Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hi, I came across a very detailed account from Weibo on Minho fanmeet on 18 Feb.  Although I attended the fanmeet on the same day, I found it extremely engaging to read it and recollect the event (I think I was too engrossed in watching him that I had missed alot of what the translator had said). Thanks to the encouragement from @gtLmh0622, I decided to translate the post in English and share it with everyone. Since is a very very very long account, I shall attempt to do it in parts over time so please bear with me. I hope it to keep it as close as possible to the post in Mandarin and forgive if I didn't manage to. 

Firstly and most importantly, credit to the Weibo owner 金聃龄。

Minho:

Greetings to everyone, I am Lee Min Ho. Thank you everyone for participating in "The Originality of Lee Minho". It has been almost a year? After a year, Emcee Lee Minho is back. It has been a long time since we saw one another, I hope to spend a wonderful time with you. Has everyone been living well lately? Did everyone miss me? (Fans shouted yes!) Why is the reply so soft? Louder, did you miss me? (A louder yes!) As everyone knows, I have debuted 10 years ago. Time flies and I have mixed feelings. Hence, I hope to interact with everyone today and leave you with good memories. Are you ready?

Actually, 10 years is not a short time. Many things can happen and change. I have also changed since we knew one another. It seems like I don't quite understand myself and so let's get to know Lee Minho ? We must all have written self introduction when we are young? Today I have written my self introduction. I have done it before when I was younger but haven't written one for a long time. Hence to commemorate my 10th year, I have written a self introduction. I have been an emcee twice and it isn't easy to represent Korea as an emcee. Alright, I shall start my introduction. Ta-da.

"He who wears the crown bears it weight"

The first introduction comes from the theme of The Heirs. I do like this theme. To excel at work, one often meets many difficulties. However, when one has goals, he will eventually achieve them. When I became an actor, I had met with many difficulties and I wish to share them with you. When I had the desire about acting, it also brought me many problems and I endured a difficult time. When I was a supporting cast, I got critiqued at the set, award ceremonies. Of cos it was also because I got nervous easily as I need to show my acting talent. However, because of the pressure, I was not able to perform. When filming <Sharp>, there is a scene where a friend was calling me. Let me re-enact it, please call out "Lee Minho"...wait (the mic dropped)... usually the emcee gets nervous when he makes a mistake, what should I do? (The Soundman came out to help him fixed the microphone and he laughed sheepishly).

Please call my name (he turned his back facing the crowd and the fans started calling Lee Minho-ssi) and he responded by turning back (with a very forlorn look). I needed to turn and look at him, it was supposed to be that easy. Let's try again (fans shouted again). This took 40NGs. I was very nervous the whole time and had phobia at the set. After the filming session, I cried on my way home in the car.

This is the first time I am sharing it. I was disappointed with myself as I couldn't even do a simple act. I felt sad and ill confident and cried the way home. I did another few supporting roles and from there I gained more experience and overcame it. Next, I got the casting chance for <FOB> and I was chosen because I showed confidence and courage. The producer said "Why weren't you shy but confident instead?". I was like the character Jun Pyo, full of confidence. I thought if I didn't have the prior experiences of failure, would I have been given th  character Jun Pyo? Because of courage, goals and desire, I could grow to be outstanding and strong.

• Like 19

@heartLMH Thank you so much for your translation.

Dear all chingus, I'm very happy that another C-Minoz came here and I'm sure heartLMH's English must be fluent and better than me. And she is very kind that she promised to do some translation works to share more information or interest things with you. Hope that we may bring more fun and joys here for you afterward.   
:tongue:

• Like 15

Annyeong chingudeul c0219.gif  It's been a while huh.  But though I'm not able to post as much, trust that I read y'all, and appreciate all your hard work smilie_y_004.gif

Just want to comment on the "Stay Strong" letters for LMH (before he enlists).  I believe it was @zinnia who translated LMH's acceptance speech (at the National Brand Awards) where he mentioned that he very much appreciate receiving letters/notes from foreigners that are written in Hangul...I guess it shows him how much efforts they put to communicate with him.  He also said that this gesture "warms his heart".  So.....I was thinking, why not send him letters that include our message in Hangul?  And to make it more meaningful, I thought that maybe we can write our messages in heart-shaped notes so he receives a ton of hearts! Maybe just like this:

732c87dbgy1fcyyfu111yj20qo0zkn54.jpg

It's an idea,  Although we would need to mail our notes to a common place....like maybe @zinnia's home smiley_emoticons_flucht-mrgreen.gif

What do you think, chingus @zinnia @CarolynH @LMHolic @adamfever

• Like 15

LMH never ceases to amaze......right after a bombastic, awesome, supernacular drama, he warms our hearts with two fab FMs, then boosts our spirits by being awarded the Grand Prize by the National Brand Awards, and then not satisfied with that, he feeds our souls with a generous donation to Good Neighbors.  All in a span of a month!  I'm a giddy, blest fan smilie_love_190.gif

@zinnia @heartLMH @Latifah_    Your personal accounts of his FMs are truly heartwarming.  Uri Minho speaks so well because his heart is always in the right place.  He hasn't changed much since his first FMs, but we can glean more maturity and spontaneity in him in his more recent talks.  I was hit hard when he said that he doesn't know whether he and his fans' past lives were intertwined, or what his and our lives would be in the future....but he wished that our lives together can make a significance for others and the world in the future. Unlike most of his contemporaries our Minho is not flashy, but  he shares his blessings with those in need and we know that his words are always accompanied by action which is why we are steadfast in our love and admiration for him.  

aed82facgy1fd3rx3pjc3j20rs15oqbp.jpg

Watching him in LOBS and afterwards, I see an aura in Minho that I didn't see before.  He looks much younger (although he played his age in LOBS) yet more mature and confident.  It's the air of someone who does not need to prove anything anymore, someone who is at peace and very satisfied with his place in the world.  There is no smugness, just a sense of being content with himself.  For someone still so young, I envy him.  

aed82facgy1fd788dyq8ij20rs0rs4qp.jpg

@adamfever @Moonrain Welcome back to the forum, chingus smiley-happy065.gif 

The thread has been a tad sterile since you guys were away....so I'm happy to have my co-pervy sistahs back aed35b35487373304bced892712bd72fada91da. 

I also love THAT shot and this may be even better since it shows his undulating six-pack (?) smiley-shocked003.gif

e3970d78gy1fd7ib3hs8hj20kt10z75c.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 16

March 2, 2017

Lee Min-ho, Song Hye-kyo, EXO, top hallyu stars of the year: survey

SEOUL, March 2 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Min-ho, actress Song Hye-kyo and boy band EXO have been chosen as the most popular "hallyu" stars of 2016, a survey showed Thursday.

Soompi, a U.S.-based online news provider specializing in Korean pop culture, announced the winners of the 12th annual Soompi Awards elected in a vote by hallyu fans from 139 countries around the world. Hallyu refers to the global boom of Korean pop music, TV dramas and films.

This image provided by Soompi shows actor Lee Min-ho. (Yonhap)

This image provided by Soompi shows actor Lee Min-ho. (Yonhap)

In the vote, Lee was named Actor of the Year, beating the "Descendants of the Sun" hero Song Joong-ki and Park Bo-gum of "Love in the Moonlight."

Song Hye-kyo won in the Actress of the Year category over singer-actress Yoona from Girls' Generation who starred in the tvN drama series "The K2."

The Artist of the Year and Best Male Group went to EXO, which made big hit on music charts with "Lotto," "Lucky One," "Monster" and "For Life." The runner-up in the Artist of the Year category was BTS (Bangtan Boys) who won Album of the Year for its second LP "Wings" and its lead track "Blood, Sweat & Tears."

TWICE, the girl group that gained huge popularity for "Cheer Up" and "TT," was named Best Female Group.

Best Male Solo and Best Female Solo went to Taemin of the boy group SHINee and Taeyeon of Girls' Generation.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Myhun said:

OPPO Thailand twitter updated

Hi Myhun, thanks for sharing this.  It's not surprising that this has taken over the ads in Thailand.  Oppo brought their advertising to a whole new level because of LMH. His ads in the subway stations everywhere is overwhelming. . The company took over entire subway stations with their Lee Min Ho R9 ads. They were placed side by side and appeared almost like an art exhibition. Hahaha - So NICE that LMH is the R9s new ambassador. And COOL CF at that, huh? :lol:

• Like 9

Guest Moonrain

Lee Min Ho and Lotte Duty Free honored by Korean Brand Awards

by Nancy Z on Wed, Mar 01, 2017 

c0ddbba2-cc83-426b-b8bf-e03b1bd891da.jpg

South Korea's 2017 National Brand Awards has honored top contributors for enhancing the nation's image. Among the winners this year include Hallyu star Lee Min Ho and famous conglomerate Lotte Duty Free. Why did they win? Who else won? Find out more here:

Lotte Duty Free, a famous retail and commercial brand from South Korea, is consisted of about 60 diverse business units. It is recognized for contribution to the Korean economy in promoting K-dramas and tourism. On February 22, the National Brand Award honored Lotte as "The company that contributed most to the improvement of national brand value."

A wildly successful marketing campaign from Lotte Duty Free, known as the "7 First Kisses" web drama, has already garnered more than 5 million views via social media platforms in China. The web drama cleverly weaves a romance-comedy story in a series of short episodes to showcase 7 handsome Korean leading men, among which is Lee Min Ho, another honoree at the 2017 National Brand Awards.

06376b69-074d-460a-a92c-f23e6d374f03.jpg

3c0338a6-69a8-49b8-956c-3d297e07b468.jpg

e8081b04-1892-4c88-a359-0ec6f7b3b6d0.jpg

Lee Min Ho is awarded the grand prize in the culture category because of his far-reaching appeal around the world in increasing awareness and interest for Korean dramas and culture. He rose to fame in the 2009 Boys Over Flowers and followed with other successful dramas and movies. Over the years, he has also become a strident benefactor for charity causes, such as starting the PROMIZ platform which recently contributed 50 million won (about USD$44,000) to victims of domestic abuse. The inspiring actor is also appointed as the goodwill ambassador for the “2016-18 Visit Korea Year” promotion, as well as the honorary ambassador for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

Other winners include Park In Bee, Rio Olympics gold medalist in women's golf, winning the grand prize in the sports category. Piano Paik Kun Woo won the prize in the arts category.

Congratulations to Lee Min Ho, Lotte Duty Free, and all the other winners!

~ Find me at NancyZdramaland for more updates!

Source via 123

(Photo credit as referenced or as tagged)

Cr: Dramafever http://dfvr.co/2magM22

170219 The Originality Of LeeMinho

'Dear Minho' section  Part 3.

Cr Chunyou0622

MC: I see this person's problem is quite big. "Dear Oppa, I have a problem. I sincerely want to be a cook, but my parents tell me to become a government employee. They're saying that I should find a secure job. Do I have to find a stable job in my life? I am the happiest when I'm cooking. I'm thinking it over so much. What would you do if you were me?" This is a serious problem.

MH: (0:25) First of all, I'd like to recommend that she should let her parents watch many TV programs like... 'Baek Jong-won's three kings', 'Gourmet meeting on Wednesday', 'Take care of my refrigerator', 'Delicious fellows' [All these are cooking variety programs where many cooks appear.] [Fans were wowed.]

MC: 'Korean food battles.'

MH: 'Korean food battles.' Nowadays cooks are very desirable jobs. In fact, it is natural that parents worry about their daughter. They worry over anything about their children. (0:59) Even my mother sees me... [Minho and the fans laughed.] Even now, whenever she sees me, she still worries about me.

MC: What does she worry about you?

MH: (1:06) Well, about this and that. For example, when I sleep late at night, she says, "What are you going to do? You should go to bed by now. You have works to do tomorrow." She starts with this. It's a parental instinct that she can't go without.

MC: It's a good thing that she doesn't go to bed before you, [Everybody laughed] her son.

MH: So it will be sensible that she should spend some time with her parents watching those programs together so that her parents will keep up with time's and then they can change their persistent preference for her becoming a civil servant in the meantime.

MC: Right. And nowadays a successful cook is much more stable than a public official.

MH: (1:46) And then, personally, I have a dream of marrying a woman who cooks well. [Everybody laughed.] My mother cooks really well. I wish I could eat delicious dishes together [with her(my wife)]...

MC: Especially Korean dishes? [Prior to this talk, Minho mentioned that he is like a so-called 'Korean food freak'(韓食蟲).]

MH: Especially Korean dishes, yes. I completely support you. I hope that you will become a star chef in the future.

MC: Wow. Another star chef is going to be made in this way.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, zinnia said:

170219 The Originality Of LeeMinho

'Dear Minho' section  Part 3.

Cr Chunyou0622

MC: I see this person's problem is quite big. "Dear Oppa, I have a problem. I sincerely want to be a cook, but my parents tell me to become a government employee. They're saying that I should find a secure job. Do I have to find a stable job in my life? I am the happiest when I'm cooking. I'm thinking it over so much. What would you do if you were me?" This is a serious problem.

MH: (0:25) First of all, I'd like to recommend that she should let her parents watch many TV programs like... 'Baek Jong-won's three kings', 'Gourmet meeting on Wednesday', 'Take care of my refrigerator', 'Delicious fellows' [All these are cooking variety programs where many cooks appear.] [Fans were wowed.]

MC: 'Korean food battles.'

MH: 'Korean food battles.' Nowadays cooks are very desirable jobs. In fact, it is natural that parents worry about their daughter. They worry over anything about their children. (0:59) Even my mother sees me... [Minho and the fans laughed.] Even now, whenever she sees me, she still worries about me.

MC: What does she worry about you?

MH: (1:06) Well, about this and that. For example, when I sleep late at night, she says, "What are you going to do? You should go to bed by now. You have works to do tomorrow." She starts with this. It's a parental instinct that she can't go without.

MC: It's a good thing that she doesn't go to bed before you, [Everybody laughed] her son.

MH: So it will be sensible that she should spend some time with her parents watching those programs together so that her parents will keep up with time's and then they can change their persistent preference for her becoming a civil servant in the meantime.

MC: Right. And nowadays a successful cook is much more stable than a public official.

MH: (1:46) And then, personally, I have a dream of marrying a woman who cooks well. [Everybody laughed.] My mother cooks really well. I wish I could eat delicious dishes together [with her(my wife)]...

MC: Especially Korean dishes? [Prior to this talk, Minho mentioned that he is like a so-called 'Korean food freak'(韓食蟲).]

MH: Especially Korean dishes, yes. I completely support you. I hope that you will become a star chef in the future.

MC: Wow. Another star chef is going to be made in this way.

Hi zinnia, thanks for sharing the clip + the translation of what was said in the video. It's just so good watching a video when you understand what they're talking about. Woman who knows how to cook is surely a wife material. Even young men are thrilled to find a woman who knows how to cook. :lol:

BTW, this March, "Faith"will be shown on One HD Malaysia ‘Crossroads’. It will premiere on 16th March, airs Monday – Friday at 5.40pm. :tongue:  .

• Like 10