Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hi every one.First of all, thank you for responses to me. They made my day. Unfortunately, I couldn't post at the time I read them. Now, I can't remember which pages they are. Regarding LMH's voice, I've got to admit that I prefer listening to him speaking English than Korean. Maybe it's because I can understand.

I have avoided K-dramas for a long time as I found they took too much of my time. I had completely no knowledge of the current actors and actresses. Then  2 months ago, I just felt the need for some relatable fashion inspiration and I remembered k-drama used to be a good source. I picked BOF because I read that it was about the super rich kids. I thought there might be very nice outfits there. So I started watching i,t and you know, LMH drew me in. At that time i didn't care about his handsomeness. Yes, I realized that he was handsome,but so were the other F3, and you can't say who looked better. Oh, I even thought that, Kim Bum might even be prettier  than LMH, and the blond guy (sorry I am so bad at names) reminded me of Bae Yong Joon, my favorite prior to LMH's era.  However, I loved watching LMH expressions to the point that I skipped most scenes that he wasn't in. Until now, I still have no clue about the pottery guy's love story.

After BOF came Personal Taste and City Hunter. I loved both. I was so surprised that BOF had the highest rating of all. I thought City Hunter should be. I am actually re-watching both of them now.

I didn't love Faith that much because I don't usually like historical drama. I watched it only b/c of LMH. But it seems there were not many chances for LMH to show his differerent faces like in BOF. Most of the time he had to act like he was about to die. I was bored.

I am not sure if these questions have been discussed or not, but I've been wondering:

- if LMH is an excellent actor? I wasn't sure if I am drawn to him because he acts well or because he is handsome. I tried to watch some other dramas as well, trying to see if I can find someone else, male or female, who can captivate me like LMH. So far I find  I like the leading cast in That Winter The Wind Blows and Coffee Prince. Quite a few other dramas, like Nice Guy, I dropped after a few episodes.  I am re-watching City Hunter and Personal Taste now, trying to pay attention to LMH's acting skills, but I still don't know if I like LMH because he is so easy on the eyes or he can act well.

- What scenes from his dramas you find memorable/impressive? For rme, his kiss scenes. His kisses are so  gentle, sweet while very passionate. I also like his light and swift movements in the action scenes. That's strange because I don't usually like action movies. There are more, but they are not on top of my head now.

- Is LMH very strong? He can walk so steady when he carries or piggy backs other people like they have no weight. I thought it was b/c he is so tall. but Jo In Sung is also very tall, however it looks much heavier on JIS when he carries other people.

- Among Korean actors and actresses, LMH seems to have the biggest international appeal. What in him that make him attractive to the non-Korean community, do you think?

LorenHaze said:

@ilwoo_aein - hello Chingu! *hugs*

LMH & PMY'S chemistry on City Hunter was fantastic too. I just found that LMH & KHS onscreen romance was so believable and more the kind that I prefer, a deeper more mature level. :-) I know what you mean about giving up. But in the end I had a change of heart and watched the entirety of BOF for LMH. That's the only reason :-)

I really hope the kisses are memorable. There's nothing more disappointing than having the chemistry so perfect; leading up to that kiss and when it finally happens, you're left with the feeling..what the heck just happened? Is that it? The actors are always so into it...but some of the actresses look as if they'd rather be anywhere, but there. That's why I love YEH and Kim Sun Ah. They're such professionals. I've never seen a kissing scene from them that I didn't like. I hope to feel the same way with LMH & PSH. I haven't watched a full drama of PSH, but from the bits and pieces I've seen of her, I have nothing negative to say. I agree she's very pretty and can I say this, from the stills that I've seen...she's even more beatiful when she cries. No wonder, Kim Tan was staring @ her intently.accccckkkkkk...I'm getting excited again Chingu! I'm trying to be patient, but the impatient me won't cooperate...hahaha!

EVERYONE is a pervert in their own way. Some are more vocal than others. LOL. But honestly, I would never ask to pinch his butt. That's bordering on insanity. I would do it accidentally instead. hahahahahahahaa!!!

Thank you too for being my Chingu!! Heirs will have high ratings...........I can sense it......:-)

ilwoo_aein

said:

@LorenHaze Hi chingu! *hugs* How's your day? I've been really busy at work for the last few days. But thanks to Minho, i feel less stress at work kekeke..Those gorgeous stills of him from "Heirs" are my energy booster hehehe..In my humble opinion, i just think KHS is not a perfect co-star for LMH in BOF. She don't fit the character. She can't portray Jandi's character well. Maybe that's why i don't even see any onscreen-chemistry between LMH-KHS in BOF? I was kind of disappointed back then. I don't mean to offense any Min-Sun ship here but that's just my opinion ;) I've watched 3 version of "BOF" and so far i was impressed by Barbie Hsu's acting as Shan Chai (Makino Tsukushi) in "Meteor Garden". Makino Tsukushi, even she belongs to poor family she is a hardworker, tough girl who always defends the weak. Barbie Hsu can portray the character so well :) Regarding "Faith", i don't think i will have changed of heart, i totally give up hahaha..I feel sorry to Minho hahaha..
Shinhye already known for her beauty and cuteness..Her acting skill improved little by little..Wish her all the best..I expect good acting from her in "Heirs" :) Oh yeah~ we're all excited..We're trying to be patient but Minho is the one who's driving us crazy right?! LOLPinch his butt accidentally? That's a good idea chingu! Since we know Minho won't allow it hahaha..Yay!! Minho fighting! 'Heirs' fighting! Back to work now..Have a nice day chingu~^^

Lee Min Ho Catches Waves for The Heirs

Filming in Los Angeles, Lee Min Ho was lucky enough to catch some waves while filming SBS’ The Heirs.

88791021.jpg

The photos released on September 26 showed Lee Min Ho in a body suit, carrying a giant surfboard with him. The scene was shot at Malibu Beach after a quick lesson on surfing and some practice.

“The waves were higher than I thought, so it was harder to go out into the ocean, but on the flipside, it was a lot of fun even though it was hard. The staff who jumped into the ocean with me to bring more life to the scene worked so hard,” said Lee Min Ho. “Even though I wore a full body suit, the sun was so strong that I got tanned. All the people on our team have dark faces now.”

36536599.jpg

The Heirs will air on October 9.

Photo Credit: SBS / enewsworld

Guest shantipriya

@adamfever

I know it's absolutely normal to like someone's voice better if you understand what he's saying. some people go to the extend that they won't watch/listen to movies/music that isn't in an understandable language.

fashion inspiration from BOF? uuuum... how can I put it... there were some good ideas, but not really. the dramas that really got my attention fashion-wise were "Try lying to me", "Personal taste" (menwear was so out of the box there), and I'm sure there are at least 10 more, but I can't really name them on a prima vista. what gets me all the time is that there's always such attention to detail- would it be that the suits are so perfectly made, or some hair-pin would be right on the spot, or the nails of the main female character would spark a tendency... it's just details that make the general picture even more precise, and take the characters to a whole different level of believable.

tbh, I was also surprised at BOF having the highest ratings when CH was light-years better in quality of the tech used, screenplay, acting skills, cast, staff, etc. I'm sorry, but F4 makes 3 appearences in the 1st episode, that lead to absolutely nothing but the same exact reaction of the school-kids "OMG, It's F4" and that's it. the 4th time they entered there was a slight difference, cuz they actually interacted with the rest. to me, that is out of any logic, it was only with the idea to fill up some screen time and it was a waste. if I had to decide, I'd cut those scenes to the final one.

Faith had its good and bad moments. I liked it overall. Minho showed a serious character that would have been more believable if he wasn't able to pass electricity through his hands, but it would have been more boring as well. the thing that one can't catch from watching that drama once, is that Minho communicates with his eyes very often, outside of the lines he has. I really like that type of acting and my fav actors are ones that exhibit that feature in every movie they make. it's very handy, especially when you can't show much of your character due to the script. not many actors possess such quality and often a character like that is shown as being too shallow and boring, while this may kill the actor's career. this exact ability of Minho's is what I think saved him, even though the ratings weren't good at all (as far as I know). I must say I was in love with General Choi and I saw passion in him that wasn't expressed through words or action. yes, he didn't show the different facial expressions Gu Jun Pyo had in BOF, but GJP was also a school boy, who had the whole world in his feet and was constantly angry when something he wanted didn't happen; while CY is a serious man, a fighter for freedom and justice, the future of an entire country depends on his skills, and these type of facial expressions seem too infantile to be a part of his character.

- if LMH is an excellent actor? - yes, he is insanely good looking, even though he's not really my type- I'm into blonde, or at least blue-eyed men. even though, I still got mesmorized by his pure, boyish charm, that is so mature at one moment and so childish at another. he can be cute and grown-up, goofy and silly, while serious and organized, all in the same time. I'm mostly drawn by his positivity that radiates from him. it's just like the female character from "The Master's Sun" - Tae Yang - he shines so bright that people (in this case living people) get drawn to him, consciously or subconsciously. then, you just watch his work and you really see he has a huge amount of charisma and talent, and he develops those with every project he does. he was way overdramatic in BOF, he was even overreacting in his 2 minutes in "PER", when he had to kill some random guy, but you can see him develop his skills and it comes all natural to him. sometimes I freak out when thinking to what extend he might use his skills in everyday life. if I had a friend like that in my circle, who would be a layered personality who I'd have to peel off everytime and there would be a new face showing under, where would it end? thank God I read bodylanguage or I would be a mess by the time I enter his true core. I don't think he realizes what power he has and therefore he doesn't always mask himself so we get a glimps of who he is inside. there's always a part of him that shows in his characters and I'm yet to discover which is that, since he does it in a very confusing manner. besides, I've been introduced to his majesty for about a year or a little while longer- it's not like I've known of him for a decade so I can say who, when, what and why. just the fact that you're asking yourself the question if "he is just easy on the eyes or can he really act that well" is a clue that you have registered his talent and it bugs you.

- What scenes from his dramas you find memorable/impressive? - kiss scenes- yes. he is good and they don't call him "the kissing beast" for no reason. his movements in action scenes- yes, absolutely. but I adore the goofy scenes and the ones he portrays a dual image- one that is serious and then playful and even childish. like in CH you can see him full of revenge, fighting people with whatever object - a bottle of water, a pipe, or a darn spoon - but then he shows this embeded sence of justice, while joking with KNN or some other character. mainly I observe the game of his eyes, which is as I said, where his true performance lays.

- Is LMH very strong? - yes, he is strong. but I cracked laughing at the BOF BTS footage where he had to carry GHS out of the pool and while they were saying their lines with the other two characters, they showed GHS had her foot on a step on the wall, cuz he couldn't stand the weight LOL I think he's way stronger now, since he's been training for years since. one more thing about his acting skills comes to mind- you can never detect that he has a problem with the weight of an actress and carries them as if they are light as a feather. well, minus in Faith, where you can see in one BTS footage that he really carries his partnerring actress as if she is a feather. another thing you simply can't detect, is the fact that he was in physical pain during BOF, cuz of the car accident he had- he said he felt pain while walking and you can see him even fighting there. he also said that he was black and blue from all the action scenes in CH which is why he doesn't feel ready to make another action series- you can't see any of that in the final cut. how good do you have to be in acting, so you can hide even the microexpressions of pain that should be showing when you can't step on your leg properly, or when you have crazy muscle ache and your entire body has went through a "gang rape" of stunts and falling?

- Among Korean actors and actresses, LMH seems to have the biggest international appeal. What in him that make him attractive to the non-Korean community, do you think? - to me he has always looked more of a mixed race and not so much asian. I don't mean that his international fan-base is partially racist or that I'm racist- it's just that physically, we're used to find people/certain image we're most used to, as being attractive to us. tbh, all asians seemed like twins to me, before Minho appeared and I started noticing the differences. it's just that they'd dress alike and have the same haircuts. when I used to go to the chinese market in my city, I used to get confused if that stand was the eaxct place I liked a certain merch, since they all seemed like a big family of twins. it was a question of training my eyes. I'm sure that if an asian comes to Bulgaria, we'll all look as the same cloned person to him/her, cuz he/she's not used to this image, and especially when most of us dress alike. other than that I think it's his charm. if it was just a picture of the model LMH, not many of us would have even heard of him, even if he's endorsed by Armani or CK and posted on a billboard in our major cities. what we get to see is the gestures beyond that picture. the thing that majorly drew me to him, after his visual properties of course, are his voice, his charities and the honest blushing during interviews. you don't get many celebs who blush on camera, especially when they know what they are going to be asked and what they'll answer prior to the interview- blushing is involuntary and you can't fake it, no matter how good of an actor you are. how many celebs do we know who would donate even a small part of their income for a cause? what we don't know to its true extend is that there are celebs who would beat their chests for being all pro-charity and then expect to be paid for their appearence anywhere. I have a friend who is a very well known performer in India, and he told me his charity events endorsers were amazed when he refused to take any cash for his performances. if that happens in India, imagine how often it happens in Hollywood...

his voice is the very thing that made me look twice at his pretty self. I get drawn to people with specific voices and a voice can make me turn in the street or look at the screen. when it vibrates in a specific way so my inner ear feels courted, I might swoon at the owner even if he's the furthest from being my type LOL I also memorise voices, better than I memorise faces- it's my "fingerprints database".

Guest shantipriya

@sia3 I think it says something like "you like me a lot, but can you quit following me? - if I do it will hurt", but I really don't know LOL that's an association I made with the few words I know in korean. let's wait for a better interpretation haha

Really want to read this interview for 10+Asia. 
I'm in love with these pictures. He looks so cheeky!!! 
tumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco1_250.pngtumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco2_250.png
tumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco3_250.pngtumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco4_r1_250.png
tumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco5_250.pngtumblr_mtqkpgDdIO1qc48jco6_250.png
(source: 9128line tumblr) @loolah901 is this your tumblr? :-/ 
It's weird but I'm a little sad that he's no longer in the States :( I had fun following fan-accounts that I could actually understand, even if I could not witness his hotness in the flesh :(( And reading these fan accounts in general made me very proud of him for behaving so nicely and calmly towards fans despite being bombarded so many times. It seemed like he had fun. I hope he realizes how eager we are waiting for Heirs!!! Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu...next time please have a fan-meeting in New York or something [-O< [-O< [-O<