Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 6/11/2024 at 8:16 PM, willenette said:

But, Lee Min Ho has already played the role of detective in "City Hunter", right?

No, he wasn't a detective in City Hunter.  He was more a criminal that was wanted by the cops.  He was seeking revenge.

• Where's My Oppa? 1

*** I hope we could get to hear/read MORE updates about "Pachinko 2" since the second season is slated for release on August 23. We all know that Lee Min Ho auditioned for the first time just to secure his role for this drama. Of course, he did in his early days as an actor. He might not have been used to the process now but, I'm sure he enjoyed it. In the show, Lee Min Ho takes on an entirely different character of Hansu, worlds away from the romantic characters that we used to seeing him in. Despite his credentials, Lee Min Ho was made to audition like everyone else. And I guess Hoo Sugh  wasn’t too aware of his credentials and fame. Good that he has not felt offended by needing to audition. It showcased he got the part due to his talent.   :Ohboy3:

UcGzF941O3kI3tOUlc7ECMf3ArwFUnZJl0vTsr3n

• Like 1

Yes you are right Willinette. I remember her saying that she didn’t have a lot of knowledge about him so he was definitely picked on merit in the audition. I remember Soo said that it came down to 3 actors and 3 actresses and she said that once she saw Minho with Minha that was it! I’d love to know who the others were but of course we will never know. Has any one ever seen any comments from the writer of the book about the tv adaptation? I think it must give more freedom to the tv scriptwriters if the book author isn’t involved.

I’m in hospital at the moment so I have cheered myself up by binging LOTBS.Those 2 are so wonderful 

Together. I’d love to see him act with her again. Those last scenes you would swear they were in love (which of course they weren’t ) - that’s great acting and chemistry isn’t it?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Yes you are right Willinette. I remember her saying that she didn’t have a lot of knowledge about him so he was definitely picked on merit in the audition. I remember Soo said that it came down to 3 actors and 3 actresses and she said that once she saw Minho with Minha that was it! I’d love to know who the others were but of course we will never know. Has any one ever seen any comments from the writer of the book about the tv adaptation? I think it must give more freedom to the tv scriptwriters if the book author isn’t involved.

I’m in hospital at the moment so I have cheered myself up by binging LOTBS.Those 2 are so wonderful 

Together. I’d love to see him act with her again. Those last scenes you would swear they were in love (which of course they weren’t ) - that’s great acting and chemistry isn’t it?

@Lindyloo421  An Author is good at writing a book and books and TV or film are quite different media - That's why, there are plenty of examples of books adapted into films which changed a lot, but it either streamlined the narrative, cutting out unnecessary fat, or made it more engaging and understandable. And to make a TV show or film, a producer has to buy the rights to it, which means they’ve paid the author for the right to turn it into a film. Unless the deal includes some level of buy off form the author, then they have sold their right to have a say in the production at that point. The only real way to keep full control over your work is not only to publish independently but also raise the money necessary to produce your own movie, from your book. You hold all the rights, including residuals such as merchandising.

Ohhh..... I hope all is well with you! I was engrossed watching "Legend of the Blue Sea," too I’m in love with this drama. The acting is just FABULOUS. The story is also addictive. Lee Min Ho is an awesome actor & I have always admired Jun Ji Hyun.  :kisslevel:

• Like 3

@Lindyloo421  Get well soon Minoz sister!  Surely LOTBS will give you strength!

LMH's B-day week--what gift would you give?  I would give him the gift of great ratings for his upcoming projects.  Rather than a gift, since we know he has enough money to buy whatever he wants, I'd pay for whatever streaming service carries his projects.  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3

Thank you CarolynH and Willinette. Still in hospital so have moved onto TKEM. This is going to sound horribly disloyal but to me there is no comparison between the warmth and delight I got from LOTBS and the feeling from TKEM. The whole cast are wonderful in it and  the bts show how well they got on but would I rewatch it if it wasn’t LMH- perhaps not.

re birthday presents doesn’t Minho get some amazing gifts- and the flower arrangements are beautiful. I love how he makes a point of wearing his clothing gifts so the sender can see them. I only ever send a card.

Willinette - any more thoughts on ATS airing? There was a piece on the Koala blog saying a medical drama has been held up due to Koreans current annoyance with the medical profession- hopefully this dislike doesn’t include a doctor in space!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you CarolynH and Willinette. Still in hospital so have moved onto TKEM. This is going to sound horribly disloyal but to me there is no comparison between the warmth and delight I got from LOTBS and the feeling from TKEM. The whole cast are wonderful in it and  the bts show how well they got on but would I rewatch it if it wasn’t LMH- perhaps not.

re birthday presents doesn’t Minho get some amazing gifts- and the flower arrangements are beautiful. I love how he makes a point of wearing his clothing gifts so the sender can see them. I only ever send a card.

Willinette - any more thoughts on ATS airing? There was a piece on the Koala blog saying a medical drama has been held up due to Koreans current annoyance with the medical profession- hopefully this dislike doesn’t include a doctor in space!!!

@Lindyloo421  I hope for your speedy recovery, dear! How I love this drama, too! The cinematography is also exceptional. So, I visited those places - Busan & Seoul. It's a good drama and I don't understand why Korean audience don't like it. Sigh............ no new updates yet about the drama.  :cutekitty:

• Like 3

On 6/18/2024 at 1:54 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Speedy recovery to you!  Take care, enjoy TKEM.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 1:54 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Feel better! :happydance:Enjoy TKEM. 

• Like 3

On 6/18/2024 at 4:54 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

I hope for your speedy recovery, feel better @Lindyloo421.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2024 at 8:09 PM, CarolynH said:

LMH's B-day week--what gift would you give?  I would give him the gift of great ratings for his upcoming projects.  Rather than a gift, since we know he has enough money to buy whatever he wants, I'd pay for whatever streaming service carries his projects.  

I would give him a contract to sign for a new Kdrama:joy::Pandabulous: 

jk :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes. I  enjoy being part of this LMH community. I really enjoyed TKEM this time round- still in hospital so have started on Personal Taste on Viki. It’s so witty I love it and think it is so underrated -  Son ye- Jin and Minho act so well together- and both such big stars now.

Have you seen the picture on Instagram of the balloons with the motorbike from his USA Minoz- it’s so clever. Is the florist who take the photos outside MYM? Seoul florist must love it when it’s his birthday or anniversary  He is so loved.

One thing that puzzles me is why he has never featured in the Forbes Korea Power tables - yet other lesser known celebrities are in the top ten.

Hope you all have a good weekend

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes. I  enjoy being part of this LMH community. I really enjoyed TKEM this time round- still in hospital so have started on Personal Taste on Viki. It’s so witty I love it and think it is so underrated -  Son ye- Jin and Minho act so well together- and both such big stars now.

Have you seen the picture on Instagram of the balloons with the motorbike from his USA Minoz- it’s so clever. Is the florist who take the photos outside MYM? Seoul florist must love it when it’s his birthday or anniversary  He is so loved.

One thing that puzzles me is why he has never featured in the Forbes Korea Power tables - yet other lesser known celebrities are in the top ten.

Hope you all have a good weekend

That is interesting that he is not in the top 10 Forbes Korea Power tables. wonder why.  I think LMH looked super handsome in TKEM.  Glad you enjoyed it this time around.  Have time to concentrated more. Personal Taste is a gem.

Did he get a motorbike (or not a real one?) from USA Minoz?  I looked at his Instagram but I didn't see it. 😍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CallieP said:

That is interesting that he is not in the top 10 Forbes Korea Power tables. wonder why.  I think LMH looked super handsome in TKEM.  Glad you enjoyed it this time around.  Have time to concentrated more. Personal Taste is a gem.

Did he get a motorbike (or not a real one?) from USA Minoz?  I looked at his Instagram but I didn't see it. 😍

@CallieP  Sigh..... not even on the Top 40. Forbes Korea is releasing regularly its annual top "Power Celebrity 40" list, which ranks the most popular and influential celebrities.The list is based on income, influence, reputation and expertise that include number of endorsements, most searched names on search engines in South Korea, magazine cover appearances, donations to charity and mentions in media. Nominees are selected from the fields of film, drama, variety, music, and sports. Then sales, frequency of media appearances, variety activities and professionalism are researched.  :kitty:   I very much agree with you that he looked super handsome in that drama. In fact, I've re-watched it for 2x. "Personal Taste" is a good drama. He's also handsome & gorgeous in this drama. it is enjoyable and fun! It's a drama to watch after a heavy melodrama when you want something lighter. This is one of his best roles, in my opinion. The thing I remember most about this show – was the traditional Korean architecture style.   :heart3:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa!   :heart:

03c80df033f9e3a6a2a5ce98028ac683.jpg

• Like 1