Soompi Mac User Group

j79

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i just got a MBP.

what's a good and free writing program, that works just like microsoft word?

OpenOffice. It is a suite and includes word and excel, I think powerpoint too among other things. You can choose to save in Microsoft Word formats as well.

Guest echoism

Hello, Does anyone know how to convert avi videos with srt files to mp4 for view on iPad and iPhone? Thank you.

First you'll have to hardsub the video using a program like Handbrake and then convert using Quicktime or a program like FFmpeg. Depending on how good you are at computers, you might want to just find a hardsub version of the video and just convert that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest p00hpal

First you'll have to hardsub the video using a program like Handbrake and then convert using Quicktime or a program like FFmpeg. Depending on how good you are at computers, you might want to just find a hardsub version of the video and just convert that.

Thank you for your reply. Sigh, i was hoping for a more easier solution. :-) thanks anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J-10

anyone got the macbook pro 13 with the i7? I was thinking of buying it but i read somewhere that it overheats for no reason. can anyone who owns this confirm it?

Guest bonbons

So my RAM became uber corrupt a couple of months ago and I had that replaced. computer works fine mostly but I can't seem to open a lot of my apps. ie. imovie,garageband,a few apps I've downloaded from app store, and google chrome is even acting weird(it freezes when I try to go to webpages). I haven't had time to go to an apple store for help yet.

and I was just thinking...

Should I do a full back up and just reset my MBP? Will that fix the problem? Opinions appreciated :)

Guest echoism

So my RAM became uber corrupt a couple of months ago and I had that replaced. computer works fine mostly but I can't seem to open a lot of my apps. ie. imovie,garageband,a few apps I've downloaded from app store, and google chrome is even acting weird(it freezes when I try to go to webpages). I haven't had time to go to an apple store for help yet.

and I was just thinking...

Should I do a full back up and just reset my MBP? Will that fix the problem? Opinions appreciated :)

A lot of people recommend periodically reinstalling your OS to boost performance. And it's not really a huge project so why not try?

Guest bonbons

A lot of people recommend periodically reinstalling your OS to boost performance. And it's not really a huge project so why not try?

Archived