Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

What is it about these black-rimmed frames that he loves so much? I am having a hard time imagining him trying out different frames and finally selecting these because they looked the best on him. :unsure: I mean out of all the choices at his disposal he chose these??! They don't even look that comfortable.

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

What is it about these black-rimmed frames that he loves so much? I am having a hard time imagining him trying out different frames and finally selecting these because they looked the best on him. :unsure: I mean out of all the choices at his disposal he chose these??! They don't even look that comfortable.

Maybe he chose this frame because it was sturdy?

I don't know... I've long stopped asking about his fashion choices :lol: 

Remember this Balenciaga jacket? 

First saw it at PMC promo in Taiwan and I just gave up :grimace:

• LOL 1

26 minutes ago, widala said:

Maybe he chose this frame because it was sturdy?

I don't know... I've long stopped asking about his fashion choices :lol: 

Remember this Balenciaga jacket? 

First saw it at PMC promo in Taiwan and I just gave up :grimace:

At least he wears a stylish watch? :sweat_smile:

• LOL 1

Gong Hyo Jin was recently interviewed in which she talked a little bit about her experience opposite LSK in Pasta:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355732wpp/gong-hyo-jin-discusses-her-experiences-as-the-female-lead-of-romantic-comedy

Quote:

Gong Hyo Jin said her past drama “Pasta” helped her with acting in romantic comedy dramas. She explained, “I usually can’t pretend to be cute, and I’m not able to express myself in a cringe-worthy way. But I met Lee Sun Gyun, who was screaming all the time, and it wasn’t awkward to act like that. When I was filming the drama, I was able to experiment with a lot of things to see what people disliked and what they were comfortable with.”

It's endearing to see she felt so comfortable with LSK that she was able to not be self-conscious acting against her natural tendencies. I always thought they looked very natural together, and so did many other people. And yeah, she is good at memorizing her lines. :lol:

10: And it was because of how natural you guys looked in “Pasta” that people said you two really might be dating. (laugh)

Lee: My wife told me she had heard that from someone. How funny is that? (laugh) You need time to actually be able to date someone... but I had a lot of lines for the scenes in the kitchen. I sometimes didn't think I’d be able to memorize all the lines I had been given because we’d sometimes shoot several scenes from the kitchen in one go. I sometimes felt that it was unfair that I’d have to talk away when everyone else didn’t have that many lines to say. I wanted to say or do something to the ones who would playing with their i-Phones. (laugh)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

And then he himself proved me wrong by showing he could manage to look hot (not literally) in those awkward frames. :lol: But he also seemed cranky.

Right? He looked really hot :wub:

And, Vladivostok was really hot too, 29°C!

That faraway look at the end of the clip...he's missing Korean weather already :lol:

10 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Nostalgic indeed!! Really loved his chemistry with Gong Hyo Jin. 

i was ridiculously happy to see this post. Yes, it was exactly Pasta and the amazing chemistry that got me watching almost all of Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Seon Kyun's dramas. Too bad repeat pairing rarely happens in Kdrama. On the other hand, Chef and Goldfish couple is such a classic that it would be hard to erase/forget should they work together again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

i was ridiculously happy to see this post. Yes, it was exactly Pasta and the amazing chemistry that got me watching almost all of Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Seon Kyun's dramas. Too bad repeat pairing rarely happens in Kdrama. On the other hand, Chef and Goldfish couple is such a classic that it would be hard to erase/forget should they work together again.

Me too! Was very happy to see them together. I still watch Pasta at least once a year. :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@sadiesmith @jhjsw

I confess I haven't watched Pasta yet :sweatingbullets:

Since I became LSK's fan through My Ahjussi, I have only watched his movies and drama Listen to Love (which I dropped because I can't stand the obnoxious side character who is constantly cheating on his wife).

I've been meaning to start Pasta but I was afraid I wouldn't like it.

I don't get the charms of "mean male leads" and "female lead who likes him anyway despite being bullied all the time". Chef and goldfish seems to fall into this category, I don't know I could be wrong...besides, a lot people like Pasta so it couldn't be that bad right?

Time and time again I was planning to watch Pasta, but I kept postponing...

Seeing that clip of LSK and GHJ walking and talking made curious so I just threw the caution to the wind and... *drum rolls*

I just finished watching Pasta episode 1!

Not as bad as I thought...

LSK was gorgeous even when screaming mad :D

I'm glad in their first meeting, Chef is being kind and sweet to Goldfish.

And I guess he got pretty good reasons about getting angry and firing the kitchen staff. But he could've handle it better.

Although, I'm not so sure about "not wanting women in his kitchen"... 

Well, we'll see how things unfold

19 episodes to go!

Fighting! :D

• Like 1

Episode 2

Hmmm, I guess the writer had something in mind when making Chef a petty misogynistic jerk right?

He's not only rude and screaming all the time, but the things he said... WOW!

I know in these kind of stories, things usually get worse before they get better. So I just need to be patient (?).

And the Ex now entering the scene, we shall find out what happened in the past between them that got him so bitter. Not that would be any sufficient excuse for the way he treated women like she murdered all of his family or something...

I've only watch the first episode of When The Camellia Blooms, I don't know if any of you guys have watched it, but I think Goldfish's character is a bit similar with Dong Baek?

Now, before we start episode 3, let me clean my ears first by listening to Park Dong Hoon's breathing...

Does Pasta has its own thread in Soompi?

I hope you guys don't mind I'm sharing my thoughts about Pasta here. 

I know it sounded like all I do is criticising the drama, but it's still a long way to go and I'm eager to find out more...

@widala so glad you started watching it. Yeah, his character gets better and better  every episode so you should be patient. When I rewatch it, I usually skip to episode 5. Hehe. How about Miss Korea? Same writer but at least his character in MK is not really a jerk but a loser I guess? A very handsome loser. :D

I will be watching When The Camellia Blooms after the last episode airs. Romcoms usually make me lose interest if I watch it week by week. And yes, a lot of people say that GHJ's character in that drama and Pasta are the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, widala said:

Episode 2

Hmmm, I guess the writer had something in mind when making Chef a petty misogynistic jerk right?

He's not only rude and screaming all the time, but the things he said... WOW!

I know in these kind of stories, things usually get worse before they get better. So I just need to be patient (?).

And the Ex now entering the scene, we shall find out what happened in the past between them that got him so bitter. Not that would be any sufficient excuse for the way he treated women like she murdered all of his family or something...

I've only watch the first episode of When The Camellia Blooms, I don't know if any of you guys have watched it, but I think Goldfish's character is a bit similar with Dong Baek?

Now, before we start episode 3, let me clean my ears first by listening to Park Dong Hoon's breathing...

Does Pasta has its own thread in Soompi?

I hope you guys don't mind I'm sharing my thoughts about Pasta here. 

I know it sounded like all I do is criticising the drama, but it's still a long way to go and I'm eager to find out more...

I almost envy you because you have all these "new" LSK dramas to watch. hahaha...

But yes, like @jhjsw, I usually skip the first few episodes in my rewatch. I like to start at #5. Even when I first watched it, I did not turn around until episode 6, and the rest was history. It might help to keep in mind that Chef is very different inside and outside the kitchen. In the kitchen he is all business, all the time. If nothing else, LSK never looked more handsome than he did in Pasta. :w00t:

There is a Pasta thread on Soompi but if I am not mistaken, it was locked. :(  Please share your thoughts right here. I'm looking forward to reading them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @jhjsw @sadiesmith !

Because you guys said the good stuff started at ep 5, I bingwatched ep 3,4,5 :D

So, he doesn't want women in his kitchen because he thought women lack the physical strength? Pretty reasonable, but I think it's shallow to judge something by seeing one side only.

Chef is a perfectionist in the kitchen, and he pretty much has good reasons for the way he acted. Although, like the Sous Chef said, in order to be respected Chef also needs to show some leadership skills. But, he's getting there... I hope :D

We also get some back story on Goldfish. 

Ugh, her father and brother are useless but by ep 5 they seems slowly come to their senses.

I like that Goldfish can stand her ground with Chef. Although Chef gives her a chance to be a cook through the blindfold audition, but the truth is she's the one who gave him a chance. Like she said, if it wasn't for kindness he showed in ep 1, she wouldn't try so hard to come back to la Sfera. She knows there's more to him than meets the eyes.

The Ex... What she did to him is low. No wonder he hates her. But, I don't know.... in competition, cooks don't taste their own food before present them to the judge? Or not allowed to?

I can see why he's bitter, and although what happened in the past affected him very much, but I'm glad he's still gives Goldfish a benefit of doubt regarding the 10mill Won bribe scandal. I also like the writer didn't drag this misunderstanding too long.

The evil President is hilarious, I guess they intentionally made him comical...

And the side "love" story between that short haired Noona and No Min Woo's character is going to be fun haha

I forget how pretty No Min Woo is. I'm hoping for Partners in Justice season 3 to see him plays a shady character.

Chef is starting to show his charms and cuteness, I understand why so many people love him...

And Lee Sun Kyun speaking Italian is to die for!

On 10/9/2019 at 4:31 AM, sadiesmith said:

I almost envy you because you have all these "new" LSK dramas to watch. hahaha...

I kind of understand how you feel everytime I see someone discovers the masterpiece, My Ahjussi...

• 2 weeks later...