Soompi Mac User Group

j79

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zenigame

That's awesome!! :D I hate mail in rebates.

Curious how many others have seen this: http://www.pixelmator.com/

It's not out yet...but it looks slick!!

I want beta! Should be a nice alternative for people who don't need all of photoshop's power. Macheist did a promo thingy with the macupdate bundle promising a pixelmator beta invite when ready.

so i tried out vista for the first time yesterday at worst buy and also tested out a mac as well. so it looks like windows integrated a lot of mac concepts. but can someone give me an unbiased opinon on both? i tried looking up vista on cnet.com, but they're all comparing it with the mac.

but vista does look a lot more complicated to use, and really, i don't feel like learning another new osx. i felt that way about a mac, but i still wanted to try it out. mac seemed so easy to pick up...but i still want to know the features on both operating systems

Guest xxdorkie

how do u copy and paste on macbook? ctrl + c doesnt seem to work. and also, how do u save pictures since there is no right click? thanks.. Im still a newb :)

Guest Brusky

how do u copy and paste on macbook? ctrl + c doesnt seem to work. and also, how do u save pictures since there is no right click? thanks.. Im still a newb :)

You can hold CTRL + click, or just click the image and drag it to your desktop (or whatever folder you want it in).

most shortcut keys are similar to windows.

instead of doing ctrl + c/v/x

you use:

apple(cmd) + c ----- copy

apple(cmd) + v ----- paste

apple(cmd) + x ----- cut

if you want to right-click, you press:

ctrl + mouseclick ------ menu will appear just like using right-click on the mouse for windows

Guest hellothomas

im thinking about placing an order for the 17 inch macbook pro. it looks so slick.

BUT it doesn't come with a blu-ray drive, and i want to be able to connect my laptop to my tv and watch movies....should i still pull the trigger?

Guest chriskong37

im thinking about placing an order for the 17 inch macbook pro. it looks so slick.

BUT it doesn't come with a blu-ray drive, and i want to be able to connect my laptop to my tv and watch movies....should i still pull the trigger?

in my opinion - no. blu-ray isn't standarized among laptops yet. infact, it's not even a dead set next thing. there's still a battle between which format will replace dvd, either it being: HD DVD (high-definition dvd) or blu-ray. each format has support among different manufacturers in the entertainment industry. this wikipedia article will tell you what major film studios support what: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of..._studio_support.

sorry for going off topic here. but honestly, the only company that i can think of that offers blu-ray disc support in their laptops are Sony in their VAIO AR range. you won't find any other manufacturer.

but apart from that, what the apple macbook/macbook pro range offers is hard to beat. industry leading design, high specs, built in camera and microphone function and the support for BOTH windows and mac os x to run natively means that you can't go wrong with a macbook. stick with the apple and wait it out if your that desperate for blu-ray support.

Guest Xarthan

sorry for going off topic here. but honestly, the only company that i can think of that offers blu-ray disc support in their laptops are Sony in their VAIO AR range. you won't find any other manufacturer.

dell now offers blue ray drives

Guest chriskong37

dell now offers blue ray drives

oh, whoops. i stand corrected :blush:

i though only sony offered blu-ray drives in their notebook computers.

haha, oh well ><"

Wow, Apple just released some amazing numbers for the quarter!! Record Mac sales!!

I told my brother to buy aapl right after they released the iPod (I told him the iPod was gonna be huge :D)

He picked up some and held it, but it didn't move fast enough for him. So, he sold it off for some penny stocks.

He watched aapl go from 12 bucks (when he bought) to over 100, SPLIT, and up to its current 150. ouch.

Guest ehytee7

can you suggest an application that can open zip files?? coz before i'm using winzip, but then, i think that's only for windows.

Thanks

Guest prettykorean07

new mac user ^^ macbook 13 inch, mac OS X 10.4.10 Tiger, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB memory...

anyway i have a question....i use cyworld the korean version, and unfortunately, for some odd reason i can't use the picture uploading thing...like i can do a direct upload, but i like to use the cyworld picture tweaker to mess around w/ my pics...does anybody know how i can use that cyworld feature?

Guest theLEGEND

New Mac user.. :D

15.4" MacBook Pro with 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB DDR SDRAM, 160GB 5400-rpm hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and built in iSight.

I just bought it this afternoon and it's my first time using Mac. I'm really confused in terms of how to get around of things. I hope I'll figure it out soon. :)

Guest ehytee7

StuffIt Expander will open up .zip files.

thanks.. coz i was downloading a zip file of songs to my computer, but it always says decompression failed. And when i click on the zip file, it would say "Safari can't resume the download file. The file blah.zip doesn't appear to be a valid download file.

Guest Xarthan

can you suggest an application that can open zip files?? coz before i'm using winzip, but then, i think that's only for windows.

Thanks

.zip files should open natively under os x without any additional programs.

Guest <yiboy>

AWESOME SOOMPI MAC GROUP!!! lol

13" Macbook; 1GB memory

and....i have a really quick question.

I called apple to confirm, but the tech guy i was talking to didn't really seem to be sure.

When leopard comes out, will boot camp feature a full compatibility for windows?

I'm very interested in playing some games (i.e. Pangya lol) and etc. that are normally windows games..

Wouldn't there be some kind of conflict with the directx driver or anything like that?

Archived