Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Minoz 

Dispatch revealed the couple :loolz:I won’t name them cause it would be irrelevant to our thread 

we are good, don’t worry :relieved:

Chingu.... I saw that too and earlier I read an article that weibo peeps predicted that couple. Wow!!! 

• Like 5

Just now, scrawford said:

Chingu.... I saw that too and earlier I read an article that weibo peeps predicted that couple. Wow!!! 

omg china!! Weibo!! News coming from China is no joke :lol:

Can u predict LMH next project pls, we are waiting:please:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I mean they can give couple awards 2 couples too they did previously years, but I gave just one couple 

Agreed, I remember there was one show that three couples from the same drama were given the best couples award.  The neck kiss had one million views and they did not win?  TKEM won in so many other polls. 

I am so angry for Couple Awards, SBS is exactly idiot because Brahmans rating is lower really I can't understand 

Was the couple at Brahms really good?  I did not hear much talk about the drama, ratings were low and no one million views on the their kiss like TKEM's neck kiss.  This is weird. I am not familiar with the actors either.

SBS didn't give anything King until now .I hope will give Popularity/ Hallyu etc. or really I want to kill SBS 

Who got the popularity award  or the Baeksang award then? TKEM should have got couples or bromance, best actor and popularity award.   He is the most popular in the group.

11 hours ago, 1ouise said:

LMH is fine. 

He is my ultimate role model for remaining cool and unbothered in the face of life's garbage.

The thing to remember about Korean awards shows is that they are not truly objective and impartial. 

And LMH understands this.

He is steadfast and loyal and the perfect example of human relations.

In life, he always wins.

:heart:

The awards are just for dramas that have high ratings and popular in SK only.  Internationally, none of those dramas that won several awards can beat TKEM internationally.  Though Dr. Kim is good, no competition to TKEM in foreign markets. 

Maybe LMH should do a medical drama, they always seem to do well.  Most of them anyway, not all.

SBS should not have taken TKEM from TVN if they are going to insult it at the awards.  It is a huge success in Netflix.  Top in so many countries.  It wasn't a failure.  So their treatment of it is ridiculous just based on their own stupid rating system.

11 hours ago, scrawford said:

Honestly, I would surprised if they gave him Daesang. Although, I think LMH deserves it. From my understanding, daesang is more than just acting, but the actor dedication for his role and more. We know LMH changes his tone of voice, his pronounciation, and mastered very proper vocabulary, and the horse riding, and fighting while riding a horse. Those are extreme dedication that’s above and beyond a great acting, which he also delivered. 

would be nice if he get a daesang 

Yes, all the work he did to be a perfect king.  Fits the role to perfection.  All his own hard work. 

Damn SBS I Hate , I hope LMH won't select any SBS drama anymore 

Yes, SBS leave LMH alone if you are going to ignore him at awards e.g. TKEM and Faith.

9 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Lol any Popularity/Hallyu etc award really they send King with just one award shame 

Yes it is shameful, should be popularity award, LMH is most popular.

9 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am so angry I said so many times I don't trust SBS , but really ? Mega hit drama just one award? 

Yes, I am fuming, just like you.  It is a world megahit drama.  What about the Waave award?  TKEM was #1 on Waave!

8 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

So I’m just back reading and really no other win for The King? Really looked like they snubbed TKEM and but just couldn’t ignore LMH’s power and stature. I too hope LMH doesn’t take anymore SBS shows. 

and why wasn’t he nominated for the Daesang? What an ill treatment- LMH was Lee Gon - The King. I have watched a few seguks - but no actors have come even a bit closer to LMH in performance, visuals, tonality, swordsmanship, action scenes, horse riding or romance. He looked and performed majestically. That royal robe has never looked this good on any of the other king actors, seriously.

The protect the future queen scene itself should have won him the grand award. I’m so irritated - now I think LMH only went to the ceremony for his fans. So thank you LMH for that, but please do not even consider SBS in the future.

Agreed with you.  Protect the queen was an awesome scene. He looks and acts every part a king.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

I am excited to hear LMH's good news for 2021.  Looks like it is something apart from Pachinko.  Even better than Pachinko?  Hope so.  Love his opportunity in Pachinko but it is only 8 episodes and he won't be in all of them. Smaller role since it is female centric.

29 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I am lost, what are we talking about?  What couple?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

That BTS law was passed only on 1 December 2020, so post-military enlistment. Plus I don't think it applies on actors as the recent law merely included KPop entertainters to the existing exceptions so far. You have to be granted the postponement, it's not an automatic one.

Thanks for the info, I thought I saw something about that in the BTS fandom.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

There was no popularity award :tears:

they removed that category then  :///

36 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I am lost, what are we talking about?  What couple?

Spoiler

Dispatch revealed two stars have been dating, the leads in cloy 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am so angry for Couple Awards, SBS is exactly idiot because Brahmans rating is lower really I can't understand 

Sorry chingus I'm late to the party, was busy today and didn't  have access to the soompi forum. 

@leeminhosny if I'm correct only MBC give one award to one couple. I never saw SBS and KBS give one couple award? Really that's strange.

11 hours ago, SophieH said:

yayy! And That was a long speech... hope we get a translation soon 

Yes he really deserve it. He owned The king character in the drama. His hard work has paid off.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

giphy.gifHappy 2021 everyone!  

Thanks to all who posted and stayed up all night!  I did get up several times during the night and checked what was happening.  I'm happy that LMH won, but agree with some comments that found he seemed melancholy.  I wanted to give him a big hug.  But isn't he so classy praising KES, when most of us were :onfirex:?  

My personal thanks to all who posted during 2020 and kept this thread going during the year.:heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

In South Korea, all able-bodied men are required to serve in the mandatory military service for 18 months when they reach the age of 28. Before this, the law gave exemptions for top artists, athletes and musicians (such as those in classical music) but not K-pop stars. However the revised law allows exemptions for those who ‘excel in popular culture and art’. Jin turns 28 on Friday and had the bill not been passed, he would have to enlist by the end of the year.

The revision comes following the success of BTS’s single Dynamite which led the group to be the first South Korean pop act to debut at No.1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 as well as being nominated for a Grammy Award. Big Hit Entertainment, the group’s label had announced in the past that military service is a ‘duty’ that the group will fulfil.

I found this on one of the links posted by @willenette that  top artists, musicians, etc. are exempt from MS.  Isn't LMH a top artist too?  Why was he not exempted?  BTS is.

Where can I find a link to this movie?

Netflix did a documentary on a female Kpop group BlackPink. First time ever.  Why will Netflix not do a documentary of   King of Hallyu?  They should do one on Kdrama actor and should pick LMH who has been on top for many years. Retaining his popularity while others go up and go down.  Even on MS, he was still popular.  

@CallieP, actually, they're not exempted but, only deferment on their MS. Just last December, South Korea’s National Assembly has passed a law that gives accomplished artists a chance to defer their military enlistment. National Assembly allows artists to postpone their mandatory military service until they turn 30 years old. :blush:

6 minutes ago, iksunijini said:

@scrawford indeed.they are real love.no rumor.

@iksunijini, actually, it's

Spoiler

Hyunbin & Son Ye Jin . I really see this coming. I'm happy that this time it became true. I love the couple. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

He's sooooooo warm to support KES openly. He must know KES got lots of criticism but he gave her full supports.

@gtLmh0622 I'm really happy that LMH did that and showed his respect and love to her.  I know that a lot of people don't want him to work with KES again. But for one time, I want their collaboration for a 3rd time and meet the same or more success than the HEIRS. Just to prove to everyone their win-win relationship.

:fullofhearts:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@Nikaa94 we need Him in a new project (aside from pachinko) stat!!!! 

one where he is the dominant character :blush:

God, how many times do I ask for a project until I get it? :lol:  

I always leave a post about new project, it’s good to hear from another Minoz, :D  

yes, dominant character pls.

min Ho said during his speech that he will work harder as an actor in 2021 :approves: I’m pinning my hopes on his own words. Just drop the news article pls

Give me a new drama name, a new upcoming AsianWiki page, I wanna check casting news, and so on. It will be so fun!!! :please:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

30 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

God, how many times do I ask for a project until I get it? :lol:  

I always leave a post about new project, it’s good to hear from another Minoz, :D  

yes, dominant character pls.

min Ho said during his speech that he will work harder as an actor in 2021 :approves: I’m pinning my hopes on his own words. Just drop the news article pls

Give me a new drama name, a new upcoming AsianWiki page, I wanna check casting news, and so on. It will be so fun!!! :please:

@Nikaa94 continue asking for a new project everyday, and one day you will match LMH announcement:wow1:  Don't give up. 

I think also that he has well planned his next projects. He will reveal at the good moment. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2