Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

ELEOS is the working title. When a film or commercial is being done, the team uses a working title to keep things confidential.  A lot of documents—permits, contracts, etc.—need a project name and thus a working title is used.  I wouldn’t be surprised though if the final Series title is not Pachinko since it’s been written that the Series is BASED on the novel and not exactly a film version of the book. 

@lupeace  No, I did not comment on the YT video but it’s an obvious remark :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

"Elios" means "mercy" in Greek. This is indeed a working title and has been reported in many articles. It is strange that in the USA in 2020 a film with the same name, but with a completely different plot, has already been released. Confusion can arise if a working title is left for the film.

MV5BYTdlY2Y3OGMtMDZkYS00MDVlLWFjOWEtYjk3

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8888462/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

MV5BNGVhMTE4OWMtZWE3ZS00MzZjLTkzYmYtMzQ3

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11985484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @syntyche 

LOL @Nikaa94  Did you text LMH personally or what ... he really released the MovieLog ... hahahhaha!   Can't help thinking about you. :heartxoxo:

no I didn’t text LMH, I don’t have his number :joy: :doggie:

we have got so many content and I’m so grateful but what about the rest of the week? :D we got magazine interview in advance too, I hope we get more surprises from LMH. Because I have become so spoiled and really want more and more content 

what’s next? He won’t release episode 4 for now and maybe next week.  What else is left ? Hopefully Airport pics 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lupeace said:

what? i thought that they said filming in canada will start 13 feb not juin?

but if it is really the release date then why would it take 4 months while being aired (from juin to sep) when its just 8 episodes. dont tell me we will only watch 2 episodes each month :criesariver:

aaaah im confused 

@Missprincesa im really stupid and very excited to notice that the title of the tweet is "pachinko filming update":dead:

i think the date are oganized in american order( month/day/year) not europian order (day/month/year) and thats what confused me :crazily:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, lupeace said:

@Missprincesa im really stupid and very excited to notice that the title of the tweet is "pachinko filming update":dead:

i think the date are oganized in american order( month/day/year) not europian order (day/month/year) and thats what confused me :crazily:

@lupeace, If I understood you correctly, is the filming scheduled for 6 February - 9 April 2021?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lupeace said:

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Western dramas are S1/2/3 etc. I think they write routinely, Netflix also says for every Kdrama S1 .I think Eleos English name of drama .

We read for Filming Schedule Feb 13-April 23 in a article previously but some Kminoz said Korean staff has gone middle in Jan. Probably they will start in beginning of Feb. Maybe this date is correct. 

Yes, western dramas are listed with season 1, 2, 3 and so on. But that is only the case when a drama has more than one season. Otherwise the dramas seasons are not numbered. Netflix is the only exception I know to that. 

Being sad that, I don't think the story permits several seasons... The message of the novel is seeing that, through the years and for several people, there are things that remain the same (I am trying to be cryptic for those who haven't read the book). And I don't think that message can be really respected in they split the novel in several seasons. 

1 hour ago, pixie0622 said:

ELEOS is the working title. When a film or commercial is being done, the team uses a working title to keep things confidential.  A lot of documents—permits, contracts, etc.—need a project name and thus a working title is used.  I wouldn’t be surprised though if the final Series title is not Pachinko since it’s been written that the Series is BASED on the novel and not exactly a film version of the book. 

@lupeace  No, I did not comment on the YT video but it’s an obvious remark :blush:

Thank you for the information! I didn't know about this working title thing. 

18 minutes ago, lupeace said:

You are not stupid at all. I am European and when reading dates in English I always have to think if they are American or other-part-of-the-world dates. 

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina thank you for the translation, but I don't find any relation between the novel and the word thank you. Maybe we are missing something else? 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@lupeace, If I understood you correctly, is the filming scheduled for 6 February - 9 April 2021?

:joy: i dont know anything anymore :sweat:. please stop confusing me :crazily: im just gonna wait untill official statement comes out 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

"Elios" means "mercy" in Greek. This is indeed a working title and has been reported in many articles. It is strange that in the USA in 2020 a film with the same name, but with a completely different plot, has already been released. Confusion can arise if a working title is left for the film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8888462/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11985484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I have reread your post because I got confused too (see @lupeace? Today is the small mistakes day). You said mercy and my mind automatically translated it from French merci (thank you). 

:Megalol:

Mercy makes more sense, clearly. 

:approves:

4 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@Missprincesa, The meaning of the translation is "mercy" i.e. "forgiveness of sins", not thanks.

I just saw our messages got crossed :tears:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

I have reread your post because I got confused too (see @lupeace? Today is the small mistakes day). You said mercy and my mind automatically translated it from French merci (thank you). 

:Megalol:

Mercy makes more sense, clearly. 

:approves:

I just saw our messages got crossed :tears:

@Missprincesa, darling, do not be discouraged by inaccuracies and mistakes. All the troubles of today come from translation difficulties. We have gathered at this forum from different countries and for many of us English is not a native language. Therefore, we did not immediately figure out the dates. I, too, did not immediately realize the difference between the European and American manner of writing dates. Cheer up, everything will become clear in time!

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

28 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@Missprincesa, darling, do not be discouraged by inaccuracies and mistakes. All the troubles of today come from translation difficulties. We have gathered at this forum from different countries and for many of us English is not a native language. Therefore, we did not immediately figure out the dates. I, too, did not immediately realize the difference between the European and American manner of writing dates. Cheer up, everything will become clear in time!

I made the mistake with the mercy-merci words :joy:. Globalisation problems indeed. Let's hope that those are our only problems. 

:7555_attack:

@Nikaa94 he has been showering us with new contents almost everyday since January started, so we shouldn't be greedy... But maybe a live video when in quarantine? We don't want LMH to get bored and with him having fans all around the globe (this forum is a good example) he won't be alone at any time he decides to go for it. :coolshades:

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2