Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

6 hours ago, irilight said:

Updated photos of Kwon Sang-Woo, Son Tae-Young, and their kids.

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the pictures.  NICE that the couple celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary with a family photo shoots for Marie Claire Korea. . Time flies so fast. I remember their wedding was the talk of the town then, since Son Tae Young was already expecting their firstborn that time. Kwon Sang Woo’s son is so handsome, right & really resembles him. Their daughter looks adorable too. Congratulations to the celebrity couple!  They're such a happy family. I'm proud of them. I'm happy for KSW, he deserves it! :P

2018091700952_14176006696410811751.jpg

pp080928000537417601570286439492.jpg

cr-breathlesssurvival

On 9/17/2018 at 11:00 PM, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the pictures.  NICE that the couple celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary with a family photo shoots for Marie Claire Korea. . Time flies so fast. I remember their wedding was the talk of the town then, since Son Tae Young was already expecting their firstborn that time. Kwon Sang Woo’s son is so handsome, right & really resembles him. Their daughter looks adorable too. Congratulations to the celebrity couple!  They're such a happy family. I'm proud of them. I'm happy for KSW, he deserves it! :P

@willenette, I share all your sentiments above.
Indeed - what a beautiful family they are.

There is another article featuring these photos HERE

wada.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

October 8, 2018

Taiwanese star got nervous watching Kwon Sang-woo's acting in original 'More than Blue'

By Shim Sun-ah

BUSAN, Oct. 8 (Yonhap) -- "More than Blue" is a Taiwanese melodrama film about a terminally ill man's sad love story. It is a remake of a 2009 South Korean romance movie of the same English name starring Kwon Sang-woo and Lee Bo-young.

"I briefly saw the original film and got really nervous watching how Kwon acts," Jasper Liu, who plays the male protagonist of the new movie, said during a press conference on the sidelines of the Busan International Film Festival on Sunday. "So I stopped watching it, fearing I might want to repeat after his way of acting."

The film by Taiwanese director Gavin Lin premiered at the festival in the southern South Korean city of Busan on Sunday night.

AEN20181008005000315_02_i.jpg

The Taiwanese heartthrob said he saw many other films starring Kwon, particularly his action-packed films, because he is one of his favorite Korean actors.

"I pondered a lot over how to show a totally different side of me while shooting the film," he said, adding that his long, curled hair in the film was part of such efforts to look different.

It marked Liu's fifth visit to South Korea for promotional activities for his films.

Director Lin, best known for "Welcome to the Happy Days" (2015), said he wanted to make a Taiwanese version fully charged with the country's unique emotions, having been deeply impressed by the original Korean story.

Unlike the original, the Taiwanese version has lots of comical scenes in the first half and features contemporary people's attitudes toward love.

(skipped unrelated.....)

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• 4 weeks later...

K-Dramas That Gave Actors Their Big Break

All it takes is one killer role for an actor to become a Hallyu star and secure his position in the Korean entertainment industry. A lot of actors go unnoticed and struggle for many years before they make their big break-out role. Here’s to all those actors who worked hard to make a name for themselves (and continue to work hard). Check out our list of K-dramas that boosted actors into the spotlight!

Kwon Sang Woo in “Stairway to Heaven”

kwon-sang-woo.jpg

It’s hard to mention classic K-dramas without mentioning Kwon Sang Woo. His role as the rich CEO named Cha Song Joo in the melodrama “Stairway to Heaven” was the first watched series for many K-drama fans. It is a tragic love story that has become one of the most unforgettable roles in Kwon Sang Woo’s repertoire of dramas!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 4 weeks later...

Celebs react to first snow of winter

South Koreans saw the first snow of this winter on Saturday, which happened to be the highest level of snowfall in history.

With snow having piled up to 8.8 centimeters in Seoul as of 10 a.m., celebrities were quick to go on Instagram and share their reaction to an unexpected surprise from Mother Nature.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20181125

Kwon Sang-woo & Son Tae-young

(Son Tae-young's Instagram)

Actress Son Tae-young took to her Instagram and shared a loved-up snap of her husband Kwon Sang-woo alongside their children looking out the window and taking in a snow-covered view of their building block.

With the kids closely positioned to Kwon and the couple’s apartment dimly lit, the snap made for a perfect Christmas postcard.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201811251310074877753_2

• 2 weeks later...

*** Ceremony will be on 2018/12/31.

To vote for the actors and couple popular on KBS, you have to go to this page :
program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/2018dramaawards/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

You can sign up here :
https://sso.kbs.co.kr/SSO/KBSWeb/member/MemberJoin00SNEN.php

KBS Drama Awards 2018 Nominees - Dramas

photo1021868.jpg

photo1021870.jpg

Thursday-Wednesday Dramas

"Black Knight"
"Mystery Queen Season 2"
"Suits"
"Your House Helper"
"The Ghost Detective"
"Feel Good To Die"

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

KBS Drama Awards 2018 Most Popular Couple Online Vote

photo1023617.jpg

KBS Drama Awards 2018 most popular couple Online vote for the 2018/12/31 ceremony.

To vote for the actors and couple on KBS, you have to go to this page :
program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/2018dramaawards/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

You can sign up here :
https://sso.kbs.co.kr/SSO/KBSWeb/member/MemberJoin00SNEN.php

Most Popular Couple

Yoo Dong-geunJang Mi-hee - "Shall We Live Together"
Lee Sang-wooHan Ji-hye - "Shall We Live Together"
Kang Eun-takLee Young-ah - "Love Until the End"
Seo Kang-joonGong Seung-yeon - "Are You Human Too"
Ha Seok-jinBona - Your House Helper
Yoon Doo-joonKim So-hyun - "Radio Romance"
Park Si-hooSong Ji-hyo - "Lovely Horribly"
Jang Dong-gunPark Hyung-sik - "Suits"
Park Yoon-jaeSeo Hyo-rim - "Get Out of the Way, Fate"
Choi DanielPark Eun-bin - "The Ghost Detective"
Kim Myung-minKim Hyun-joo - "Miracle That We Met
Kim Myung-minRa Mi-ran - "Miracle That We Met
Choi DanielBaek Jin-hee - "Jugglers"
Kang Ji-hwanBaek Jin-hee - "Feel Good To Die"
Cha Tae-hyunBae Doona - "Matrimonial Chaos"
Kwon Sang-wooChoi Kang-hee - "Mystery Queen Season 2"
Lee Jang-wooUEE - My Only One
Kim Rae-wonShin Se-kyung - "Black Knight"
Choi Soo-jongJin Kyung - "My Only One"
Ra Mi-ranKai - Miracle That We Met

Vote on KBS here : program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/2018dramaawards/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

Source : program.kbs.co.kr/2tv...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*** I just finished watching “Mystery Queen 2”. There is not much of a season 1 continuation except on the main characters and very little on their back story which carries over from the previous season. I will try not to compare both seasons but I noticed that the character and criminal attributes in this season were weaker than season 1. As usual, I love the working chemistry of Choi Kang hee and Kwon Sang woo. The ending felt rushed, though – my opinion. The budding romance between Seol Ok and Wan Seung that was so promising in the first half of the drama kind of faded into the background. :lol:

I've also watched “Accidental Detective 2”. It is a funny little film that viewers can simply enjoy. The lines are not particularly funny, but the way the script is acted out is what makes the film enjoyable to watch. Of course, a sequel always needs at least one new character. In this case, it is the hacker Hopper, played by Lee Kwang-soo. :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

Stairway to Heaven

stiarway-to-heaven.jpg

Starring Kwon Sang Woo as Song Joo and Choi Ji Woo as Jung Seo, “Stairway to Heaven” was the popular SBS K-drama that aired in 2003. Not only were the two main leads mega stars, the extended cast was also reputable — Shin Hyun Joon, Kim Tae Hee, Park Shin Hye, Lee Wan, and Baek Sung Hyun.

The story is a heartbreaking one, as Song Joo and Jung Seo fall in love at a young age, but are torn apart as they get older. When the two meet again, Jung Seo gets into a tragic accident and suffers from amnesia, which obviously prevents her from being able to remember Song Joo.

I remember first watching this series and bawling my eyes out. It was a tragic fate that the two lovers had been met with, and it seemed like they just couldn’t catch a break! Although it’s sad, the story is pretty dramatic, therefore really easy to binge. The chemistry between Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo is also worth mentioning, because they’ll have your heart totally aching!

stairway-to-heaven.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Sina.Com Names Ji Chang-wook, Lee Joon-gi, Song Seung-heon, and More as 15 TOP Hallyu stars

photo1050638.jpg

Ji Chang-wook, EXO's Sehun, EXO, Rain, Lee Joon-gi, Super Junior, Ahn Jae-wook, Song Seung-heon, Won Bin, Bae Yong-joon, Kwon Sang-woo, So Ji-sub, Jo In-sung, TVXQ, and Hyun Bin are the TOP 15 Hallyu stars provided by Sina-Com's Star Service.

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

• 1 month later...

Comedy Action Film Starring Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Yi Kyung, And More Begins Filming

f0e1e14534384a7fa03c07a40d7ca740.jpeg?s=

Upcoming comedy action film “Hitmen” has begun filming after finalizing its cast. It stars Kwon Sang Woo, Jung Joon Ho, Hwang Woo Seul Hye, Lee Yi Kyung, and Lee Ji Won.

After completing their script reading on May 16, the cast officially began to film on May 21. “Hitmen” is about nationally treasured special agent Jun (played by Kwon Sang Woo) who begins the second stage of his life as a webtoon writer.

KSW.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo has recently received love for his work in the film “The Accidental Detective 2: In Action,” and the drama “Mystery Queen 2.” Through his character Jun, the actor plans to showcase very realistic and down-to-earth acting, in addition to his action-packed scenes. After appearing in hit drama “SKY Castle,” Jung Joon Ho will portray NIS agent Deok Gyu, who is a charismatic and funny character.

While having showcased honest and random charms through “Sunkissed Family” and “Drinking Alone,” Hwang Woo Seul Hye will play Jun’s wife Mina, and plans to show viewers a realistic image of married couples with Kwon Sang Woo.

HWSH.jpg

With actors who received love from such diverse projects, viewers can look forward to the chemistry between all of their characters.

HM.jpg

Catch Kwon Sang Woo in his latest drama “Mystery Queen 2” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• 1 month later...

"Stairway to Heaven" Resurfaces on Real Time Search

photo1077405.jpg

"Stairway to Heaven" is drawing attention.

According to EDGE TV, the first and second episodes of "Stairway to Heaven" were broadcasted on the 1st from 10:30AM.

"Stairway to Heaven" is a 2003-2004 drama about forbidden love that revolves around four men and women starring Choi Ji-woo, Kwon Sang-woo, Shin Hyun-joon, Kim Tae-hee and then child actors Park Shin-hye and Lee Wan. The drama recorded over 40% in viewing percentage at the time.

The drama won Choi Ji-woo the Most Popular Drama Actress award, Park Shin-hye the Best Child Actress award, and Kim Tae-hee The New Star Award.

Meanwhile, "Stairway to Heaven" broadcasts two episodes every Monday to Friday at 10:30AM on EDGE TV.

"Stairway to Heaven" is directed by Lee Jang-soo, written by Kim Nam-hee, Moon Hee-jeong, Park Hye-kyeong, and features Kwon Sang-woo, Choi Ji-woo, Shin Hyun-joon, Kim Tae-hee, Lee Hwi-hyang, Ha Jae-young. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2003/12/03~2004/02/05, on SBS.

Source : www.theceluv.com/arti...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

*** I'm happy that I could get to see him again on the screen. :P

Upcoming Film Starring Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Jung Hyun, And Lee Jong Hyuk Reveals New Teaser and Posters

f62784707f45475db6d6979e9c8107dc.jpeg?s=

“Shall We Do It Again” (literal title) starring Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Jung Hyun, and Lee Jong Hyuk is coming soon!

On September 3, the comedic first trailer for “Shall We Do It Again” was released, along with the character posters.

“Shall We Do It Again” is a romantic comedy about married couple Sun Young (Lee Jung Hyun) and Hyun Woo (Kwon Sang Woo) and Hyun Woo’s old friend Sang Chul (Lee Jong Hyuk). Following the couple’s ceremony to commemorate their divorce, the barely separated pair gets tied up again once Sang Chul starts seeing Sun Young.

The trailer starts off with one of the film’s three focal points, “choice and concentration.” Married couple Hyun Woo (Kwon Sang Woo) and Sun Young (Lee Jung Hyun) are arguing, with him insisting, “I’m not doing that,” and Sun Young yelling, “We’re doing it!” The teaser pans to what initially appears to be the pair’s wedding, but then it is announced that the two are getting divorced. At work, Sung Dong Il announces, “Everything depends on choice and concentration. Either you quit your job, or you quit on your family like Hyun Woo.”

The second focal point is “an unfortunate meeting.” Sang Chul (Lee Jong Hyuk) tells Hyun Woo that he’s met a girl he wants to properly pursue. The two debate whether it’s okay that she’s a divorcee, until Hyun Woo realizes that his friend is talking about his ex-wife.

The third point is “divorcee vs. divorcee,” as the trio is seen having drinks altogether. Sang Chul makes the connection that his friend and current girlfriend have both been previously married, but fails to realize they were married to each other. He says to his girlfriend that his friend described his ex-wife as crazy, and when he asks Sun Young how her ex-husband was, she angrily responds, “He was like a dog.”

The posters show each character deep in their own dilemmas. Kwon Sang Woo’s poster reads, “Stop? Stop!” as he thinks about escaping his marriage and fulfilling his dream of being single.

69928884_3208392515900644_55713510113746

“Shall We Do It Again” is set to premiere this October.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

LINK to view the teaser : https://www.soompi.com/article/1350018wpp/upcoming-film-starring-kwon-sang-woo-lee-jung-hyun-and-lee-jong-hyuk-reveals-new-teaser-and-posters

• Like 1

*** Kwon Sang-woo opens his car washing center at a building in Sungsoo-dong Seoul, which he bought in 2016 for 8 billion won ($6.57 million). The washing center is on the ground floor, with the second floor occupied by his management agency. (Below) Se7en with his car at KSW's washing center. :P

optimize

f8af35ce477c4d6e81d1cf560485faf2.jpg

4fde48318201436aa1d2d278c12be777.jpg

photos credit : Korea Times

*** I'm happy that KSW has an upcoming movie titled, "Shall We Do It Again"  released this October. He'll play the role of Hyeon-woo, an individual who dreams of being single. In the movie, he puts on the act of a pathetic character who struggles for a single life he always dreamed of. Here are some captures from the movie : :P

photo1100010.jpg

photo1100012.jpg

photo credit : www.sedaily.com/News...

Teaser & MORE stills of the rom-com "Shall We Do It Again"

2019091611585366812_18159677874852827982

Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Jung Hyun are a divorced couple whose paths cross again when she dates his friend post-divorce. Kwon Sang Woo reunites with Sung Dong I, who cameos as his colleague.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/09/16/rom-com-shall-we-do-it-again-drops-teaser-stills/