Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Thanks guys for update on SHJ latest movie. I really likes the poster. Wish I had one. SHJ looks bit tanned in the PC.

I hope he will concentrate on movie, since he rarely get lead role on drama, but his movie gained success more

^Yeap, I agreed with you. All his movies is so good. :)

And do you realize that the youngest sister from EHAS and her 'boyfriend' are also in the movie? :lol:

:sweatingbullets: Can I know what is EHAS. Bit blur. Thankies...

:sweatingbullets: Can I know what is EHAS. Bit blur. Thankies...

Hi N'war!

Sorry for not being clear. :blush: EHAS is short for Everyone Has a Secret, the movie starring LBH, CJW, Chu Sang Mi and Kim Hyo Jin in 2004.

The actress next to SHJ in the press conference is Kim Hyo Jin. She acted as the youngest sister in EHAS while the actor on the right (who was also in MTM2) was KHJ's boyfriend in the movie. Unfortunately, I could never memorize his name but I'll always remember his face. :lol:

625_9.jpg

Guest apple red

맨발의 기봉이 (Barefoot Ki-Bong 2006)

20060420-00300.jpg

2689-20060420182820.jpg

2689-20060420183302.jpg

2689-20060420183518.jpg

Source: http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=2975

this movie seems like Forest Gump, don't you think ?

ANd nice gesture of SHJ to the older...but my impression towards Korean people (since JDG visited Indo early of this month) are they're very respect to other people..

It was very rare to found in entertainment industry when people usually have bigger ego than ordinary people <_<

Guest midnight sun

^ Awesome shot. Thanks rubie.

ANd nice gesture of SHJ to the older...but my impression towards Korean people (since JDG visited Indo early of this month) are they're very respect to other people..

It was very rare to found in entertainment industry when people usually have bigger ego than ordinary people <_<

^ so true.

맨발의 기봉이 (Barefoot Ki-Bong)

Theatrical Trailer

S0000004_gibong_tr_700k_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2006/04/gibong_tr_700k.wmv

Making Of

S0000007_gibong_mk_700_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/02/gibong_mf_700k_1.wmv

Crank Up Footage

S0000022_gibong_mf_crankup_350_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/03/gibong_mf_crankup_350.wmv

Music Video Making Of

S0000019_gibong_MV_mf_600k_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/04/gibong_MV_mf_600k.wmv

VIP preview

S0000009_gibong_vippreview_700k_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/04/gibong_vippreview_700k.wmv

Music Video

S0000007_gibong_mv_700k_001[X140,105].jpg

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/mvideo/2006/04/gibong_mv_700k.wmv

Via: cine 21

^

midnight-sis, thanks very much for all the movie links... appreciate them all!

I have a good feeling about this new movie... and look what I found! A full article just on SHJ as there's usually not much English coverage of him, right?

We finally learn more about the actor and person he is, not to mention a really positive sign for Barefoot Ki-bong!

----------------------------------------

Updated Apr.25, 2006 20:41 KST

Shin Hyun-jun Redeems Himself in Another Intense Part

200604250017_00.jpg

"Public duty" and "faith" are keywords in an interview with the actor Shin Hyun-jun ahead of the release of his film 'Barefoot Ki-bong." The actor's mother reportedly prays nonstop for six hours a day, and his older sister is said to have the gift of prophecy. The actor himself is now in his third year of volunteering to help bathe and look after children with cerebral palsy.

In a recent meeting with the press in Japan, the actor got a little carried away while talking about missionary work, until finally the head of the company that sponsored the event and invited the actor said, "Could you please just talk about something else." The actor said, "If that’s what you want, I'll return your money and leave." The company president apologized.

But maybe our feelings about Shin Hyun-jun are a little narrow-minded, even if most of the fault for the misunderstanding lies with the actor himself. After getting his foot in the door in Chungmuro with the role of the Hayashi in the film "The General's Son (1990)", the actor played opposite Han Seok-gyu in "The Gingko Bed" (1996), in which he and Han's character both loved the same woman in a previous lifetime. The actor's already intense eyes took on an even darker shade in the film, but his attempts to project a tragic and cruel beauty fell flat.

In the comedy "Marrying the Mafia" (2005), the actor played a mob boss and looked unable to shed his intense air even in a lighter movie.

200604250017_01.jpg

But in "Barefoot Ki-bong" the actor successfully regresses to a child to give a splendid performance. The character is more convincing than anyone had a right to expect.

Ki-bong is 40 years old, but his mental development stopped at the age of eight following a high fever. He is treated like an idiot by his neighbors, but because of his strong sense of duty to his mother, he enters a marathon to buy his mother a set of dentures. Shin calls Ki-bong "the first character I really wanted to play."

Asked whether too much emphasis on the beauty of humanity can seem mawkish to an audience, Shin offers a spirited defense. "I have a friend who looks like Frankenstein; he teaches music at a university. But when he plays the piano, he is beautiful. His appearance is completely changed. I hope that people aren't prejudiced about me just because of rumors they heard, or because I have scary eyes, a big nose and look like a foreigner. I used to be unable to say this kind of thing out of concern that people would get me wrong, but now that I've turned 40, I feel comfortable to say what I want."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604250017.html

Guest Zombie

----------------------------------------

Updated Apr.25, 2006 20:41 KST

"Public duty" and "faith" are keywords in an interview with the actor Shin Hyun-jun ahead of the release of his film 'Barefoot Ki-bong." The actor's mother reportedly prays nonstop for six hours a day, and his older sister is said to have the gift of prophecy. The actor himself is now in his third year of volunteering to help bathe and look after children with cerebral palsy.

In a recent meeting with the press in Japan, the actor got a little carried away while talking about missionary work, until finally the head of the company that sponsored the event and invited the actor said, "Could you please just talk about something else." The actor said, "If that’s what you want, I'll return your money and leave." The company president apologized.

But maybe our feelings about Shin Hyun-jun are a little narrow-minded, even if most of the fault for the misunderstanding lies with the actor himself. After getting his foot in the door in Chungmuro with the role of the Hayashi in the film "The General's Son (1990)", the actor played opposite Han Seok-gyu in "The Gingko Bed" (1996), in which he and Han's character both loved the same woman in a previous lifetime. The actor's already intense eyes took on an even darker shade in the film, but his attempts to project a tragic and cruel beauty fell flat.

In the comedy "Marrying the Mafia" (2005), the actor played a mob boss and looked unable to shed his intense air even in a lighter movie.

But in "Barefoot Ki-bong" the actor successfully regresses to a child to give a splendid performance. The character is more convincing than anyone had a right to expect.

Ki-bong is 40 years old, but his mental development stopped at the age of eight following a high fever. He is treated like an idiot by his neighbors, but because of his strong sense of duty to his mother, he enters a marathon to buy his mother a set of dentures. Shin calls Ki-bong "the first character I really wanted to play."

Asked whether too much emphasis on the beauty of humanity can seem mawkish to an audience, Shin offers a spirited defense. "I have a friend who looks like Frankenstein; he teaches music at a university. But when he plays the piano, he is beautiful. His appearance is completely changed. I hope that people aren't prejudiced about me just because of rumors they heard, or because I have scary eyes, a big nose and look like a foreigner. I used to be unable to say this kind of thing out of concern that people would get me wrong, but now that I've turned 40, I feel comfortable to say what I want."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604250017.html

Thanks Rubie for the article. I like the way SHJ describe his own facial features, really comic side of him. :lol:

Looks like Marrying the Mafia 2 & Barefoot Ki Bong will give him the due recognition that eludes him for a long while. :phew:

Thanks Rubie for the article. I like the way SHJ describe his own facial features, really comic side of him. :lol:

Looks like Marrying the Mafia 2 & Barefoot Ki Bong will give him the due recognition that eludes him for a long while. :phew:

Hi Zombie... what a surprise, seeing you here! :lol:

Yeah... I like his humorous answer, too... no longer too conscious of himself... totally confident and comfortable with his own appearance. And when he said that he hopes no one will have prejudices against him based on rumours they heard, didn't it explained perfectly what we've just been through. ;)

Hopefully this underrated actor will finally get his due acting recognition for his portrayal in the new movie. Having watched and enjoyed MTM2, will definitely be on the lookout for Barefoot Ki-bong, too!

I just saw Barefoot Ki-bong's MV and it's soooo sweet and funny... not SHJ's character but how he accidentally won a marathon. :lol: Hope it's not too much a spoiler but the movie did in fact based on a known, true story. :)

Just like SHJ, Kim Su-mi as the mother totally transformed herself into someone so different from her real nature and identity. Awesome!

I just saw Barefoot Ki-bong's MV and it's soooo sweet and funny... not SHJ's character but how he accidentally won a marathon. :lol: Hope it's not too much a spoiler but the movie did in fact based on a known, true story. :)

Just like SHJ, Kim Su-mi as the mother totally transformed herself into someone so different from her real nature and identity. Awesome!

Ohh yea tis movie is based on a true story ~ ;)

The mother (Kim Su Mi) also acted wif him in Marrying The Mafia 2 ya ?

Her image in tis new movie i think is somehow a little like her image in last yr's Mapado ~ :P

Ohh yea tis movie is based on a true story ~ ;)

The mother (Kim Su Mi) also acted wif him in Marrying The Mafia 2 ya ?

Her image in tis new movie i think is somehow a little like her image in last yr's Mapado ~ :P

Yeah, the same Omma-son combination from MTM2. :D

Didn't know about Mapado. What kind of movie was it?

wah, first time writing here but he always been my favorite actor alongside with LBH and KSW. Hope he get recognition as well as he is so underrated actor. Some said, life began at 40, eh, btw, isn't he is just 38 or 37 becoz he was born in 1968 or 1969 if I'm not mistaken

Still remember his MV For Your Soul with CJW.

Guest sweetness

Yeah, the same Omma-son combination from MTM2. :D

Didn't know about Mapado. What kind of movie was it?

mapado was a comedy, 5 ajuhmas living in mapa island. hehe, a funny one... kim soo mi's forte. she was a sort of mysterious, but funny character in mapado. though i think ksm, will be more dramatic in this one, but of course, still funny...

saw a behind-the-scenes clip of barefoot ki-bong before (on arirang most likely), and ksm mentioned that she believes shj was her son in a past life, something to that sense. seems they're really close. :) so, i'm also really looking forward to their tandem in this upcoming movie.

i thought at first shj was a serious dramatic actor (first saw him on stairway to heaven), but then i saw mtm2 :D

*** aish! am having some insomniac episodes, hehe. the effects of caffeine *** :rolleyes: hehe.

mapado was a comedy, 5 ajuhmas living in mapa island. hehe, a funny one... kim soo mi's forte. she was a sort of mysterious, but funny character in mapado. though i think ksm, will be more dramatic in this one, but of course, still funny...

Hi sweetness!

Thanks for the Mapado info, sounds like a good movie... KSM was really funny in MTM2... so, I can imagine. :lol:

And that bit about KSM-SHJ ... no wonder they clicked right away with such closeness and chemistry. MTM2 was the proof of it, followed by Barefoot Ki-bong and the upcoming MTM3. :P

You & me, both... I've always thought SHJ as an intense, serious type of actor but in MTM2... he was intense alright but so hilarious! :lol:

Btw, I love your avatar. ^_^

Heya Rubie Lee n frens!!

Hmm...i think this guy's cool..i first saw him in 'Gingko Bed'..thot it was weird then in 'Bichunmoo' with Kim Hee Sun apparently love that one!!. Then i saw 'Guns n Talks' , MTM 1 & 2.., 'Hi Dharma' and saw the clips of 'Barefoot Ki Bong'..with his again 'mother on screen' Kim SuMi ..hilarious and warm!. Wow never know they are going to do MTM 3!. But i have yet to watch 'Blue'...i saw bits of 'Rondo' and he'a a baddie there!.

p/s oh yeah i love 'Mapado' ...such a feel good movie!!. Kim SuMi is hilarious of coz u can see wee bit of Lee Jung Jin's cute butt when the elder ladies on the Mapa Island pulled his pants down there..in the movie that is!! :lol: ..sorry a little off topic here!

Guest midnight sun

It's great to see so many familiar faces. :)

... and look what I found! A full article just on SHJ as there's usually not much English coverage of him, right?

^ That's a good read with some interesting info. Thank you.

Guest Zombie

Hi Zombie... what a surprise, seeing you here! :lol:

Yeah... I like his humorous answer, too... no longer too conscious of himself... totally confident and comfortable with his own appearance. And when he said that he hopes no one will have prejudices against him based on rumours they heard, didn't it explained perfectly what we've just been through. ;)

Hopefully this underrated actor will finally get his due acting recognition for his portrayal in the new movie. Having watched and enjoyed MTM2, will definitely be on the lookout for Barefoot Ki-bong, too!

Heya Rubie Lee n frens!!

Hmm...i think this guy's cool..i first saw him in 'Gingko Bed'..thot it was weird then in 'Bichunmoo' with Kim Hee Sun apparently love that one!!. Then i saw 'Guns n Talks' , MTM 1 & 2.., 'Hi Dharma' and saw the clips of 'Barefoot Ki Bong'..with his again 'mother on screen' Kim SuMi ..hilarious and warm!. Wow never know they are going to do MTM 3!. But i have yet to watch 'Blue'...i saw bits of 'Rondo' and he'a a baddie there!.

p/s oh yeah i love 'Mapado' ...such a feel good movie!!. Kim SuMi is hilarious of coz u can see wee bit of Lee Jung Jin's cute butt when the elder ladies on the Mapa Island pulled his pants down there..in the movie that is!! :lol: ..sorry a little off topic here!

:lol::lol::lol: Had the intention of posting in this thread for awhile ....but somehow never come to it till now.

Yes, like some of you, I had followed some of his earlier movies, Guns & Talks, Hi Drama, Blue , Bichunmoo and older dramas with LBH. I am only impressed with Guns & Talks, while the rest donot quite bring out his charisma....somehow, just fall short of his capabilities.

Hope that he had a breakthru this year.

^

Haha, Jas... maybe SHJ-ssi can't wait to become 40!

Checking his profile, he's only going to be 38 this year. :lol:

Btw, good to see you here, Jas... syah4brit, too. :)

maybe, in Korea, there will be one year older when they were born, that's make him only 39 but yeah, he want to be older, hehe

Heya Rubie Lee n frens!!

no lah, inez, he is not a baddie there, in fact Rondo is one of the dramas, when you really cannot claimed which guys is a baddie for each one and everyone has a a mixed character.

:lol::lol::lol: Had the intention of posting in this thread for awhile ....but somehow never come to it till now.

Yes, like some of you, I had followed some of his earlier movies, Guns & Talks, Hi Drama, Blue , Bichunmoo and older dramas with LBH. I am only impressed with Guns & Talks, while the rest donot quite bring out his charisma....somehow, just fall short of his capabilities.

Hope that he had a breakthru this year.

same like me, hope he has a breakthrough, he is such a great guy in terms of acting (after LBH) of course :D

Archived