[manga] Koukou Debut

Guest Misao

OH. MY. GOSH! why have I not heard of this manga earlier? I just started reading it today and I'm on chapter 25 XD

it's sooooo good! Yoh's got me swooning~ LOL.

it feels weird saying he was cute .. but uhhh, HE REALLY WAS, hahah. I died a bit actually.

will be back to edit after I finish it :]

edit
: I'm gonna try to not sound so fangirly, but gyaahh, this was SO cute!

Haruna is so dense and she makes Yoh say his feelings out loud and it's SOOOO adorable because he gets all embarrassed after XDD

but I like how she's not one of those annoying girls who cry all the time over stupid stuff.

she did cry a lot, but those were cries of happiness because of what Yoh did/said. honestly, if anyone said/did those stuff to me, I'd cry of happiness too lols.

the ending was adorable! it was like the beginning when Yoh started coaching Haruna how to dress. rofl

I reeeeeally hope they make this into an anime X)

well i thought that too. i feel like yoh's got some hugh bags under his eyes halfway or so through the manga
:o
lol, me too. it seemed like Asaoka was getting bags too actually. Yoh was starting to look like Light from Death Note XD

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiralz0mg

This manga was pretty good but at times it got a bit dry but Haruna and Yoh = soooooo cuteee Asami and the mom bugs me.. ALOT.. lol

Guest Kazuko

I like this manga ;) though the ending wasn't what I like the most. However, it was better then dragging it on.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest doremii*

I love this manga. It's one of the best I've read (although tbh.. I've only read about 4 or 5 mangas in total lol)

Haruna is a hilarious character. She's really into Yoh. haha sometimes I find myself cringing because of the embarrassing stuff she says/does, but that's what I like about her character.

the ending could've been better, but I was satisfied :)

^ I think there's 13? although buying them is what you really should do, you can read them online for free.

I would personally buy all the mangas i wanted to read but i lack the money :/

it's completed on
though
:)

YOOOOOH<3 XD

edit:
I read one shot chapter and I thought it was cute 8D

it would be cool if they made an anime out of it though~

Guest chainsling

i didnt like the special though i would like to watch an anime of this manga wish they'll make one =]

• 1 month later...
Guest lizelle

just finished this manga(:

i really did enjoy reading it.

i'm kind of sad that i'm finished with it

i agree with what the others said before me,

i really wish they'd make an anime out of this manga.

it's a good love story XD

Guest Nynna

Ugh I forgot which chapter I stopped at >.> I think I'm atleast past volume 2 -3- i love Yoh's hair though ^^ x333

Guest Starberriee

The one shot wasn't that good but I liked the main story overall, Haruna and Yoh ~!

Usually half my favourite mangas end horribly, but this one was okay. So Koukou Debut remains one of my favourites B)

Guest xingjing

MY FAVORITE MANGA OF ALL TIME.

I mean, this isn't a huge dramatic manga, but the fact that it's so ordinary and yet so cute and touching is just so... I'm going to buy this manga some day. LOL.

They should definitely make an anime out of this. SLDFKJEROI. THEY'D BETTER.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tru32urluv

Haha yeah I finished reading this whole manga online (scans are awesome haha)

But I'm buying the books too so TRUE FAN FTW!! lol.

So far I got 4 volumes and there's up to Volume 9 out right now -dies-

I'm gonna go broke from these bleh lol.

• 4 months later...
Guest nadiaoishi

If koukou debut is to be adapted into a japanese/korean/taiwanese live action drama, who would cast as the leads?

for korean, I would cast

Jung Yonghwa as Yoh

jungyonghwaYB.jpg

and Kim So eun as Haruna

kimsoeun.jpg

Hahaha.. maybe i'm just weird. many people would want to see so eun and kimbum but I prefer something more refreshing? Also maybe because I'm currently going gaga over yonghwa.HAHAHAHHA so i would really like to watch him in a lead role and I think Yoh's role is just right for him.

If it's a japanese drama, then I'll have to choose

Yamapi as Yoh

yamapi.jpg

"Hey Haruna... am I sexy enough for you?" ^^

and Maki as Haruna

horikita.jpg

"aaahhh Yoh~... button up your clothes~" :wub:

As for a taiwanese drama.. i have no idea who to cast. HAHAH

I really hope some producers somewhere will make this dream of ours come true. I really wonder if they have discovered the manga.

Now excuse me while I start fantasizing this in my mind. hehehhe

• 8 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

"High School Debut" goes live-action

Tue, August 10, 2010 (12:21pm EDT)

The hit manga series "Koukou Debut" ("High School Debut") by artist Kazune Kawahara will come to life in a movie adaptation, it has been announced. This month's issue of Bessatsu Margaret revealed that a film is in the works, but details such as the cast and release date are still unknown.

The original manga ran in the magazine from 2003 to 2008 and was printed as 13 collected volumes. It tells the story of a young girl named Haruna who was completely absorbed with softball during her middle school days, but now that she is in high school, she decides to completely redo her lifestyle and focus on falling in love. In order to increase her popularity with boys, she convinces a good-looking upperclassman to become her coach. Although he makes her agree to not fall in love with him, she naturally does.

More details about the movie will be announced at a later date.

Source: Natalie

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6458

Still hoping for an anime adaptation.

Archived