queen 2” And “Switch” Continue Close Race For First Place In Viewership Ratings

Mystery-Queen-2-Switch.png

The competition between currently airing Wednesday-Thursday dramas is as fierce as ever!

See Also: Kwon Sang Woo And Choi Kang Hee Make Close Eye Contact In "Mystery Queen 2"

Over the past couple of weeks, KBS2’s “Mystery Queen 2” and SBS’s “Switch” have been neck-and-neck in terms of viewership ratings.

While “Switch” came out on top during the last few weeks, “Mystery Queen 2” proved to be the favorite this week with its April 11-12 episodes.

According to Nielsen Korea, for the second day in a row, “Mystery Queen 2” was first place in its time slot with viewership ratings of 7.3 percent nationwide during its April 12 broadcast. This is a slight increase of 0.1 percent from its ratings the day prior. With just two episodes left, “Mystery Queen 2” is drawing more people in than weeks past.

SBS’s “Switch” maintained its position in second place, and recorded 5.7 and 6.8 percent in viewership nationwide while MBC’s “Hold Me Tight” saw ratings of 3.4 and 4.2 percent.

Which current Wednesday-Thursday drama is your favorite?

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** Time flies so fast that it seems this drama had just begun & now it's soon to wrap everything up. :lol:

“Mystery Queen 2” Maintains First Place In Its Time Slot With Penultimate Episode

Switch-Mystery-Queen-2-Hold-Me-Tight.png

With just one episode left, KBS2’s “Mystery Queen 2” continues its streak in first place in terms of viewership ratings!

The drama’s penultimate episode that aired on April 18 saw ratings of 7.2 percent nationwide according to Nielsen Korea. While a slight decrease from its previous ratings of 7.3 percent, “Mystery Queen 2” remained in first place for Wednesday-Thursday evening dramas, with many wondering if it can keep its momentum during its finale.

SBS’s “Switch,” which had been neck-and-neck with “Mystery Queen 2” for the past few weeks, saw a decrease in viewership ratings, recording 4.9 percent and 5.7 percent during the first and second half of its April 18 broadcast. This is 0.8 percent and 0.9 percent lower than its previous April 12 broadcast, but continued in second place.

MBC’s “Hold Me Tight” came in at third place, with viewership ratings of 3.2 percent and 4.0 percent.

Check out the latest episode of “Mystery Queen 2”!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

KWON Sang-woo, LEE Jung-hyun and LEE Jong-hyeuk to Become GUY GUY GIRL

SZAWNjsSUtJkWAZrddVJ.jpg

Actors KWON Sang-woo, LEE Jung-hyun andLEE Jong-hyeuk will join forces in the upcoming romantic comedy title Guy Guy Girl (translated title), which will mark the latest directorial outing of PARK Yong-jip.

KWON will next be seen on screens in a sequel to the 2015 Chuseok investigation comedy THE ACCIDENTAL DETECTIVE, which is currently in post-production. The original was the last big screen project he appeared in, but he has remained active in several successful TV dramas, including the current on-air Queen of Mystery 2 alongside CHOI Gang-hee.

Popular singer and actress LEE Jung-hyun has drawn praise for her roles in Juvenile Offender (2012) and Alice in Earnestland (2015) and most recently featured in RYOO Seung-wan’s big-budget action drama The Battleship Island (2017).

LEE Jong-hyeuk was recently on screens in the family drama Notebook from My Mother, which debuted at the Busan International Film Festival last October, and is also known for works such as Hindsight (2011) and Crush and Blush (2008).

Director PARK last helmed the thriller The File, released in 2015, which also featured LEE Jong-hyeuk. PARK debuted with Miss Gold Digger in 2007 and helmed the drama Hwang-goo in 2014.

Guy Guy Girl is expected to begin shooting in May with a release to follow at some point in the second half of the year.

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=4788&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 1:12 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see the movie. I guess this will be released on June. I've watched the part 1 & it's good. I highly anticipate this movie because of KSW.  It seems that he’s having so much fun in this role… I will always support him with all my heart. I'll take anything with him in it! Good luck, KSW! Let’s hope  this movie will do well box-office-wise.  Soon, he will be again busy promoting this movie.  I wish him all the best! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

[Videos] Kwon Sang-woo and Sung Dong-il Give a Breakdown of Their Film "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action"

photo975631.jpg

"The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" is looking like a lot of fun, which is exactly what Kwon Sang-woo and Sung Dong-il are having as they narrate this two and a half minute trailer.

"The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" (2018)

Directed by Lee Eon-hee

With Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il, Lee Kwang-soo, Seo Young-hee, Lee Il-hwa, Nam Myung-ryul,...

Wrapped up filming : 2017/09/11
Synopsis
A detective story about Kang Dae-man and Noh Tae-soo who recieve their first mysterious case after opening their detectives agency.

Release date in Korea : 2018/06/13

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

LINK to view the video : https://www.hancinema.net/videos-kwon-sang-woo-and-sung-dong-il-give-a-breakdown-of-their-film-the-accidental-detective-2-in-action-118777.html

[V Report] Cast of ‘The Accidental Detective 2’ talks with fans

Broadcast date: May 24
Starring: Cast of ‘The Accidental Detective 2,’ Jun Hyun-moo, Lee Jang-won, NU’EST W

Cast of ‘The Accidental Detective 2’

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180525

Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il and Lee Kwang-soo, the main cast of the upcoming comedy film “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action,” communicated with fans in a live interview held via Naver’s V app Thursday.

During the broadcast, Kwon and Sung expressed their thoughts on working with Lee who joined the series in the second film.

“The third film will feature a different expert. (Lee) won’t be on it,” Sung joked. In the new film, Lee plays a former cyber police who is a member of Mensa.

Comedian Park Kyung-lim, who hosted the interview, acknowledged Lee’s popularity, calling the actor “Asia’s Prince.”
Sung agreed, saying, “I went to Thailand with Kwang-soo a while ago and I could feel Kwang-soo’s popularity there.”

“They slipped snacks to him while shouting out ‘Kwang-soo oppa!’” he said.

Kwon said Lee mingled well without much awkwardness as a newcomer.

“He melted into us very naturally. It is amazing,” he said. “I met him for the first time through ‘The Accidental Detective’ but I knew that he was good (at acting) since I’ve seen him acting on TV.”

A sequel to director Kim Jung-hoon’s 2015 film, “The Accidental Detective 2” was helmed by director Lee Eon-hee.

It tells the story of Kang Dae-man, played by Kwon, who sells his comic book store and opens a private investigator agency. Contrary to his expectations, business is slow at the agency. The movie is set to hit cinemas here on June 13.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

'

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

[V Report Plus] Cast of ‘Accidental Detective’ to reveal behind-the-scenes stories

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180524

The main cast of upcoming comedy film “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” will hold a live broadcast via Naver’s V app on Thursday at 8 p.m. Among the actors are Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il and Lee Kwang-soo.

During the broadcast, the three will share their thoughts on the film and reveal anecdotes from the filming. They will also offer consultation on fans’ cases as investigators.

A sequel to director Kim Jung-hoon’s 2015 film, “The Accidental Detective 2” was helmed by director Lee Eon-hee.

It tells the story of Kang Dae-man, played by Kwon, who sells his comic book store and opens a private investigator agency. Contrary to his expectations, business is slow at the agency. The movie is set to hit cinemas here on June 13.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

May 31, 2018

[Herald Review] ‘Accidental Detective 2,’ pleasant mediocrity

By Yoon Min-sik

The plot is run-of-the-mill, the jokes are standard and you could probably see the twist coming from a mile away. “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” is by no means a stand-out masterpiece, but it is a funny little film that viewers can simply enjoy.

The film is a follow-up to the 2015 comedy film “The Accidental Detective.” It follows the story of Dae-man and Tae-soo -- played by Kwon Sang-woo and Sung Dong-il -- who become full-time private detectives after the events of the last film.

Taking the helm is director Lee Eon-hee, who showcases her talent for creating interesting characters.

“Dae-man and Tae-soo had already been established as attractive figures. I wanted the audience to feel the gravity of the case, but also show them solving a case in a way that it was impossible to hate,” Lee said.

“The Accidental Detective 2” starts off with the detectives investigating what appears to be an accidental death involving a train. But there have been a series of seemingly innocent accidental deaths of other youngsters, all of whom are traced back to an orphanage run by a kind-hearted man.

20180531000723_0.jpg

The whodunit element of the film is not essential, as the focal point of the flick lies in the hilarity of the duo tracking down the mystery.

Sung is one of those actors who can be funny without looking like a joke, and he again convincingly depicts a veteran detective with a slightly goofy side. Kwon’s boyish face and tiny voice -- coupled with his limited acting skills which are often ridiculed -- actually works well in playing a man-child whose immaturity is part of his charm.

Lee Kwang-soo’s acting can be over-the-top at times -- his exaggerated face that we’ve seen too many times in “Running Man” does not help -- but he does have some genuinely funny moments.

Considering that the mystery is an afterthought in the movie, the set-up and the twist itself -- while not shocking -- are not bad. It is very easy to pick out the real villain, but the motive is kept a mystery.

The lines are not particularly funny, but the way the script is acted out is what makes the film enjoyable to watch. There is one scene near the end where Lee’s character bluffs in the enemy headquarters. It would have been a very standard moment on paper, but the look on Lee’s face and the way he flips out caused the theater to erupt in laughter.

The movie does try a little too hard to be funny in the beginning, and it does feel at times that jokes are squeezed in at what could have been character-building moments. Action scenes are also not part of the film’s charm, as the most intense chase scene involves two scooters speeding at around 60 kph.

The movie ends on a high note, however, with the third act doing a good job of mixing humor and intensity with most of its jokes hitting the mark.

It is a fairly standard comedy flick, one that knows not to take itself too seriously and knows its job is to put a smile on people’s faces. Not groundbreaking or thought-provoking on any level, it is worth checking out if you’re looking to kill two hours without a care in the world.

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

*** I love their kind of relationship. :lol:

Kwon Sang Woo reveals his wife Son Tae Young shows his kiss scenes to their kids

kwon-sang-woo-son-tae-young.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang Woo shared his wife's reaction to his love scenes.

The May 31 airing of tvN's 'Life Bar' welcomed Kwon Sang Woo and Sung Dong Il of the new film 'The Accidental Detective 2: In Action' as the guests.

During the show, Kwon Sang Woo revealed, "My wife (Son Tae Young) shows my kiss scenes to our kids. She tells them, 'Look at dad. He's kissing another person'. Then my kids say, 'Daddy's bad!'" 

He also shared that Son Tae Young gives him cold looks at movie premiere events. Kwon Sang Woo added, "I don't watch my wife's kiss scenes. I think we both refrain from picking too aggravating films."

kwon-sang-woo_son-tae-young_1527781548_o

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

Kwon Sang-woo returns to the big screen : Since ‘The Accidental Detective’ in 2015, the star has focused on TV

08202957.jpg

Actor Kwon Sang-woo has returned to the big screen with his new comedy crime thriller, “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action,” that hits theaters on June 13. Through his roles in films such as the melodrama “Stairway to Heaven” (2003), “My Tutor Friend” (2003), and “Spirit of Jeet Keun Do” (2004), he rapidly rose to stardom and became one of the most recognizable Korean actors throughout Asia.

His most recent appearance was on the second season of the KBS drama “Queen of Mystery,” which ran from Feb. 28 to April 19. On the show, he plays the tenacious detective Ha Wan-seung, who works alongside Yoo Seol-ok, played by actor Choi Kang-hee.

Ending with a relatively-low viewership rating of 7.8 percent, this is the first time that the second season of a drama produced by a major terrestrial network was written by the same scriptwriter and featured the original cast.

In the upcoming movie “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action,” directed by Lee Eon-hie, Kwon also plays the role of a detective. This film, a sequel to the 2015 movie “The Accidental Detective” directed by Kim Joung-hoon, is Kwon’s first movie in three years.

In the original, which was seen by roughly 2.6 million people, Kwon plays a wannabe detective who makes a living as a comic book store owner.

The previous film centered on the effort by No Tae-su (Sung Dong-il), a police detective, and Kang Dae-man (Kwon) to catch the culprits behind the three murder cases.

Despite some conflicts, the two successfully catch the perpetrators and the movie ends with the two characters establishing their own private investigation company.

The sequel picks up where the previous film left off. Along with some familiar faces, including actors Seo Young-hee and Lee Il-hwa, who play the wives of the investigative duo, the comedy also features new faces like Lee Kwang-soo and Son Dam-bi. Lee’s character Yeo-chi, a former skilled worker of the Cyber Bureau, joins the duo as they work to solve crimes.

Prior to the movie’s release, Kwon sat with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, to talk about the movie and his previous work. The following are edited excerpts of the interview.

08203020.jpg

Spoiler

Q. What motivated you to participate in both “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” and “Queen of Mystery?”

A
. I would say my biggest reason is the people that I am working with. It was really nice to work with such [brilliant] actors.

Who did you enjoy working with the most? Can you pick an actor from each project?

Actors Sung Dong-il from the “Accidental Detective” series and Choi Gang-hee from “Queen of Mystery” are probably who I’ve most enjoyed working with.

Why did you sign on to be a part of the second season of “Queen of Mystery” despite the show’s low ratings?

“Queen of Mystery” didn’t have really high [ratings] despite having a secure fan base, but that didn’t matter that much to me. I continued to shoot scenes for the second season because the actors really trusted each other.

Many people have an impression that you are a capable actor that can turn any movie or drama into a series. What are your thoughts on this?

Um, I think that’s really hard to say at the moment. If “Accidental Detective 2” does well, then I could say that this characterization is true. [Regardless], I really do like that people think of me in such a way.

What kind of work do you want to do in the future?

Let’s see. I would really like to work on a series that leaves an impression on audiences such as Iron Man, so that [my acting] can be remembered. That’s another reason why I like “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” because we have a [huge] fan base of middle-aged and elderly people.

Were there any major difficulties you faced while filming “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action”?

I was really concerned that I would appear fatter than I am on screen. Currently, I weigh 75 kg (165 lbs) but I once weighed over 80 kg, which was a huge shock. I had to exercise a lot to reach my current weight. Exercising and keeping my body in shape became difficult tasks for me after I got married. Maybe this is due to my age.

What are you working on at the moment?

Well, I’ll soon be shooting scenes for an action movie, so I’m trying to get my body into shape. Since I love to eat, I thought that it would be impossible for me to go on a diet. I’m trying to take a chance though.

It’s been three years since the first “The Accidental Detective” film hit theaters. How has your career changed since then?

Over the past three years, I have been constantly filming dramas and working outside of Korea. Even though I was pretty busy, that was the last film I worked on, so I felt excluded from the film industry.

What meaning do movies have in your life?

Since my childhood, I have really loved watching movies. And because I loved them so much, I decided to become an actor.

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG [lee.jeonghyun@joongang.co.kr ]

Spoiler

The Genealogy of Korean Youth Films

The Evolving Passions and Fears of Korea’s Youth Reflected in Film

With the commercial success of YIM Soon-rye’s Little Forest and the critical acclaim of JEON Go-woon’sMicrohabitat this year, the Korean youth film has been making a quiet but emphatic comeback. Finding new ways to appeal to viewers who may feel suffocated by the alacritous pace of Korea’s urban spaces in the modern age, these films and others are tapping into the ever-shifting concerns of those who have just entered the adult world.

More than any other genre, the youth film is prone to drastic changes as the makeup and interests of youth generations constantly change. Nowhere is this truer than in Korea, a country that has experienced starker changes than most in its modern era. Over the course of just over 50 years, the youth film has remained a staple of Korean cinema though one that has been in perpetual flux.

Commercial Colors of Millennial Youth Films

With the rise of Korean cinema as a whole around the turn of the millennium, youth films also saw an uptick in production, populated by the many popular new faces of the day. Many of these were romantic comedies, but several over films exploring the angst and malaise of Korea’s youth also cropped up during this period.

My Tutor Friend

MsQGbvIBazGJMaaFoGMP.jpg

One of the most successful among the many romantic comedies of the early 2000s, My Tutor Friend (2003) brought together two new young stars, KIM Ha-neul (Blind, 2011) and KWON Sang-woo, as a pair of 21-year-olds from different walks in life. The film was the debut of KIM Kyung-hyung, who went on to make Liar (2004) and Woojoo's Christmas (2016).

Spirit of Jeet Keun Do - Once Upon a Time in High School

gTwFJgqtDTdYBCGeULtg.jpg

Between his steamy affair drama Marriage Is a Crazy Thing (2002) and his gangster classic A Dirty Carnival (2006), direct YOO Ha helmed the high school drama Spirit Of Jeet Keun Do - Once Upon A Time In High School (2004), which provided another hit role for KWON Sang-woo. This time he plays a rebellious student in the 1970s who tries to get by in his school’s hierarchy through the power of his fists. YOO’s film uses its period setting to evoke nostalgia while also referencing the harsh realities of growing up in Korea under the heavy thumb of higher powers.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=418&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

*** I hope the movie will do well box-office wise..... :lol:

Korean Movie Opening Today 2018/06/13 in Korea

photo980984.jpg

Korean movie opening today 2018/06/13 in Korea: "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" (2018).

Directed by Lee Eon-hee

With Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il, Lee Kwang-soo, Seo Young-hee, Lee Il-hwa, Nam Myung-ryul,...

Synopsis
A detective story about Kang Dae-man and Noh Tae-soo who recieve their first mysterious case after opening their detectives agency.

Source : /www.hancinema.net/al...

*** “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” is a box office hit! Wahhh..........I'm happy for KSW!  I read that on the fifth day of its release, the movie surpassed 1 million moviegoers on June 17 at around 7:50 p.m. KST. I remember Kwon Sang Woo made a promise to do 100 push-ups in case the movie will  have a 1 million pass audience! Here's the clip of him doing push-ups :Fighting! :lol:  Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action”!

cr-soompi news

[Interview] Kwon Sang-woo Shares His Love for His Family

photo982033.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo has been married for 10 years now and still full of love for his wife, Son Tae-young.

As an actor, Kwon Sang-woo symbolizes 'muscular body' and 'handsome face'. Sometimes, his performance is underestimated because of his handsome face.

He has recently starred in the drama "Mystery Queen Season 2" and the movie "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action".

He says he's grateful. "I'm still nervous and anxious. I am also curious to see how the second movie turns out compared to the first".

photo982034.jpg

About his wife Son Tae-young, he said, "My wife is always new to me. She always smells good and she's always pretty".

"She doesn't leave our kids to someone to take care of them, but she does everything herself and I'm thankful for that".

"She takes care of everything; even my underwear".

It's been 10 years, but he's still a lover for his wife Son Tae-young.

"The 28th of September is our 10 year anniversary. We are planning on a renewal wedding with our son Rook-hee and daughter Ri-ho".

He feels pressured by the second "Accidental Detective" movie. "It's a good feeling though", he says, and he looks forward to looking at the public's reaction.

"I wouldn't have done either of them if I was worried about "Mystery Queen" and "Accidental Detective" overlapping. I am just grateful that we have solid fans of both the drama and the movie".

Kwon Sang-woo is proud to be in a series.

"I loved working with everyone. It's a great thing to have a partner you can get along with otherwise..."

Kwon Sang-woo picked 'quick reaction' and 'good sense' as his merits.

photo982035.jpg

"I'm also diligent and when I say diligent, I mean I'm a guy from Daechun who came to Seoul with nothing just because I wanted to be an actor. Be diligent and you'll get what you want".

Kwon Sang-woo debuted in 2011 and it's been 17 years since he started acting.

What's his life's work?

"I can say it's the movie "Pained"".

"I still want to cry when I think about it and I'm so happy when people recognize me as the guy from "Pained"".

"Nam-soon was the perfect character and I really related to him well. It's just a shame the movie didn't do so well. If I could, I would like to try a character like Nam-soon again".

"I've said this before, but no matter how good the scenario or the character is, if I think there's someone out there who can do it better than I can, then I say so".

Kwon Sang-woo is a fool for his daughter, Ri-ho.

He was asked what the most happiest thing in his recent life was and he said, "I was coming out today dressed nicely for the interview when my four-year-old girl says, "Daddy looks nice". It made me so happy".

Kwon Sang-woo sure has a lot of love for his wife and his children.

Spoiler

photo982036.jpg

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

"The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" Breaks 1 Million Viewers in 5 Days

photo982032.jpg

The movie "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" hit the million mark just 5 days after its release on the 17th.

Sherlock fanatic Kang Dae-man (Kwon Sang-woo) and legendary detective Noh Tae-soo (Sung Dong-il) set up a detective agency and recruit former cyber analyst Yeo-chi (Lee Kwang-soo) in "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action", which broke through the one million mark on the 17th at 7:50PM.

This tops the speed at which the first movie of the series grew and it also boosts the results of the entire "Detective K" series as well as the "Tazza: The High Rollers" series.

This breakthrough by "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" is faster than the comedy movie "Keys to the Heart", which recorded 3.4 million views this year. "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" levels with "Confidential Assignment", "The Sheriff In Town" and "Twenty".

Rumors of "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" are spreading and the drama is going uphill and it seems it's going to stay that way for a while.

"The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" is also a combination of the chemistry between Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il and Lee Kwang-soo.

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.06.22 ~ 2018.06.24

photo983175.jpg

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.06.22 ~ 2018.06.24

The number one movie this week is "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" (탐정: 리턴즈)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2018.06.22 - 2018.06.24 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" (탐정: 리턴즈) 2018/06/13 627 036 2 032 622
2 "JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM"   335 042 5 282 823
3 "Ocean's 8"   241 852 1 047 253
4 "Believer" (독전) 2018/05/22 86 199 4 978 242
5 "Midnight Sun"   54 542 74 045
6 "Student A" (여중생A) 2018/06/20 41 530 64 363
7 "I Feel PRETTY"   17 847 213 598
8 "Avatar"   16 863 13 325 055
9 "Ayla: The Daughter of War" (아일라) 2018/06/21 15 771 23 671
10 "The Shonku Diaries - A Unicorn Adventure"   10 831 11 579
Korean movies only  
  "Sunset in My Hometown" (변산) 2018/07/04 5 237 13 018
  "Herstory" (허스토리) 2018/06/27 3 767 31 270
  "Loser's Adventure" (튼튼이의 모험) 2018/06/21 1 335 2 810
  "The Pension" (더 펜션) 2018/06/21 1 014 2 570
  "Witch" (마녀) 2018/06/27 945 6 358
  "Gate" (게이트) 2018/06/20 583 771
  "Church Sister" (교회누나) 2018/06/21 179 179
  "Burning" (버닝) 2018/05/17 156 527 710
  "Sermon on the Mount" (산상수훈) 2017/12/07 135 44 480
  "An Affair : Campus Couple" (정사 : 캠퍼스 커플) 2018/06/22 129 129

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

[Video] "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" Shares Its Best Scenes

photo983384.jpg

Check out the best scenes of "The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" in the newest trailer.

https://vimeo.com/276949671

"The Best of" Scenes

"The Accidental Detective 2: In Action" (2018)

Directed by Lee Eon-hee

With Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il, Lee Kwang-soo, Seo Young-hee, Nam Myung-ryul, Choi Deok-moon,...

Synopsis

Release date in Korea : 2018/06/13

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

7 Filipino Actors Who Played Your Favorite Korean Actors’ Drama Characters

From Gong Yoo to Kim Soo Hyun, these Filipino actors were cast as the local versions of your favorite Korean actors’ drama characters in the Philippines.

The Philippines has been importing Korean dramas since 2003 through local networks GMA, ABS-CBN, TV5, and even government-controlled channel PTV.

Aside from localizing the dramas by means of dubbing, local networks have expanded the localization of a number of dramas by remaking them and adding flavors suitable to the Philippine palate. At present, there are a total of 16 dramas remade whose original versions were also aired on local television.

A rumored remake of the hit Korean dramas Descendants of the Sun and Boys Over Flowers are also reportedly on the way. The buzz has been on since last year about Filipino actor Alden Richards becoming the Philippines’ Captain Yoo Si Jin.

Still, before Richards officially (if true) takes on the duty to be Big Boss, let us look back on the previous local adaptations and the Filipino actors who took on the pressure and burden to follow in the footsteps of top Korean actors including Gong Yoo, Hyun Bin, Won Bin, and more.

In this article, we list down seven Filipino actors who played your favorite Korean actor’s drama characters.

3. Dingdong Dantes

In 2009, GMA produced the Philippine remake of Stairway to Heaven. It starred Filipino actor Dingdong Dantes, who is dubbed as the network’s Primetime King, as Pocholo “Cholo” Fuentebella, the local version of Kwon Sang Woo’s Cha Song Joo.

Moreover, Dantes once again participated in another remake of a Korean drama via GMA in 2010 through Endless Love, the Philippine remake of the 2000 Korean drama, Autumn in My Heart. He took on the role of Johnny Dizon, the counterpart of Song Seung Heon’s Yoon Joon Suh in the original version.

Endless-Love.jpg?w=426&ssl=1

Spoiler

Who is Dingdong Dantes?

Dantes started his television career as a commercial model for a dairy product at the age of two. He then joined an all-male dance group called Abztract Dancers before transitioning as an actor via Shake, Rattle, and Roll V. He has acted in numerous dramas and films. His latest project is the film Sid and Aya (Not A Love Story) which is currently being shown in Philippine cinemas.

Additionally, he was the Commissioner-at-Large of the National Youth Commission from 2014 to 2016.

Dingdong-Dantes.jpg?w=466&ssl=1

skipped unrelated.....

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

THE ACCIDENTAL DETECTIVE Investigates 14 Markets

CJ Scores Strong Sales for Action-Comedy Sequel, Investigates Global Market

wxYrWSwXzGbWRRcWDKRB.jpg

Action-comedy The Accidental Detective 2: In Action is preparing to meet audiences around the world after investor and distributor CJ Entertainment announced that the film has been sold to 14 countries. The sequel is already a hit at home, having surpassed its predecessor’s total with over 2.88 million admissions (USD 22.15 million) banked to date.

Following its domestic release on June 13, the investigative duo played by KWON Sang-woo and SUNG Dong-il met with American and Canadian audiences after going on release in North America on June 22. Throughout this month the film will find more viewers across Asia and Oceania, with theatrical release dates booked in Malaysia (July 12), Vietnam (July 13), Australia and New Zealand (July 19) as well as Taiwan (July 27).

Other territories the film has been sold to include Japan, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines, bringing the total amount of markets to 14 to date.

The first THE ACCIDENTAL DETECTIVE (2015) was directed by KIM Joung-hoon and released during the Chuseok holiday season in 2015. The sequel adds popular TV actor LEE Kwang-soo to the mix and was directed by E.oni, who last helmed the kidnap thriller MISSING (2016). The film has exceeded expectations, despite opening just as Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was chomping down on the box office.

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=4881&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Koreans Vote For The Most Handsome Male Stars

Koreans voted for the stars that they think are the most handsome.

The July 6 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly” revealed the results of an annual online survey from the KBS Broadcast Research Institute. The survey took place from May 17 to 21 for a total of five days, and 1,034 men and women over 19 years old from all over the country named which celebrities (including athletes) they thought were the most handsome, with a total of 1,013 stars listed.

Jang Dong Gun took first place, showing an especially high number of votes from people in their 40s to 60s. Second place went to Kang Dong Won, who notably had the highest number of female votes. Third place went to Won Bin, while fourth place went to Jung Woo Sung, and Park Bo Gum took fifth place.

Check out the Top 30 below!

1. Jang Dong Gun
  2. Kang Dong Won
  3. Won Bin
  4. Jung Woo Sung
  5. Park Bo Gum
  6. Daniel Henney
  7. Kang Shin Sung Il
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Gong Yoo
  11. Hyun Bin
  12. Namgoong Won
  13. Go Soo
  14. So Ji Sub
  15. Bae Yong Joon
  16. Ahn Jung Hwan
  17. Kim Soo Hyun
  18. Ahn Sung Ki
  19. Choi Bool Am
  20. Cha In Pyo
  21. Song Seung Heon
  22. Park Chan Ho
  23. Lee Byung Hun
  24. Ji Chang Wook
  25. Ki Sung Yueng
  26. Kwon Sang Woo
  27. Lee Min Ho
  28. Kang Suk Woo
  29. Choi Soo Jong
  30. Park Seo Joon

Source (1) / soompi news

***I'm happy that this movie is a box-office hit! I heard that it started being shown worldwide several weeks ago. I'm definitely sure that this won't be shown in my side since K-movies are rarely released here. :P

Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Kwang Soo, And Sung Dong Il Celebrate Their Film Surpassing 3 Million Moviegoers

Kwon-Sang-Woo-Lee-Kwang-Soo-Sung-Dong-Il

“The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” continues its success at the box office!

According to the Korean Film Council, as of 1:45 p.m. KST on July 7, “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” had recorded a total of 3,008,411 moviegoers.

The film has now surpassed the box office records of other comedies that premiered this year, such as “Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead,” “What a Man Wants,” and “Love Sling.” It also managed to achieve this feat in spite of some fierce competition at the box office from newer films like “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” “Ocean’s 8,” “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion,” and “Sunset in My Hometown.”

The success of “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” was possible due to moviegoers’ continuing interest and their word-of-mouth recommendations. It currently has a 96 percent rating on cinema chain CGV’s Golden Egg index, as well as an average viewer rating of 9.05 on Naver.

The stars of the film shared photos commemorating the event on Instagram. In addition to a thumbs-up, Kwon Sang Woo held up a handwritten sign that said, “‘The Accidental Detective 2: In Action’ has surpassed 3 million!! Thank you.”

“The Accidental Detective 2: In Action” premiered on June 13 and quickly hit the 1 million and 2 million viewer marks not long afterwards.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

***KSW is now a brilliant businessman. So he's currently into real estate, which is great to know! He is really good at managing his investments. I'm happy for him. :P

Kwon Sang Woo Purchases 28 Billion Won Building

Kwon-Sang-Woo-1.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo has acquired another building.

See Also: Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Kwang Soo, And Sung Dong Il Celebrate Their Film Surpassing 3 Million Moviegoers

According to the real estate industry, on May 16, Kwon Sang Woo bought a 28 billion won (approximately $25 million) building through his company KGB Film, of which he is the president of. He reportedly settled the balance on June 29. The building is located in the Deungchon neighborhood in Seoul, and is a five minute walk from Jeungmi station, a stop on Line 9 of the Seoul subway system.

The site is 1,707.8 square meters (approximately 18,400 square feet) and the total floor area is 12,556.21 square meters (approximately 135,000 square feet) with four underground levels and 10 above ground levels. Using the building as collateral, the actor reportedly took out a 24 billion won (approximately $21.5 million) loan from the bank. With a security deposit of 1.9 billion won (approximately $1.7 million) and a monthly rent of 140 million won (approximately $126,000), it has a high rental yield at 6 percent.

Kwon-Sang-Woo.jpg

Park Won Seo, a team leader at a building brokerage firm, stated, “The biggest advantage of the building in Deungchon that Kwon Sang Woo recently purchased is that it has a high rate of return of above 6 percent, so it will likely have a high rental yield. There is also a lot of rich history around the building.” He added, “We believe this is a similar case to actor Lee Byung Hun recently purchasing a building near Sunyudo station through his family firm for 26 billion won (approximately $23.3 million).”

Kwon Sang Woo married his wife Son Tae Young in 2008. Since then, he has been active in real estate. In 2013, the actor purchased a building in the Bundang district, which he named ROOKIEN1129, a combination of his son’s name and his mother’s birthday. The actor personally was involved in the purchase of the land, as well as in the design and construction of the 23 billion won (approximately $20.6 million) building.

In 2014, Kwon Sang Woo purchased a shopping center building in the Cheongdam neighborhood for 8 billion won (approximately $7.2 million) and gifted it to his wife. In April 2015, he bought a two-story factory in the Seongsu neighborhood for 8 billion won (approximately $7 million), which is now valued at 12 billion won (approximately $10.8 million). The actor also reportedly bought a vacation penthouse for 1.7 billion won (approximately $1.5 million) on the Gold Coast in Australia for his family.

With his most recent purchase, the actor’s real estate investments can be valued at approximately 71 billion won (approximately $63.7 million).

Kwon Sang Woo recently starred in “The Accidental Detective 2” with Sung Dong Il, which celebrated surpassing 1 million moviegoers last month. He also appeared in KBS drama “Queen of Mystery 2,” which concluded in April.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** KSW's name is mentioned....................

Defector BJ Han Song Yi says she decided to leave North Korea after falling in love with Lee Min Ho

lee-min-ho_1532026512_%E3%85%97%E3%85%97

On the July 19 airing of MBC FM4U's 'Ji Suk Jin's 2 O'Clock Date', Han Song Yi shared, "My mother's generation loved Kwon Sang Woo. He was extremely popular. I feel like the female defectors probably left (the North) after watching 'Stairway to Heaven'."

Jung-Jun-Ha-kwon-sang-woo_1485627520_af_

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop