Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

On 11/7/2017 at 4:26 PM, leeminhosny said:

Legend of the Blue Sea in KissAsian reaches 22.2 Million views and There is the most watched drama 

zJG6QD.jpg

This is really great, most watched for KissAsian. Do we have numbers for other streaming websites and how LOTBS is doing in those websites. How about VIKI and others? Does anyone have numbers for those? I wonder if there is streaming for director's cut LOTBS? Dramafever did it for Scarlet Ryeo so I hope someone will do it for LOTBS. Hopefully VIKI.

15 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I just found and captured this on Soompi 10 minutes ago.   :tongue:

005Uf2zYgy1flcqapgts6j309m0j3juk.jpg

What is the 63,677 for LMH Soompi? The number of comments? Why is it suddenly a hot topic though?

Do you have # of views for Chinese streaming media like KissAsian for LOTBS? I know it is not shown on Chinese media because of the Korean ban but where do the Chinese fans watch LOTBS?  The illegal sites- do they have numbers? I am interested if  LOTBS is first on the other sites as well. Japan? ETC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

This is really great, most watched for KissAsian. Do we have numbers for other streaming websites and how LOTBS is doing in those websites. How about VIKI and others? Does anyone have numbers for those? I wonder if there is streaming for director's cut LOTBS? Dramafever did it for Scarlet Ryeo so I hope someone will do it for LOTBS. Hopefully VIKI.

I don't know English drama sites, I know only Viki and Dramafever. LOBS didn't air in Dramafever.Does anyone know the most watched drama sites?I only ran across Kissasian .Kissasian must be important.22 million high rate.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CallieP said:

What is the 63,677 for LMH Soompi? The number of comments? Why is it suddenly a hot topic though?

Do you have # of views for Chinese streaming media like KissAsian for LOTBS? I know it is not shown on Chinese media because of the Korean ban but where do the Chinese fans watch LOTBS?  The illegal sites- do they have numbers? I am interested if  LOTBS is first on the other sites as well. Japan? ETC.

Yes, 63,677 comments. I think although this thread seems not so popular now, but actually lots of viewers came here. 
The following picture was captured on 20170924, total views of LMH thread were over ten million. And total views today are 10,115,886. Since we are still keeping updates almost everyday, viewers come here as usual.

005Uf2zYgy1fjuzlqkzdkj30tv0m57dk.jpg

For the numbers of views in China, I only know total views of LOTBS in Taiwan Iqiyi are over 7 millions, but this number is not accurate (artificially decreased several times). Once I find any statistics, I will let you know. ^_^

Is this the picture we have never seen before ? MYM, please post more un-released pictures !!

006K4lS3ly1fl8erx883yj30oa0riju0.jpg

cr 李敏镐后援会

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, 63,677 comments. I think although this thread seems not so popular now, but actually lots of viewers came here. 
The following picture was captured on 20170924, total views of LMH thread were over ten million. And total views today are 10,115,886. Since we are still keeping updates almost everyday, viewers come here as usual

I think just the same as you do:D I pay attention numbers:D I generally check it.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Hi guys

Here's the super long recap and my comments for the first episode.  sorry for the length, I didn't realize it would be so long.  

PERSONAL TASTE EPISODE 1

According to dramabeans, I believe 12.5 was the rating for the opening episode.

The show opens with the two main characters, Park Kae In (or Gae In) and Jeon Jin Ho (do we like his new hairdo?  I'm on the fence; it does make LMH look the age that he is supposed to be in the drama, 29), waking up to contrasting styles as we will see throughout this drama.  Kae In's chaotic (I'm hesitant to use stronger words since I'm sort of like Kae In!) home and grooming are 180 degree different than the neat and orderly bedroom and clothes of Jin Ho.  Kae In wakes up in her work room covered with sawdust; Jin Ho wakes up to find Na Hye Mi in his bed.  Hye Mi asks how Jin Ho could get out of bed and ignore someone sexy as her.  She asks Jin Ho if perhaps he likes men, setting the stage for this drama.  He jokes that he does.  Jin Ho lives with his Omma.  Kae In is on her way to an expo featuring her furniture and Jin Ho on his way to a presentation to win an architecture competition.  Jin Ho finds his car boxed in, so he is forced to take a cab.  Kae In arrives at the cab stop at the same time as Jin Ho and they both lose the cab while arguing who was there first.  Both are forced to take a crowded bus.  Jin Ho carrying his model takes a seat.  As the bus makes a sudden stop Kae In almost falls on Jin Ho.  To prevent Kae In from crushing his model, he touches her booty.  Kae In mistakens it as a perverted act by Jin Ho and proceeds to cause a ruckus on the bus.  Jin Ho says that he has not committed a crime and Kae In's protests are put to rest.  To get back at Jin Ho, she grabs his booty causing him to drop his model, breaking pieces of it.  kae In rushes off the bus.  Jin Ho tries to repair his model with the assistance of his co-worker/friend Noh Sang Jun.  Kae In arrives at the furniture show and finds her friend Lee Won Ho waiting for her.  Kae In is disappointed that her bf, Han Chang Ryul, is not at her show.  she discovers that he is upstairs at the architecture competition.  Chang Ryul tells Jin Ho not to bother fixing his model as he has this competition wrapped up.  He gives a wedding invite to Jin Ho  .  Chang Ryul proceeds to present Mirae Constructions model.  Next we see Jin Ho producing a hologram of his model for his company, M; people are impressed, but Mirae construction wins the bid.  Jin Ho impresses, in particular, Choi do bin, who we will see will play a part in Jin Ho's and Kae In's relationship.  Kae In to her surprise receives an order for 30 of the table she designed.  He also find that Won Ho is indebted to someone.  Chang Ryul attempts to break up with Kae In, but in a comedy of errors, Kae In believes that he is proposing to her .( I think most women would think a bf on bended knee pulling something out of his pocket would believe he is proposing).  Just as Chang ryul is about to pull out the wedding invite, Jin Ho shows up accussing Chang ryul of fixing the bid.  Lee Young Sun, a friend, shows up at the furniture expo asking Kae In if their other friend, Kim In Hee, has arrived.  Kae In replies that it is unlikely In Hee will show up as In Hee is getting married tomorrow.  We see that M architecture is struggling financially.  A co-worker/friend Kim Tae Hoon burst in the office accusing Jin Ho of treating Hye Mi badly.  Cut to Kae In's home, where we find out In Hee rents a room.  And, gasp In Hee is to marry Kae In's bf, Chang Ryul.  (How does In Hee have the nerve to live in Kae In's home?).  Chang Ryul calls and invites Kae In to dinner  to break up (this is sad especially when he refers to as alike a puppy soaked with rain) when she again think it's a proposal.  (I think chang Ryul really does feel bad about the way he tried her although it still doesn't excuse his actions).  Kae In drowns her sorrows with alcohol along with Won Ho who confesses.  Tae Hoon, who is drunk, is left at a motel by Jin Ho.  In the same motel, Won Ho, leaves a drunk Kae In.  In another comedy of errors, Kae In chases after Won Ho, who put the moves on her and bumps into---you guessed it, Jin Ho.  Tae Hoo chases after Jin Ho in his briefs.  Kae In mistakens Jin Ho and Tae Hoon as lovers.  Chang Ryul, drunk as a skunk, leaves Kae In a message that it is he who is marrying her roomie, In Hee.  The day of the wedding arrives, In Hee is upset because Chang Ryul still has not told Kae In.  Chang Ryul asks his assistant to ensure Kae In does not attend the wedding.  Cut to Jin Ho and Sang Jun in the elevator, who attend the wedding hoping to bump into Choi Do Bin.  Sang Jun has his pants zip stuck so Jin Ho tries to help (I love this--Sang Jun is so funny).  The elevator doors open to find Young Sun and her son on their way to attend In Hee's wedding.  She assumes Sang Jun and Jin Ho are a couple.  Sang Jun realizes the In Hee is marrying Chang Ryul and yells at the couple for betraying Kae In.  Young Sun tries desperately to stop Kae In from attending the wedding.  The episode ends with Kae In finally realizing that In Hee is marrying chang ryul. kae In follows the couple into the hall and unveils In Hee (the saddest longest walk ever)--end of episode 1!

Overall, I liked this episode.   It's a nice combo of funny and sad.  The only character that I would have left out is Won Ho.  javabeans said that she "...loved how he [LMH] doesn't merely repeat the Jun Pyo character here, even though it would have been easy to do so given that they share similar traits---cool, polished, prickly.."

Ok gals, what's your thoughts on episode 1?

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic, please discuss the drama in PT Thread. Thank you.
  • Like 8

@CarolynH Thanks chingu for that excellent recap.:)Here are my thoughts on:

PERSONAL TASTE EPISODE  1

Lee Minho is not my Gu Jun Pyo anymore; still I found Jeon Jinho to be extremely HAWT and I got hooked to PT after seeing both women and men equally fall for his charms. And he plays those arrogant and bad boy type of characters really well.

Spoiler

We meet two people who are vastly different from each other. Jinho is handsome, tall, smart and everything about him is so perfect. On the other hand, Kae In’s life is a mess and on top of that she’s betrayed by people she trusts the most.

Their mutual annoyance started  at the very first moment they bumped into each other.

OgyaPdR.jpg

Their encounter involving butts had me laughing hysterically and their facial expressions were priceless too. Way to go Kae In; What a way to punish the pervert who grabbed your butt! An eye for an eye and that sent his model crashing down into the floor.:D

The coincidences that made people believe that Jinho was gay, were so amusing.

Don’t you know that I like men?

RXcjBMD.jpg

The elevator scene is ridiculously hilarious; the two men looked so comfortable with each other, not knowing that they were being misunderstood to be a gay couple. And Sang Jun’s  lines made me giggle like crazy.:lol:

yeiQ8KY.jpg

Spoiler

4PZgzmS.jpg

Jinho was lost for words in front of Kae In when drunk Tae Hoon only in his boxers begged him not to leave.

Hyung! Please don’t do this! My only crime is loving!

pchwwrP.jpg

Spoiler

FGjsyeP.jpg

Next week Jinho and Kae In’s paths will entangle further as the former is desperately trying

to save his company and the latter is betrayed by her boyfriend ,bestie and the assistant.

Photo/ Video Cr.  As tagged/ owner/Darla Duran

More links inside spoiler

Spoiler

cr ffsaints/ Minoz Japan/minyminnie

• Like 8

Thanks ! @CarolynH and @minekas.

Actually I almost didn't rewatch PT more than twice, and I even have never watched ep 15 of PT. I knew what happened when I watched ep. 16 in advance. But my most dislike plot is "someone is treated unjustly". So I felt that it's OK even I didn't watch ep 15. Now I am glad to rewatch PT with you all and I must watch ep 15 this time.  
:) 

• Like 6

Thanks for posting everyone!  I felt like it was getting too quiet around here.  It's good to start a new re-watch.  :)

On 11/9/2017 at 8:06 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

MINOZJAPANee888c.png絆KIZUNA  donated 50 walking aids to Suseo Welfare Center.  z2_org.gifz2_org.gifz2_org.gif

http://ameblo.jp/minoz-japan-kizuna/entry-12327012790.html

I love this kind of support!  Virtuous cycle!!

On 11/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, leeminhosny said:

My final gifs, in this way I added 450 bof gifs, good by bof and 6 months without Minho

https://lmhsny.tumblr.com/

Thank you!! and please continue.  :D

On 11/10/2017 at 11:59 PM, alovebof said:

Hello!

Update 2 weeks.

Thank you for always posting these updates for those of us who cannot access them otherwise.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:46 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, 63,677 comments. I think although this thread seems not so popular now, but actually lots of viewers came here
The following picture was captured on 20170924, total views of LMH thread were over ten million. And total views today are 10,115,886. Since we are still keeping updates almost everyday, viewers come here as usual.

This is nice to know.  There are 423 followers, and I guess at least some are still following.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, CarolynH said:

Overall, I liked this episode.   It's a nice combo of funny and sad.  The only character that I would have left out is Won Ho.  javabeans said that she "...loved how he [LMH] doesn't merely repeat the Jun Pyo character here, even though it would have been easy to do so given that they share similar traits---cool, polished, prickly."

This episode sets things up well with the contrasts, conflicts, and assumptions.  I like that this drama is closer to reality than BOF.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, minekas said:

Their encounter involving butts had me laughing hysterically and their facial expressions were priceless too. Way to go Kae In; What a way to punish the pervert who grabbed your butt! An eye for an eye and that sent his model crashing down into the floor.:D

Yes!  Even though JJH is cool, we still get to see LMH's very expressive face.

My thoughts on Personal Taste episode 1:

Boys Over Flowers was my introduction to LMH, and after watching I was so intrigued that I googled and youtubed for everything I could find.  I decided to continue from BOF and watch all his works in order.  At the same time, I went back and watched all the earlier stuff.  Personal Taste was my second LMH drama, but because I watched in 2015, I had seen all his different looks since 2006.  I like Jeon Jin-ho’s look better than Gu Jun-pyo’s, but now it seems dated.  I also like the character being very organized and sensible (“cool without being heartless”—javabeans).  Kae-in, though lovable, is a bit of a ding-dong, and I think Son Ye-jin does a great job.

My favorite part is the double (or more) misunderstanding at the motel.  JJH states that "circumstantial evidence" is the issue.  Haha!  Kae-in is sharp enough to turn that around on to him:

tumblr_oz2861WYUI1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_oz2861WYUI1w2zf0ho4_540.png

The LEE GALLERY caught my eye this time (thanks to DC and my improved Korean skills):  :lol:

tumblr_oz2861WYUI1w2zf0ho2_540.png

No comment necessary:

tumblr_oz2861WYUI1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic, please discuss the drama in PT Thread. Thank you.
  • Like 8

On 11/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, alovebof said:

Hello!

Update 2 weeks.

Trick or Treat!!!

Date 2017. 11. 01 18: 00: 19 Hit 302

깊어가는 가을..? 인가 겨울인지 헷갈리는 요즘
동기들 건강은 어때?

나는 심하게 감기에 걸려서 연차까지 내고 집에서 쉬는 중이야ㅜㅜ

어제는 퇴근하고 병원에 가는 길이었는데
길거리에 프랑켄슈타인도 걸어다니고, 빗자루든 마녀도 보이고
해골친구가 갑자기 인사까지 해서 어찌나 놀랬던지...

<초과장을_찾아라.jpg>

세계 각국의 귀신들이 왜이렇게 많나 싶었는데
그날이 할로윈데이여서 그랬나봐 

나 순간 귀신의 집에 온 줄 알았잖아

아, 그리고 다음주에 두근두근할만한 소식이 있을지도 모르겠어
궁금하지?
다음주에 꼭 만나!

Trick or Treat!!!

Date 2017. 11. 01 18: 00: 19 Hit 302

is it the deepening of autumn..? or is it winter, it's confusing these days

how is your health, my friends?

I caught a severe cold and it was so bad that I had to take a leave and rest at home ㅜㅜ

I got off work yesterday and was on my way to the hospital,

I saw Frankenstein walking in the street and witches carrying broomsticks

then suddenly a skeleton dude greeted me, I was very surprised

201711011754041189110082.png&key=436489d

<Find_ManagerCho.jpg>

why were there so many spooky people

it seems that it was Halloween that day

at that moment, I thought I walked into a haunted house

Ah also next week I might have some news worthy of making your heart go pit-a-pat

are you curious?

make sure to meet me next week!

On 11/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, alovebof said:

두근❤두근 11❤11
Date 2017. 11. 08 17: 00: 04 Hit 221

과연 그 뒤에 어떤 일이 벌어졌을까?

--------------------------------------------

다시 한번 말하지만 이건 초과장의 꿈 이야기야~

미노즈들의 멋진 상상력으로 그 다음 스토리를 이어줘
‘초과장’s Pick’ 스토리 주인공에게는 사랑을 듬뿍 담아 감사의 선물을 보내줄게!

어떤 스토리들이 탄생할지 벌써부터 기대가 되는걸?
11월 11일 ‘빼빼로 데이’에 ‘초과장’s Pick’을 공개할 테니까 그때 또 만나자

pit-a❤-pat 11❤11
Date 2017. 11. 08 17: 00: 04 Hit 221

(what's written on the picture: Manager Cho had a bit of a terrible dream. In the dream she was to meet her best friend-whom she knows from 17yrs- after work on a friday night. She was extremely happy at the starting of the day and was so excited that she couldn't do anything at work. The time was approaching that she promised her friend to meet at but there was no sign for work to end, so she only packed the important documents and got off work heading to meet her friend. They had so much fun talking and moved from one place to another, they changed places 4 times. Cho went back home at 2am and slept till 2pm. Cho wanted to go through the paper details with her department head, but realized that the file is missing! her phone rang then, and it was an unknown number on display..)

So what happened after that?

--------------------------------------------

let me tell you one more time, this is Manager Cho's dream~

minoz, give me part2 of this story using your wonderful imagination

the winning story from 'Manager Cho's Pick' will receive a gift filled with love and gratitude!

I'm already excited to see what kind of stories will be made

I'll reveal 'Manager Cho's Pick' on Pepero Day the 11th of November so let's meet then

I saw a post on DC where a minoz posted the gif below of giddy minho and said that's how she currently feels, and everyone in the comments was congratulating her. now that I read Choco's update, I understand what it was all about xD it seems that her story won in this competition. (btw she is the same minoz who makes various gifs under the name "legend" ^^)

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=662897&page=1

62e042d6gw1eeju4wn32wg209q08enpd.gif

this somehow reminded me of when Minomi went missing and through their facebook page they held a similar competition for us to come up with a story of where he could be :tongue: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

For the numbers of views in China, I only know total views of LOTBS in Taiwan Iqiyi are over 7 millions, but this number is not accurate (artificially decreased several times). Once I find any statistics, I will let you know. ^_^

Is this the picture we have never seen before ? MYM, please post more un-released pictures !!

cr 李敏镐后援会

Looks like there were 108, 310 views between now and Sept 24. So there are still views even though there is less participation.

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Did Korean ban lift in China ?I read something about this.

That will be great if the ban is lifted in China and they can screen LOTBS.

• Like 2

@1ouise;  I also noticed that the thread was slow this week, so I powered through PT last night so I could post the recap.  JJH's hair is ok except for the sideburns.  I'll have the same comment when we watch City Hunter.  I don't know what products he was endorsing during and after PT, but we can always post the CFs or photos etc.  

Back to PT, I think it is an underrated LMH drama.  I'm not sure if the reason is that it followed BOF or it's the subject matter.  for whatever reason, it isn't mentioned when we talk about LMH dramas.  

@CallieP: I pay more attention to the views than posts because presumably there are a lot of lurkers.  True, it could also mean some of us posters are viewing the thread a lot.  I used to be more of a lurker because I really had nothing new or interesting (yes, I'm much more interesting now LOL:lol:--sorry guys I couldn't resist!) to add.

@gtLmh0622:  yes, chingu, please watch PT with us and share your thoughts.  Maybe you'll enjoy it more this time.  

• Like 7

I love love love Personal Taste! it was my second Lee Minho drama(also my second K-drama ever), with the first being City Hunter. After watching him as Jeon Jinho I confirmed that this guy is my favorite actor and he's irreplaceable :tongue: 

he had showed great acting skills and a good sense of humor, and the whole drama was extremely fun to watch. it would make a great recommendation for any Kdrama newbie. What I loved the most was Minho's comical side which he couldn't show much in his other dramas(thankfully he got to show it again with Heo Joonjae ^^)

and I loved Lee Minho's look/outfits in here and still love his hairstyle no matter how old-fashioned it may look xD

Minho's chemistry with Son Yejin was good too 

2034550B4BE6A0E0B11C8A

Spoiler

186E66174CCD082A6ADDB5

• Like 7

7 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Kae-in, though lovable, is a bit of a ding-dong, and I think Son Ye-jin does a great job.

Yes, I don't like Kae-in's personality at the beginning.

7 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Did Korean ban lift in China ?I read something about this.

Some Chinese (Mainland China) Minoz found that LOTBS and other K-dramas were on China Iqiyi now. It seems K-dramas can be aired on steams again. But heard that it was Yukoo bought the right of LOTBS, don't know why Iqiyi not Yukoo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, I don't like Kae-in's personality at the beginning.

Some Chinese (Mainland China) Minoz found that LOTBS and other K-dramas were on China Iqiyi now. It seems K-dramas can be aired on steams again. But heard that it was Yukoo bought the right of LOTBS, don't know why Iqiyi not Yukoo.

I read  a actress's drama will air and  other drama will air next spring in China so Korean ban will lift

Ranking for Premiere rating of K-Dramas for these five years. LOTBS 16.4% is TOP1.

006SJDqcly1flf36xkcmaj30qj0eh0v8.jpg

And LOTBS 21% also was TOP1 of Wed/Thu Dramas and the only one over 20% for 2017 :

水木剧
170119SBS《蓝色大海的传说》21%
170315KBS《金科长》18.4%
170126SBS《师仁堂》16.3%

Remark : Above are all TV rating in Korea.

cr 我喜欢说什么就说什么

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alovebof said:

Hi dear.

I have problem about notifications.

how to close it? I got many email from soompi when people posted or reply.

Soompi sent emails to me only when I got messages. I have not received emails when people reply me.

Anyway, you may find "Account Settings" when you click your account name at the top and right side  of this page.
Account Settings → Other Settings → Notification Settings.