On 7/10/2016 at 1:57 PM, khatelaloves said:

Seo Hyun Jin was a jack of all trades during her 7 year hiatus

seo-hyun-jin_1433875781_af_org.jpg

Girl group member-turned-actress Seo Hyun Jin discussed how she kept busy during her seven year hiatus after her debut as a singer in M.I.L.K on a recent airing of 'Taxi'. 

Seo Hyun Jin revealed that she was scouted during a period when street casting was still used as a method to discover talent. She spent some years as a trainee and debuted as the lead vocalist in M.I.L.K. Unfortunately, Seo Hyun Jin's singing career was cut short as the group disbanded a year and one album later.

Subsequent the disbandment, it took the Seo Hyun Jin seven years to progress her career as an actress. She mentioned that because her parents were so concerned at the time, they even recommended that she switch careers and apply to work for a foreign airline. However, they are currently very happy that she is active as an actress. 

At MC Lee Young Ja's inquiry on what she did during her hiatus, the actress answered, "I went to school and worked part-time jobs. When people recognized me I just told them I was just a look-alike."

Kudos to the actress for not giving up and following her dreams! 

source: allkpop

b

:cold_sweat:

• Like 3

On 7/11/2016 at 2:27 AM, angel2013 said:

Credit Source: SHJ baidu bar/Pearl HyunJin/translator: 蝴蝶飞了

Original interview from StarSeoulTV on 10/7/2016.

Translating a part of Jeon Hye Bin's post drama interview about OHYA-parts only relating to Seo Hyun Jin from above.

"The more popular a drama is, the degree of hatred is also different and can be frightening. Becoming 'enemies' in unfortunate circumstances so I became a bit depressed. (I think she is referring to the relationship between pretty HY and just HY here.) But when the drama ends, what the character left for me is a period of self-consolation through difficult times. Even though I've never spoken to SHJ about all these (what's she's thinking or going thru) she understood me more than anyone else what I was going through. She says when the drama ends, let's go and learn spanish then go travelling together *laughs*. It seems like I found a long lost childhood friend. During filming, I am on standby quite often, sometimes even as long as 30 hours. Hyun Jin celebrated my last day of filming with a cake. She is such a thoughtful, considerate and energetic person. I cried then and truthfully felt that such a person must succeed. I really think she is such an outstanding actress."

by the way , I really miss ANGEL2013  , she have Soompi  title as legend and she is 

I hope , she is ok .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/12/2016 at 2:44 PM, angel2013 said:

13615228_606294432865810_902374296090733

Star Talk-Seo Hyun Jin Credit as shown on pic;

Q: How do you feel after concluding the successful drama?

SHJ: A bit shy to say this but after the drama, I feel I should be more honest and courageous to love.

Q: Do you also have thoughts about marriage?

SHJ: I still don't have the courage to get married. Recently I attended Park Hee Von's wedding and I cried a lot.

Q: What do the tears mean?

SHJ: Envious but also happy for my friend who found a good man. Seeing (Goo) Hye Sun and (Park) Hee Von get married, I think they are very brave and at the same time also curious about my future husband.

Q: What is your ideal type for husband?

SHJ: One who is faithful! Doesn't matter about his past as long as he is faithful after marriage.

Q: It's good to have a clear idea of what you want and a husband who is faithful is very important.

SHJ: Yes, in the drama mum(I assume she is referring to mama oh here) ever said, a man who is heartless and unfaithful is the worst kind for marriage. I agree with this.

Q: Yes faithfulness! We are also curious about your attitude towards dating/love.

SHJ: I'm the reserved type, I cannot confess and don't know how to let the one I like come near, plus recently thinking that dating should also consider marriage, I find that dating has become more difficult. My friends who are getting married are also worried about me keke.

(rough translation by me)

Enjoy and have a good night!

EDIT: Since people have asked with regards to reposting the translation, I would say it here the conditions and disclaimer for reposting.

Reposting only for personal use not for commercial use and  reposting for fandom of SHJ is ok. 

Please credit the original translator and source as in the pic: Translator: Katy Pic:sMileMi Source: Pearl Hyun Jin 

Translation from Chinese to English: Me(lol) Angel2013

Disclaimer: Some parts may be lost in translation due to it being double translation, any error is unintentional. Translating for the sole purpose of fans of SHJ.

2018 now , our girl still not married , at least she has her friend  Hyben , it hard when your only  married  best friends and you still single .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/13/2016 at 8:31 AM, angel2013 said:

iJpsS1E.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yicgotzmlmv3xda/shjqn.jpg?dl=0

Source: SHJ Twitter and SHJ DC Gall

Translator : fangmr13

Repost from: SHJ Baidu Bar

Seo Hyun Jin answered some questions from fans in Feb 2016. The questions were given in mock examinations style as shown in pic. There are 4 pages in total. I will try and do them one by one.

Rough translations by me.

1. How do you feel welcoming your 32nd birthday? (SHJ birthday is Feb 27)

SHJ:Feels like my body is not mine. It's just a birthday, no special thoughts.   

2. After the musical, what have you been busy with?

SHJ: Busy taking care of Shideo(her dog) and going out meeting friends.

3. When do you feel most happy during this period of rest?

SHJ: Doing nothing, idling, playing with Shideo, doing charity work, reading books at home, watching movie, when there is cultural drama activities.

4. Your most confident dish?

SHJ: Ah...nothing...mexican corn pizza? Is that not a dish?  ㅠ.ㅠ

5. 1. Appearance. 2.Body. 3. Character. Choose from each category what you are most satisfied with.

SHJ: 1.Not Satisfied. 2. Sorry 3.......;

6. Choose between good or no good.

1. Milk Tea (Good)

2. Green Tea (Good)

3. Chicken Feet (Good)

4. Raw beef? (No Good)

5. Sashimi (Good)

6. Sushi (Good)

7. Beef intestines (Good)

8. Beef blood? (No Good)

Please give full credit if you are reposting. Thanks and enjoy.

her answers for fans from fans questions .

by the way Shideo is older now , I wonder how many years he have .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2016 at 5:54 AM, angel2013 said:

20 FACTS about Seo Hyun Jin's Background (my own comments in red lol)

1. Seo Hyun Jin debuted as the lead singer in girl idol group M.I.L.K under SM group.

2. Then Eric is the senior in the same company. Jeon Hye Bin also debuted around the same time, they are mere acquaintances at that same.

3. M.I.L.K's original planned 2nd album main song "Into the New World" became Girl's Generation Debut Song when M.I.L.K was disbanded.  (I'm actually glad she is not in idol group otherwise I wouldn't know her as an actress!)

The reason why M.I.L.K disbanded was because one of the members quit the group to go back to America. The rest of the members only came to know about it half a year later.

4. Like many soloist, Seo Hyun Jin had release many singles for eg. Raindrops, Zero and Up and Down etc(not exhaustive, there are more)

5. Seo Hyun Jin was originally slated to be one of the member of girl idol group Girls' Generation. (I read somewhere eventually the eldest and the youngest in the group was dropped-SHJ was the eldest in the group) (Their lost our gain)

6. Seo Hyun Jin sang the OST 'GRIP' for Inuyasha(korean version). She is the lead actress for DBSK/TVXQ movie "Dating on Earth". 

7. The character Dal-Yi in the drama "The Duo" was originally only a cameo and not a supporting cast. Everyone was against the casting except for the Director.(Director you got a good eye!)

8. Seo Hyun Jin acted with Shinwa member Kim Dong Wan in the drama special "The Peak."

9. Seo Hyun Jin's collaborated with former LUV girl group member Oh Yeon-Seo. (Jeon Hye Bin is also LUV girl group member)

10. In the drama "Here Comes Mr Oh", Kim(Jin) Tae-Hyun and Seo Hyun are husband and wife but their previous drama "Feast of God" they were enemies.

11. Seo Hyun Jin was originally in the female cast line up for the Korean move "Northern Limit Line"

12. The director for "King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang" is also the director the drama special "The Peak"

13. "Let's Eat 2" casting: Seo Hyun Jin was chosen because of her excellent acting in "King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang"  

14. Before "Let's Eat 2" , Seo Hyun Jin has never put the word 'Actress' in her resume/profile. (this is because before this drama, she didn't have the confidence to put it in)  (My heart aches, she doesn't know how good she is)

15. Seo Hyun Jin has worked with many idols unknowingly. (Park Yoo Chun, Jung Yong Hwa, Eric, Yoon Doo Joon, Kim Dong Wan, Jeon Hye Bin etc) (These people are so lucky!)

16. "Another Oh Hae Young" was originally given to 2 other actress;Kim Ah Joong and Choi Kang Hee. (Yeah we all know this, thank God they turn it down)

17. After the drama "Another Oh Hae Young", Seo Hyun Jin has 2 movies coming up. One is "Goodbye Single/FamilyHood" which was screened in June, the other is "Because I Love You"

18. Seo Hyun Jin's image is primarily elegant and gentle. She has also been given the title as a Sure Pass for any blind dates. (I think the translation not that good, means that she is good girlfriend material or good wife material I think-HINT to someone ;))

19. Seo Hyun Jin was once thought to be MBC staff because she did a lot of MBC projects during that time.(Will she be considered TVN staff now? since her last few projects were with TVN :sweatingbullets:)

20. Her first acting debut was in 2002 MBC sitcom Nonstop as a guest, her acting was still mediocre then. (It's ok, she worked very hard to get to where she is today. No one is good from the beginning.)

Hope you all enjoy it! 

:w00t:

facts about SeoHyunjin 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, justright said:

I'm so happy today. They confirmed the Blu-ray production, that means they have reached the minimum total 1000 pre orders. Wow!  I read that they are giving us an additional disk of specials. I also read that we can request what we want in the cafe by today but i don't have an account to that daum cafe. I wanted to request them to provide us Eng sub and provide me autographs. Do i have to wait for a year to get my bluray?

That’s sooo cool! Oh, I thought the minimum is 10k! Lol!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On Sun Nov 25 2018 at 7:18 AM, BlissfulMoments said:

Another movie mash up, this time HSG in W, really well done.

Another one HJ in KDSBH and Gong Yoo at the beginning in Goblin so it's a saguek, my favourite genre. I couldn't finish Goblin even for Gong Yoo :bawling:

I like seo hyun jin and goong yoo pairing.. maybe next drama *hopefull

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BlissfulMoments said:

I got a reply to my request, no subtitles. :bawling:

Sigh :wacko:.. ottoke.. they should already know there were many international fans of TBI..

I dont know who this girl is.. maybe hyunjin stylist?? Anybody know koreans can you kindly translate what hyun jin write to her on the last picture please :blush::heart:

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MizzParkSungAh said:

Sigh :wacko:.. ottoke.. they should already know there were many international fans of TBI..

Ikr from the comments on yt they should know the majority are itnl fans. I'm a little disappointed that there's no subs considering they are offering preorders from global.yes24 which I am assuming is for non Koreans, anyway I look forward to see the Director's cut and extras.

• Like 5

On 12/1/2018 at 7:09 AM, samaf said:

there is solution for the front page 

so from page 4 till page 433 , wow :w00t:

Can one of us take over temporarily just to maintain the title and the 1st page until Angel comes back?

Which moderator can we ask to change?

• Like 4

On 12/1/2018 at 2:09 AM, samaf said:
On 5/14/2016 at 9:15 AM, irilight said:

I agree with you both @Sweet Pea and @betchay that this thread needs TLC.   Looks like the person who started the thread did not visit  Soompi since 2013.  

Anyone who wishes to take over the thread, can ask one of the moderators to do so. It would be wonderful if someone takes it on.

there is solution for the front page 

so from page 4 till page 433 , wow :w00t:

Thats when @cheesethatnotsocheesey took over the thread. I remember it.

@justright she visited soompi  last year so Im not sure if she is considered an inactive member yet but she hasn't updated anything since baeksang I think. I've mentioned her a few times but she hasn't:mellow: 

@lynnys13 I have been waiting for those two since baeksang awards. They weren't even in the same agency then. I hope SOOP makes it happen. Seeing these edits just makes me so excited for that drama. The chemistry ìs off the roof:lol:

@MizzParkSungAh I can't read her handwriting there so most words are illegible for me 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, SweetLullaby said:

Thats when @cheesethatnotsocheesey took over the thread. I remember it.

@justright she visited soompi  last year so Im not sure if she is considered an inactive member yet but she hasn't updated anything since baeksang I think. I've mentioned her a few times but she hasn't:mellow: 

The question is can one of us take over from her temporarily just to maintain the title and the 1st page? Can we ask a moderator to change the owner even if she visited here last year? 

Edit: Do you know who is the moderator? If you know, please tell me. I can also ask. Anyone wants to volunteer to take over temporarily?

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, justright said:

The question is can one of us take over from her temporarily just to maintain the title and the 1st page? Can we ask a moderator to change the owner even if she visited here last year? 

Edit: Do you know who is the moderator? If you know, please tell me. I can also ask. Anyone wants to volunteer to take over temporarily?

I just asked one of the moderators if the change is possible. My pc broke AGAIN. I'm not sure if I can update the front page on mobile so I can't take over :mellow:

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, SweetLullaby said:

I just asked one of the moderators if the change is possible. My pc broke AGAIN. I'm not sure if I can update the front page on mobile so I can't take over :mellow:

Ok. Let's give a day or two for people to volunteer. If no one by then, I'll take over temporarily if no objection.

• Like 4

2019 is just around the corner. I just couldn't stand the outdated title and the front page.

Sorry if i share some old goodie stuff. I like to see her playing piano too.

Credit the owner.

I miss her in musical when i see this. Credit the owner.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, justright said:

if you can do it temporarily , and told them that we want angel after her return 

I think they won't say no.

• Like 1