Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho in ambitious documentary about ecology of Korea's Demilitarized Zone

0000714344_001_20170322080522012.jpg

Lee Min Ho will be presenting a documentary about the wildlife of the DMZ, a zone that hasn't allowed any human access for more than half a century. He has participated directly by donating to the project and accompanying the film maker throughout the filming period that lasted 1 year and 5 months. He traveled back and forth to the DMZ for a year and a half between his drama shootings his CFs and his overall tight schedule. Lee Min Ho along with the crew endured the harsh conditions of shooting including the unpredictable wildness and the cold weather that can go to -30°. MBC will introduce to viewers on April 3rd the ecology and wildlife of the most heavily guarded demilitarized zone in the world.

[+390, -6] He participated on site directly and for a long time... So cool. I think you really are a good actor. I want to see this

[+326, -6] I'll be waiting for the broadcast

[+295, -5] I really have to see this

[+280, -6] Refreshing news first thing in the morning, and handsome too

[+274, -9] Lee Min Ho exploring the unknown. I will wait for this!

[+122, -1] A really cool actor!

[+121, -1] Wow, this one is a must see!

[+121, -2] I can't wait to see this documentary

• Like 16

'DMZ, The Wild" accompanied by Lee Min-ho as presenter

photo831472.jpg

The prologue for "DMZ, The Wild" is being released by MBC.

"DMZ, The Wild" is a documentary on the wildlife situation at the DMZ. The project took a year and 5 months to complete and its presenter Lee Min-ho and the crew took a look at the survival tactics and rules of the wild that exist on this forbidden piece of land.

The DMZ is a land of silence on which no human trespasses. It is the line of division between the North and the South from the estuary of the Imjin River which stretches 248 kilometers to the Kosung Myeonghori. Two kilometers apart from the line on both sides is a neautral zone and it was the front line which two thirds of the 37-month Korean War took place. It's been 60 years since the truce but it remains a military zone where no civilian can step into.

Director Kim Jin-man and the crew of "Tears of the Amazon" as well as Lee Min-ho went into this land where the painful human history and unknown wildlife co-exists. The DMZ will be revealed at last.

"DMZ, The Wild" is a new kind of documentary in which a host is present. Lee Min-ho accompanied the crew on their project at any time he could and saw with his own eyes, the animals that lived there including those that are at risk of being extinct.

Lee Min-ho had to endure weather under minus 30 degrees and other harsh conditions, but he did it all to meet with the wildlife that can only be seen at the DMZ.

This show is going to be a feature broadcast in celebrating the launching of UltraHD 4K.

"DMZ, The wild" will be released on April 3rd in prior to the UltraHD 4K launch on April 6th.

http://www.hancinema.net/-dmz-the-wild-accompanied-by-lee-min-ho-as-presenter-104253.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 13

On 2017. 3. 20. at 10:34 AM, zinnia said:

I tried to translate those two Q&As as literally as possible.

Q: Thank you for your frank answers. Haha. Cosmopolitan is a magazine to regard love as one of the most important values in life. So we always ask the interviewee about love. It means that we are saying we'd like to ask what Mr Lee Minho thinks is ideal love.

A: In my view, the ideal love is the relationship that two people can give good influence to each other in. The love can derive positive energy (from two people) about all the parts of their lives including work through the sense of security that the emotions of love give. But I don't think that one should change or accomplish something through love. I also see it important to be his(or her) real self as he(or she) is. I try to see the other person just the way she is, without anything added or omitted, and I try to show her my true self too.

Q: Are you happy now? What does 'Now' mean to Lee Minho? (How can Lee Minho express 'this very moment'?)

A: Well, I think that this is a moment in my life when enormously great happiness came to me and then passed me once. That happiness made me stronger(more solid) and more relaxed. I'm happy now, but I'll try to seek for various kinds of happiness to make me more flourished(more prosperous, richer) [not a financial meaning in the context] in the future.

I just got a copy of Cosmopolitan April issue delivered. I didn't read all of Minho's interview yet, but I read these two Q&As because I translated them here.

And I found that one word has been replaced in the printed copy.

It was the part of the second answer.

A: Well, I think that this is a moment in my life when enormously great happiness luck came to me and then passed me once. That happiness luck [actually Minho used the plural form of that word like 'lucks'] made me stronger(more solid) and more relaxed.

cosmopolitan.jpg

However, the internet version of this interview on the Cosmopolitan homepage is still the same as yet.

• Like 16

Here’s how much money the top Korean celebrities made so far in 2017

Celebrities make a lot of their income through CFs. Here’s how much some of Korea’s most popular celebrities have made so far in 2017.

An industry insider posted a report of the earnings of the top Korean celebrities in an online community and the alleged earnings from just CFs in the first 3 months of 2017 are staggering.

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, stars of the massively popular Descendants of the Sun, are considered two of Koreas top celebrities at the moment and their earnings this year definitely reflect that. They have reportedly earned over ₩2 billion KRW (~ $1.78 million USD) in just the first quarter of 2017.

Coming in a close second are Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho, who have already earned ₩1.5 billion KRW ($1.34 million USD) this year.

The third highest paid celebrities so far this year should come as no surprise as they consist of 3 of K-Pop’s biggest acts and Lee Kwang Soo. BIGBANG, EXO, SHINee, and Lee Kwang Soo have all brought in ₩1 billion KRW (~ $893,000 USD) in 2017.

Certainly no slackers, the 4th best paid Korean celebs have all raked in ₩900 million KRW ($804,117 USD) in just the last 3 months and they are G-Dragon, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum.

The reported earnings for other idols including TWICE, Taeyeon, I.O.I, and BTS can also be seen on the list.

Check out the full list of reported idol’s earnings so far in 2017:

fc13096b3f5634f06531954eec2ce844.png

Source: Nate, Kookje / Koreaboo

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Here’s how much money the top Korean celebrities made so far in 2017

Celebrities make a lot of their income through CFs. Here’s how much some of Korea’s most popular celebrities have made so far in 2017.

An industry insider posted a report of the earnings of the top Korean celebrities in an online community and the alleged earnings from just CFs in the first 3 months of 2017 are staggering.

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, stars of the massively popular Descendants of the Sun, are considered two of Koreas top celebrities at the moment and their earnings this year definitely reflect that. They have reportedly earned over ₩2 billion KRW (~ $1.78 million USD) in just the first quarter of 2017.

Coming in a close second are Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho, who have already earned ₩1.5 billion KRW ($1.34 million USD) this year.

The third highest paid celebrities so far this year should come as no surprise as they consist of 3 of K-Pop’s biggest acts and Lee Kwang Soo. BIGBANG, EXO, SHINee, and Lee Kwang Soo have all brought in ₩1 billion KRW (~ $893,000 USD) in 2017.

Certainly no slackers, the 4th best paid Korean celebs have all raked in ₩900 million KRW ($804,117 USD) in just the last 3 months and they are G-Dragon, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum.

The reported earnings for other idols including TWICE, Taeyeon, I.O.I, and BTS can also be seen on the list.

Check out the full list of reported idol’s earnings so far in 2017:

fc13096b3f5634f06531954eec2ce844.png

Source: Nate, Kookje / Koreaboo

i think this news is not completely true tho. what about jun ji hyun, gong yoo . especially gong yoo he had a fantastic last year. 
i'm only saying this that the list might not be accurate. nothing more

• Like 5

On 3/14/2017 at 11:55 PM, heartLMH said:

@nika94 I think there is no other way but to wait patiently and count on one another to keep the chat going. We all know said is easier than done.

I often question myself what will it be like 2 years later when he starts a new chapter in his career. There is always fear that things won't be the same. However, I do believe he can only get better; he is already endowed with many talents and with more life experiences as a "commoner" and time to enrich and recharge himself which he didn't get to do in the past hectic 10years. It is time to give him back the hiatus which is long overdue.

I do wish he returns sooner for my own selfish reasons. Fans come and go and only the true ones endure the test of time. Will we be at the original place waiting for him then? We had better be.

@heartLMH Loved loved what you said.

To be honest, I have that fear, too. It's not because I doubt his talent, but because while observing some other actors, I haven't seen any clear pattern as regard to their career before and after MS. Anything can happen. But I find it comforting that there is this community with people like @CarolynH who initiated the mission to keep this thread alive while waiting form him . Needless to say I how much I appreciate her and all other members here (I really mean ALL of you) who either come up with ideas and/or make efforts to participate in any way they can. Hope that after 2 years, all of us will still be here, and there will be even more people to join us :-)

• Like 13

https://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-min-hos-wildlife-in-dmz-documentary-to-premiere-april/

Premiering this April: Lee Min Ho's wild life documented in Korea's demilitarized zone

by whatadrama on Wed, Mar 22, 2017 

fdc451b2-0b09-4d83-80d5-4fa193ac06b8.jpg

Who knew Lee Min Ho has been wandering around the world's most dangerous border -Korea's demilitarized zone (DMZ)?

The border between the North and the South Korea isn’t just a line. It’s a strip of land that is 2.5 mi wide on average—hence the name DMZ.

In DMZ The Wild, Lee Min Ho will walk us inside the untouched land that has allowed wildlife to flourish for 64 years. 

Lee Min Ho has camped out in a below-20°F weather and seen endangered species like the otters, yellow snakes, seals, and wildcats during his trips to DMZ. 

“Lee Min Ho found time to meet with the production team and visit the DMZ in the midst of busy schedule,” his agency said. The actor has devoted a year and a half for this project from October 2015 to March 2017. 

Lee Min Ho filmed the MBC documentary pro bono to raise awareness on the endangered wildlife animals in DMZ. 

Not anyone can go inside the volatile border, which makes Lee Min Ho’s documentary valuable. The DMZ was built in 1953 after the Korean War Armistice. However, it wasn’t until 2009 when the first civilian photographer could enter the DMZ, according to National Geographic.

DMZ The Wild prologue airs on Apr. 3, 11:10 p.m. KST. The episodes will air in June.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-min-hos-wildlife-in-dmz-documentary-to-premiere-april/

Premiering this April: Lee Min Ho's wild life documented in Korea's demilitarized zone

by whatadrama on Wed, Mar 22, 2017 

Who knew Lee Min Ho has been wandering around the world's most dangerous border -Korea's demilitarized zone (DMZ)?

Lee Min Ho has camped out in a below-20°F weather and seen endangered species like the otters, yellow snakes, seals, and wildcats during his trips to DMZ. 

“Lee Min Ho found time to meet with the production team and visit the DMZ in the midst of busy schedule,” his agency said. The actor has devoted a year and a half for this project from October 2015 to March 2017. 

Lee Min Ho filmed the MBC documentary pro bono to raise awareness on the endangered wildlife animals in DMZ. 

DMZ The Wild prologue airs on Apr. 3, 11:10 p.m. KST. The episodes will air in June.

Lee Min Ho is the first again, and this one is for a meaningful cause. Am I a proud fa or not?

This is the first time I look forward to watching a documentary. How can you not want to watch when you see this??? It also sounds interesting to me.

120287_147270_3241.jpg

<I really like that picture in full size>

Now the questions are:

- How many episodes are there, and how long for each? I think I read somewhere that the prologue will be 30' long. 

- How can we watch this with English sub? Is there any chance that the producer will have it subbed? <I just checked DramaFever found they didn't even have Documentary genre. Should we request DramaFever to add this one in their list? I guess if there are a lot of requests, they will consider subbing it. How can we wage a campaign for this? Any idea?>

==

@zinnia thank you for the translation, it's a lot clearer. But then, again, I tried to figure out what happiness/luck he was referring to when he said :"Well, I think that this is a moment in my life when enormously great happiness luck came to me and then passed me once." ?? It is something enormous, but came and went once? What can that be?

@tshering12 I agree with you. I don't find the list very reliable, either. But we never know the truth anyway, so whatever  :wink:

• Like 9

16 hours ago, tshering12 said:

i think this news is not completely true tho. what about jun ji hyun, gong yoo . especially gong yoo he had a fantastic last year. 
i'm only saying this that the list might not be accurate. nothing more

Hi tshering, I do agree with you but take note of the year mentioned - it's for this year, 2017......specifically for the 1st (3) months.................We know that ratings from a drama bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts.  Advertisements are a rich source of income for many Korean celebrities. For actors and idols, endorsements are like extra credit points or salary bonuses from your boss at the office — something that’s not explicitly part of work expectations, but secretly hoped for anyways. Commercial deals provide an avenue for celebrities to gauge their own popularity and image. In the case of JJH, i know she's been busy doing CFs for this year, in fact, starting this 2017. So, I respect your opinion................:lol:

• Like 2

@Kris Silva: either I need to go to sleep soon or I have a weird sense of humor, but I am cracking up over the title of drama fever article "... Lee Min Ho's wild life documented in Korea's demilitarized zone":D 

@adamfever I'm hoping ICE of YouTube fame will be nice and upload the documentary with subs.

• Like 11

@CarolynH Haha I had a good laugh at your post. Lee Min Ho's wild life (if any) will definitely draw a lot more interest than the flora and fauna of DMZ!

Having said that, I feel it is really a praiseworthy attempt as a presenter to deliver the documentary show. It does display a different facet of this talented young man; that is not always about good looks  and viewership but someone who cares enough to put aside time and opportunities to stop and smell the flowers. A great ambassador for the country's rich nature. I believe it will also open up to a lot more new viewers who has yet to know him.

I read that there will be 4 episodes airing in June. As much as I am very intrigued by the wildlife living in the mysterious DMZ, I am also all eyes over the presenter who is delivering these untold stories. 

• Like 11

this is an edited version of Lee Minho's video message where the subtitles are literal and closer to what Minho is saying than the official subtitles

I don't know if it's because of the post-FM feels but I found it really heart-warming and it put a big smile on my face especially this part "despite the cold weather, you travelled a long distance or from overseas to join me. through this video I thank you sincerely for coming to my concert" ❤︎❤︎❤︎

after the FM had ended on the 2nd day there was a hi-touch session, and it was exclusive for overseas fans only. there were tens and hundreds of us lined up, and after each high-touch he said (in english) "Thank You" .. I imagined that he said that video part putting us and our hi-touch train in mind xD

he was sweet then and he's being extra sweet now, makes me wanna join him again and again regardless of how far he may be

• Like 14