Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Hi!

Converting from RMVB is possible. I've done it in the past with some files. What you need is ffmpegx and the real video codecs. This site has a tutorial on how to convert videos: http://www.kerdsri.com/77/convert-rmvb-on-mac/

As for megaupload, I know I've downloaded stuff from their site in the past (a week ago?) -- Let me check to see if I can find something to download!

EDIT -- Just checked MegaUpload with Safari and it works for me.

When I visited, I entered the three letters and then clicked "Download" (orange button). Next screen appeared and it has two columns, "Premium" and "Free". Have to wait 45 seconds to download...

megaupload.jpg

Once 45 seconds pass, the text changes to a "Free Download" button. Clicking that and everything works fine.

Only thing...they have a really low bandwidth cap. So, if you're trying to download multiple (large) files, you may be seeing the "please purchase premium account to download unlimited files..."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you fellow mac users....I have an Imac, I love it.

But the thing is I can't watch the dramas I download with subtitles.

Anyone know of a FREE player that can play with the subtitles, because I know quicktime can't definately not do it?

Is VLC free?

edit// n-jjang I use the program Isquint, it's really great.

I have a question for you fellow mac users....I have an Imac, I love it.

But the thing is I can't watch the dramas I download with subtitles.

Anyone know of a FREE player that can play with the subtitles, because I know quicktime can't definately not do it?

Is VLC free?

edit// n-jjang I use the program Isquint, it's really great.

Hi Rini,

My cousins are visiting from Korea so I've been downloading Korean Dramas for them. I use VLC (which is free) and has srt support for subtitles :)

Guest n-jjang

j79 ; oh! thank you so much! hahah! i shouldnt delete the files that i've downloaded.. -_-;; i kinda delete all of the rmvb files since i cant watch it.. hahaha,, thank you so much~!!

rini ; so do i hav to download both file? there's mirror 1 and mirror 2.. haha.. thank you so much!

umm.. i think megaupload hates singapore.. coz, this is what it said when i want to download using megaupload:

picture1uy0.png

and when i download the toolbar, it's .exe file.. T_T which mac cant use....

thank youuuu.. it really helped me :D

Hi Rini,

My cousins are visiting from Korea so I've been downloading Korean Dramas for them. I use VLC (which is free) and has srt support for subtitles :)

Oh thanks....is this where you downloaded from? I get really paranoid of downloading stuff

edit// n-jjang I don't think your need to download both...just one in one mirror. and your very welcome!! :)

Oh thanks....is this where you downloaded from? I get really paranoid of downloading stuff

edit// n-jjang I don't think your need to download both...just one in one mirror. and your very welcome!! :)

Hi Rini,

Yup! That's the site for VLC :)

n-jjang - are the subs the same name as the movie? It should be like:

KoreanDrama.avi

KoreanDrama.srt

Also, this site here has a way to work around the MegaUpload country blocking...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/06/01/d...ad-slots-limit/

From that site, if you're using FireFox, download this plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3843

:D Good luck!

Guest ehytee7

my dad just got me a 15.4 inch MacBook Pro. I'm setting it up now. how do you do the split thing like having two OS? windows and safari (i'm not sure??)

can i also install yahoo messanger in my Mac?? i'm so sorry if these questions were been asked before.

specs of my mac..

- 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo

- 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

- 160 GB 5400-rpm hard drive

- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT w/ 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

- iSight

my dad just got me a 15.4 inch MacBook Pro. I'm setting it up now. how do you do the split thing like having two OS? windows and safari (i'm not sure??)

can i also install yahoo messanger in my Mac?? i'm so sorry if these questions were been asked before.

specs of my mac..

- 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo

- 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

- 160 GB 5400-rpm hard drive

- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT w/ 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

- iSight

Hi! Congrats on the new MBP :)

There are two ways to run Windows on your Mac. One is as a dual boot config (using Boot Camp) and the other is by running Windows as a Virtual OS (by using either Parallels or VMWare (which is in a beta, pre-release form...)). The advantage to Boot Camp is it's free.

You can learn about and download Boot Camp here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

The other two program can be found here:

Parallels: http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

VMWare: http://www.vmware.com/beta/fusion/

I have Parallels installed and have no gripes with it. Maybe someone else with a dualboot/vm solution will chime in with their opinion as well...

And yes, you can download Yahoo Messenger. You can download the actual client from Yahoo from here: http://messenger.yahoo.com/mac.php or you can download AdiumX which will allow you to connect to Yahoo Messenger (as well as MSN, AOL, Jabber, ICQ, etc.)

Congrats again!

Guest ehytee7

^ thank you very much..glad someone replied :) it's my first mac, so i'm still confused with configuring it.. i'm still waiting for my brother to wake up though, coz i don't have any idea how to set up our wireless inet..so i'm just loading softwares now like adobe, etc...

ow.. and another thing, is there a way that the songs in my ipod can be transferred to the itunes library in my macbook pro?

edit: does the mac come with an internet security system? coz we currently have a zone alarm, but then, it says in the box that it is designed for Microsoft Windows XP, so it means that i can't use it in my Mac, right?

^i believe a program called senuti would do the trick. if you google for it, you'll find several great apps that can put the songs back onto your mac. ^^

hmm.. i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. BUT~ i'll try anyways. so~ i use amule and transmission for ed2k and BT files. i used port forwarding and was getting very nice speeds for the past couple days. i didn't change anything and all of a sudden, my speeds are capped at around 10 kB/s. does anyone know what could have happened? how i can fix? and.. any suggestions for dls besides these two clients? (oh, and this is kinda random, but i always connect to donkeyserver 2, but it would NOT let me connect to that for some reason!) i have no idea what's going on... >_<;

help would be greatly appreciated! ^^*

Guest Xarthan

edit: does the mac come with an internet security system? coz we currently have a zone alarm, but then, it says in the box that it is designed for Microsoft Windows XP, so it means that i can't use it in my Mac, right?

one of the good things about mac os x is that it is basically linux which is very secure, so unless you have sharing options enabled, you shouldn't need any additional software for security.

Heck I don't think antivirus programs on OS X actually do anything, since .exe or .bat files can't run on a mac which is basically how viruses are run.

Guest ehytee7

one of the good things about mac os x is that it is basically linux which is very secure, so unless you have sharing options enabled, you shouldn't need any additional software for security.

Heck I don't think antivirus programs on OS X actually do anything, since .exe or .bat files can't run on a mac which is basically how viruses are run.

great..thank you very much.. but what about if i have two os? someone said above to use boot camp or parallels in order for me to use windows.. so since the other os would be windows, do i have to install zone alarm to it??

Guest Xarthan

great..thank you very much.. but what about if i have two os? someone said above to use boot camp or parallels in order for me to use windows.. so since the other os would be windows, do i have to install zone alarm to it??

oh yeah :)

^i believe a program called senuti would do the trick. if you google for it, you'll find several great apps that can put the songs back onto your mac. ^^

hmm.. i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. BUT~ i'll try anyways. so~ i use amule and transmission for ed2k and BT files. i used port forwarding and was getting very nice speeds for the past couple days. i didn't change anything and all of a sudden, my speeds are capped at around 10 kB/s. does anyone know what could have happened? how i can fix? and.. any suggestions for dls besides these two clients? (oh, and this is kinda random, but i always connect to donkeyserver 2, but it would NOT let me connect to that for some reason!) i have no idea what's going on... >_<;

help would be greatly appreciated! ^^*

Actually, it's tough when it comes to P2P programs and determining why speeds fluctuate. It could be the person you're downloading from uses software which regulates bandwidth based on the ratio of the user connected. Or, it could be nothing more than just resetting the modem/router. :D

Personally, I use Azureus for BT files which works great for me.

Guest sofia

Hi!

Converting from RMVB is possible. I've done it in the past with some files. What you need is ffmpegx and the real video codecs. This site has a tutorial on how to convert videos: http://www.kerdsri.com/77/convert-rmvb-on-mac/

As for megaupload, I know I've downloaded stuff from their site in the past (a week ago?) -- Let me check to see if I can find something to download!

When I visited, I entered the three letters and then clicked "Download" (orange button). Next screen appeared and it has two columns, "Premium" and "Free". Have to wait 45 seconds to download...

megaupload.jpg

Once 45 seconds pass, the text changes to a "Free Download" button. Clicking that and everything works fine.

Only thing...they have a really low bandwidth cap. So, if you're trying to download multiple (large) files, you may be seeing the "please purchase premium account to download unlimited files..."

Thanks for the tip.

Guest n-jjang

Hi Rini,

Yup! That's the site for VLC :)

n-jjang - are the subs the same name as the movie? It should be like:

KoreanDrama.avi

KoreanDrama.srt

Also, this site here has a way to work around the MegaUpload country blocking...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/06/01/d...ad-slots-limit/

From that site, if you're using FireFox, download this plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3843

:D Good luck!

somehow it still wont work -_- but thank you so much for helpinG! :D i should try it again though.., hehehe..

for the vlc, yup.. its the same name, but it still not working.. T_T i must hav done something wrong.. -_-

i've download isquint~!! thank you rini~~~!! ^^ i've convert some videos already :D

Guest Xarthan

Hello fellow Mac users. I have a 2 year old 15 inch Powerbook with a superdrive and 512 Ram. The hard disk space is not so big though. Anyway, has anyone here used serial box from serialz.to? I'm having problems with it. Doesn't seem to update some of the cracks and serials. I always get an error when I input their serial key in some of the stuffs i downloaded over the net.

*sigh* mac softwares can be quite expensive when you get the legit.

I cannot wait for the release of the Leopard.

oh boy...... :rolleyes:

It is based on BSD, not Linux. :)

Hello fellow Mac users. I have a 2 year old 15 inch Powerbook with a superdrive and 512 Ram. The hard disk space is not so big though. Anyway, has anyone here used serial box from serialz.to? I'm having problems with it. Doesn't seem to update some of the cracks and serials. I always get an error when I input their serial key in some of the stuffs i downloaded over the net.

*sigh* mac softwares can be quite expensive when you get the legit.

I cannot wait for the release of the Leopard.

Please do not post about illegal software.

Guest sofia

Hi!

megaupload.jpg

Hi,

I've tried using the method on converting but fail...it didn't seems to work.

Is there any online converter to convert avi files to flv files? or shareware/freeware programs?

How did they do it on youtube??? using .flv files...do they convert first before posting or system automatic converts other files into .flv??

Archived