Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Here’s What The Cast Of “Boys Over Flowers” Look Like 10 Years Later

1. Lee Min Ho (Goo Joon Pyo)

leeminho

Besides becoming Asia’s heartthrob, Lee Min Ho has become a seasoned actor of high acclaim in the years since his breakout role as Goo Joon Pyo. He landed leading roles in hugely popular dramas City Hunter, Personal Taste, Faith, Heirs and Legend of the Blue Sea. His first leading role in a movie was in the 2015 film Gangnam Blues, followed by his first China-produced film Bounty Hunters.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/boys-flower-cast-10-years-later-now/

• Like 2

faith14-00145.jpg

Spoiler

https://www.dramabeans.com/2012/09/faith-episode-14/

https://joonni.com/2012/09/25/recap-faith-episode-14/

Episode 14 starts with CY is accused of taking a bribe. He tells the king he did not and it was up to them to believe it or not and he walks away. Later he realizes that the person who framed him was Advisor Jo. He is deprived of his General status and downgraded to a warrior. The king believes and trusts CY but his advisors warn him that his people might think that he is being manipulated by CY.

In the meantime, Deok Heong is trying to get ES to trust him by giving her her notebook and some paper to copy on. Not able to get much information from her, he takes the book back. Ki Chul is anxious to have some thing positive. Deok Heong thinks he could get ES by offering her to be his queen if Ki Chul can make him king.

Lady Choi tricks the mole and finds out that Ki Chul wants to steal the King's royal seal. Meantime CY is resting by the gardens, ES goes to him to remove his stitches. She gives him his aspirin bottle with the dried flower and aspirin in it. CY is embarassed and pouts. He looks so cute. Then ES tells him that there is a song about him being upright and honest. CY is surprised that they sang a song about him and that they knew his father's wise words.

The advisors try to find out more about what ES knows about the present king. CY hears that and he tells ES to wait for him the next night and that they would go away together. ES prepares to leave and she visits the queen, gives her a hug and tells her that she and the king are known in heaven for their love for each other. She knows the queen would die at child birth and she was trying to tell the queen to take care of her health. This was an adorable scene.

CY goes before the king for the decision of the bribery. The king was ready to personally vouch for CY but CY confesses and silently signals the king that it is okay. The king sentences him to one year hard labor; CY waits in prison and Dae Man gets him out. He goes to wait for ES. In the meanwhile Ki chul guesses CY's plan and gets his fire-lady and flute boy to go look for them.

ES sees him, runs and hugs him. She heard that he was in prison but knew that he would turn up no matter what. CY is stunned and he slowly puts his arms around her too. Sweet!

Ki Chul's men are looking for them. ES suggests he runs while she surrenders to Ki Chul at least he feeds her and gives her clothes. She was joking but CY did not find it hilarious at all. No humor CY.

CY gets the suribang to take ES to the Ajusshi and Ajumma. She gives ES a bowl of rice soup as she begins to eat, CY comes takes the bowl and almost finishes the soup. ES looks hungrily as CY scoffs up the soup. The look on ES is priceless. They are just so cute here. As they hide in a room and ES tries to figure out her notes that she copied on the papere Deuk Heong gave her licking the side of the sheet as she goes through the sheets.  Her hair is in a mess as she is frustrated. CY looks at her amazed and entranced with her hair and he tries to touch it. He has her fetish for her hair. :lol:

After she has her bath, she sleeps on the bed and CY sits outside the door and keeps watch ES plays a truth and dare game with CY, asking if he would be okay when she left to go back to her world. He admitted that he would not. Our general is already a goner, deeply in love with ES. Poor CY.  There is the very sweet scene where CY traces her silhouette through the door.  Per Dramabeans: "As she talks, he watches her shadow on the wall. He reaches his hand out to trace the line of her face, which just kills me. "

Deok Heong goes to Lady Choi and tells her that he poisoned ES with his paper.

CY is dozing and he hears ES moaning. He goes in and in horror he sees that she is extremely ill...

This episode has some very touching scenes that shows the growing love between ES and CY. He pines for her but he feels he will suffer in the end as she has to leave to return to her world and he just cannot ask her to stay with him. He loves her too much and knows he cannot be selfish and ask her to stay. He says he knows all that he needs to know about her. He is already totally hers.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi msdot,  my take on this movie is I found it to be a gory, but realistic film. The film bravely tackled the sad truth about social classes and the rampant corruption in the government. I thought all the actors seemed committed to their characters, so I didn't find them to be disengaged from their roles at all. Lee Min-ho’s silent cry when he saw his name listed as son on his adoptive family’s registration paper after his stepfather’s burial hit my heart bull’s eye. But what made the loss of a loved one even more painful is the discovery that he died in the hands of the person you trusts the most. I once read this that director Yoo Ha first hesitated in casting Lee Min-ho for the movie because he looks “so handsome that he is almost like a manhwa character,” but he got later on convinced by his wife. If this will be re-shown, I will be watching it again. The movie is quite gritty and the action scenes quite good. However, the end is not what most would expect, however it gives the story more realistic appeal. The ending scene where Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won’s characters met their deaths while the rich and the powerful merry is so haunting. I was pleasantly surprised by the acting of Min Ho. I recommend this movie and it is worth the time spent to watch. Another must-see from the film is Kim Rae-won’s brief yet very intense sex scene. Hahaha - As far as I remember Lee Min-ho also filmed a sex scene with actress Kim Ji-soo for this movie, but it was excluded as director Yoo Ha deemed it as unnecessary to the story development. Sigh........... Yoo Ha is also the director of the erotic period film A Frozen Flower that starred Jo In-sung, Joo Jin-mo, and Song Ji-hyo. Just because I am all praises for this gangster flick does not mean it is not without flaws. It has! There were too many characters introduced to the point that I myself or may be viewers would be confused. :P

msdot and willenette, I really liked Gangnam Blues, I know it is violent and has intense sex scenes but I have seen some Korean movies and that is pretty standard. Korean movies are very different from Korean dramas, lots of violence and sex.

He should have won the best new actor for the Baeksang and the Blue Dragon but he did not and I felt that it was unfair. I think he deserved it. There were some critics who liked him but others who did not. To me he did an excellent job. You saw a different side of him not seen in his dramas. Yoo Ha compared him to the French actor Alain Delon who was very broodingly handsome. I can understand why Yoo Ha said that. His character in GB was a lot like a role the french actor did years ago that I managed to watch. LMH also worked very hard in GB.  It was a very well done movie. Fight scenes were excellent. The director was very detailed in making the era authentic, clothes, cars , buildings, etc.A lot of detail and work went into the movie. LMH was very handsome, manly and no longer a flower boy in the movie. The movie should have done better. Another bad luck is China did not allow the movie to be screened in China and that was a big loss there. LMH's silent cry when he saw the family registration paper affected me to and his silent love for his adopted sister.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

faith14-00145.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.dramabeans.com/2012/09/faith-episode-14/

https://joonni.com/2012/09/25/recap-faith-episode-14/

Episode 14 starts with CY is accused of taking a bribe. He tells the king he did not and it was up to them to believe it or not and he walks away. Later he realizes that the person who framed him was Advisor Jo. He is deprived of his General status and downgraded to a warrior. The king believes and trusts CY but his advisors warn him that his people might think that he is being manipulated by CY.

In the meantime, Deok Heong is trying to get ES to trust him by giving her her notebook and some paper to copy on. Not able to get much information from her, he takes the book back. Ki Chul is anxious to have some thing positive. Deok Heong thinks he could get ES by offering her to be his queen if Ki Chul can make him king.

Lady Choi tricks the mole and finds out that Ki Chul wants to steal the King's royal seal. Meantime CY is resting by the gardens, ES goes to him to remove his stitches. She gives him his aspirin bottle with the dried flower and aspirin in it. CY is embarassed and pouts. He looks so cute. Then ES tells him that there is a song about him being upright and honest. CY is surprised that they sang a song about him and that they knew his father's wise words.

The advisors try to find out more about what ES knows about the present king. CY hears that and he tells ES to wait for him the next night and that they would go away together. ES prepares to leave and she visits the queen, gives her a hug and tells her that she and the king are known in heaven for their love for each other. She knows the queen would die at child birth and she was trying to tell the queen to take care of her health. This was an adorable scene.

CY goes before the king for the decision of the bribery. The king was ready to personally vouch for CY but CY confesses and silently signals the king that it is okay. The king sentences him to one year hard labor; CY waits in prison and Dae Man gets him out. He goes to wait for ES. In the meanwhile Ki chul guesses CY's plan and gets his fire-lady and flute boy to go look for them.

ES sees him, runs and hugs him. She heard that he was in prison but knew that he would turn up no matter what. CY is stunned and he slowly puts his arms around her too. Sweet!

Ki Chul's men are looking for them. ES suggests he runs while she surrenders to Ki Chul at least he feeds her and gives her clothes. She was joking but CY did not find it hilarious at all. No humor CY.

CY gets the suribang to take ES to the Ajusshi and Ajumma. She gives ES a bowl of rice soup as she begins to eat, CY comes takes the bowl and almost finishes the soup. ES looks hungrily as CY scoffs up the soup. The look on ES is priceless. They are just so cute here. As they hide in a room and ES tries to figure out her notes that she copied on the papere Deuk Heong gave her licking the side of the sheet as she goes through the sheets.  Her hair is in a mess as she is frustrated. CY looks at her amazed and entranced with her hair and he tries to touch it. He has her fetish for her hair. :lol:

After she has her bath, she sleeps on the bed and CY sits outside the door and keeps watch ES plays a truth and dare game with CY, asking if he would be okay when she left to go back to her world. He admitted that he would not. Our general is already a goner, deeply in love with ES. Poor CY.  There is the very sweet scene where CY traces her silhouette through the door.  Per Dramabeans: "As she talks, he watches her shadow on the wall. He reaches his hand out to trace the line of her face, which just kills me. "

Deok Heong goes to Lady Choi and tells her that he poisoned ES with his paper.

CY is dozing and he hears ES moaning. He goes in and in horror he sees that she is extremely ill...

This episode has some very touching scenes that shows the growing love between ES and CY. He pines for her but he feels he will suffer in the end as she has to leave to return to her world and he just cannot ask her to stay with him. He loves her too much and knows he cannot be selfish and ask her to stay. He says he knows all that he needs to know about her. He is already totally hers.

I loved this scene too.  Choi Young is pretty shy about expressing feelings and particularly shy about his feelings being exposed!

• Like 6

cr:  Flyminho/IRNMinoz_LMH

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 14

Thanks for the recap @CallieP!

I just hate loudmouth advisor.  :angry:One of my favorite scenes is when ES whips out the aspirin bottle with the flower and the cute face CY makes.  Aw, I also like when ES hugs the Queen.  Have I mentioned that I hate the loudmouth advisor?  I love the King for standing by CY against loudmouth.  What is in the blue purse ES carries around?  (20) Did you guys catch when Manbo said they would find one room for CY and ES, neither objected?!  lol  Definitely in the running for my favorite scene in LMH dramas--CY tracing ES's profile.  No, not a kiss, but a beautiful expression of love.  I agree with dramabeans, that this scene should have been longer.

@msdot:  I think my take on Gangnam Blues is similar to yours.  I think LMH was really good and deserving of the best new actor award.  However, I didn't care for the movie as a whole.  There were too many characters as Willenette mentioned and the story, for me wasn't interesting.  I didn't really care how Gangnam came to be what it is today.  the sex and violence didn't really sway my view.  I watched GB in a theater full of Minoz in LA.  I mentioned this is a post after the movie, but some of his fans were disappointed with the sex and violence.  I think they saw/see LMH as a "Kim Tan", not someone like Jong Dae.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

cr:  Flyminho/IRNMinoz_LMH

Reveal hidden contents

FAITH EPISODE 14

Thanks for the recap @CallieP!

I just hate loudmouth advisor.  :angry:One of my favorite scenes is when ES whips out the aspirin bottle with the flower and the cute face CY makes.  Aw, I also like when ES hugs the Queen.  Have I mentioned that I hate the loudmouth advisor?  I love the King for standing by CY against loudmouth.  What is in the blue purse ES carries around?  (20) Did you guys catch when Manbo said they would find one room for CY and ES, neither objected?!  lol  Definitely in the running for my favorite scene in LMH dramas--CY tracing ES's profile.  No, not a kiss, but a beautiful expression of love.  I agree with dramabeans, that this scene should have been longer.

@msdot:  I think my take on Gangnam Blues is similar to yours.  I think LMH was really good and deserving of the best new actor award.  However, I didn't care for the movie as a whole.  There were too many characters as Willenette mentioned and the story, for me wasn't interesting.  I didn't really care how Gangnam came to be what it is today.  the sex and violence didn't really sway my view.  I watched GB in a theater full of Minoz in LA.  I mentioned this is a post after the movie, but some of his fans were disappointed with the sex and violence.  I think they saw/see LMH as a "Kim Tan", not someone like Jong Dae.  

Yes, I watched a video of an interview with him at one of his shows in 2017 and I think LMH has some anxiety about moving out of his 20´s into more mature roles and whether his fans will follow.  But he was  gutsy about taking this role, and he appears to be moving forward, trying some different things with Bounty Hunters and the DMZ.  It will be so interesting to see what he does next!

• Like 4

L8TeqtA.gif

Spoiler

From seeming to be a puppet of Ki Chul, Deok Heung is eventually showing some ambition towards the throne, and even considers double-crossing him by offering his position to Adviser Jo. And it didn't take too long for Jo to jump ship and accept the offer... I'm not surprised.

Eun Soo implicitly saying her goodbye to Noguk is heartwarming, but when I learned that Noguk would die of childbirth, it became heart-wrenching. :tears:

p96SmeN.gif

I kinda saw it coming that Choi Young would take the fall, for the king, but mostly for Eun Soo. It was laid out in the previous episode that the main reason that Choi Young sided with Gongnim is for him to be able to keep his promise to bring Eun Soo back. Up to this point, he intends to keep that promise, and taking the fall actually gives him more flexibility to do just that. After talking to Eun Soo about the opening of heaven's doors, and heaven's people regarding him as a pure and great man, it became clear to him that keeping his promise is the most important thing at this point. And also in the process, he would be able to save the king. At least that's my take on this.

LFDCrdG.gif

I like how Eun Soo finds simple joy in food. Everybody's concerned about their safety from Ki Chul's men, and here she is, thinking about food. :D

zDlmc5x.gif

L8xZkJA.gif

Our general is falling for Eun Soo, but only shows it subtly. I like the mortified look on his face when he saw the bottle of aspirin on Eun Soo's hand. Oh...LMH and his hundred spot-on facial expressions. :wub:

qKH6au0.gif

I agree with the comment in Scattered Joonni that Choi Young in this episode has been gazing at Eun Soo's face more than ever, memorizing every detail. With her impending return, he doesn't want to forget her face, as he did with Mayhee's. His longing to touch her hair, him tracing her silhouette, just shows how deep he has fallen for her, and yet he has to endure the pain of losing her.

8NFYeyq.gif

rJREgeI.gif

rjGhN7z.gif

FganweV.gif 

xEjfYEB.gif

About Gangnam Blues, I think it gave him the opportunity to showcase his acting prowess, beyond his usual boy-next-door roles. I didn't mind the mood/setting of the movie, as I watch various film genre. Are we including GB in our rewatch after his kdramas? I'm planning to watch it again so I can appreciate it more.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

L8TeqtA.gif

Reveal hidden contents

From seeming to be a puppet of Ki Chul, Deok Heung is eventually showing some ambition towards the throne, and even considers double-crossing him by offering his position to Adviser Jo. And it didn't take too long for Jo to jump ship and accept the offer... I'm not surprised.

Eun Soo implicitly saying her goodbye to Noguk is heartwarming, but when I learned that Noguk would die of childbirth, it became heart-wrenching. :tears:

p96SmeN.gif

I kinda saw it coming that Choi Young would take the fall, for the king, but mostly for Eun Soo. It was laid out in the previous episode that the main reason that Choi Young sided with Gongnim is for him to be able to keep his promise to bring Eun Soo back. Up to this point, he intends to keep that promise, and taking the fall actually gives him more flexibility to do just that. After talking to Eun Soo about the opening of heaven's doors, and heaven's people regarding him as a pure and great man, it became clear to him that keeping his promise is the most important thing at this point. And also in the process, he would be able to save the king. At least that's my take on this.

LFDCrdG.gif

I like how Eun Soo finds simple joy in food. Everybody's concerned about their safety from Ki Chul's men, and here she is, thinking about food. :D

zDlmc5x.gif

L8xZkJA.gif

Our general is falling for Eun Soo, but only shows it subtly. I like the mortified look on his face when he saw the bottle of aspirin on Eun Soo's hand. Oh...LMH and his hundred spot-on facial expressions. :wub:

qKH6au0.gif

I agree with the comment in Scattered Joonni that Choi Young in this episode has been gazing at Eun Soo's face more than ever, memorizing every detail. With her impending return, he doesn't want to forget her face, as he did with Mayhee's. His longing to touch her hair, him tracing her silhouette, just shows how deep he has fallen for her, and yet he has to endure the pain of losing her.

8NFYeyq.gif

rJREgeI.gif

rjGhN7z.gif

FganweV.gif 

xEjfYEB.gif

About Gangnam Blues, I think it gave him the opportunity to showcase his acting prowess, beyond his usual boy-next-door roles. I didn't mind the mood/setting of the movie, as I watch various film genre. Are we including GB in our rewatch after his kdramas? I'm planning to watch it again so I can appreciate it more.

I´m up for it.

• Like 1

cr:  logo via Woodalchi Minoz

I thought this was soo cute

@syntyche and @msdot:  Sure, we can rewatch GB.  Maybe I'll get something more out of the movie as well.  LMH will be back from MS, I believe, before we finish Heirs, so I had been debating whether we should try to finish Heirs before he emerges or continue watching even after.  It would be difficult to watch 2 episodes a week, and it will certainly be a while before we see anything new so we can kill more time by watching GB.

• Like 4

LMH in Faith episode 14:

Thanks for all the comments!!

There are many sweet moments in this episode.  I'll pick this as my favorite because Eun-soo is starting to wake up to her own feelings:

On 11/9/2018 at 7:30 PM, CallieP said:

tumblr_php1s6cZ7V1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Does this look familiar? 

tumblr_pi2zi5vYEE1w2zf0ho1_540.pngtumblr_pi2zi5vYEE1w2zf0ho2_400.png

What are you showing us?  Are you crazy?  :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 11/11/2018 at 3:53 AM, syntyche said:

Yes, I think it gave him a chance to show another side of his acting prowess, not just a flower boy. I am up for watching and hearing comments about GB and his acting in particular.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, CallieP said:

msdot and willenette, I really liked Gangnam Blues, I know it is violent and has intense sex scenes but I have seen some Korean movies and that is pretty standard. Korean movies are very different from Korean dramas, lots of violence and sex.

He should have won the best new actor for the Baeksang and the Blue Dragon but he did not and I felt that it was unfair. I think he deserved it. There were some critics who liked him but others who did not. To me he did an excellent job. You saw a different side of him not seen in his dramas. Yoo Ha compared him to the French actor Alain Delon who was very broodingly handsome. I can understand why Yoo Ha said that. His character in GB was a lot like a role the french actor did years ago that I managed to watch. LMH also worked very hard in GB.  It was a very well done movie. Fight scenes were excellent. The director was very detailed in making the era authentic, clothes, cars , buildings, etc.A lot of detail and work went into the movie. LMH was very handsome, manly and no longer a flower boy in the movie. The movie should have done better. Another bad luck is China did not allow the movie to be screened in China and that was a big loss there. LMH's silent cry when he saw the family registration paper affected me to and his silent love for his adopted sister.

Hi CallieP,   I very much agree with you - There are just so many HUGE differences between Korean movies and Korean dramas. Korean movies have its gritty image. In Korean movies you expect to see a lot more 18+ content and more realistic gloomy approach of South Korea. The messages K-movies try to convey is highly different from what K-dramas often convey. In K-dramas you have noticed how pure and innocent the main female lead can be, which is not the case in K-movies. The latter have no problem pushing the boundaries. I prefer K-dramas because many have amazing scripts, amazing actors and amazing OST. There are good Korean movies out there, but if I had 2 free hours and had to choose between watching a K-movie that might disappoint me to a K-drama that might disappoint me, I would still choose a K-drama. The chances you might like a K-drama is 10 times the chances you might like a K-movie.  this is according to my own humble opinion. :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20181113 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

732c87dbgy1fx64mnb7ofj20u01hcqbj.jpg

732c87dbgy1fx64moxyrfj20u01hcgu0.jpg

732c87dbgy1fx64mpi6w3j20u01hc7c8.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. Ohhhh.............that sexy back! :P

37 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Now there were 3 persons maintaining the order ? bb's driver and manager, the lady should be the staff of Suseo Welfare Center.

*** also, thanks for sharing this clip. This is good for security reason - it's just that the fans could no longer go near him. :P

• Like 2

Yup agree with Joonni too about CY memorizing ES's face so he can remember her and ES thinking about food. Her look when CY ate her soup was priceless. :lol:

• Like 4