My hope went down on that IG account. Tho really thankful she keeps updating her Twitter account.. on occasional basis i mean HAHA.. i’ll just depend on whoever “friends of her” post any crumbs with her haha (sad but I respect her privacy and choice) :D

@SweetLullaby

*yes i agree. She got slimmer.. far different when she had her cameo on ROY.. she definitely deserves a loooong rest/break! 

———————-
(btw, i have read a tweet about her, resigning after this drama Why Her? How true is this guys??)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

(btw, i have read a tweet about her, resigning after this drama Why Her? How true is this guys??)

Hyun Jin mentioned in the interview she wants to take half year break, don't know when it will start.

[Furthermore, Seo Hyun-jin said of her driving force, "If you don't act, you're too bored and unfunny. When I'm acting, I meet the most and go out a lot and I'm much healthier. I have to shoot drama, so I try to eat good food and stay in shape. At one point I thought that I should do one piece a year, but I think the smoke will give me. If you take a long break. This is also a job after all, and I think if I get too far down in terms of technique, and a sense of presence, I'm not going to be able to act. I want to do better than I am now. So I think that's the driving force behind doing it non-stop." Still, she said, "I haven't had much rest lately. I want to rest for half a year," she shook her head.] I've posted the article link previous page.

Oh...still filming...

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

btw, i have read a tweet about her, resigning after this drama Why Her? How true is this guys??)

She’s gonna take a half year break for sure this might mean that she won’t even accept scripts so seeing another drama movie might take like 2 years hope she still accepts scripts :crazy: but I haven’t seen anything about resigning or anything like that 

the radio tomorrow is pre recorded I guess 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@hola2jin  @SweetLullaby   Thank you guys for clarifying cos i’m already in the brink of sadness about it hahaha 

but yeah she desreves that long break! We can wait even after 2 yrs or a script/drama once a year would suffice our longing hahaha 

@hola2jin about the above tweet… just curious cos it was taken from the Manager’s ig (per random Twitter post caption I saw today)… does any of you knows the manager’s ig acct? Please DM me! 

@SweetLullaby  i guess so too! But waiting for the full interview. Seems a fun one! HJ never fails the viewers on her interviews. 

lastly, thank you guys for the updates from time to time! We still manage to visit this thread! Yay! 

• Like 2

Finally it’s out 

1 hour ago, inspiredbyshj said:

Thank you guys for clarifying cos i’m already in the brink of sadness about it hahaha 

but yeah she desreves that long break! We can wait even after 2 yrs or a script/drama once a year would suffice our longing hahaha 

Aww don’t be sad she probably won’t even take that long she’d get bored :lol:

• Love 2

[Herald Interview] K-drama star Seo Hyun-jin nervous to present movie ’Cassiopeia‘

By Song Seung Hyun

Published: May 27, 2022

Even though K-drama star Seo Hyun-jin has appeared in numerous hit soap operas including “The Beauty Inside,” “Another Miss Oh,” and “Temperature of Love,” she found working on the upcoming feature film “Cassiopeia” nerve-racking.

“This is my first proper leading role in a movie, so I am nervous and am very curious about the audience’s reaction,” Seo said during an interview with local reporters via videoconference on Thursday.

In particular, Seo said that she is afraid that audiences might see her as an actor who is inadequate on the big screen.

“When the staff was doing a pre-screening, I asked my manager to attend for me because I was too afraid to watch it myself. But I was forced to go and watch because we had a press conference coming up,” she said.

In the film, Seo plays Soo-jin, a successful lawyer. Soo-jin is also a divorcee raising her daughter (Joo Ye-rim) on her own. When she is busy, her father, In-woo (Ahn Sung-ki), helps out. Soo-jin tries to lead the perfect life at home and work. After sending her daughter to the US, where her ex-husband lives, she finds out that she has Alzheimer’s.

The 37-year-old actress received the “Cassiopeia” script around two years ago and saw an opportunity - a chance to break out of her comfort zone of television dramas. 

Unlike the many drama projects that she has worked on, director Shin Youn-shick would ask Seo how she wanted to move around in her scenes and set up the camera accordingly.

“Everything was new to me. For dramas, I usually have to work within a limited angle,“ Seo said.

“Also if it was drama, we would not be able to include scenes like my character’s unintentional urination or suicide attempt. I think certain scenes can only be featured in films,” Seo noted.

She was also concerned about the movie’s emotional scenes, in which she ended up crying many times despite her efforts not to do so.

“I did not want the film to be a tearjerker. So before shooting the film I did not want to cry, but I cried so many times during filming,” she said.

Seo explained that the director’s deep trust in the actors was the solution to the doubts that she had about those scenes.

“The director encouraged me and told me that if I genuinely felt like crying at the moment then it is the right thing to do,” she added.

Along with videos of Alzheimer’s patients, she said her first-hand experience of watching her grandmother suffering from the disease helped her a lot in creating a realistic character.

“My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer’s. When performing, I had her gesture and posture in mind,” she said. “Also, when we were filming the scene of my character taking a bath, I wondered what my grandmother did while taking a bath, so I asked my mother. She said my grandmother thought that she was in a swimming pool. So in the movie, I tried playing with water.”

When asked who she wants to watch the film with, Seo said her dad, who she described as extremely talkative. 

“One day my brother told me this story that made me cried a lot - my brother hugged our dad from behind when my dad was talking a lot as usual. This made my dad speechless for a long time. I cried a lot after hearing this story because I realized that he talked a lot because he is lonely,” Seo started tearing up while sharing this anecdote about his dad. “Anyways so I want to watch it with my dad.”

“Cassiopeia” will hit local theaters on Wednesday.

http://news.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220527000536

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yay! :heart4:

Omo..I'm late for 'Why Her' press-con live stream, hehe..manage to watch the last 3 mins live! :joy:

0004971600_001_20220531151101041.jpeg?type=w430

---Seo Hyun Jin's cut---

As much as the character is a character, she also paid attention to the external parts. Seo Hyun-jin said, "The director preferred a very fitting costume. It is a feeling that the tension in the body does not slow down. She locked herself up in her clothes and acted as if she was going to the battlefield. I also drew lip color and eyeline highly." 

Seo Hyun-jin said, "It takes 15 or 20 minutes to change the camera angle, but I was standing still even if the shot didn't go in. Senior Heo Jun-ho said, "You can't keep standing stiff." I think I did it without knowing," she said, showing how she was immersed in the role. -[google trans]

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/009/0004971600

• Like 1

And our dear eonnie tweeted again! 

it’s very nice to see her Twitter be updated again! Heheh

btw, not that slim as I thought! Black really suits her well

sharing this fr HyunJinLight_TW

thank you!

@hola2jin wasnt able to see you posted this already haha how to delete this? Permission to post it twice haha peace! 

last to short clips: 

How sweet and thoughtful of her!

she really care for her fans! So envy to those who are there! Hoping to meet her one day! 

• Like 2

I sadly can’t watch the premier thingy until Friday but the cuts I saw were seo funny

I am SBS and SBS is me really made me laugh lol and she kept talking to the viewers ajdjsnbss

The ost lineup is out as well 

I could only make out sohyang’s voice I didn’t know she sang osts omg:ilike:she is a legend. Couldn’t recognize anyone else though some sound familiar but idk their name 

@hola2jin hmm she said movies specifically.. no matter if they’re big or small but just movies..suspicious.. does our queen want to focus on movies for a while? :ph34r: I’m all for that but movies take forever to come out I don’t think we could handle the wait lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hoping to find a full vid with eng subs… 

i have watched the interviews but felt like i’m hanging cos i barely understand the interview haha. 

Here waiting for links with eng subs.. guys, please post here once you have it. Pretty please… :cries: thank you in advance! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

I could only make out sohyang’s voice I didn’t know she sang osts omg she is a legend. Couldn’t recognize anyone else though some sound familiar but idk their name 

I think there is K Will's voice?

18 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

hmm she said movies specifically.. no matter if they’re big or small but just movies..suspicious.. does our queen want to focus on movies for a while? :ph34r: I’m all for that but movies take forever to come out I don’t think we could handle the wait lol

She's in a lead position now, I hope she won't take up small role, wonder which director or pdnim will offer a small role to her in future?? Cameo..still fine!

The ad looks seo grand!

Hee Von supported her movie..this should be at the movie GV day...weeks ago...

Someone mentioned the lady in the middle is Hyun Jin's mother.

• Like 2

Hi! If it happens you guys have a link for this interview (full video with eng subs) please share it here…

Thank you so so so much! 

Many thanks to shjcafes for these posts on tw

*i like how she value the family esp Shideo and how our queen acknowledged other queens.. indeed a veteran actress! Seo professional in everything she does!

aaaaaand 

who’s excited for tonight?! Let’s all cheer for Why Her! Ep1 here we coooome! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)::getmygrooveon:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, inspiredbyshj said:

who’s excited for tonight?! Let’s all cheer for Why Her! Ep1 here we coooome! 

Yes am excited!! Hope the rating will be good too, a little bit worried. There's another drama aired same time with great cast if I remember correctly also about lawyer drama(?). 

Soop's Ig update. 

Hehe...She knows about youtuber?? :D

cr tw user shjcafes for Eng Sub.

Ah..she has done quite a lot of interviews..I haven't really read through most of them. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The first episode was seo good but OSJ is soooo mean for no reason.I guess life made her like that she was seo nice before :ph34r: Park Soyoungs death was kinda her fault as well. Never thought I could hate her but SHJ is way too good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

The first episode was seo good but OSJ is soooo mean for no reason.I guess life made her like that she was seo nice before Park Soyoungs death was kinda her fault as well. Never thought I could hate her but SHJ is way too good. 

I think this will be one of a mystery case OSJ will resolve once she gets back being a lawyer. It may looked like her fault(as obvious on the scene)but I think there’ll be a twist here. (This is just one of the exciting part) i’m excited for the rating. Tbh, pilot ep for me is beyond expectation! I hope they’ll maintain it all throughout! All casts are really on character! SHJ is really a great actress! No doubt on her skills.. Slow big clapssssss for tonight! 

and haha

i felt a spark on their (OSJ and GC) short scenes in this ep. 

lastly., kinda curious about the guy in prison. Was it Gong Chan? He did change his name to Gong Chan?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SweetLullaby said:

The first episode was seo good but OSJ is soooo mean for no reason.I guess life made her like that she was seo nice before :ph34r: Park Soyoungs death was kinda her fault as well. Never thought I could hate her but SHJ is way too good.

@SweetLullabyI've not watch episode 1 yet, but I believe you that it must be seo good! :D

Wow her scream scared me! Best actress! :wut:

Ah..this is the nice Soo Jae before she turned into badass. Why.. :worried:

Thanks tw users for sharing the clips.

• Like 1