Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Enters Military Service Amid Sea Of Supporters; #AlwaysLeeMinHo Trends Worldwide

by Choi Ahn Jie / May 13, 2017 04:13 AM EDT

lee-min-ho.jpg?w=750

After a long wait, Lee Min Ho has officially started his mandatory service for the Korean military. And because he is one of Korea's most famous celebrities, his enlistment came with much fanfare from the fans who wanted to send him off with their love and support.

The hashtag #AlwaysWithLeeMinHo trended worldwide as Lee Min Ho's fans sent their good wishes to their beloved actor as he ceases for entertainment-related activities for two years to complete his mandatory service. As he walked to the Gangnam office in Seoul to report for his first day as a public service worker,  an ocean of fans waited to catch a glimpse of the "Boys Over Flowers" star who was clad in simple clothes and a face mask, Soompi reported.

Unlike other celebrities, Lee Min Ho was not required to report straight to Nonsan Military Training Camp but was instructed to proceed to the Gangnam Social Service Office because of a previous injury he sustained from a car accident. It can be recalled that in 2006 and 2011, the actor sustained severe injuries from separate car accidents that injured his leg.

Based on the order from the Military Manpower Administration, Lee Min Ho will be temporarily serving as a social worker before he is sent to training camp sometime within the year. Before enlisting for mandatory service, Lee Min Ho said that he was happy with his decision to hold off enlistment until this time because it afforded him the time and the opportunity to star in successful franchises like "Boys Over Flowers, "City Hunter", "Faith", "The Heirs" and most recently "Legend of the Blue Sea."

"I thought I would be all cool, all indifferent. But I feel sad," Lee Min Ho said to Hello Kpop about his enlistment. "I think it is more about my passing 20s rather than about enlistment itself. I feel sad about becoming 30s and getting old."

Lee Min Ho also said that he was sad to be separated from his fans for the time being but it was a natural feeling to have after years of being together. Prior to his enlistment, Lee Min Ho was able to complete the documentary "DMZ: Into The Wild" which will be aired in June, and a commercial for coffee brand Georgia Gotica. 

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/34839/20170513/lee-min-ho-enters-military-service-amid-sea-of-supporters-alwaysleeminho-trends-worldwide.htm

• Like 13

12 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Today, Fanboy hahahah:grin:

Hi leeminhosny, thanks for sharing the pictures. Officially....................it was his 1st day for work to serve his MS. So, he'll be always send by his guards & will wait for him afterwards, huh? The fans were there again..........:lol: And they're giving some stuff as usual for him........ LMH is always well-loved by his fans. What is there not to love him? He's so warm towards his fans. He's always been like that............

• Like 4

On 5/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, adamfever said:

@heartLMH I think I was well prepared for it. So though I was sad, but not much, thinking that over the next 2 years, there will be no news from him.

But what comforts me most is we are still here, re-watching his works, so there will still be discussions about him, and I am sure there might be a lot of things about him that didn't know or didn't see before. (I've got to thank @CarolynH for the re-watch idea. Should we also do the Today-in-History and the Throw-Back Thursday? )

What is today-in-history and Throw-Back Thursday?

@gtLmh0622 So happy LOTBS is the most viewed kdrama so far. Thank you for the news. Wish it was the same in China but because of ban, we will never know.

• Like 6

"Bounty · Hunters"
Japan nationwide theatrical release decision.

June 16 -
Published nationwide at TOHO Cinemas Theater

d8de21c6gy1ffn1nt6izfj209i0ccwfg.jpg

d8de21c6gy1ffn1odpnydj20h30gumyj.jpg

cr as tagged

According to the 2nd picture, this is a special release to celebrate LMH's birthday.   mb_org.gifmb_org.gifmb_org.gif

• Like 9

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

"Bounty · Hunters"
Japan nationwide theatrical release decision.

June 16 -
Published nationwide at TOHO Cinemas Theater

cr as tagged

According to the 2nd picture, this is a special release to celebrate LMH's birthday.   mb_org.gifmb_org.gifmb_org.gif

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. So sad & bad that he's now on MS to celebrate his birthday next month......I'm sure his fans will celebrate this even without him on the outside world - hahaha. :lol:

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

LOTBS now is the most viewed K-drama on Taiwan iQIYI. 3.88 million hits surpass 3.84 million hits of DOTS despite the last 3 episodes are still for VIP members only. 

*** Thanks for sharing this good news. Wow - I’m so happy for the cast and crew! They all did an amazing job. So happy that the drama is doing so well there. I enjoyed watching it so much.  Everything was shaped- up nicely! The acting, story and most of all the pacing had all been impressive. LMH  is so wonderful here. He is absolutely amazing! He's nailing his role. So happy that his last drama prior MS was a success.  It's a damn good drama.  Each episode just got better and better. I'm so proud of the entire drama team. I'm so proud of LMH!  I've been recommending it to everyone! :lol:

• Like 4