Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

15 hours ago, adamfever said:

LMH: What does one think of when you mention about Lee Minho? (Fans were silent) .

(Me: drop dead gorgeous, hit maker.... (all sort of words/adjectives about HIM)

LMH: of course, Minoz!

(Me: what ???? He is mentioning US, not HIM ...do you see the difference ?... He might be right, but how many celebrities and even fans think that way. It's like he credited all his success to Minoz, none came from him )

Thank you @zinnia and @heartLMH for the translation of the fan meeting. This talk concert is actually deeper than I thought. It was not merely a fun time between him and Minoz. He wanted to meet Minoz as much as Minoz wanted to meet him, so he could express his sincere love to his fans and how much they meant to him. This is a true reciprocal love.I really hope that when he is back from MS, Minoz even grows larger and stronger. Is it too much to hope for?

You are right adamfever that he does not put himself first but his fans are given the spotlight. Sweet of him and humble.

15 hours ago, nika94 said:

I think "Song Hye Kyo" or "Ha Ji Won" could also be very good partners. It seems like Lee Min Ho Oppa really feels comfortable acting with Noona-Sonbaes like how he was comfortable with Kim Hee sun. :)) I also like Oppa to experience working with Sonbaes. :D  He can't get enough of working with Noonas. :)) But I think working with someone younger than him could also give pleasant vibes to viewers like "Park Bo Young". 

@zinnia PS  I am wondering why he mentioned name of Shim Eun ha, because she doesn't act anymore. I wish he had mentioned more familiar names. :D  I also like "Gong Hye Jin".  Gong Hye Jin once said in her interview that she likes to work with Lee Min Ho. She also said "Lee Min Ho is beautiful". :)) She was asked who she would choose among the 4 actors and she chose Lee Min Ho.

"Gong Hyo Jin said she wants to star with Lee Min Ho because he is so beautiful looking. However, she would want to star with him with both playing strong and tough characters."

credit:https://www.dramafever.com/news/which-of-the-four-new-kings-does-gong-hyo-jin-want-for-her-next-leading-man/

Gong Hyo Jin is a good actress and gets good ratings but I am not her fan. There are others that I prefer.  Ha Ji Won and Song Hye Kyo are sunbaes too but I guess he wants someone even older to do a drama like Tokyo Tower, young men interested in older women. There is this book, a classic called in praise of older women. Probably something in that style? I like the look of Shim Eu Ha though she is retired, she still looks young.

19 hours ago, zinnia said:

Oh Yeon-soo in Bad Guy

Reveal hidden contents

5_Ln_M4_Zu6fo_P.jpg

4j_QCRDRLHv1.jpg

Shim Eun-ha retired long ago, so she isn't active nowadays.

Reveal hidden contents

20130411_1365642455_93888100_1_59_201304

Hn8_Q4_T0o_JFJ.jpg

And yes, he said 'an utterly fatal melodrama'. 'Bad Guy' can be an example of a melodrama, I think. And another example I can think of is 'I'm sorry, I love you'. I didn't watch those dramas, though. ^^

Do you guys know that Minho was offered a leading role in Bad Guy after BOF?  

It was reported that Minho was in a considering stage at that time, but Starhaus declined it later after all.

I too am wondering like nika94 what "utterly fatal love story "means. Does that mean a melodrama? Is it supposed to be really sad and the lead dies in the end?

• Like 8

On 3/1/2017 at 8:34 AM, leeminhosny said:

where is best couple award? 

@leeminhosny  here you go, all the 3 more major awards

If I remember it correctly, as @mythicalove protested the bromance award, Soompy decided to give it to someone else, hehee... 

But seriously, I also think there is something fishy here. However, as he's got the more meaningful awards, I am still happy about that, and most importantly, I feel so proud of Minoz. There have been moments when I wondered if his fans were still sticking around or had left him or strayed. The poll result has assured me that things may change, people may come and go, but by now, Minoz is still very powerful. Let's try to stay that way.

• Like 14

On 3/1/2017 at 4:30 PM, pixie0622 said:

@adamfever @Moonrain Welcome back to the forum, chingus smiley-happy065.gif 

aawww, @pixie0622 you are also back, right? Big hug to you, too. I hope things are going on well with you. I didn't stay far away from this place either, I miss you all. But I had serious technical issues with Soompi for so long. I either couldn't view or log in or post until a day I decided to give up and not to try any more. So I kept lurking when possible. Because of that Soompi poll that I had to try logging in again, otherwise I still thought the issue wasn't fixable with my computer.

Regarding the "Stay Strong" letters, I would wait to see what all come up with and how I can join. Seriously, if I have a chance to write a letter to him that he will read, it would be more like a critique than a sweet letter , and it will be longer than a few sentences :wink: , it's just me.

@CarolynH you mentioned flash drive, do you mean the USB stick? Did you say there was an issue with it ? What is that?

• Like 11

On 2/28/2017 at 0:44 AM, zinnia said:

I made a new facebook account yesterday. I plan to write and accumulate things about Minho (mostly translations, I presume?) from time to time.

While Minho is away for the next two years (ㅠ.ㅠ), I'll make it my archive on him.

I wrote only five posts so far, but I hope that a lot of English speaking Minoz hungry for English posts or translations about him will visit there.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015465282535

Thanks, I finally managed to get in. Have to be signed in on FB to see your FB site.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, heartLMH said:

Credit to Weibo Owner: 金聃龄

Part 3 Translation: The Originality of Lee Min Ho

Minho:

In commemoration of my 10th year since debut, I prepared a secret box. Let's see what we have in here  (he picked up a soccer ball from within the treasure trove). Everyone should know the significance of a soccer ball to me. My childhood dream was to become a soccer player; I met with a traffic accident at the age of 20. Everyone should be able to remember <Run mackerel, run>. The theme surrounding this drama was about soccer. Actually, a soccer ball is very precious to me... this is not in my script (he laughed). I wish to give this soccer ball away as a gift but I can't do it now. I will kick it to the audience during my song performance later on. I will autograph on it before giving you. I wish to show you a lot of things from the treasure trove but because of limited time (I am unable to). Let's see what is next (he put the soccer ball back into the trove and searched for something else...He next picked a <City Hunter> comic book. This was after <FOB> and <Personal Taste>, I acted in  <City Hunter> after reading the comic book. I then became a more outstanding actor. Whilst I preparing for the drama, a sense of responsibility fell on me and I carried the weight of an actor through this piece of work. Hence, this (holding up the comic book) is to me the most precious thing in the past 10 years. There is still a small present, to me, the most important present is Minoz. I will now present to you the song in 2015 <Present>.

heartLMH: and of course many of you would have read that by now he had totally forgotten about giving away that soccer ball until the very next day?!! 

I personally was so mermerised by his mellow and melancholic voice in that surreal moment to even care about the soccer ball  *heart*

So does it mean he wanted to say that the 3 things that are most significant and dearest to him over the past 10 years are:

1- the soccer ball: he had to give it up and switched his career into a new direction: an actor

2- the City Hunter comic book which taught him that being an actor is not only about acting out but also about bearing responsibilities

3- Minoz: the most important present to him.

????

• Like 12

@adamfever how shall I receive my punishment? I admit, I outrightly protested the bromance award in the LOTBS thread because I was under the wrong impression that Nam Doo betrayed HJJ. I am here to receive my punishment :bawling:. Lol. 

@zinnia @heartLMH I greatly appreciate both of your translations. I always get excited to read them :D

• Like 6

170219 The Originality Of Leeminho

'Dear Minho' section  Part 4.

Cr to Chunyou0622

MC: So far Mr LMH gave clear solutions to all these problems. Ah, "Please give your blessing to the second floor, too." [Everybody laughed.] This is from Mina-nim in the second floor. She wants you to throw your heart to the second floor. [Fans screamed.]

MH: Heart? Where are you, Mina-nim?

MC: (0:17) Are all of you Mina-ssi?

MH: (0:22) If I kick the soccer ball, I can send it to the second floor. [Fans cheered.]

MC: How can you? I don't think so.

MH: I want to send the soccer ball I forgot yesterday to the second floor later, only if it is not dangerous.

MC: Everybody, on condition that you will not sue him even if you're hit by the ball. [Fans cheered.] The ball is coming here. Is this really possible?

MH: Please give me a pen.

MC: He will autograph it and send it to the second floor. Wow, this is ad-lib, but it is really daebak today. [Fans shouted 'Here!'] (0:59) Ronaldo-Minho is autographing it. It's really cool. [Minho asked of date.] It is 19th February today. Wow, it's good. Mina-ssi in the second floor, are you ready to catch it?

[Minho kicked the ball. And the ball went to a vacant seat in the front row, which was vacated for video camera shooting.]

AC_20170220_220903.gif

Cr to the original owner

MC: It went there! It went to the second floor. Daebak. It really went to the second floor. Wow. And Mr LMH is all the more wonderful because he kicked the ball to a vacant seat, so nobody hurt.

MH: Right, I didn't put much strength in fear of hurting somebody. [Fans clapped.]

MC: If you put more strength, it could have gone to the third floor. [Everybody laughed.] You're really daebak, Minho-ssi. I'm sending my congratulations to seven hundred Mina-ssi over there...

• Like 19

@adamfeverYes, we are planning to use a USB stick as the vehicle to send the letters to LMH.  We are testing google drive to see if that will work as the depository for the letters.  We are also testing pay pal as the way for those sending a letter to chip in for the cost of the flash drive and postage for the person who will be shipping the flash drive..  If enough people participate, it shouldn't be much.  I ran an estimate of shipping from southern california to SK and it came out to approx $67 via UPS.  

@zinnia:  Thanks for the translation of Dear Minho part 4.

• Like 8

@heartLMH thanks a bunch for your translations! ❤︎ 

with precious translations from zinnia, gtlmh, and the lovely posts of the rest of soompzies here including the ones who recently came back it feels that the thread is on fire and livelier than ever before .. thank you all *sniff* I seriously might become a soompi-holic

On 3/1/2017 at 11:21 PM, pixie0622 said:

Just want to comment on the "Stay Strong" letters for LMH (before he enlists).  I believe it was @zinnia who translated LMH's acceptance speech (at the National Brand Awards) where he mentioned that he very much appreciate receiving letters/notes from foreigners that are written in Hangul...I guess it shows him how much efforts they put to communicate with him.  He also said that this gesture "warms his heart".  So.....I was thinking, why not send him letters that include our message in Hangul?  And to make it more meaningful, I thought that maybe we can write our messages in heart-shaped notes so he receives a ton of hearts! Maybe just like this:

Reveal hidden contents

732c87dbgy1fcyyfu111yj20qo0zkn54.jpg

It's an idea,  Although we would need to mail our notes to a common place....like maybe @zinnia's home smiley_emoticons_flucht-mrgreen.gif

What do you think, chingus @zinnia @CarolynH @LMHolic @adamfever

loved the idea! heart-shaped notes and maybe some stickers to add cuteness to our letters? haha ^^ we could write in both english and insert some simple hangul to make it easier for us. Seeing our terrible korean handwriting I bet it'd warm his heart and put him in smiles lol xD but from what I understood from Carolyn is that our messages will be digital..  I mean "typed" and not hand-written. I've got zero IT background so idk how it'll be done but I'm all in for this project! as long as our words would reach him, the medium doesn't matter ^_^

On 3/3/2017 at 4:21 AM, zinnia said:

Do you guys know that Minho was offered a leading role in Bad Guy after BOF?  

It was reported that Minho was in a considering stage at that time, but Starhaus declined it later after all.

aw so he had the chance to work with Oh Yeon-soo back then! I'm sure he doesn't regret turning off that offer, he worked with son ye-jin(another pretty sunbae xD) after BOF and gave us an amazing drama and a new side from him as an actor so it was the right choice.

in my opinion the dirty love shown in Personal Taste was much better than LotBS *cough* the game over kiss and the mild bed scene.. I think his words "fatal" and "deep love story" will consist of scenes of that kind? I really hope so :tongue: 

• Like 12

@pixie0622 Hey Nice idea. Welcome back chingu *Hugs*

@Latifah_ Dont know why im unable to tag you. We did thought of hand written letter but in that case one need to write the letter 'i.e handwritten' and get it scanned (JPG format) and upload on google drive account (whoever is collecting,lets say some Y person) and then here come two cases

1. Y person had to take color prints of all those handwritten letters and assemble in some sort of scrapbook,this idea is better but main issue is it will increase the budget. (Printing cost+scrapbook assembling by single person will be little burdensome) If more number of people are ready to participitate and contribute then we can consider this. 

2.then Y person can put those letters (scanned ones) in flash drive. But here i feel it will be hard for MH to read,scanned copy will come in JPG format so he have to zoom zoom and read. 

3. Third way is the simplest. Like @CarolynH said typed letters on 'MS word document' and  upload on Y's google drive and then put it in flash drive and courier him. 

• Like 7

Guest Moonrain
1 hour ago, Latifah_ said:

@heartLMH thanks a bunch for your translations! ❤︎ 

with precious translations from zinnia, gtlmh, and the lovely posts of the rest of soompzies here including the ones who recently came back it feels that the thread is on fire and livelier than ever before .. thank you all *sniff* I seriously might become a soompi-holic

loved the idea! heart-shaped notes and maybe some stickers to add cuteness to our letters? haha ^^ we could write in both english and insert some simple hangul to make it easier for us. Seeing our terrible korean handwriting I bet it'd warm his heart and put him in smiles lol xD but from what I understood from Carolyn is that our messages will be digital..  I mean "typed" and not hand-written. I've got zero IT background so idk how it'll be done but I'm all in for this project! as long as our words would reach him, the medium doesn't matter ^_^

aw so he had the chance to work with Oh Yeon-soo back then! I'm sure he doesn't regret turning off that offer, he worked with son ye-jin(another pretty sunbae xD) after BOF and gave us an amazing drama and a new side from him as an actor so it was the right choice.

in my opinion the dirty love shown in Personal Taste was much better than LotBS *cough* the game over kiss and the mild bed scene.. I think his words "fatal" and "deep love story" will consist of scenes of that kind? I really hope so :tongue: 

OK. fatal, hotter love scenes and the like.... hhhhmmmm if that's the case I'm 110% on board if he chooses that kind of melodrama next :ph34r:

4 hours ago, LMHolic said:

@pixie0622 Hey Nice idea. Welcome back chingu *Hugs*

@Latifah_ Dont know why im unable to tag you. We did thought of hand written letter but in that case one need to write the letter 'i.e handwritten' and get it scanned (JPG format) and upload on google drive account (whoever is collecting,lets say some Y person) and then here come two cases

1. Y person had to take color prints of all those handwritten letters and assemble in some sort of scrapbook,this idea is better but main issue is it will increase the budget. (Printing cost+scrapbook assembling by single person will be little burdensome) If more number of people are ready to participitate and contribute then we can consider this. 

2.then Y person can put those letters (scanned ones) in flash drive. But here i feel it will be hard for MH to read,scanned copy will come in JPG format so he have to zoom zoom and read. 

3. Third way is the simplest. Like @CarolynH said typed letters on 'MS word document' and  upload on Y's google drive and then put it in flash drive and courier him. 

the scrapbook idea is great but as you said it'd be too much for a single person to assemble all by herself. I was thinking why don't we just post it to Y's address? I mean sending our mails through the post office .. doing it the classic way xD it barely costs anything, the only problem is that it's time-consuming(4 days at least for slow post offices), we just need to address the mail correctly to Y. the work Y has to do wouldn't be too much, receiving the letters from everyone and collecting them in 1 box(?) and courier him that box of letters.

• Like 5