Guuyyyss our prayer is answered!!! Oh god finally!

But i have a mix feeling about it. I watched first couple episodes of high society and i dropped it. And doctors i didn't even have an interest in it to begin with. But, I don't want to be a prick and be whinny, so let's just see and wait for it. I believe in hyunjin. Hope it'll be good. Hyunjin fighting! Hyunjinies fighting!

• Like 6

Wow, 19 articles out, in Naver Search on Hyun Jin about this news.

I love the fact that a lot of media outlets  are also eagerly awaiting and anticipating for any news of Hyun Jin's next project as much as we do.  Jump Ent could have up some media outlets and those others picked up the news right away  and got confirmation from them, so a lot of articles of this news came out.

B3bgaxS.png

VlZ3tVN.png

OLssdLt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

z9eeFdu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

4uoYXJYm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Source:  http://news.naver.com/main/search/search.nhn (서현진 search)

I've read that the writer is good in telling her stories  but it's the execution of her stories into dramas (PD's fault perhaps?) that have fallen short. I haven't watched any of this writer's works yet, so I cant give my personal assessment.

But trust Seo Hyun Jin to do well if she accepts it,  she always stands out in any roles she plays.♡

• Like 7

It's good to see the thread buzzing!! lemme put my project aside first, this news is exciting! finally a casting probablity but yes like most of you I am a bit hesitant about the writer....since I've never watched any of her?his? dramas.

but yeah I guess we will trust HyunJin who chooses her project wisely, but I do like the title however kkkk, anyway, here's the trans from Soompi Hyunjinies on some of the news although @anggun11 has already provided a summary of it too.

plus a bonus update from DaenggiMeori FB

@Pointree @anggun11 she probably preparing herself to be a good friend who can give good counsel? hehe its easy to get lost in the entertainment industry, keeping in touch with yourself and who you are is very important too. Life lessons can be a good stress reliever, need not be in trouble or need to attend plus because she's been very free now haha

• Like 7

@icemaid The drama will start to air on 9/18, if previous drama's airing schedule doesn't change.

At this point SHJ just considering the drama and the casting of the drama can be changed enough. IN AOHY, Kim Ah Joong and Choi Kang Hee was first offered the lead female role and many articles had been reported of this then, you know.  Anyway there is not much time left until the drama airing, it is likely to be decided within the next few weeks. Even if she doesn't appear in this drama, we will probably see her in this fall. 

• Like 10

Omg I'm so happy:lol: I thought she wouldn't go for another rom-com.I think she didn't get anything melo that was good enough for her.Her name is in talks before anyone else.This is a first for her, right?

I hope they find a good male lead too.Sometimes even if one of the leads is lacking you get hooked but it may get all messy too.It makes me nervous but I am so happy to hear this (I assume she is going to accept because it is the first time she wasn't rumoured for anything throughout her break.)

tenor.gif

• Like 9

I welcome the casting news of her. Even if she doesn't pick this one, i believe we will see her soon as other offers will come once publicised. It takes one to start the ball rolling. I'm not a fan of this writer too, watched her Doctors and High Society but was struggling whether to complete it or not. However, I like the title of her novel, Good/Nice Soup doesn't receive calls. This title sounds more appealing than Temperature of Love imo. Her co star is also very important. We hope for a good looking experienced male actor, not too old, not too young, LOL.

From the IG mesg trans quote as below, i thought this sentence tells you something is bothering her or there are lots on her mind. However, it's good that one seeks help/answers by attending talks/courses or even by spiritual means. I like to take courses on stress management and interpersonal skills. Women who are aged 30 and above would also understand problems like ”career/finance” VS ”family/love”. Questions like which is more important, which would you like to focus more, for eg. 

"There are many anxieties in the acting career as well as many worries that plague korean women in their 30s." - from the IG mesg trans, shared by angel2013

• Like 9

Seo Hyun-jin up for new drama from Doctors writer, Temperature of Love

by tipsymocha

seohyunjin-temperatureoflove.jpg

Seo Hyun-jin (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim) in another rom-com?! Man, if they manage it, I’m definitely tuning in. The writer behind Doctors and High Society, Ha Myung-hee, is preparing a drama adaptation to her novel Nice Soup Does Not Answer the Phone titled Temperature of Love, and an offer is out to Seo Hyun-jin to headline the show.

Temperature of Love is described as a romantic comedy for the Internet generation: Our heroine, Jae-in, is an aspiring drama screenwriter who one day strikes up an online rapport with a stranger with the handle Nice Soup, who dreams of becoming a French cuisine chef someday. Their relationship, and the stories of the people around them, will be the main focus of the show, which sounds breezy and slice-of-life. I can imagine the tone to be similar to this writer’s last drama, Doctors, except this time there will less doctoring for our main characters to do, thankfully. I enjoyed that show, and it was an easy watch, but I was constantly wondering how these surgeons had all this time to run around and romance each other.

Seo Hyun-jin isn’t confirmed yet, but I’m just really happy to see her even consider a drama role, because she’s one of those actresses with such a lovely, natural screen presence. I love her in romantic comedy and I think she’d do a great job as a writer hopeful who bonds with someone she’s never met in person. It sounds like whoever will play the heroine will have to carry the emotional center of the show, and I have no doubt Seo Hyun-jin could do it beautifully.

Temperature of Love is planning to air sometime later this year, and there’s a good chance SBS will schedule this show in after My Sassy Girl and Falsify end their runs in its Monday-Tuesday slot.

Source: dramabeans

There's a lot good respond of this casting news. A lot of support and anticipations for her come back. See many good comments on dramabeans.

@justright i heard the old rumor about casting for Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum before. So it will be noona-dongsaeng loveline:huh:

• Like 9

Good to see writers courting for her for a new drama!! I'm totally neutral on this since I've only watched Doctors and funnily I dropped it on the last episode and I can't remember why.
BUT I'm all in for a feel-good, slice of life drama and I feel that the korean audience are enjoying this kind of genre as well seeing how well Fight for My Way is performing. So while many are apprehensive about this writer's past works, I'm willing to give her the benefit of doubt if SHJ decided on this. Furthermore this drama will be aired on SBS. So if it turns out to be a hit, it will be SHJ's second consecutive hit on SBS! SBS Daesang 2017.. :wink:

Anyway, I also see a lot of people wanting to pair her up with Jo Jung Seok, who's been courted for Two Cops with Han Ji Min. What are your thoughts? Two Cops was the winner of a script-writing competition organised by KBS, and it's crime, comedy and supernatural all in one. 

• Like 7

@uknowahah, wow! Daesang award? It will give her more pressure and she needs to attend more classes at school of life, just kidding. Netizens already predicting ji sung to win this year. If there is another hit better than defendant, it can be someone else.

Two Cops is interesting especially casting actor JJS. However, i don't like the fact that it will be broadcasted on MBC. HJM is a close friend of JJS hence high likely she'll accept that role.

I hope SHJ's next drama will be broadcasted on SBS or TVN and on Monday-Tuesday slot. A dose of SHJ to begin the week will help many people with monday blues lol.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, justright said:

@uknowahah, wow! Daesang award? It will give her more pressure and she needs to attend more classes at school of life, just kidding. Netizens already predicting ji sung to win this year. If there is another hit better than defendant, it can be someone else.

Two Cops is interesting especially casting actor JJS. However, i don't like the fact that it will be broadcasted on MBC. HJM is a close friend of JJS hence high likely she'll accept that role.

I hope SHJ's next drama will be broadcasted on SBS or TVN and on Monday-Tuesday slot. A dose of SHJ to begin the week will help many people with monday blues lol.

Oh.. Ji Sung is hard to beat :( but we can always hope right? HAHAHA.

I like how you put it. Getting to seeing SHJ on Monday and Tuesday will definitely make the week a lot easier to bear. 

• Like 6

On 6/16/2017 at 1:12 PM, jenn96 said:

People in DC were talking about infinite's L yesterday..So this is the reason:lol:

On 6/16/2017 at 1:51 PM, anggun11 said:

@justright @uknowahah HJM already accepted the role. Daesang? I have positive think that she will get it soon, either this year or next year.:lol:

@jenn96 No... no idol...:(

If talk abt young idol-actor, i only believe on acting like Jun Ho 2pm, or Doo Joon was great on Let's Eat.

What? No no no idol please...L is definitely too young ...and Doo Joon? yes I don't mind a reunion between them.

I heard that its going to be nuna-dongsaeng romance which I'm not fond of for HJ.

@uknowahah yes I am one of those who would prefer her to be in two cops :lol: the other one is Hong's sisters drama with Cha Seung-Won. Just my preference, though like most of us here, I trust HJ's decision.

@Pointree haha yes most of us heard that song, but thanks for the HQ version of it.

• Like 8

Me too not a fan of noona dongsaeng romance, I can't never feel the chemistry of this kinda plot (except romantic doctor since i know yys is older then shj). But guys, u wanna know who's the perfect male lead if hyunjin takes this noona dongsaeng project? Kim soo hyun! If this project ever gonna happen with uri hyunjin, he's the only younger man that i give my "blessings" to star along side our hyunjin. He's younger but not too young, his acting chop is beyond good, and he seems like a fun person to be around (which is important cause hyunjin will spend alot of time with her co-star alot at the filming site). Oh well, it's just my thought tho

• Like 8