Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

A few more comments on BOF ep. 14: (Thanks for your posts!)

On 8/18/2017 at 2:28 PM, CallieP said:

The F3 rally around her. Ji Hoo her protector. Then you see that GJP had some sort of a pact with his mother who threatened JD. He could have stood up to her and say. Yes I will run the company as I promised dad but I want to continue dating JD. If you don't agree, I will step down and leave. Give her the ultimatum. I guess he is afraid of his mother. 

I don't know if he is afraid of his mother, but I think he feels powerless against her.  What can he do?  I don't think he has given up; I think he is trying to work out a plan in his mind.  He is growing up.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, CarolynH said:

I found the scene at the basketball court with the F4 sad.  I thought the F3 were a little harsh on GJP..  I can't say that I feel too sorry for Jandi because she has hurt him in the past.

I'd love to see LMH play a cold hearted character; I think he'd be terrific. 

Jan-di has hurt him, but I don't know how much she intended to.  GJP is trying to protect JD from his mother, and like YJ describes, he is making the break harsh in order for her to get over it faster.

Cold-hearted character?  Yes!  He looked pretty fierce in Public Enemy Returns.

On 8/20/2017 at 4:47 AM, syntyche said:

In the basketball scene, him acting like a jerk to his childhood friends, really got F3 disappointed at JP. But because of that, we saw how the F3 has learned to protect and care for JD. YJ even ended up punching GJP.

The bridge scene was one of the heartbreaking scenes in the series. When we say that LMH can act with his eyes alone, well, in this scene, I could feel his eyes piercing through JD's heart. And shattering it to a million pieces. Poor JD, left behind and held on for six long months, and now this? And poor GJP, it must have been painful to push away the woman he loves. The first woman he's ever loved.

It's nice that Jan-di is now in F4 and has their protection.  

When GJP said JD was the first woman he has ever loved, his mom didn't even flinch.  Shouldn't a boy's mom be the first woman he ever loves?  She didn't seem surprised to hear that he doesn't love her.  (Maybe I'm the only one who took it that way.)

On 8/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, pixie0622 said:

4. The Mama Kang Confrontation: (Wow. Just wow. This scene alone may have won LMH the Most Outstanding Performance by a Rookie in the Baeksang that year. The sheer number of emotions he showed in just two minutes of screen time was astounding: rage to frustration to grief then threatening resolve left me awestruck by his controlled acting. I was amazed by how he managed to keep the tears that were slowly building up not to fall, in perfect sync with his emotions. Bravo!) The revelation that it was all an act to protect JD was heartbreaking. As if it wasn't enough to burden him with the duty to keep SH alive for his Dad, Evil Mom had to add the threat to JD in order to rein in his son. Whattalife! 

P.S. I have to say that I loved the addition of JK. I also thought that she was a better match for JP hence I feared how the writers would develop the story such that JP would believably want to stay with JD. 

I get kinda mad when folks say LMH can't act.  :angry:

I also think JK is a good match for GJP.  I think Lee Min-jung's acting makes JK more appealing than KHS's Jan-di.  That thing called love is not rational, but it's a good thing to be committed to your loved one and not have your head turned by everything that crosses your path.

Boys Over Flowers episode 15

For a full recap visit Dramabeans:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/02/boys-before-flowers-episode-15/

My few thoughts:

Gu Jun-pyo promised his mom he’d break up with Jan-di, so the only thing he can do now is stalk her.

(I don't know anyone other than LMH who can lovingly sing a song titled "Stalker" to his fans!  :lol:)

tumblr_ov771itMMf1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Jan-di is spending her time with Ji-hoo, but the plot and their acting right here is cringey to me.  However, this line from Ji-hoo is nice:

“There are a lot of things I’m doing for the first time because of you. So thanks.” 

The only thing I liked about the bathroom scenario was this little note:

Spoiler

tumblr_ov771itMMf1w2zf0ho3_540.png

(I’d like to delete it all from my mind as well.)

Mr. Jung is keeping track of Jan-di for Jun-pyo and manages to get him to the airport before Jan-di and Ji-hoo leave Macau.

Spoiler

tumblr_ov771itMMf1w2zf0ho4_540.png

But again, what can Gu Jun-pyo do?  Staying away is the protection he can give Jan-di, so now he gets to watch Ji-hoo get closer.

tumblr_ov771itMMf1w2zf0ho5_540.png

Jun-pyo just breaks down in frustration, knowing he can’t do anything, or Madam Kang will come after Jan-di and her family.  He had intended to give Jan-di the shoes he saw her admiring.  Left behind at the airport, those darned shoes end up as an unintended gift to Jae-kyung (though she views them differently).

Spoiler

tumblr_ov771itMMf1w2zf0ho6_540.png

Even though she’s not the most likeable person, up to now, I have been willing to believe that Madam Kang is doing what she thinks is best for Jun-pyo.  From her viewpoint, she is preparing him for a successful future where he will be happiest.  Her witchy behavior at GJP’s birthday party put me over the edge.  Blech!  So mean!  Who’s the grown-up here?

Spoiler

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Here are the words to the song Jan-di bravely performs:

The moment you come to my side,
I love that look in your eye.
Yesterday I cried, but because of you today,
I’ll be happy tomorrow.

It’s not your face or style
but your soft love that I needed
to forget the past.
Without you, I can’t do anything anymore
I only know love.

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho2_540.png

I enjoyed Jae-kyung’s entrance to the party and GJP’s wrist-grab of the wrong wrist.  Gu Jun-pyo has made an about-face from his serious, brutal ways in Macau and is back to his goofier, bickering self.  It would be easy to forget what happened there.

Spoiler

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho5_540.png

My favoritest :) moment came at the very end:

I like that JH and JP always seem to be in synch, always returning to each other when in crisis ... Friends.

Spoiler

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho6_540.png

Preview of episode 16:

Spoiler

tumblr_ov779ePDIN1w2zf0ho7_540.png

• Like 9

A mixed episode for me.  Some really great scenes coupled with some boring ones.

BOYS OVER FLOWERS- episode 15

so sad watching GJP watching and imagining Jandi and Ji Hoo spending the night together.  Now how did Ji Hoo buy the same shoes for Jandi that GJP and Jae Kyung fought for?  Wasn't that the last pair?  I love Secretary Jung!  So thoughtful to keep GJP apprised for when Jandi is leaving Macau.  And-- another one of my favorite SceneS- GJP breaking down at the Airport.  I love watching his expression as he slowly begins to break down after Jandi asks why he came to the airport and he's unable to say anything.  Watching Secretary Jung comfort a weeping GJP made me cry too.  Javabeans said the scene is a little weird, but I disagree. Without sec. Jung, GJP would have no one to comfort him.  On a side note, I really find it hard to reconcile LMH as GJP as the same LMH see see almost daily reporting to work.  It really is like watching two different people.  I really would like to see him reenact a scene from BOF just to confirm it's th same person.  

how is Jandi able to attend shin wha academy?  If she can't swim, she's not there on a scholarship.  Maybe it's part of the deal GJP made with his mother?

Another scene, I love but had forgotten about is Jandi, at gjp's home going into GJP's bedroom missing their time together. Ugh, here come the tears again.  GJP has the best sister, doesn't he?  

GJP's b-day celebration sure doesn't seem like a celebration for him , but more of a business dinner.  GHS really does have a lovely singing voice. 

A bit of comic relief with Jae Kyung calling GJP "curly" lol. GJP definitely is a match for Jae Kyung.  I can't imagine her with a quiet guy; she needs someone like GJP who matches her personality. 

• Like 9

@1ouise and @CarolynH thanks chingus for your comments:)

BOYS OVER FLOWERS-EPISODE FIFTEEN

kkot15-031.jpg

When I watched this episode for the first time, Jun Pyo showing up at the airport really confused me because, previously, he chose to watch Jandi from afar and suffer in silence. He certainly had something to say to her but he was at a loss for words in front of her. Now that Jandi wouldn’t accept even a strand of hair from him, why did he buy shoes for the girl that he dumped? Is this another 'facade' for mama Kang? Where are her spies anyway? Nevertheless, their confrontation and conversation made me assume that he came to make his farewell to Ji Hoo and Jandi. Too bad that he had to punch Ji Hoo, hurting Jandi even more and we know that he did it out of frustration and jealousy. And then Jun Pyo breaking down in tears and Secretary Jung comforting him was so heartbreaking. What a way to bring angst to a drama. I'm sniffling here:(

Cr xladollyvita

I’m glad that Jandi now has a new purpose in her life; after all, she has to create her own future as she wasn’t born with a silver spoon in her mouth. This time around when I re-watched BOF, I somehow felt that Jandi loved Jun Pyo even more after their separation, strangely though she doesn’t really want to win him back, instead, she’s grateful for the love that they already shared.

Mama Kang is a ruthlessly manipulative woman to use her own son’s birthday party to humiliate Jandi. Her sad love song to Jun Pyo is so adorable. Whatever happens in the future, expressing her feelings to him must have been relieving to her. How Jun Pyo forced a smile on seeing her and the way they stole glances at each other, really left me breathless.:(

d2521d675935eb8cc434f6dc3c5cc26f.gif&key

Cr. Minoz_Selene

cr Sofygrafe

Oh! And the news of Jun Pyo’s engagement with Jae Kyung came as a bombshell. Still, I feel bad for her for being unreasonably dragged into mama Kang’s villainous plot. I like how they’re trying to make things uneasy for us, the viewers, by the introduction of Jae Kyung who is seemingly more compatible with Jun Pyo. On the other hand, I have read in the BOF thread, that according to the manga, Makino (Jandi) is not supposed to be very pretty. Apart from her acts of defiance, it is Jandi's average looks, her average life and her inner beauty that made her unique to Jun Pyo.  Therefore, I don’t see Jae Kyung’s presence as a real threat to Jun+ Di couple.:)

Finally, I wish Jun Pyo could also hear these wise words.

Jun-pyo will come back, so don’t give up on him. Trust me, and give him one more chance. Can you do that?- Jun Hee

Sometimes what you see isn’t real. Some things are visible only through faith - Ji Hoo

More links inside spoiler

Spoiler

cr Minoz1987

cr Duong Do

cr lovelyminho

cr rosamin2

cr YUKI_3862_MINOZJAPAN KIZUNA

Cr Vkrits

• Like 9

19 hours ago, CarolynH said:

A mixed episode for me.  Some really great scenes coupled with some boring ones.

BOYS OVER FLOWERS- episode 15

so sad watching GJP watching and imagining Jandi and Ji Hoo spending the night together.  Now how did Ji Hoo buy the same shoes for Jandi that GJP and Jae Kyung fought for?  Wasn't that the last pair?  I love Secretary Jung!  So thoughtful to keep GJP apprised for when Jandi is leaving Macau.  And-- another one of my favorite SceneS- GJP breaking down at the Airport.  I love watching his expression as he slowly begins to break down after Jandi asks why he came to the airport and he's unable to say anything.  Watching Secretary Jung comfort a weeping GJP made me cry too.  Javabeans said the scene is a little weird, but I disagree. Without sec. Jung, GJP would have no one to comfort him.  On a side note, I really find it hard to reconcile LMH as GJP as the same LMH see see almost daily reporting to work.  It really is like watching two different people.  I really would like to see him reenact a scene from BOF just to confirm it's th same person.  

how is Jandi able to attend shin wha academy?  If she can't swim, she's not there on a scholarship.  Maybe it's part of the deal GJP made with his mother?

Another scene, I love but had forgotten about is Jandi, at gjp's home going into GJP's bedroom missing their time together. Ugh, here come the tears again.  GJP has the best sister, doesn't he?  

GJP's b-day celebration sure doesn't seem like a celebration for him , but more of a business dinner.  GHS really does have a lovely singing voice. 

A bit of comic relief with Jae Kyung calling GJP "curly" lol. GJP definitely is a match for Jae Kyung.  I can't imagine her with a quiet guy; she needs someone like GJP who matches her personality. 

Actually Jae Kyung seems more suited to GJP but love is blind right. I don't think JD is really on scholarship for swimming. They gave it to her to quell the uproar caused by the attempted suicide and she made headlines. I think her school scholarship is for the length of her school years so up to senior year. Agree with you on the two touching scenes, GJP breaking down and Secretary Jung there to take care of him like a father, great scene. JD crying after reliving the wonderful moments with JP in the bedroom.

I liked that Ji Hoo was there for Jan Di and she now has a dream of being a doctor and Ji Hoo is always there to support her. I like it.

Probably it was a different shoe shop that Ji Hoo bought the shoes from??? There is not only one shoe shop right?

Liked Jan Di singing the song for the birthday party, when did she learn to play a piano? Her singing voice is good though not strong, it can go up a high note.

Yes, GJP and LMH going to work daily are two entirely different persons, Ha! Ha!. I noticed that LMH finds it hard to enact his roles again. He tries during an interview or one of his concerts but he ends up laughing and not able to concentrate.

Yes, LMH could play a cold hearted character well with his cold hard eyes, so different from his true self.:D

LMH is only in half of this episode but it is him that makes the episode come alive, his crying scene and then his bickering with Jae Kyung,  we see his old self again. That was great even though short. He can't help bickering with Jan Di and then it turned out that it was Jae Kyung so he ends up bickering with her instead.

Love this, LMH has such a natural and lovely laugh.

@pixie0622 "This scene alone may have won LMH the Most Outstanding Performance by a Rookie in the Baeksang that year. The sheer number of emotions he showed in just two minutes of screen time was astounding: rage to frustration to grief then threatening resolve left me awestruck by his controlled acting".

Agree with this observation by pixie and also this comment " I get kinda mad when folks say LMH can't act.  :angry:" by @1ouise

DB is one of those that thought his acting in Faith and Heirs was wanting. However if he can act in BOF, he can act anywhere, it just depends on his interpretation of his roles. Subdued, sombre, crazy, etc.

• Like 9

In this episode, I could see that GJP still loves JD, even after breaking up with her, against his will. All he could do for now is to wait for at least three hours on the side of the road until JD gets home and finally turns off the lights.

I like that Secretary Jung knows what's in GJP's heart, even if he doesn't say it. He's tracked JD's flight for him, and even got him out of the meeting with mama Kang and the "in-laws" to catch JD's flight. And he comforted him like a father when he broke down at the airport.

At the airport, GJP must have something planned to say to JD, but the sight of JH putting on JD's feet the same pair of shoes he meant to buy himself for her, totally blew GJP off. His jealousy and frustration is written all over his face, his heavy breathing and stern look at JH and JD. And when JD asks him if he has something to say, he's dumbfounded and, I guess, realized how messed up their situation is. My heart is aching for GJP breaking down and crying out of frustration.

When mama Kang invited JD to GJP's party, it's not to share with her the happy celebration of GJP's birthday, but she had plans up her sleeve. She very well knew that JD is a daughter of a dry cleaner, not of wealthy parents who could afford to send her to prestigious schools. Thus, she assumed that JD doesn't know how to do things that you learn from such schools, like playing the piano. So she put her on the spot and made her play the piano. But when JD starts to play, and sing well at that, mama Kang, together with the F4, where astonished. However, after JD did well on her performance, here came mama Kang apologizing for JD. I guess she's just defensive that her plan backfired. In the Taiwanese version Meteor Garden, Sanchai (JD) actually only knows that one piano piece that she played. Good for her, as Dao Ming Feng (mama Kang) was left dumbfounded seeing her play the piano well. (And it pays to learn at least one piano piece. @minekas, I so love to watch that video with LMH playing the piano.)

Another dark plan that mama Kang had was the surprise announcement of the arranged marriage of GJP and JK, right at JD's face. With that announcement, she was thinking that JD would finally know her place and leave GJP be.

Mama Kang's dark plans were revealed, as GJP tells JD that it's naive for her to fall again for his mom's tricks. She should have known that his mom had something up her sleeve. But, alas, he took the wrong girl.

• Like 9

Good Base became another Mega Brand of KGC.

http://news.joins.com/article/21879436

6d53078agy1fiypkktz20g207f0crq49.gif

cr vin_minoz

(Partial translation by Google)

'Good Base' is a 'mega brand' of KGC Ginseng Corporation, which is followed by 'Chung Kwan-jang'.

GoodBase is a natural brand launched in 2010 by KGC Ginseng Corporation. Manage the product through more than 290 safety inspections by applying the well-known Qingdao's raw material and quality management system with thorough safety management. After the release, it has continued to grow thanks to the credibility of the 'Chief Inspector'. It grew 23% in 2015 and 28% in 2016, and was well received by consumers. 'Good Base' recorded 81% sales growth in the first half of this year.

005z4geHly1fiz88tp4nfj31kw1tu1kx.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 9

On 8/28/2017 at 9:05 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

20170828 on duty :

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing the photos. LMH looks also fine with purple color. :tongue: Especially this one - all black............

9 hours ago, Myhun said:

20170828 off to work

off from work

cr as tagged

Hi Myhun, thanks for sharing the clip off from work yesterday. :tongue:

On 8/28/2017 at 11:07 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

2017/09/30~2017/10/09 will be the holidays in Korea. We will not see our bb for 10 days.  :(

cr 奋斗在韩国

Reveal hidden contents

6b600476gy1fiz5warbgwj20qo1bftfl.jpg

cr Logo

*** I wonder why, dear - ???? :o

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170829 on duty :

cr Logo

gtLmh, also, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. He looks MORE gorgeous & HOT with black color. :tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myhun said:

20170829 off to work

cr as tagged

Myhun, thanks for sharing this clip. LMH didn't wave goodbye to the fans but he took a glance before entering the door. It's his way of saying bye............He's such a very warm person, very NICE, very lovable. :tongue:

• Like 1