Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 hours ago, Intisar G said:

Hi everyone this is my first post in this LMH soompi forum. I hope I can join your conversation about LMH even if my english is lacking. I'm really happy to be one of you and to see you all around.

Hi @Intisar G  Welcome on board, Chingu !

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

yes, Minhoyaaa please give us some new content to talk about about. He has been MIA hope we get an IG update today or movielog. It’s so quite here :( 

Korean Minoz in DC also miss LMH so much  Minho Oppa, please update soon! We all miss you!! 

I hope he hears us

53.8% Korean movie and 46.2% Netflix drama and no one voted for web toon based drama lol 
Thanks for your poll @Nikaa94  It's good to know the results.   I am okay for both.

:transforms:

Love his smile at end  .... my poor beating heart :heart2beat:

Thanks @leeminhosny for the LMH Airport Looks - sadly we no longer see much of it due to Covid19.   Wish the pandemic disappear, so missing his fashionable walk and gaze. 

Has anyone else here got poll fatigue?!  There are so many and I don’t know which are the 

important ones to vote in. I also don’t understand with one poll why we have to vote for our favourite on the green arrow and then down vote other actors- it seems very unfair. Then one poll looked like it was for SBS but the small print said it was from Han cinema and nothing to do with SBS.

Do you think LMH will really be concerned about these polls now he has moved on to another project.

( just to add I don’t mean polls on here like the Faith one which are between us and really enjoyable)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Has anyone else here got poll fatigue?!  There are so many and I don’t know which are the 

important ones to vote in. I also don’t understand with one poll why we have to vote for our favourite on the green arrow and then down vote other actors- it seems very unfair. Then one poll looked like it was for SBS but the small print said it was from Han cinema and nothing to do with SBS.

Do you think LMH will really be concerned about these polls now he has moved on to another project.

( just to add I don’t mean polls on here like the Faith one which are between us and really enjoyable)

Of course LMH doesn't concerne polls , is he fan ? Why does he concern polls? Fans works for polls , polls means fanwars, every fandom want theirs drama/actors win and this so normal. And this is promotion at the same time. If there are people who didn't watch that drama , they might say "this is 1st so I can watch" etc. Most important SBS's site photo likes , because it is SBS official site, other sites just for fans. Hancinema isn't SBS .Their result won't bring awards etc. but if you think as promotion , you can vote. But every fandom working hard if we think LMH has at least 21M followers on IG , Minoz doesn't work hard , at least we even couldn't any Swoon IG polls , this was import because Korean can see how TKEM is loved.Really annoying. I think new drama fans don't know voting so much. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I totally get you! Since I joined the fandom I feel like I am always voting in polls and of course I think LMH doesn't care about them, but think of it like being part of something bigger and achieving things together and, as @leeminhosnysaid in terms of promotion of our favourite actor and his works.

I also don't like that downwards voting system and I think it contributes to fandom wars, which is negative and quite absurd, but it seems a lot of people love to dislike others instead of just supporting their favorites. 

I also want to say that I am not referring to the polls set up here in Soompi, which are always fun. Or the polls by @Nikaa94 on twitter. 

Hi @Intisar G, welcome to the thread! I am also quite new but everyone around here is fantastic and very nice! I think most of us are not English native speakers but with good attitude and our willingness to support LMH this works finely! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

I totally get you! Since I joined the fandom I feel like I am always voting in polls and of course I think LMH doesn't care about them, but think of it like being part of something bigger and achieving things together and, as @leeminhosnysaid in terms of promotion of our favourite actor and his works.

LMH and TKEM cast worked hard , and Drama became big hit but Fans don't work hard, TKEM and LMH received so much hate during drama airing but these polls are also answer to haters " look this drama/actor is loved very much" some of polls are voted just one time a day . This take just 1 minute. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

LMH and TKEM cast worked hard , and Drama became big hit but Fans don't work hard, TKEM and LMH received so much hate during drama airing but these polls are also answer to haters " look this drama/actor is loved very much" some of polls are voted just one time a day . This take just 1 minute. 

Hey, I am voting. Like in five polls per day. But I don't think that not voting makes a person less of a fan. And also I don't think that is fair to say that fans don't work hard: we all have our works and occupations in real life but we are here to support our favourite actors and dramas in our free time. Being a fan is not a full time work. And also is fun, but still we can feel feel poll fatigue. And it is OK. 

I know TKEM received hate during its emission and it was not as successful in Korea as it could have been, but voting in a lot of polls it's not going to change that reality. TKEM is more loved around the world that in Korea and that is a fact, so let's be happy about the polls that we win and not suffer for those we won't win. 

:hooray2:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

Hey, I am voting. Like in five polls per day. But I don't think that not voting makes a person less of a fan. And also I don't think that is fair to say that fans don't work hard: we all have our works and occupations in real life but we are here to support our favourite actors and dramas in our free time. Being a fan is not a full time work. And also is fun, but still we can feel feel poll fatigue. And it is OK. 

I know TKEM received hate during its emission and it was not as successful in Korea as it could have been, but voting in a lot of polls it's not going to change that reality. TKEM is more loved around the world that in Korea and that is a fact, so let's be happy about the polls that we win and not suffer for those we won't win. 

@Missprincesa, well-said. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The World’s Top 10 Most-Streamed K-Dramas On Netflix In 2020

How many have you seen?

This year, K-Dramas have been more popular than ever worldwide—especially thanks to simultaneous streaming on Netflix. These were the top 10 most-streamed K-Dramas on the platform in 2020.

3. The King: Eternal Monarch

The King: Eternal Monarch was the 3rd most-watched K-Drama on Netflix this year, and the 35th most-watched TV show on Netflix this year overall.

xLKIODrpU55QmMI89Vff5zR_wRVicKPU4JXaupZaChhswbsCuiRLd_UN0feH9pq639nfQ78doDDOTzmbeLNh3ZvdrMiyyLejsJdu9GBAZFCr9mI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

| SBS

Originally produced for SBS, The King: Eternal Monarch premiered on April 17, 2020. Starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Lee Jung Jin, this fantasy romance drama follows an old-time king who steps through a portal that takes him to modern-day Korea to solve a mystery.

g0B3hpaqL6FdCyP391SQKLOLS7dADDifajwQzR8IOJCeZJYkElVSjcvKntSDzh-C8FxLV1x8KPkBBRkxpH3BqAyOUBJNfT7VITF9JnM8ch7sWI8=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

| SBS

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : FlixPatrol

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/streaming/world/2020/full

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

‘The King Eternal Monarch’ Topped King Choice’s 'Best Korean Drama of 2020'

BY Sam Yap Dec 23, 2020

the-king-eternal-monarch-topped-king-cho

(Photo : instagram)
‘The King Eternal Monarch’ Topped King Choice’s Best Korean Drama of 2020

If you have not watched Korean dramas, then you're missing out in so many ways!

Nowadays, K-dramas have become a trend and are already a worldwide phenomenon. Most especially after the quarantine started. When things feel a little overwhelming, others tend to escape into the fantastical world of Korean dramas to drown out the loneliness. Korean dramas are famous for their interesting storylines, intense but sometimes predictable plot twists, stellar acting, ethereal-looking cast, and of course, a heartwarming and cute romance.

These dramas can go from super silly to incredibly heartbreaking to "what was that?" in a snap! These are the varieties that keep viewers hooked and crave for some more. Today, we bring you the "Best Korean Drama of 2020" according to King Choice.

King Choice is a popular K-pop and K-drama voting website. Before the year ends, viewers get to choose the 2020 best Korean drama, and now we give you the result of that survey.

See Full Rankings below and see if your favorite made it to the top 10!

#1 "The King Eternal Monarch"

the-king-eternal-monarch-topped-king-cho

(Photo : Instagram)
‘The King Eternal Monarch’ Topped King Choice’s Best Korean Drama of 2020

Based on King Choice's voting site, the drama that topped the survey was the fantasy drama starred by talented actor Lee Min Ho and his leading lady Kim Go Eun, "The King Eternal Monarch." The drama is set in two parallel worlds and follows Emperor Lee Gon's (Lee Min-Ho) 's life from the Kingdom of Corea, who one day discovers a portal crossing to another world, which is modern-day Korea that we all know. There he will meet detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), whom he is familiar with, from an identity card he found during the turning point of his childhood, which was his father's assassination.

The drama was hailed as one of the most-anticipated series in the first half of 2020 because of its star-studded cast, excellent screenwriter, and of course, its over-the-top production budget. "The King Eternal Monarch" has set a record for SBS's highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings, and in addition to this, it also stayed in the No.1 spot on the weekly Wavve drama chart for eight consecutive weeks!

"The King Eternal Monarch" was ranked as the most popular Korean drama series on Netflix in India, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore and one of the top two in the U.S. The series may be topping surveys and rankings; however, it also received mixed reviews and lower-than-expected domestic TV viewership ratings on later episodes.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119560/20201223/the-king-eternal-monarch-topped-king-choice-s-best-korean-drama-of-2020.htm

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

:hooray2:

I didn't say "you don't work" I say for some fans, LMH has so many fan but how do we lose  where are these fans? Just his IG followers one in hundred vote just one time a day we win easly, and every actor's fan works real life and I didn't say you should work full time, if every fan just vote one time this so easy and nobody work in every 24 hours every moment.

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I didn't say "you don't work" I say for some fans, LMH has so many fan but how do we lose  where are these fans? Just his IG followers one in hundred vote just one time a day we win easly, and every actor's fan works real life and I didn't say you should work full time, if every fan just vote one time this so easy and nobody work in every 24 hours every moment.

I get your point but I think that being a follower doesn't equal to be a fan. Also, it is difficult to keep track of these polls unless you are actively looking for them or lurking in sites like this soompi forum. For me at least is that way: Korean contents are not so popular around European countries unless you look specifically for them and that is the reason I join soompi, to be updated. But it is different for everyone. 

Anyway, I don't want you to think that I am arguing with you (we are both on LMH side), just to stress that being a fan is not the same for everyone and you can be a fan and not participate on this polls (for example, in Facebook there is a wide LMH Latinoamerican and Spanish fans community that are not aware of most of these polls) and they are not worse fans for it. 

Goodnight, chingus! Let's hope we will get some news tomorrow on Christmas eve or in Christmas day. 

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2