[manga] Koukou Debut

Guest Misao

Guest revoldk509

Haha! This manga was so typical. Still, I loved it. :) It was sweet and funny. I too hope they make an anime or live action for this.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dorkafied!

Aww I loved this manga, to bad I can't read it again -__-"

i also agree, I hope they make a anime/drama out of this! :D

• 1 month later...

Junpei Mizobata, Ito Ono star in "High School Debut"

In August, it was announced that Kazune Kawahara's manga "Koukou Debut"  ("High School Debut") is being turned into a live-action film. Now, the  main cast members have been revealed: Junpei Mizobata (21) will co-star  with fashion model Ito Ono (15), who is making her acting debut with  this movie.

Ono will be playing the manga's protagonist, a young  girl who was completely absorbed in her club activities, but decides to  change her image and her love life upon entering high school. Mizobata  will play the upperclassman that becomes her coach and eventual love  interest.

Tsutomu Hanabusa is directing the film, which is scheduled for release in spring 2011.

source: Tokyograph

Here's the soompi thread.

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

OMG....

i have been waiting for it to become live action.

And it is...

haha...im soo happy can't wait for it.

i have been collecting the manga since it has been out.

now im hoping for an anime...

i wish they would consider doing an anime.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kayana20

I love the roller-coaster ride of this story and how love or being plain can make you feel or become beautiful. The ended left me wanting more but I loved this series and how High school it was. Some want to stay together while others always are yearning what they don't have.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm in the middle of reading this manga. In my opinion, it is quite different from other mangas in a way that Yoh is so blunt and frank (sometimes, harshly.. which is also cool), and Haruna does not cry as much as other main girls. Seriously, I love her and him.

• 3 weeks later...

There's apparently still vol 14 and 15 of this series. No scanlation group has worked on them yet, but Viz is rereleasing this series in a 3-in-1 edition which would included those 2 series!! Excited to read the last 2 volumes and to see Yoh and Haruna again!:)

^Yes, from what I heard the last 2 volumes are about Yoh and Haruna in college. Like how they manage to keep their relationship strong despite the distance and how busy they are with school and such. I'm actually surprised no one translated them. O.O
And I've seen the movie. Yoh was soo cute especially with glasses on. Haruna was abit overacting, lol, but still I found her cute. And the ending was <3. I liked how it started with a shoe, and ended with a shoe. lol, It was so Haruna.

Archived