Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

he is such a very good actor..

And his decision to played antagonist role in STH is great choice because it will be his open door to overseas, eventhough as you know drama is really different with movies.

His acting is excelent..too bad rarely talk about movies actor here..thank God at least we have Jung woosung and SHJ here.

And i think he's sexy too *wink wink*

It's nice to see you here, apple red. Welcome to the thread. :)

Thanks for sharing the news, rubie. :)

Hi apple red, midnight sun and everyone....

Agree with apple red that despite SHJ being more known as a movie star, his willingness to act as an antagonist or even as second-lead in a series is really amazing actually. Because not often we see a movie star (with box office hits) going back to drama just to be cast in a supporting role... such in STH and the upcoming CJW's new drama, Rondo. Nonetheless, it was really a significant role he played in STH. We'll have to wait & see how CJW's Japanese series is going to be like... hopefully it'll turn out better than expected and I'm sure SHJ's presence in the drama will not go unnoticed either.

midnight sun, thanks a lot for everything... please take care.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Thanks guys for the updated news + pictures. Can't get enough of him.

He shaved again. Yeah, fallin' in love again. When I watch his news clip on when he do the charity at underpriviliged home. There were part when he wash the children remind me of the scenes on 'Because I'm A Girl. Well, I just watch Hi, Dharma 2.. It so funny. I think SHJ suits to be a not-too-bad gangster. :lol: Planning to buy Guns & Talks soon.

Does he have acted with children before. He looks good to be a daddy. Well, this is from Never Again MV thought...

Guest apple red

Hi apple red, midnight sun and everyone....

Agree with apple red that despite SHJ being more known as a movie star, his willingness to act as an antagonist or even as second-lead in a series is really amazing actually. Because not often we see a movie star (with box office hits) going back to drama just to be cast in a supporting role... such in STH and the upcoming CJW's new drama, Rondo. Nonetheless, it was really a significant role he played in STH. We'll have to wait & see how CJW's Japanese series is going to be like... hopefully it'll turn out better than expected and I'm sure SHJ's presence in the drama will not go unnoticed either.

midnight sun, thanks a lot for everything... please take care.

Hello Rubie..

I think SHJ is very calculated about what role he supposed to play

He played an mix antagonist - protagonist role to build his name back around viewers who never knew him. As you know, drama easier to reach fans's heart than movie..but movie is more exclusive viewer.

But we cant be exclusive without known, so he must be thought he must be well known first and then people realised how good he is. No one cant denied his acting skill in STH...he portrayed it very well.

And he agreed to took a part in Rondo, i think because this is a colaborated drama between two countries. And he can gain more fans with taking a part in this drama eventhough his role just supporting role.

His clips dancing in Blue Dragon awards is very funny

:lol::lol:

And i like this pic a lot

20051129232441012.jpg

Hello Adikkeluangman, Rubie, Midnight Sun, Apple Red and all fans of SHJ :):)

I'm due to check in here since a long time ago but did not have a chance as my mind was totally occupied with so many outstanding issues on other threads which I'm helping to re-build. I finally completed posting the last summary/dialogues of STH which involves the talented SHJ.

Through writing the summaries of the drama, I stumbled upon many facets of him which I had taken for granted if not for my detailing work done recently. I found his portrayal of Han Tae Hwa a much different and difficult role as compared to KSW. He has to "steal love" from Cha Song Joo to love Han Jeong Suh and hide her identity until the truth was exploded much to his desire as he had intended to keep her for himself for the rest of his life. The life he had grown through were all very upsetting moments....from young till death he has to endure poverty, failure to keep his love, a mother who desperately wanted him locked up in prison and a sister who totally resents him. The only love he has ever cherished is from Han Jeong Suh....his first ever present a muffler and seaweed soup served to him by HJS were all his most treasured gifts in his entire life. Gosh! I can go on and on...without stopping.

Sorry, gals I gotta stop here for the time being as I need to zoom back to my work place.. :rolleyes:

Guest midnight sun

Hello adikkeluangman, rubie, apple red, Felicia and dashling_ice. I'm glad to see all of you here. :)

Does he have acted with children before. He looks good to be a daddy. Well, this is from Never Again MV thought...

^ He played a father in 'Bichunmoo'. The movie is based on a six-volume series of comic books by Kim Hye-rin that gained huge popularity in South Korea during the eighties.

Bichunmoo (비천무)

0118qe.png

International Movie Trailer

^

Anyone has the link to dl the Never Again MV.. want to see him with kids, too. ^_^

Lee Soo Young - Never Again (이수영 - 네버어게인)

0122enew04p20hn.gif

mms://218.38.55.185/EMPAS_WMV_HIGH_040723/0000/000007.wmv

Enjoy! :)

His clips dancing in Blue Dragon awards is very funny

:lol::lol:

^ Yup. :lol:

20051130205605.603.0.jpg

Via: daum.net

I'm due to check in here since a long time ago but did not have a chance as my mind was totally occupied with so many outstanding issues on other threads which I'm helping to re-build. I finally completed posting the last summary/dialogues of STH which involves the talented SHJ.

Through writing the summaries of the drama, I stumbled upon many facets of him which I had taken for granted if not for my detailing work done recently. I found his portrayal of Han Tae Hwa a much different and difficult role as compared to KSW. He has to "steal love" from Cha Song Joo to love Han Jeong Suh and hide her identity until the truth was exploded much to his desire as he had intended to keep her for himself for the rest of his life. The life he had grown through were all very upsetting moments....from young till death he has to endure poverty, failure to keep his love, a mother who desperately wanted him locked up in prison and a sister who totally resents him. The only love he has ever cherished is from Han Jeong Suh....his first ever present a muffler and seaweed soup served to him by HJS were all his most treasured gifts in his entire life. Gosh! I can go on and on...without stopping.

^ Felicia, your analytic comments never cease to amaze me. :)

hi guys...someone told me that there's a movie made from the mtv of shin hyun joon which is the because i'm a girl by kiss....can someone tell me the title of the movie???pls.... :):D

^ I'm afraid I haven't got a clue.

Guest apple red

Hello Adikkeluangman, Rubie, Midnight Sun, Apple Red and all fans of SHJ :):)

Sorry, gals I gotta stop here for the time being as I need to zoom back to my work place.. :rolleyes:

Hello Felicia

If we analized his character in STH, we couldnt help but feel sorry for him. His life was something like unwanted by everyone and everywhere. Two pople who's care for him was only Jung suh or his father. And that wasnt enough because his mother and sister tried as hard as they could to abandoned him.

What kind a mother who locked his son in her dress room and pretending that he wasnt exist :blink:

^

midnight sis... thanks for the MV link, downloading now! *mwah* :lol:

Agree with Felicia & Apple sis, everything you've written about SHJ's character in STH. Despite watching the series initially for CJW, I must say that the scenes of SHJ were the highlight for me (can't explain why, I'm the weird one as opposed to million others). The scene of him driving to his death was the saddest I've seen... one that really stood out.

Come to think of it, despite his appearances in hit series alongside popular actors & actresses and starring in blockbuster movies... SHJ is quite underrated actually. Anyone disagree?

For everyone at the thread

shj.jpg

An Nyong Haseyo Rubie, Apple Red, Midnight Sun and all....... :)

Frankly, I can't think of any candidate who could have played Han Tae Hwa better than Shin Hyun Joon!! He may not be the good looking one in the drama but his character is so REAL ...not perfect like KSW who has almost everything but deep down he is a kind-hearted person and loves HJS unconditionally. He is that kind of "one man woman type" and he fell deeply into LOVE because there were no one else who cared for him and his retaliation towards his mother make him more desperate to LOVE...to love HJS...at least to balance up his insecurities otherwise he may end up insane...the living atmosphere with his mum, sister, step-father and Jeong Suh was not condusive to live in.

Apple Red, you are right...how can a natural mother ill-treat her very own son??? I can't bear to see the part of the story when HTH was punished in the store room ...locked up in the dark room and his mum purposely increase the temperature of the room to freeze him..eergh!! we normally only witnessed such cruelty if she is the step-mum but goodness! Why must she hates him so much...or is it to spike his dad???

Rubie, I agree with you...wonder why he seems to be so underrated ...in fact he has been in show biz longer than many of his peers...May be his kind of look don't pull so many crowds. Look, KSW soar to stardom for his role in STH and again he was overshadowed by him. Rubie Hoobae, you are not weird for choosing him or rather in favour of him ..you've just got TASTE ...above the rest....he!he!he!...better hide from fans of KSW!!

Midnight Sun....I like your ID name...somewhat contradicting...and sound very mysterious!!

Do you gals noticed that he was so dashing looking during the time when he has to lead HJS to her wedding...that was the only time his hair was kept neatly and his outfit was so smart...that was his best looking suit in the drama...and HE IS REAL TALL....very matching with CJW too. I can't wait to see him in his new role again with CJW in RONDO...Hope this time he won't suffer the same fate again..at least not the suicidal part.

If you gals pay attention to the NG scenes of STH, you'll noticed that he is a gentleman...remember there was an NG scene where CJW was supposedly loosing her vision and bumped herself straight into a lamp pole and got hurt. He was so genuinely concerned as he checked out her condition. He hugged her and gave a friendly pat on her back....that reactions of him earned my respect for him.

BTW, I saw an MV of him and CJW which was taken some time back...a very long time since I noticed that he looked very young. The scene looks like a HK movie...any idea, gals??? B)

Guest adikkeluangman

Hi guys....

midnight sun; Thankies for the trailer link. If the film not horror or anything maybe I will buy the CD Arghh... you beat me. Here is the link for the MV Lee So Young - Never Again

Does anyone have the clip for the dancing in clips dancing in Blue Dragon. Thankies...

rubie; Yeah, I totally agreed with you. He is underrated. When I first watching STH, maybe on 3 or 4 episode. When I saw him, OMG! what a man. A nice big brother to her sis and other nice things to say about him. Well, not into KSW that time. ;)

Felicia Soh; Yeah, I agree with you that oppa is a gentleman and a funny guy. I saw his interview in the ShowBiz Extra and he comments bout his co-stars in 'Shadowless Sword'. He said that he eventhough he doesn't have any scene or work at that time he still went to fliming site to watch 2 other girls shoot. He concerned about the girls well-being of the stunts and other. How see of him. It a MV of Jo Sung Mo. Maybe coz it filmed in HK. Will be rite back with the title. Need to get look through all my CD collection.

edit: I put list of MV title on the profile. Jo Sung Mo - For My Soul

Guest midnight sun

Hello everybody. :)

...Rubie Hoobae, you are not weird for choosing him or rather in favour of him ..you've just got TASTE ...above the rest....he!he!he!...better hide from fans of KSW!!

^ You made me laugh, Felicia. :lol:

Midnight Sun....I like your ID name...somewhat contradicting...and sound very mysterious!!

^ Thanks. :)

If you gals pay attention to the NG scenes of STH, you'll noticed that he is a gentleman...remember there was an NG scene where CJW was supposedly loosing her vision and bumped herself straight into a lamp pole and got hurt. He was so genuinely concerned as he checked out her condition. He hugged her and gave a friendly pat on her back....that reactions of him earned my respect for him.

^ I noticed that too. He is a real gentleman and an excellent and hard worker.

BTW, I saw an MV of him and CJW which was taken some time back...a very long time since I noticed that he looked very young. The scene looks like a HK movie...any idea, gals??? B)

^ adikkeluangman is right about the video. Here's the link:

Jo Sung Mo - For Your Soul (조성모 - 슬픈 영혼식)

foryoursoul5vs.png

mms://218.38.55.249/MUZ_WMV_HIGH_040723/0003/000315.wmv

Does anyone have the clip for the dancing in clips dancing in Blue Dragon. Thankies...

^ Sorry, the full show only.

[KBS2 11.29.05] 26th Blue Dragon Awards Part 1+2 (credit to creidesca)

LQ & HQ versions

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

^ rubie, thanks for the link.

5b070073_8.jpg

Via: chosun.com

Guest adikkeluangman

^midnight sun; Thanks for that. Erm... so they feature in the 1st part or 2nd part? Maybe I will ask my friend to DL n cut SHJ part only. :P On the pic that your post who is the other guys

5b070073_8.jpg

L-R: ?, Shin Hyun Joon, JDG, Lee Suh Jin (is it?) rite now in Phoenix aka LSJ phase.

^

The one on the left is Park Joon Hoon (movie actor).... the last one, not sure... doesn't look like LSJ. :unsure:

Maybe he's the emcee?

The dancing part was featured after the commercial break, I think that'll be the second part of the award. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not much have been heard about SHJ lately... anyway.. he was mentioned in the news today, from CJW's drama update.

Update : Dec 20, 2005 KST 13:17

Actress Choi Ji-woo Stars in Joint Korean-Japanese TV Drama

woo_l.jpg

A press conference introducing a joint Korean-Japanese television drama entitled "Circle Dance Music-Rondo" produced by TBS TV, a Japanese television network, was held at Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel in Tokyo, Japan on the afternoon of Dec. 19. The drama stars Choi Ji-woo and Japanese actor Yutaka Takenouchi.

The press conference began with Ayaka Hirahara singing one of the drama's title songs "I Believe." Together with Choi and Takenouchi, also attending the press interview were 14 major actors and production team members, including Korean actor Shin Hyun-joon and Korean actress and singer Lee Jung-hyun, and Japanese actress Yoshino Kimura, who has worked alongside Choi as PR ambassador for the "Year of Korea-Japan Visit."

In the drama, Choi plays a character with an indefatigable spirit who runs a Korean restaurant in Japan with her sister. Choi said, "It's my honor to act in a drama for which fans have high expectations. I have felt very burdened and worried. But during the shooting, I enjoyed working with an outstanding production staff, my partner Yutaka Takenouchi, and Shin Hyun-joon and Lee Jung-hyun, with whom I have worked together back in Korea. I believe this drama will be successful."

Takenouchi, who plays a character who falls in love with Choi's character in the drama, expressed his friendship with Choi, saying, "I have not been able to spend much time with Choi due to each other's busy schedules. This is the longest period of time I have spent alongside her. We had traditional Japanese stew together after filming in Fukuoka. I am going to introduce Japanese ramen noodles to Choi, as she has wanted to taste it."

Takenouchi said his greetings in Korean, "Anyong Haseyo?" He showed off his knowledge of some basic Korean expressions to Choi, saying, "How are you? I appreciate what you've done. Happy New Year!" in Korean.

Meanwhile, Shin plays a mysterious character in the early part of the drama as a Korean mafia boss. Lee plays Choi's stubborn sister who suffers from a heart disease.

The press conference, where about 300 Korean and Japanese journalists vied to cover the event, finished with singer Lee Seung-chul singing the drama's theme song "Sayonara." Introduced as the "top ballad singer," Lee Seung-chul said, "Today marks the 20th anniversary of my debut. I have experienced so many glorious moments over the past 20 years. But this very moment seems to me the best gift God has given me."

The first episode of the 11-part "Circle Dance Music-Rondo" will be aired on TBS TV on Jan. 15, 2006 at 9:00 p.m. and the drama will run for two months. Currently, Korean and Japanese broadcasters are discussing how to air the drama in Korea. An agreement has already been made to broadcast it in Taiwan.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4088_11692.html

Guest midnight sun

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

20051219185613.015.1.jpg

20051219185613.015.0.jpg

20051219185606.030.1.jpg

20051219185606.030.2.jpg

20051219213018.094.0.jpg

20051219213018.094.1.jpg

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200512/21/200512211656185764_s.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200512/22/200512221106457496_s.wmv