P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest couturelust

edit (goomba): removal of photos as per rules

Rule 2: Absolutely no posting pictures of pets unless it's pet health, pet care, pet purchasing or pet-item/food related! There is a topic for sharing pics of pets somewhere in the member 411 & pix section, go wander in and find it yourself if you want to share pictures of your pet with no relevance to a question or advice on pets. If your goldfish is discolored and you're not sure what's wrong with, yes post it. If you just want to show it off, do not post it here! :ph34r:Posted Image
my five month old maltese baby :) her name is lychee!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dogs are adorable--Lychee looks like a toy. ^-^

I started giving my dog vitamins... right now I'm trying out Pet Tabs because it's one of the more popular brands and to be honest... I was really lazy when I was doing my research and just settled for that :X

I think it's giving my dog constipation. Actually, I don't know what's wrong with him right now.

His little body is very tense and he remains in a sitting upright position. If I try to stretch him out or pick him up, he yelps in pain and then curls up again. I'm really worried.

His hind legs are also trembling and I don't know... all of this happened out of nowhere.

poor him =( things sometimes happen that way--out of nowhere. >< I think I'd call and talk to your vet as soon as possible, and maybe take him in--pain (maybe if he's constipated)is definitely not good. When was the last time he went? Was he doing everything else normally before that? My puppy is on something similar, but it's a different brand.

good luck--post again!

poor him =( things sometimes happen that way--out of nowhere. >< I think I'd call and talk to your vet as soon as possible, and maybe take him in--pain (maybe if he's constipated)is definitely not good. When was the last time he went? Was he doing everything else normally before that? My puppy is on something similar, but it's a different brand.

good luck--post again!

I really don't know what happened :(

One minute he was normal and then suddenly he became lethargic. I went to pick up up and he let out the weirdest yelp and then his little body tensed up. He was crying and whining all night so I stayed up with him, rubbed his back/belly, etc - it seemed to help because he would stop crying and relax a little. He was in so much pain T__T and he kept looking at me like, "DO SOMETHING, WOMAN."

My sister took him to the vet earlier today and they think he might have pulled a muscle? They're not sure... they gave him some painkillers but if the problem persists, we have to bring him back in for x-rays.

I was so worried I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Right now he's drugged up and sleeping.

I don't think he's pooped all day either. I put out his old puppy training pads for convenience.

Guest lualm

my four-month old kitten shocked the h*ll out of me today. he was wrestling with my arm, biting and kicking. he suddenly got intense and mounted over my arm. I was shocked! LOL! i had to push him away to make him stop. Never thought kittens could have this instinct at such young age. :X

Hey guys, i need a little input!

I have a 6 month old Japanese Spitz, and when i take him for walks, he absolutely flips when he hears other dogs barking at him.

He walks perfectly fine on his leash, but whenever another dog barks at him he tugs so hard at the leash to try and run away! (Doesn't help that the dogs that bark at him always seem to be 3 times his size) And i end up having to walk/jog faster cos im scared his collar will choke him ):

How can i calm him down/get him used to it? I've read somewhere that i shouldn't try and console him cos it will further encourage him to act that way whenever a dog barks at him.

He has a pretty timid personality; he's really cautious around strangers, but its not severe - he ends up warming up to them after a few minutes. He's also pretty scared of motorbikes haha.

Is it normal behaviour for him to go nuts when another dog barks at him?

What should i do to correct/improve this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

i have a timid bichon frise and i used a pepsi can, filled it up with pennies and shake it rapidly in his face if he's about to bark. he hates the sound and calms down.

Soo... it's been a few weeks and my dog is still acting really strange.

We never figured out what was wrong with him :(

When we took him to the vet, they just gave him pain pills.

He seems better now and I don't know if it's the heat or what but he's been really lazy and not as active as he used to be? He also licks/bites his crotch and butt area a lot?! And I haven't seen him hump his stuffed animal either (this was a daily ritual).

He just lies in his carrier for the bulk of the day (something he hasn't done since he was a pup - it's like his safety blanket) :/

I'm really worried. Just a few minutes ago, I went to the bathroom and he was just lying there o.0

He also had an accident on the rug... my dog is house trained.

I'm starting to wonder if the Pet Tabs vitamins I've been giving him has anything to do with his strange behavior. I think I'm going to take him off of them for a few days and see if there's any change.

If not, should I visit the vet's office...? Or am I just being paranoid..?

Also, even if he stops taking the Pet Tabs, he'll still need vitamins. Could you guys recommend any brands?

Thanks for reading.

Soo... it's been a few weeks and my dog is still acting really strange.

We never figured out what was wrong with him :(

When we took him to the vet, they just gave him pain pills.

He seems better now and I don't know if it's the heat or what but he's been really lazy and not as active as he used to be? He also licks/bites his crotch and butt area a lot?! And I haven't seen him hump his stuffed animal either (this was a daily ritual).

He just lies in his carrier for the bulk of the day (something he hasn't done since he was a pup - it's like his safety blanket) :/

I'm really worried. Just a few minutes ago, I went to the bathroom and he was just lying there o.0

He also had an accident on the rug... my dog is house trained.

I'm starting to wonder if the Pet Tabs vitamins I've been giving him has anything to do with his strange behavior. I think I'm going to take him off of them for a few days and see if there's any change.

If not, should I visit the vet's office...? Or am I just being paranoid..?

Also, even if he stops taking the Pet Tabs, he'll still need vitamins. Could you guys recommend any brands?

Thanks for reading.

I was actually just going to pm you...I don't think you're being paranoid...and if you aren't happy with the way he looks--I would take him to the vet-as soon as possible. Maybe a different one if you weren't satisfied with the one that just gave you pills... It does sound like something is going on ><

I will edit this with what I give my dog. It sounds like good idea to take him off the Pet Tabs, especially if you think things started happening after you started him on them.

edit:: our dogs have been on various supplements for years (same breed, different dogs)-they take C, MSM, grapeseed, colostrom and other things for babies when they're younger [under 3, because they're puppies until then], and there's a powder I mix (contains bone meal, kelp powder, lecithin, and nutritional yeast). The puppy has just started on COQ10, selenium, and L carnitine...the breed is prone for certain things like heart problems, and these things strengthen their hearts. t_t We've never had problems with any of the things we've given them. We've never used Pet Tabs--but we give something similar--they're called Fresh Factors. They're not size or breed-specific. Here's the link if you want to read about them:

http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/fresh_factors/13

^Thank you! I really appreciate all of your help :)

I didn't give my dog his vitamin today and he seemed a lot more energetic.

He's still licking his behind though.

I think I'm going to take him permanently off the Pet Tabs... which is bothersome considering how I bought him like, a HUGE bottle of it T__T

300+ pills or something.

Guest seoulology

I always have to give away all my pets, because I'm allergic. T_T

Always getting but knowing I'm allergic, until it gets really bad. 

Just gave away my hamster last month. *sighs*

tears.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oppagotswag

This is my 1yr old doggie on my King size bed. I love him!!!!

*quoted image*

that's adorable. although i wouldn't let my dog sleep on my bedlaugh.gif.

so i have a question. about 8/9 weeks ago my cat gave birth to 4 kittens and they're now at the age they can leave for their new owners (we have 3 cats already of which one is from my cat's earlier nest). not even 5 minutes after we put the ad up on the internet this lady called saying she owned a pet store and wanted to take all 4 kittens in. it's not usual for pet stores in my area to sell cats/dogs so this might just be me being paranoia, but i was wondering if i should trust this or not, especially since my mom immediately came up with a story she heard of kittens being bought and then killedmellow.gif. the store is simply too far away for me to go check it out, but i saw their website and it looks quite credible. one other problem is that one of the kittens is deaf. my cat's previous nest had a full white deaf cat as well and we were lucky to find a nice enough girl to take her in. not that i'm afraid of the cats actually being killed xD, but i was wondering if they'll at least be taken good care of and not given away to the first random person walking in the store. you know how it goes with these salespeople..

excusez moi for writing such a long post.

^ Maybe give the lady a call and see what she's like? Or arrange for a meeting at a place convenient to both of you (your mom can come along too), so that you can check her out in person. It does sound a bit dodgy that she's responding so quickly after you put up your ad, but she may turn out to be legit. Just don't promise anything over the phone or even during the meeting - just say it's your practice to get to know better potential adopters.

Also, maybe you can contact the girl who has the deaf kitty and ask if she'd like another one, or if she knows of good people who would love to take care of kittens.

Guest oppagotswag

haha yeah i already called the woman but of course she'll say she will take good care of them kittens, no one would give them away knowing she'll turn them into cat beef (i'm just joking, don't brick me). thank you so much for your advice, it's actually a really good idea calling the other deaf cat's owner! i didn't think of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a deal on Grooster (Like groupon) for the Aikiou Dog Puzzle Bowl any one have it and their experiences with it? Im thinking about getting it and leaving it for my maltese-poo.

I have two dogs, and I know for sure my shiba might play with it, just unsure about my Maltesepoo. Also my dogs are usually locked up in the house for at least 8 hrs since everyone in my family works and goes to school, so I was hoping to leave food in there for them to amuse themselves and eat.

if your wondering, yes they eat out of their bowl. It's just my Maltese poo makes a bigger mess... he would take a bite of kibble and spit the rest out and make a trail.

Guest ily.berry

I have a pug and jack russell mix.  I adopted him a year ago, and he just turned two.  

It's hard taking pics of him cause he never sits still.  

U____________________________________U;

Anybody own a pug or a jack russell?

Guest Daylightful

I'm highly considering getting a bunny rabbit for when I move into my new apartment! Would they make okay pets for college students?

I'm highly considering getting a bunny rabbit for when I move into my new apartment! Would they make okay pets for college students?

I think you should ask yourself whether YOU have the necessary time and commitment to take care of an animal. There is no "suitable pet for college student" category.

Has anyone attempted teeth cleaning with an agressive dog?

I've tried Googling methods online but none of them seem to be working for me. I've tried calming collars, "soothing aromas", letting her smell the toothpaste, getting her used to the brush... and many more things, but once my fingers get near her mouth, she'll snap at me and run away (her personality overall is very agressive). I'm not comfortable with constantly putting her under anesthesia at the vet for cleaning because I know there's always that risk that she won't wake up or it will permanently damage her, so I'm trying to go for a natural method.

I don't seem to have this problem with my other dog. He loves taking baths, teeth cleaning, brushing.. he just sits there and acts cute and kisses me to thank me when I'm done. I wish my girl was like him.

Guest heeqeuri

that's adorable. although i wouldn't let my dog sleep on my bed*quoted image*.

so i have a question. about 8/9 weeks ago my cat gave birth to 4 kittens and they're now at the age they can leave for their new owners (we have 3 cats already of which one is from my cat's earlier nest). not even 5 minutes after we put the ad up on the internet this lady called saying she owned a pet store and wanted to take all 4 kittens in.

I remember my cousin gave her rabbit to a friend, and a week later when she asks about the rabbit, the friend said the rabbit died so they eat it. Sorry for scaring you but yeah, you should be careful ;o; I wouldn't want something I take care to be harmed, they should live happily :(

- - - - - - -

I've been wondering about this for a while, why does my cats do this? o-o I have 2 cats who did this, including this one. Is there something wrong with their tummy or legs or something, cos the other cats in my house doesn't do that lol. Its a funny sight though :x

lKKE8.jpg

Archived