Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

202005071306151910_5.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

202005071306151910_4.jpg

Hi syntyche, (I intentionally didn't delete this photo / MOD pls bear with me) - thanks for sharing some captures for the upcoming EP. This is their first date in the Republic of Korea.....skinship scene - hahaha - I was told that this was filmed in the park in Incheon last month. I guess in upcoming EP7/8 their feelings for each other will have the chance to deepen.  :lol:

• Like 3

3 Memorable Lines That Show Lee Min Ho’s Charisma, Leadership, And Romantic Side In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

3 Memorable Lines That Show Lee Min Ho’s Charisma, Leadership, And Romantic Side In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Lee Min Ho is the perfect king in SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but they work together to try and save peoples’ lives.

Spoilers

Below are three moments when Lee Min Ho made viewers’ hearts flutter with his memorable lines:

1. Charisma: “From now on, I’m the only one who worries about myself. What you must protect is not me, but this sea.”

Lee Gon, the commander-in-chief of the Korean Empire’s armed forces, showed an unwavering attitude towards Japan, which has continued to provoke the Korean Empire’s territorial waters. Lee Gon said, “If countries are honest with each other, there will be a war. If Japan is this honest, we should be honest…that we’re not just going to stand by. You know I finished my military service as a captain of the Navy. Japan can’t enter our territorial waters, not even by a centimeter or a millimeter.”

Moreover, when people became worried about his safety in a situation where war was imminent with Japan, Lee Gon commanded, “From now on, I’m the only one who worries about myself. What you must protect is not me, but this sea.”

lee-min-ho-1.jpg

2. Leadership: “The imperial family wears military uniforms at the most honorable moments. It means that we’re going to win.”

Lee Gon is the type of king who takes the initiative to show his leadership. Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung (Jung Eun Chae) disclosed the fact that Lee Gon had been voluntarily paying taxes since last year and used it as a shield to withdraw the plan to raise salaries for all members of the Cabinet and the House of Representatives.

In addition, when Japan launched a provocation into the territorial waters of the Korean Empire, Lee Gon took the lead in his naval uniform. At the sight of Jung Tae Eul’s worried expression, he stated, “The imperial family wears military uniforms at the most honorable moments. It means that we’re going to win.”

lee-min-ho-21.jpg

3. Romantic side: “I thought it was a name that wasn’t meant to be said, but it was meant to only be said by you.”

Not only is Lee Gon a charismatic leader, but he’s also a sweet romantic to the woman he loves. Lee Gon, who brought Jung Tae Eul to his own world, showed his special affection for her by cooking a warm meal for her and expressing gratitude with a light “head thump.”

With the threat of war between the Korean Empire and Japan, Lee Gon sent Jung Tae Eul back to the Republic of Korea with the promise to come back as a winner. With a heavy heart, Jung Tae Eul said, “See you again, Lee Gon,” and Lee Gon responded with, “I thought it was a name that wasn’t meant to be said, but it was meant to only be said by you.”

Spoiler

lee-min-ho-3.jpg

Production company Hwa and Dam Pictures shared, “The combination of Lee Min Ho’s passionate acting and Kim Eun Sook’s lines is creating the perfect monarch of the Korean Empire in a fantasy romance.” They added that more unexpected events will happen in the upcoming episode airing on May 8.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398863wpp/3-memorable-lines-that-show-lee-min-hos-charisma-leadership-and-romantic-side-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow. Lee Min HO Drama got a lot of controversies. This is my first time ever watching Live drama and follow along the Media response to it. And i can't help but feel sad. I get that He is not Oscar winning actor, but he is not a bad actor, and He worked hard to get where he is today. You can tell that He tried his best to embody his character, especially with Lee Gon. I remember another hallyu star Comeback drama didn't do well (That one was a flopped) but it didn't get as much scrutiny like this one. I get that the writer  and both leads is either loved or hate, but man..... people need to take a chill pill.

The irony is that any The King Recaps had the most comments, and any article about the king drew a lot more comments and attentions. Looks like even haters monetize from LMH.

For people here who follow LMH for a long time. Is this normal? I know Heirs got major hate and also major love, but aside from that, Looking back to some of his other dramas, he got a lot of Love (PT, CH, Faith)

Is he loved in SK? 

How are you all feel watching this drama? everywhere i look there is so much negative comments. The Drama isn't perfect, but it's no bad, in fact i feel like it's very inventive storyline wise. So i don't get all the hate.

I wonder what is LMH next move as far as career. I feel like no matter what He does, he will get hate. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Wow. Lee Min HO Drama got a lot of controversies. This is my first time ever watching Live drama and follow along the Media response to it. And i can't help but feel sad. I get that He is not Oscar winning actor, but he is not a bad actor, and He worked hard to get where he is today. You can tell that He tried his best to embody his character, especially with Lee Gon. I remember another hallyu star Comeback drama didn't do well (That one was a flopped) but it didn't get as much scrutiny like this one. I get that the writer  and both leads is either loved or hate, but man..... people need to take a chill pill.

The irony is that any The King Recaps had the most comments, and any article about the king drew a lot more comments and attentions. Looks like even haters monetize from LMH.

For people here who follow LMH for a long time. Is this normal? I know Heirs got major hate and also major love, but aside from that, Looking back to some of his other dramas, he got a lot of Love (PT, CH, Faith)

Is he loved in SK? 

How are you all feel watching this drama? everywhere i look there is so much negative comments. The Drama isn't perfect, but it's no bad, in fact i feel like it's very inventive storyline wise. So i don't get all the hate.

I wonder what is LMH next move as far as career. I feel like no matter what He does, he will get hate. 

For sure  he loved actor in korea he already has 4 hit dramas , how don't they love?  I said so many time Nate doesn't represent Korea, it is just a sites full of hater , Naver taking up 70% market share and thus better represents general Korean sentiment on topics presented and there are so many good comments on Naver since in the beginning they never say bad words about him  but yes there are criticism about drama technical team too .Just everyone should learn Nate comments and even Naver comments don't represent Korean public always, they even don't like his drama they already love him .( I didn't say for this drama just generally said) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

For sure  he loved actor in korea he already has 4 hit dramas , how don't they love?  I said so many time Nate doesn't represent Korea, it is just a sites full of hater , Naver taking up 70% market share and thus better represents general Korean sentiment on topics presented and there are so many good comments on Naver since in the beginning they never say bad words about him  but yes there are criticism about drama technical team too .Just everyone should learn Nate comments and even Naver comments don't represent Korean public always, they even don't like his drama they already love him .( I didn't say for this drama just generally said) 

Hi leeminhosny, I don't usually visit either Naver/Nate - I find what they wrote not reliable. :P

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi leeminhosny, I don't usually visit either Naver/Nate - I find what they wrote not reliable. :P

I don't use Nate but I use Naver and There are so many good comments on Naver since in the beginning , because of Ntzb everyone thinks like these are general Korean ideas, just we should NTZB comments aren't general Korean ideas

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

I guess im really overwhelmed with the negativity this Drama gets. from chemistry, plot, editing, Storyline. I can agree with Editing, it could use some improvement. But for example, the warship CGI design, why they pointed out the design flaw instead of bringing the positivities how amazing the Kingdom of Corea bravery was being portrayed. 

As a fan, im feeling a bit down. And i am for one, is a viewer who is not completely blind of the flaws from the show i like. No matter how much i like it, i can spot flaws and will not deny it, but some of the complain felt so vain and came across too nitpick that they all seem to want bring down this Drama. I want to avoid ratings, but boy...i hope the ratings will be good. even if slight increase would bring encouragement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

I guess im really overwhelmed with the negativity this Drama gets. from chemistry, plot, editing, Storyline. I can agree with Editing, it could use some improvement. But for example, the warship CGI design, why they pointed out the design flaw instead of bringing the positivities how amazing the Kingdom of Corea bravery was being portrayed. 

As a fan, im feeling a bit down. And i am for one, is a viewer who is not completely blind of the flaws from the show i like. No matter how much i like it, i can spot flaws and will not deny it, but some of the complain felt so vain and came across too nitpick that they all seem to want bring down this Drama. I want to avoid ratings, but boy...i hope the ratings will be good. even if slight increase would bring encouragement.

There is trash reporter and these bad articles mostly wrote by him , there are bad people in sector unfortunately, but public don't care mostly , just some reporters exaggerate this news ,public different, reporters are different, yes I can understand public can't understand  this drama's story this is reason low rating but for sure LMH loved actor in public, just ignore Nate and NTZB comments

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Hi scrawford, just bear in mind that you just can't please everybody.  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I don't use Nate but I use Naver and There are so many good comments on Naver since in the beginning , because of Ntzb everyone thinks like these are general Korean ideas, just we should NTZB comments aren't general Korean ideas

leeminhosny, the reason why Naver displayed the usernames & comment histories of users who posted replies on stories now is to prevent cyber bullying & abusive comments. There was anonymous comment system then. The usernames of commenters were partially hidden with only the 1st 4-digit visible. Now, they filter out abusive comments. 

For Ntzb, are you referring to Netizen Buzz? Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Most comments there often are not reasonable. So, if these comments don't necessarily represent the majority opinion of Koreans, that doesn't mean they should be dismissed. You see, companies actually pay out people to write positive comments on articles about their stars to manufacture a "positive image". So, there Isn't much of a difference. The opinion/sentiments on issues are the same across the board. Do you know that there's only (1) person who run this site? She's a.k.a NB. She's Korean-American.  :lol::blush:

38 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

And Koreans still can't understand main story really do you think they research every detail:lol:, this is just some reporters job

This video has surpassed 2M views in 5 days

leeminhosny, thanks for sharing this. KUDOS to the drama! It's a way to measure international success. If it keeps its pace, I hope it will be a gigantic HIT on Netflix. It's interesting that Netflix has started releasing this information, as they used to keep everything very quiet then.  :lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, willenette said:

leeminhosny, the reason why Naver displayed the usernames & comment histories of users who posted replies on stories now is to prevent cyber bullying & abusive comments. There was anonymous comment system then. The usernames of commenters were partially hidden with only the 1st 4-digit visible. Now, they filter out abusive comments. 

For Ntzb, are you referring to Netizen Buzz? Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Most comments there often are not reasonable. So, if these comments don't necessarily represent the majority opinion of Koreans, that doesn't mean they should be dismissed. You see, companies actually pay out people to write positive comments on articles about their stars to manufacture a "positive image". So, there Isn't much of a difference. The opinion/sentiments on issues are the same across the board. Do you know that there's only (1) person who run this site? She's a.k.a NB. She's Korean-American.  :lol::blush:

But Ntzb just doesn't do for LMH they do every Korean celebrity , this is awkward site.They say " there are so many same good comments and so we translete different ones :lol:"but they translate 90% hate comments :lol:This is their general polity , first day there are good comments on Nate about drama ,they don't translate but other days rating didn't rise they started to translate about drama

Other case ,I said this reporter writes everytime bad articles, I read yesterday (about war scene ) Korean fans said " everytime same trash reporter, just ignore it"

11 minutes ago, willenette said:

leeminhosny, thanks for sharing this. KUDOS to the drama! It's a way to measure international success. If it keeps its pace, I hope it will be a gigantic HIT on Netflix. It's interesting that Netflix has started releasing this information, as they used to keep everything very quiet then.  :lol:

This is Youtube channel 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

Is he loved in SK? 

You’ll notice most of the criticism in this case is about the direction of the drama, the editing and the script. I haven’t come across knetz complaining about LMH much. I’m not sure about Nate but they hate on everyone there so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

But to answer your question, he’s definitely loved but not the most loved in South Korea. I think he’s both more loved and more hated internationally. If you look at most comments from Koreans, they love him as Lee Gon. Actually plenty of them make comments like “his acting is crazy good.” I think South Koreans are targeting Writer Kim more than lmh. Ever since Mr. Sunshine, they’ve been calling her pro Japanese. And all these controversies might be the idea of competitors to bring the drama down. It’s obvious someone was out get this drama when a controversy from 10 years ago resurfaced and an actor claimed he was casted and removed without knowing. These came out right before the drama aired. Why? I hate that there are so many controversies but let’s take it as a good thing because it means the drama is relevant. 

Crash Landing on You was a huge success both in Korea and internationally and during its run, there were so many controversies over it “glorifying” North Korea. With fame comes hate. 

The first drama I watched live was Heirs. I don’t recall it being nearly as bad as this. Actually, I think Koreans loved Heirs; they loved Kim Tan. International fans were split, a lot loved him and some hated him. I was a fan prior to Heirs so from what I understood, after Heirs, the international hate really started flowing in. It was quite popular and with love came hate. But also keep in mind, around these years, several other famous actors blew up. I’m going to be transparent here, a lot of haters are part of other fandoms. I can’t understand it because I support all of them but some fans like to hate on others actors just because they have a favorite. Some lmh fans are guilty of this too. 

LOTBS received criticism from Koreans for the first few episodes but died down quickly after. On the international side, plenty were still scarred from Kim Tan. BUT, most everyone walked away enjoying lmh as Heo Joon Jae. Actually, plenty can agreed that he carried the drama and shined even next to JJH. Knetz too. So why then do people not remember him as HJJ? Because LOTBS wasn’t nearly as popular as Heirs.

Before The King, haters already started about how Lee Gon is rich and would be similar to Kim Tan. The international hate is really because the duo decided to unite again (writer Kim + lmh). And thanks to writer Kim, she decided to make him richer than ever before so people can’t help but fixate on Lee Gon’s wealth. Truthfully though, I enjoy him so much as Lee Gon. I don’t care if he’s rich, I like him and I can’t wait to see what more there is to him :D 

I’d like to leave off with, let’s not focus on the criticism. It’s what the haters want. I don’t visit other places beside the Swoon channel. You’ll noticed every site is biased. Soompiers love the drama. People who visits YouTube loves the drama. You can enter a different site, which I will not name, and all of the comments will be hate. We promote positivity here and they promote negativity there. I like to live life positively and enjoy the things I love. Some others prefer to spread negativity and watch a show they hate just to hate on it. I can’t help them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

We shouldn't give relevance to irrelevant subject but aside from that I am completely okay with them plus they are giving the drama alot of publicity so it's good. We should lock them up in all areas of debate and use them as flock herds to generate activity. 

• Like 7

Summary: Great heads have great troubles and LMH+KES 2 big head so many troubles, just I hope LMH will sue these haters after drama finish

Every actor/actress agency announce they will sue hater but LMH's agency doesn't care them so they write more freelly about him I read KGE's agency announced again last week, really I wait for this 

• Like 5