Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

170218 The Originality of LeeMinho - Talks on kissing scenes

Cr to Arsis

MC: (What is the last episode? Show it.) Wow, it's a kissing scene. Ah, kissing scene. Really great. I think that many fans will agree that Minho-ssi has improved in kissing scenes greatly.

MH: (0:15) Ah? Kissing scene? I have always been good at kissing scenes ever since the first time. [Fans cheered]

MC: If your fans compared your current kissing scenes and the ones when you were a rookie actor,....

MH: Oh, really?

MC: They would say that you improved a lot... [Fans protested.] Of course, you must have been good too then. You have been shooting those kinds of scenes a lot since then. [Fans continued to protest.]

MC: [To the fans] He was originally good at it? [Fans shouted "Yes!"] Really? Are you about to riot now? Kiss Master Lee Minho. By the way, you must have studied a lot about it on your own, like about an angle. When I watched 'Heirs', I felt that my heart would stop at Kim Tan and Eun-sang's [She said 'Shin-hye ssi' instead] kissing scene.

MH: (0:55) I think that everybody has a little tendency of Peeping Tom. That pantry, a confined space, where two people were forced to be stuck in, [MC cut in "their breathing sounds"], their breathing sounds, the darkness, feeling everything of each other, [A fan screamed at his words and everybody laughed.] In a place like that, I think, whatever I did, it was expressed well.

MC: I don't know how many times I replayed that scene. [Everybody laughed.] I lost count. I guess that you must have thought over a lot how to act in kissing scenes, say an angle...

MH: (1:34) In the case of LOTBS, there was a definite order predetermined in advance. The last thing was 'dirty love'. [The MC said, "Like leads in any drama do."] So I considered the sequence. Therefore, I acted a mere lip-touching at first, just a pretty one, and I planned to act the 'dirty one' at the very last moment when all the feelings exploded, [Fans cheered.] but... the circumstances didn't allow me to show you that kissing scene (of 'dirty love') properly. Personally I'm feeling a bit that the (last) kissing scene fell short of my design. I couldn't show you 'dirty love' enough.

MC: Then can we see that 'dirty love' in your next project?

MH: (2:20) In my next project, I want to take a role in an utterly fatal love story [fans screamed at it.] that I have never acted in. I guess that my fans will expect something like a fatal love story from me too.

MC: [To the fans] Are you okay with a fatal love story? [Fans screamed "Yes!"]

MH: Now that I'm in my thirties, I think I should act in a deep love story someday, sometime.

MC: Your eyes are so deep, so I think a fatal love story suits you so well.

MH: (2:53) Personally, I want to act in a film like 'Tokyo Tower'[a Japanese movie] with an actress older than me. [The MC cut in, "I'm older than you."]

MC: Then as a fan, do you have any female sunbaenim in mind you want to act with? As couple of a younger man and an older woman? You worked with JJH-ssi this time, and is there any other female sunbaenim you want to act with in a love story?

MH: (3:27) Um... Oh Yeon-soo sunbaenim [The MC cut in, "She was very good in 'Bad Guy'] and Shim Eun-ha sunbaenim. In a love story that can touch your heart...

MC: Both are beautiful. [Everybody laughed.] Good. We were told about kissing scenes so far. Wow, Mr LMH frankly told us episodes about his kissing scenes. I say thanks to him...

• Like 20

Credit to Weibo Owner: 金聃龄

Translation Part 2 - The Originality of Lee Min Ho

Minho:

The second topic - Love that transcends time and making history.

This is the theme to <Faith>. Why does many like the drama? I will talk about the interesting incidents surrounding the show. The love between Lee Minho and Minoz can make history. We often say love is great. We can through the media easily feel and understand what love is. We can overcome difficulties through love. What does one think of when you mention about Lee Minho? (Fans were silent) Why are you all so apprehensive and ill confident? Louder....of course is Minoz! Minoz have always been with me since I became an actor. I have been receiving your support and love in the past 10 years. Because of your love, I became a better person. This is the power of love. You have always extended to me the power and strength of love. To repay your love and support, I will work towards becoming a more outstanding actor.

The third topic - Envoy of comfort. Do-do-do

This is the theme of <City Hunter>. 

In my life as an actor, I feel one of the most important task is to ask what kind of message my works is sending to the audience. In my 10 years of acting career, I feel the most blessed when through watching my production, one becomes a more outstanding person; when it brings hope and comfort. When I know of these things, how cool is that? It is so touching when I can bring people strength. When people are sad or happy, they think of me. For example during these moments "Mum, I passed my examination today!", "I broke up today" or "My friend neglected me today."

I begin to relearn about the impact I can make as an actor and became touched at how I exist in their lives. I have ever heard "a widow who was trying to end her life but after watching Minho's drama, she was healed and comforted and learnt how to love again, so thankful to you, Minho-ssi." 

Also, "after watching Minho-ssi's works, I had the ambition of becoming a writer. I will work hard towards being a writer and we must work together in the future!"

"Because of Lee Minho I came to Korea, learnt the Korean language. Through this, I want to be in diplomatic works between countries."

I brought special purpose and ambition to them. When I realise this, I re-think about life.

I will continue to be sincere in the future, I will be my real self and give my best. I want to be an actor who brings different and better messages through my works and the stories above (Claps for himself as an encouragement).

I have been actor for 10 years. For the next 10 years, I want to be more serious in carrying out the responsibility of an actor.

As I again reflect on the past 10 years, I always have thoughts. I am now ending my actor career in my 20s phase and starting the next 10 years in my 30s phase. My greatest thought is that I have nothing if I am all alone. If I do not have all of you in my acting career, I will be especially lonely, will I be able to get past these 10 years? Because of you all, I gained greater strength to finish these 10 years.

• Like 19

43 minutes ago, heartLMH said:

Translation Part 2 - The Originality of Lee Min Ho

Minho:

The second topic - Love that transcends time and making history.

This is the theme to <Faith>. Why does many like the drama? I will talk about the interesting incidents surrounding the show. The love between Lee Minho and Minoz can make history. We often say love is great. We can through the media easily feel and understand what love is. We can overcome difficulties through love. What does one think of when you mention about Lee Minho? (Fans were silent) Why are you all so apprehensive and ill confident? Louder....of course is Minoz! Minoz have always been with me since I became an actor. I have been receiving your support and love in the past 10 years. Because of your love, I became a better person. This is the power of love. You have always extended to me the power and strength of love. To repay your love and support, I will work towards becoming a more outstanding actor.

The third topic - Envoy of comfort. Do-do-do

This is the theme of <City Hunter>. 

In my life as an actor, I feel one of the most important task is to ask what kind of message my works is sending to the audience. In my 10 years of acting career, I feel the most blessed when through watching my production, one becomes a more outstanding person; when it brings hope and comfort. When I know of these things, how cool is that? It is so touching when I can bring people strength. When people are sad or happy, they think of me. For example during these moments "Mum, I passed my examination today!", "I broke up today" or "My friend neglected me today."

I begin to relearn about the impact I can make as an actor and became touched at how I exist in their lives. I have ever heard "a widow who was trying to end her life but after watching Minho's drama, she was healed and comforted and learnt how to love again, so thankful to you, Minho-ssi." 

Also, "after watching Minho-ssi's works, I had the ambition of becoming a writer. I will work hard towards being a writer and we must work together in the future!"

"Because of Lee Minho I came to Korea, learnt the Korean language. Through this, I want to be in diplomatic works between countries."

I brought special purpose and ambition to them. When I realise this, I re-think about life.

I will continue to be sincere in the future, I will be my real self and give my best. I want to be an actor who brings different and better messages through my works and the stories above (Claps for himself as an encouragement).

I have been actor for 10 years. For the next 10 years, I want to be more serious in carrying out the responsibility of an actor.

As I again reflect on the past 10 years, I always have thoughts. I am now ending my actor career in my 20s phase and starting the next 10 years in my 30s phase. My greatest thought is that I have nothing if I am all alone. If I do not have all of you in my acting career, I will be especially lonely, will I be able to get past these 10 years? Because of you all, I gained greater strength to finish these 10 years.

Wow! Thank you Chinggu! All I can say about LMH is that he is oved because he is so grounded and does not have any arrogance in him. I will surely miss him on small screen!

• Like 12

12 hours ago, zinnia said:

MH: (3:27) Um... Oh Yeon-soo sunbaenim [The MC cut in, "She was very good in 'Bad Guy'] and Shim Eun-ha sunbaenim. In a love story that can touch your heart...

Do you know who these actresses are? I couldn't find "Shim Eun Ha" and "Yeon  soo".  I am curious :D only because Lee Min Ho oppa mentioned their names. I have never heard of them. :D  

• Like 1

Personally I'm feeling a bit that the (last) kissing scene fell short of my design. I couldn't show you 'dirty love' enough.

LOL :D   Love this sentence!! :)) 

We hope you can show dirty love next time the way you want. Longer maybe! :D

In my next project, I want to take a role in an utterly fatal love story [fans screamed at it.] that I have never acted in. I guess that my fans will expect something like a fatal love story from me too

Fatal Love story? :)) I am looking forward to that. But what does it mean? Does he mean a melodrama? Can someone give an example? :))

Ohhh! Lee Min Ho talking about next project makes me even more sad... We are gonna miss you so bad. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nika94 said:

Do you know who these actresses are? I couldn't find "Shim Eun Ha" and "Yeon  soo".  I am curious :D only because Lee Min Ho oppa mentioned their names. I have never heard of them. :D  

Oh Yeon-soo in Bad Guy

Spoiler

5_Ln_M4_Zu6fo_P.jpg

4j_QCRDRLHv1.jpg

Shim Eun-ha retired long ago, so she isn't active nowadays.

Spoiler

20130411_1365642455_93888100_1_59_201304

Hn8_Q4_T0o_JFJ.jpg

And yes, he said 'an utterly fatal melodrama'. 'Bad Guy' can be an example of a melodrama, I think. And another example I can think of is 'I'm sorry, I love you'. I didn't watch those dramas, though. ^^

Do you guys know that Minho was offered a leading role in Bad Guy after BOF?  

It was reported that Minho was in a considering stage at that time, but Starhaus declined it later after all.

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, nika94 said:

LOL :D   Love this sentence!! :)) 

We hope you can show dirty love next time the way you want. Longer maybe! :D

Fatal Love story? :)) I am looking forward to that. But what does it mean? Does he mean a melodrama? Can someone give an example? :))

Ohhh! Lee Min Ho talking about next project makes me even more sad... We are gonna miss you so bad. 

Hi nika, LMH must have liked & dreamed of doing a melodrama genre, which as far as I know he still haven't done yet. :lol: I would want him to do that kind of drama, too for him to be a versatile actor. :tongue:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi nika, LMH must have liked & dreamed of doing a melodrama genre, which as far as I know he still haven't done yet. :lol: I would want him to do that kind of drama, too for him to be a versatile actor. :tongue:

I think "Song Hye Kyo" or "Ha Ji Won" could also be very good partners. It seems like Lee Min Ho Oppa really feels comfortable acting with Noona-Sonbaes like how he was comfortable with Kim Hee sun. :)) I also like Oppa to experience working with Sonbaes. :D  He can't get enough of working with Noonas. :)) But I think working with someone younger than him could also give pleasant vibes to viewers like "Park Bo Young". 

@zinnia PS  I am wondering why he mentioned name of Shim Eun ha, because she doesn't act anymore. I wish he had mentioned more familiar names. :D  I also like "Gong Hye Jin".  Gong Hye Jin once said in her interview that she likes to work with Lee Min Ho. She also said "Lee Min Ho is beautiful". :)) She was asked who she would choose among the 4 actors and she chose Lee Min Ho.

"Gong Hyo Jin said she wants to star with Lee Min Ho because he is so beautiful looking. However, she would want to star with him with both playing strong and tough characters."

credit:https://www.dramafever.com/news/which-of-the-four-new-kings-does-gong-hyo-jin-want-for-her-next-leading-man/

• Like 6

LMH: What does one think of when you mention about Lee Minho? (Fans were silent) .

(Me: drop dead gorgeous, hit maker.... (all sort of words/adjectives about HIM)

LMH: of course, Minoz!

(Me: what ???? He is mentioning US, not HIM ...do you see the difference ?... He might be right, but how many celebrities and even fans think that way. It's like he credited all his success to Minoz, none came from him )

Thank you @zinnia and @heartLMH for the translation of the fan meeting. This talk concert is actually deeper than I thought. It was not merely a fun time between him and Minoz. He wanted to meet Minoz as much as Minoz wanted to meet him, so he could express his sincere love to his fans and how much they meant to him. This is a true reciprocal love.I really hope that when he is back from MS, Minoz even grows larger and stronger. Is it too much to hope for?

• Like 12

Everywhere You Look In These Subway Stations, Lee Min Ho Is Staring At You

Published: March 1st, 2017

Lee-Minho-Oppo-R9-1600x900.jpg

Lee Min Ho‘s popularity is news to no one but the extent to which he has taken over the ads in Thailand is shocking, even by his standards.

In line with his duties as the new Oppo R9 and Innisfree ambassador to Thailand, Lee Min Ho was in Thailand in early February shooting commercials for Oppo and working with Innisfree.

In honor of the collaboration, Innisfree put up a post announcing Lee Min Ho as a part of their campaign in Thailand.

Spoiler

Since then, he has been in their Valentines day posts as well as many other promotional advertisements.

Oppo on the other hand, brought their advertising to a whole new level. Even though the R9s have already been launched, they are having another go at promotions with Lee Min Ho and things have gotten to be a bit overwhelming.

The company took over entire subway stations with their Lee Min Ho R9 ads. Many of which were side by side and appeared in long expanses — almost like an art exhibition.

Spoiler

C5UxsCIUoAE8aO1.jpg

C5Uxt9FUkAAAehC.jpg

C5UxwsZUcAQ0Waz.jpg

C5UxyjxUkAA3iZW.jpg

C5n1ED5VAAAUV5X.jpg

C5n0ArUUYAAJUxj.jpg

C5n1FDMU8AAy3IG.jpg

C5n1Fr4VUAAngKU.jpg

Read more @ http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/lee-min-hos-oppo-r9-ads-take-subway-stations-thailand/

cr:Lee Min Ho Always 

similar article (I guess) in Japanese http://kt.wowkorea.jp/news-read/12398.html

• Like 10

MH: (1:34) In the case of LOTBS, there was a definite order predetermined in advance. The last thing was 'dirty love'. [The MC said, "Like leads in any drama do."] So I considered the sequence. Therefore, I acted a mere lip-touching at first, just a pretty one, and I planned to act the 'dirty one' at the very last moment when all the feelings exploded, [Fans cheered.] but... the circumstances didn't allow me to show you that kissing scene (of 'dirty love') properly. Personally I'm feeling a bit that the (last) kissing scene fell short of my design. I couldn't show you 'dirty love' enough.

OMG, I want to kidnap the editor and/or the director, I want to see the 'dirty love' in "Lee Min Ho design"... But I might be totally death if I could see that.

Why does he want to act in a fatal love story ? It sounds dark and tragic to me.hmm...

• Like 11

Part 3 Translation: The Originality of Lee Min Ho

Minho:

In commemoration of my 10th year since debut, I prepared a secret box. Let's see what we have in here  (he picked up a soccer ball from within the treasure trove). Everyone should know the significance of a soccer ball to me. My childhood dream was to become a soccer player; I met with a traffic accident at the age of 20. Everyone should be able to remember <Run mackerel, run>. The theme surrounding this drama was about soccer. Actually, a soccer ball is very precious to me... this is not in my script (he laughed). I wish to give this soccer ball away as a gift but I can't do it now. I will kick it to the audience during my song performance later on. I will autograph on it before giving you. I wish to show you a lot of things from the treasure trove but because of limited time (I am unable to). Let's see what is next (he put the soccer ball back into the trove and searched for something else...He next picked a <City Hunter> comic book. This was after <FOB> and <Personal Taste>, I acted in  <City Hunter> after reading the comic book. I then became a more outstanding actor. Whilst I preparing for the drama, a sense of responsibility fell on me and I carried the weight of an actor through this piece of work. Hence, this (holding up the comic book) is to me the most precious thing in the past 10 years. There is still a small present, to me, the most important present is Minoz. I will now present to you the song in 2015 <Present>.

heartLMH: and of course many of you would have read that by now he had totally forgotten about giving away that soccer ball until the very next day?!! 

I personally was so mermerised by his mellow and melancholic voice in that surreal moment to even care about the soccer ball  *heart*

• Like 13

On 2/25/2017 at 4:05 AM, 1ouise said:

Regarding FAITH-- there were some issues, but maybe time has healed some of the pain.  It seems like we all will have a lot to talk about with the re-watch!

In the Talk Concert from last year (Jan 2016),

He confirmed that his favorite drama is Faith, and Kim Hee Sun is his favorite co-star. His favorite romantic line was also from Faith when Choi Young said, "When I walk toward you, it'll be for eternity." *   (me--Love this line!  This is like HJJ.)

*Approximate from Soompi. (Special thanks to pixie022.)

source:  https://www.dramafever.com/news/10-highlights-from-lee-min-hos-minoz-world-talk-concert/{[{notification.object.url}]}

I think the writer, Nancy Z, got some of her information from this thread.  Does she mean @pixie0622?

Also, I thought this was a re-enactment from FAITH (in Yokohama, Jan 2016):

credit: Beyond MinozBoiz ICE

I just remember some good things being said about FAITH last year.  I think Choi Young is his most likeable/admirable character.  :)

----------

When I watched the National Brand Awards presentation, I noticed that at the end all the men wanted to have selfies taken with LMH.  He's not just for fan-girls!  LOL

1louise. Thank you for all the information. Sorry I did not have time to respond earlier. I loved the clip from Japan concert where he carried the fan. So cute. So that was about CY going after Imja and carrying her in Faith. Enjoyed watching it and the information from Nancy Z (DF)  Faith was well liked in Japan I think.

LOL, I had already thanked you earlier but forgot. Anyway thanks again. At that time I had not yet watched the video so now I have and loved the video clip. So Cute.

@zinnia

@heartLMH and @Latifah Thanks for sharing your experience at his FM. It was fun to hear your stories and to have you translate what he said. That is very helpful and help us enjoy the FM more when we watch the videos. And Zinnia, thanks for the pictures of LMH in Sharp. He looked cute even then.

• Like 8

On 2/25/2017 at 8:01 PM, adamfever said:

Talking about Faith, check this out:

https://www.viki.com/explore?sort=all_time

It is the list of dramas/movies on Viki sorted by All time Popularity. Are you surprised at where Faith stands? 

@adamfever Thanks for this information. I did not know that. Very surprised and glad that Faith is finally being appreciated by more viewers. I have a question. Are they just random or ranked in order so Faith would be third most popular in VIKI? If so, it even beat City Hunter.  Heirs is not available in VIKI.

@Kris Silva Thanks for the links to the longer videos of the FM. Still trying to watch them. Saw part of it, will try to finish it today. Appreciate it.

Our plan to watch all LMH's dramas together starting from BOF, I suggest that we also include Gangnam Blues. His first lead movie and to me he is awesome in it.,

• Like 7

Guest Moonrain
18 hours ago, adamfever said:

OMG, I want to kidnap the editor and/or the director, I want to see the 'dirty love' in "Lee Min Ho design"... But I might be totally death if I could see that.

Why does he want to act in a fatal love story ? It sounds dark and tragic to me.hmm...

Thank you @zinniafor the translations :)

His loves scenes are never enough for us pervy ahjummas but i wonder what could he have done more when the mere tongue action had us replaying it nonstop! Oooohhh the agony of just thinking about it...

So he wants to do a melo next...i am not a fan of exaggerated, sensational and over the top status of events. The first melo I watched was 'What Happened in Bali' and that was the last. I never looked back since. But i do feel doing a melo will add to the depth of his emotional acting, so bring on all the sweet potatoes that we have to eat  :crazy: